Create Account

S51 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects thread
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2019, 10:34 PM by hhh81.)

[Image: jYLSkDI.png]
Hello hello and welcome to the Colorado Raptors IP thread! I am hhh81, the mild mannered GM of the Raptors, here to learn more about the newest potential members of our team.

It's that time of the season again. I've provided a copy and paste-able code down below here with some questions for you to answer! Please provide your answers in the blanks under the questions and someone from our scouting staff will reach out with any further questions we have.

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?[/b]

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL![/b]

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

[b]5) Give us your best pun[/b]

[b]6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on Discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (discord info found to the left under my profile picture thing). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Code:
1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?

5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

1. As for the SHL, I’ve spend about a year here with Izem Abioye, learning the ins and outs of the league and meeting old friends along the way. On top of that, I frequent discord-based GM sim league to test my management skills.

2. I’d love to stay in contact, but I know we’ve already been in touch. Contact me via discord through @Eddie#4796

3. I’ve already experienced the offensive defenseman role with Abioye, and it was fun, but the party’s over. Borys will be a big, mean, slapshooting bear of a forward, and I aim to be a consistent asset to the team on offense and in the physical aspect of the game.

4. My big goal of making the SMJHL having already been completed, I hope for Borys to get the chance to win the 4-Star, and become a consistent SHL player. As for more personal goals, I hope to play alongside my good friends, or brothers, if you will, and teach them the ways of the SHL so that they can enjoy the experience like I have.

5. When not doing the rounds of the weekly SHL work, I find myself online doing other hockey-related things, interacting with the community, and making friends. I always enjoy finding a point of discussion.

-eddiesnothere

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league?
Plenty. Held most jobs here at one point. Still a GM in SHL. In NSFL and PBE with players.

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
sure!

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!
two way pass first

Win cups

5) Give us your best pun
I'm not very punny

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
Play xbox from time to time. Enjoy most shooters as well as other random things. Pretty much watch most sports if they're on but biggest into football and baseball.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

11-12-2019, 10:46 PMeddiesnothere Wrote: Code:

5) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

1. As for the SHL, I’ve spend about a year here with Izem Abioye, learning the ins and outs of the league and meeting old friends along the way. On top of that, I frequent discord-based GM sim league to test my management skills.

2. I’d love to stay in contact, but I know we’ve already been in touch. Contact me via discord through @Eddie#4796

3. I’ve already experienced the offensive defenseman role with Abioye, and it was fun, but the party’s over. Borys will be a big, mean, slapshooting bear of a forward, and I aim to be a consistent asset to the team on offense and in the physical aspect of the game.

4. My big goal of making the SMJHL having already been completed, I hope for Borys to get the chance to win the 4-Star, and become a consistent SHL player. As for more personal goals, I hope to play alongside my good friends, or brothers, if you will, and teach them the ways of the SHL so that they can enjoy the experience like I have.

5. When not doing the rounds of the weekly SHL work, I find myself online doing other hockey-related things, interacting with the community, and making friends. I always enjoy finding a point of discussion.

My best pun is also Borys’

"Przychodzi facet do okulisty i mówi:

-Dzień dobry, poproszę okulary.

-Do czego?

-Do widzenia.

-Do widzenia."

A man visits the ophthalmologist.

-Good morning, I'd like to get glasses.

-For what?

-For seeing.

-Goodbye.
(It’s a polish language joke)

-eddiesnothere

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Had a few players over a few leagues

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! Yes.

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL! Goal scorer. For juniors, probably will avoid putting points into checking

Create a player and stay more active. At the least, hit a 1000 tpe with this player

5) Give us your best pun
I'd rather not subject you to that pun-ishment

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
Sometimes I get shitfaced on vodka and talk in the third person in SHL discords, so theres that.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

kinda
only if its communication by memes
the kind that no one wants to do
having fun Wink
5) Give us your best pun
Colorado X Losing in finals
yes

Plenty, been a GM in the J, now CO of WKP.
Yeah, I don't mind. Glyc#3724
Going for a shoot first Point man.
Going to see how this recreate goes, don't have much for expectations so will be fun.
5) Give us your best pun
That's a real Gneiss chunk of metamorphism.
6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! I like hockey and playing with rocks.

none

yes. crutch#1738

franchise level center

hall of fame or bust ya hear?? trying to keep my expectations low but put my head down and grind TPE to be the best player that I can be for whatever team drafts me.

5) Give us your best pun
i can't think of one off the top of my head.

I like to play PUBG, I like all sports. My favorite food is chicken fingers becaues I'm a 5 year old at heart. A lot of people say that I'm a good guy so that has to be worth something right ???

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I don't have much experience with the SHL, but I do have some experience as a GM in some Discord Sim Leagues.

