Create Account

S51 Carolina Kraken Interested Prospects

Kraken Welcome Interested Prospects! Kraken

[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]

I'm Fuzz, returning General Manager of the Carolina Kraken!

The team has appeared in 3 of the past 4 Four Star Cup Finals, winning last season's championship in 6 games over the Colorado Raptors to defend our title from S49! We are returning 16 starters from last season's lineup and are looking to compete once again! We are looking for the right people to come in and help sustain the team at the top of the standings. Below are some initial questions to get to know you better, but expect a personal message soon from either me or one of the members of our management team!

Quote:1) What is your player name and position?
2) What is your player archetype? For forwards, are you pass first or shoot first?
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)
5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord?
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in discord
7) Are you open to playing out of position if it helps the team? (this does NOT include RW or LW playing on the opposite wing)
8) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?
9) How long do you plan on staying in the juniors? (2-4 seasons)
10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw?

Thank you for your interest in the Kraken!

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

1) What is your player name and position? Velveteen Dream - Center

2) What is your player archetype? For forwards, are you pass first or shoot first? Pass

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? Could probably be my first time. I need tons of help every day to figure out what to do.

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) I can't find anything on the forums. Please help

5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? What is discord? Is that like AOL IM? Hi I'm 18/f/cali please send to receive.

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in discord. I could probably be pretty active if I wanted and my doctor recommends it but I think I'm just too lazy to exercise much.

7) Are you open to playing out of position if it helps the team? (this does NOT include RW or LW playing on the opposite wing). If I'm a terrible center what makes you think I'd be good elsewhere.

8) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? Personal glory all to The Dream.

9) How long do you plan on staying in the juniors? (2-4 seasons). However long NOLA doesn't need me. Flip a coin.

10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw? Michael Strahan is better

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

1) What is your player name and position?
Simothy Drunkebird, C
2) What is your player archetype? For forwards, are you pass first or shoot first?
Pass
3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?
i've been around for a year now
4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) if you can update for me thx
yes
Discord 10/10
7) Are you open to playing out of position if it helps the team? (this does NOT include RW or LW playing on the opposite wing)
sure
8) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?
both tbh
at least 2
yes

Oscar Cordero - F

Offensive Forward, Shoot first

I've had a player since S25, but a few seasons where I was inactive a wee bit.

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)

Yes please

Probably

6/10 on site, 8/10 on discord

Fuck it, I'll play goalie

Good times and a tight knit group. If we are having fun, it should encourage people to not go inactive, likely leading to the 'ship.

Yeah, probably

Who

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Sabo Tage, D.
Offensive D-man to shoot first.
It has not, just about two years now I believe.

All the time.
I wouldn't prefer it, but would do what I have to.
Really depends on your goals this time around. I'd prefer if a team I'm on is competitive but a good locker room is always nice.
2-3
Got none

Morgan Forestier, Center
Playmaker, Pass first.
This is my first time in the SHL.
I really need help.
Yes I use discord.
8-10.
I'd really prefer to play center but i'm not opposed to playing wing.
tight knit group that works together hard to win. Winning a championship is cool and all but I'd way rather do it with an active roster of people buzzin' to win than a group of inactives ya know??
2-3
i like raffi torres better.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Olli Saarinen, Jr, Goalie

Hybrid Goalie

Nope! Just retired player number two - he never reached the heights of my first HoF player, but he was solid all the way through.

N/A

Yep, if I'm not actively on it at any particular point in time I'll get a phone notification if you need to reach me, but I'm on a lot.

6/10 on the site, 8/10 on discord.
Depends on the team to some extent, but if things are interesting I'll always be at least keeping up with Discord if I'm not actively chatting. Aiming to at minimum keep up with all PTs and trainings on the site, but have been less active in discussions there lately.
I do have some IRL craziness coming up, but hoping to stay active throughout.

Not really an option as goalie, but otherwise I would be. My first player switched to C from wing halfway through his career.

Definitely the second, although a close-knit group tends to stick around and therefore lead to a winning team in the long run (see the NEW dynasty in the late 20s/early 30s). I've won multiples of each type of cup, I'm here to have fun.

At least two seasons, but as a goalie probably more likely to be the full four.

I have zero feelings, beyond "oh yeah, that's who I thought that was" when I just googled him...

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Samat Beibitzhanov, Goalie

Butterfly Goalie

First time baybeee

Not really tbh, I've mostly figured it out, it did take a hot minute tho.

Yep, I'm on it a lot when I have nothing better to do.

6.5/10 site 9/10 Discord

Might be a tad difficult all things considered, but I guess?

At the end of the day this shit is all for fun so tight knit group all the way.

Minimum 2 most likely 3 or 4.

Every week he gives out $250,000 of his money for us to win, the man is a saint.

1) What is your player name and position? Trey Nets Center

2) What is your player archetype? For forwards, are you pass first or shoot first? Sniper forward so shoot first 

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player? SHL yes but in many other leagues.

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific) No seems kinda easy to find stuff

5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord? Yes my name is 1NOnly#4316

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in discord? Site 7/10, discord 6-7/10

7) Are you open to playing out of position if it helps the team? (this does NOT include RW or LW playing on the opposite wing) whatever I can do to help

8) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together? A little of both I’d say. I want a active locker room and to win chips.

9) How long do you plan on staying in the juniors? (2-4 seasons) How ever long is needed to help when called up. 2-3 at least.

10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw? Over rated qb who rode the steel curtain to chips. 

Oleg, Goalie
puck stopper
no, am recreate
see answer for 3
yes Sleepy#4618
i'll be around
i dare you to play me out of position lol
i want wins
idk 4 prob cause am goalie
boomer

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Stirling MacTavish - C
Playmaker
Never had an active player
We good
You know it
Nope
Why not both?
Long as I can
Love his hair

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Cal Labovitch - Right wing
Pass first, ask questions later. Playmaking is my thing.
First time ever.
Any pointers on how to get logged in to the forums on my mobile device would be nice.
Yes, I do.
Could be anything between 1 and 10, depending on what we're using as a reference and how fun my team is.
If you're open to me making rookie mistakes.
Good times breed championchips.
About a week or so. Or until some SHL team picks me up.
I don't do handegg.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Adam Scianna, Defense 
Picked Two-Way Defenseman. I would say pass first, maybe and Erik Karlsson who can actually play defense 
1st time participating
A couple things were hard to find at first. the thing i suggested in the other Survey was to add a "update post" template to the beginners guide. once i found that it made it alot easier
Yes discord
8? I should be able to check discord and the site everyday, but shit happens 
I play every position on my Beer League team, does that count? But ya if team needs it the sure
IRL I have played on both teams before and the best memories are with the close-knit group, but winning's good to
As long as thats where i belong, also i have no idea 
I have no idea who Terry Bradshaw is

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

1) Noah Nystrom, Defenseman
2) Two Way defense. Going for a physical, pass first style.
3) First time.
4) All good.
5) LightningDragon#3657
6) 8? I'll be available to be reached and unless it's like 4 in the morning give a quick reply if you PM me on Discord.
7) Sure. Though I don't know how useful I would be not as a defenseman.
8) I'm looking to impress SHL scouts in order to get up there.
9) 2-3 seasons likely.
10) Better than Ben.

Riley Kuse - Center
   Sniper, Shoot first
   Yes
   Not at this moment, I'm still getting used to it but it's not too bad.
   I do have a Discord.
   Yes
   A close-knit group is very important to me but winning a championship is the point of the whole thing. That is the priority.
   At least a few seasons or until I feel ready to move on to the next level.
   He once was a great quarterback....but now he's old.