Create Account

S51 Interested Prospects Thread

Knights Knights Knights

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the Head GM. Just finishing a rebuilding season, we're looking for new players to help us return to the finals & walk away victorious. Below are some questions to help us pick the right ones, feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights?

10. Anything else you would like us to know?

Knights Knights Knights

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the Head GM. Just finishing a rebuilding season, we're looking for new players to help us return to the finals & walk away victorious. Below are some questions to help us pick the right ones, feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) I've been in a few. Here, NSFL, PBE, GOMHL

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? I think fun LRs usually lead to activity and success

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) 2 way playmaker

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)I'm down as long as NOLA doesn't need me. Could be 1 season could be 4. More than likely I'll be down 2-3 but hard to tell.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Won't do media but I have bank already

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I think I can bring sim knowledge and mentorship.

[Image: 12NHL-jp-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&aut...le=upscale]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Video games, married life, being a boring adult.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Don't see why not

10. Anything else you would like us to know?nope

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

11-15-2019, 04:22 PMNJBadApple Wrote: Knights  Knights  Knights

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the Head GM.  Just finishing a rebuilding season, we're looking for new players to help us return to the finals & walk away victorious.  Below are some questions to help us pick the right ones, feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)- No

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?- winning championships
3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)- Alex Ovechkin

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) - as long as I can go . Who cares about duration

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?- have a big interest in graphics

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?- my leadership and personality

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Watching football and a big sports fan
9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights- yes

Knights  Knights  Knights

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) - Never been in a sim league before, brand new to the community!

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? - Close-knit locker rooms lead to championships, so why not have both? Smile

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) - Mitch Marner if I can

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) - Probably 2, but I'm happy staying as long as I need to in order to succeed on a professional level!

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? - Not much of a graphics or media guy, but can do things if I have the time.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? - I'm not necessarily a leader in the locker room, but I bond very well with my teammates, and I like to think I have a fun sense of humor. I'm hoping that my play on the ice is something that Kelowna is looking for.

[Image: EIO8VscWwAUsY66.jpg]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). - Love to play video games, huge political junkie!

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Yes I am. I understand that the situation that Kelowna is in right now is not ideal, but if drafted by the team, I'm hoping that I can help improve the team alongside other hard-working teammates.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Excited for the new season, and thanks for considering me for the team!

[Image: eyebrow_man.png]
[Image: mtndihx.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) Nope

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Close-knit team should help me learn the system, but winning is coll to

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) and Erik Karlsson who can play Defense 

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) As long as that's where i belong, i honestly dont know how to answer this

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Typically thats not my style but i think im going to try and do some write ups

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? A fresh perspective and open ears

This is some Beer League shit right here 

[Image: 6tn6630l60x31.png]
8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I do play Beer League Hockey, but also video/ board games, and i like to make things with my hands, typically our of wood

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Sure

10. Anything else you would like us to know? I Like Turtles

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 05:21 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

Opps accidentally double posted
Can you delete a post? lol

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

1. I've played NHL 19 GM and Be a Pro, and have done some ZenGM Discord manager leagues.

2. I definitely want to win, but I also value a good locker room culture.

3. Two-way physical pass first defensman. I guess Ryan McDonagh is a good comparison?

4. 2-3 probably. Want to get up to the big leagues soon, but also want to make an impact while up there.

5. Definitely will be posting a bit. How much depends on time I have. I got finals next month.

6. I can bring a good defensive presence on the ice and like to thing I'm a nice guy off it.

7. Marchand right after the Game 7 loss. You know the photo.

8. I'm a pilot attending Auburn University to get to the airlines. Also like to follow football and baseball as well.

9. If you guys draft me Sunday I would be happy to play for you.

10. Go Lightning!

. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) Yep, this one and a long time.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? A mix of both is best, with an emphasis on environment.

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Uhhh, Morgan Reilly

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 2-3

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Im not a big graphics guy but do some media.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Dashingly good looks and a can do attitude

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Don't have any downloaded or on hand.

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I like to play with Rocks

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Sure

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Nope
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 05:44 PM by Duff101.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
No.
2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Locker room. At the end of the day fun is what matters.
Probably closest comparison would be Sergei Bobrovski.
4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
Minimum 2 most likely 3.
I have no graphic design skills but I like writing.
Whatever you need.
[Image: DPSABbAWsAEYtKq.jpg]
College football and hockey.
Sure.
Nope.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 05:43 PM by Duff101.)

Accidentally double posted please delete

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
This is my first sim league for sports.  I am a rookie in the truest sense of the word.

I believe both are equally important.  A "well oiled" locker room will lead to championships, however lack of championships can lead to inner turmoil in the locker room.

A top end goalie.  A Curtis Joseph/Binnington cross-bred with Tuukka Rask/Chris Osgood

However long it is necessary for me to develop good enough for the SHL.

I have photoshop & writing experience, but currently no access to my computer (just moved, still in boxes).

TBD.  

[Image: covblues_web.jpg]

Hunting, Golf, RTS Gaming, Firefighting, Family.

The Knights are a veteran team.  Every team is bound to have up & down seasons.  If they believe I can be an asset to the team, why not?  

If I seem slow to catch on to some things, I apologize in advance.  Like I said, completely new to this.  Also, LGB!

I’m currently in PBE, NSFL,SBA and GOMHL

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? A little of both actually. I wanna be in a active/friendly LR that has the same goal. Win championships

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) a shoot first playmaker 

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) As long as needed to be effective when I do go up. Prob 3-4 seasons

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I do media in the others so that’s what I’ll be doing here as well.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? A positive attitude and leadership 

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Besides watching some Pred games live I haven’t been into hockey much honestly.

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Kids,Kids and kids. Nah I have 4 kids so stay busy with them. I game on my XBox1. Usually Madden or Battlefield 1 mostly. I coach my two youngest baseball teams also.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? I’d love to play for you guys. Honestly I’ll be happy to be picked lol.

I hope to be drafted early but will be fine wherever I go. Whoever picks me will be getting a team player. While prob not a max earned I will stay active and towards the top end in tpe I say.

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) Yup. SBA

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Both.

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Playmaker

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) Long as I can

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Zero

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Random intervals of conversation

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Knights

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Work?

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Of course

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Still inactive.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 08:07 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

SHL since S25, VHL for like five minutes, Soccer league for a season, SCOR for however long the initial attempt went.

Close-knit locker room. You have a good group of people, they'll likely stay active and help lead the team to a ship anyways

Goalscorer, Mantha

2-3 seasons, depends on where I get drafted in the SHL

Will try to put out some media here and there. Graphics if I feel like hating myself for an hour or so

Cynicism and life struggles

Engineering, Ska/punk/metal/rock, Xcom/Rimworld/Arma

Of course

nope

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

----Player in the NSFL. Player/GM in the PBE. Both for 3-5 seasons now, so quite a while now.
----Normally close-knit LR, but hard to say without knowing if I plan to stick around.
----Can't name a single NHL player who plays defense. Just building a pure defender.
----Ultimately depends on the teams I end up on.
----Probably zero.
----Honestly not sure if I'll be active in the LR. I tend to stick to the PBE discords.
----N/A
----D&D (the discord status and the rpg), Football and Baseball. Also huge fan of sports games such as Madden and 2K.
----I have no preference.
----There's no guarantee I stay active. Want every team to know that going in.