I would love to receive a message from a member of Colorado's front office. My discord name is Chad D#8725

I am looking to build an offensive defensemen.

My goals are to have fun and to play with my brothers, hopefully on one team. I like the site so far, I'm slowly learning how to do things on here, thanks to Eddie of course.

5) Give us your best pun

I'm not very punny so I'm not sure what one to give you.

When I'm not busy working two jobs, I tend to play a little game called Old School Runescape. I have tried to quit the damn game too many times to count over the years, but I find myself coming back to it every time. I work part time at the home of the Calgary Flames, which is the best job I've ever had (mainly because I LOVE hockey and I get paid to watch it, and to make sure the patrons are behaving like they should be.) The concerts also help with liking the job too :D

[Image: alesky.jpg]

None really.
Duff101#7906
Slightly undersized goalie that makes up for it by having great reflexes and glove save ability.
I don't really have any real goals beyond just having a good time tbh, unless you count boring generic ones like "winning."
5) Give us your best pun
This one is a bit of a long one:
In the 1930s, the Italian government was searching for a way to make a form of synthetic coal and oil from certain aromatic herbs, and conducted research into the subject. However, the factory producing the fuels was destroyed in an allied bombing raid in late 1943, and subsequent post-WWII scientists have failed to repeat this result. This mystery baffled scientists for years until they figured out that only Mussolini could make the trains run on thyme.

College student, I mainly enjoy Hokki and CFB. I intern for my College's Hockey team atm so that's a thing. I also for some reason get a thick Canadian accent when I get drunk.

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? I’m very active in NSFL, PBE, EFL and SBA. I’m also in GOHML and trying to get more active there but I am somewhat active in it.

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! Sure it’s 1NOnly#4316

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL! I’m a sniper center/forward so I wanna be a scorer .

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? I wanna lead the league in goals and get my team to the championship. Become a all time legend.

5) Give us your best pun. IDK lol

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! I’m Trey Nets a sniper center. My discord is 1NOnly#4316. I’m currently active in NSFL,PBE,SBA, GOMHL and EFL so I’m a active player. I got into sim leagues a few months ago and haven’t stopped since. I’m 34 with 4 kids so these are my escapes lol. I play the XBox1, usually Battlefield 1or Madden. Gotta redownload a few other games just haven’t yet lol. That’s a little about me. I hope to see my name called in this next draft. 
Feel free to message me on discord or here with any questions.

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? its me, sleepy Smile

2) Would you be interested in receiving a communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly! yes Smile

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL! puck stopper Smile

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far? win, im still here after 2.5 years, so.

5) Give us your best pun When life gives you melons, you're lysdexic

i make beer and like college football Smile geaux tigers

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

This is my third player in the SHL, the first was a HoFer and the second at least held his own. I've also GMed, been on HO, run the bank, and had a bunch of other jobs around here. I also have briefer experience in the GOMHL (this new player is the son of my goalie there) and was a Co-GM when that league got started, but I didn't stick around for very long.

Up to you, happy to chat if you have questions for me @ prettyburn#0468

Just a solid goalie who gets the job done. While I did make a goalie in GOMHL I feel a little bit out of my depth having mostly always been a skater in the past, but I'm trying to do my research as I go.

I'm just here to have fun, really. I've won five Challenge Cups and two 4 Stars at this point, and while cups and awards are nice I'd much rather be on an active team of people I like talking to than win something in a sim engine that likes to behave a bit randomly at times.

5) Give us your best pun
The thing about puns is that they only work when you're not planning them ahead! I'll add one here if I happen across a good one, but in the meantime here's my favorite Mitch Hedberg joke instead:

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said "Dude... you have to wait."

Sports-wise I'm generally only a hockey fan, although I'm happy to socially watch other sports. I've also started rock climbing (at a climbing gym, for now) in this last year which is a ton of fun. I do think of myself as a gamer, but have had very little time for video games lately largely because I play so much tabletop instead - specifically, lots of D&D over the last couple of years. Critical Role is my favorite show out there, and has converted so many of my friends into D&D nerds which is the best thing ever.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Been around for years. Inactive, but around.

Yup MaverickLegend#2614 - Probably not needed thogh

Playmaker

Get to the SHL first.

5) Give us your best pun
I'm not that creative

Inactive anyways so won't matter much. I do like being on the Discord servers though. Did you know I suggested the Krakens name first?

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Code:
I’m in the VHL currently and the EFl

Yessir my discord name is KucherovFan#2316

Defensive Defensemen with an offensive touch

To play with the other Franciszek brothers and create a dynasty

5) Give us your best pun
I have a few jokes about unemployed people, but none of them work

Well I don’t know exactly what to say ,but I have a solid personality. Though I show it more when you talk to me.