Create Account

S51 Interested Prospects Thread

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
None
2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Winning is the ultimate group but it's no fun if you don't like the guys you're play with, right?
3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)
A leader with a little bit of style and a killer slapshot.
4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
A couple seasons just to get comfortable with the game and hopefully move up to the SHL.
5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?
Not a ton.
6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?
Humor and confidence.
7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!
Right now it's my profile picture.
8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Watching movies and football. I love music too.
9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights?
Absolutely
10. Anything else you would like us to know?
Nah
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 03:09 PM by kenvald.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
None

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
While a shiny trophy is always nice, I'm going with building a close-knit locker room.

Seth Jones

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
I'm planning to stay for at least 2 seasons and then reevaluate. Would have no problem staying longer if it'd help the team and myself develop.

I'm not a graphics person but I'm hoping to get some articles out there after I get more comfortable with the site and league.

A reliable and motivated presence.

[Image: ffq15mde2es01.png]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Some of them are software development, PC gaming(with some PS4 on the side), fantasy football.

You'll find me, like many others, posting in every teams' prospect thread. This is mostly to gain TPE and become a better player.
But some teams do stand out from the rest, and Kelowna Knights is one of them because of your fun extra player motivators(team awards and "ring of honor").
EDIT: And you're the only team that's reached out with a welcome message. That's always appreciated!

I'll probably be lurking more at first, but I get comfortable quickly and will start participating more and more.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 01:31 AM by notoriousTRON.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) I've done OOTP leagues. This is my first player focused Sim

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Lets lift that cup baby!

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Ryan O'Reilly but as a winger obviously

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) Depends on the locker room and the success on the ice. I'm not leaving behind a chance to win a title.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? Not a ton of experience but willing to try.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I like to think I'm pretty witty

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! [Image: cut.jpg]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I'm super into fantasy sports. I like to BBQ and I make my own hard cider.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? I'm open to playing for any team that will have me. Let's go win a 'ship!

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Not really, I'm just excited to start my career

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 03:43 AM by JMacNCheese.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
This is my first time doing a sim.
The close-knit group that has a good time, mainly because once you acquire that the winning will come naturally.
I am a Right Wing 2-Way Forward. But I hope to find my McDavid lol and score!
I would like to get to the main stage, so hopefully a year in the J will do it!
Not much in either. Dabbled in PS a little bit but nothing to write home about.
I hope to bring energy to the locker-room/team!
[Image: 944385879.jpg]
Play video games, as well as watch other sports like Football, EPL, some Baseball and Tennis.
Yes I am very interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights! Would loved to be knighted with my fellow mates in hoisting the Holy Grail (Four Star Cup)!
I am 28, love to attend/watch hockey games (Go Bolts!) of course and I work plus go to college.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
no
one comes with the other. locker room really important
sidney crosby
2-3 seasons
a fair amount
good times and funny jokes
the one where dave backes crashes into the boards and comes into the camera
playing PUBG
yes
no

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Nope.

Fun times breed championchips.

Playmaker type

2-4 seasons, I guess

Zero.

Post game beers?

Ill try to find one when Im not on a mobile device.

Running.

If you are any fun, yes.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

yes, SHL and VHL for a year now
the later
defensive center
3-4
not much, i make enough money with updating
im cool
why did in do this on mobile
right now i'm playing through Pokemon Sword and it's fun
i'm interested in playing
say hi to Shiny for me

Yes

You <3

Kucherov on cocaine... so Kucherov

minimum 9 seasons

Give me bonus money for nothing so I don't have to.

Myself?

I can't, I don't have your minor league photos.

Yes lots

Yup
Nope

I have not.

If I have to pick, I'll take the close-knit locker room. Ideally, though, with the bonds comes the winning and the winning is good.

Brayden Point.

3 seasons is kind of my first thought. I'm not opposed to moving up early or late depending on development.

I might do some media. I've looked at some of it, and it's pretty cool. I want to be around for a little bit before I do anything though, since off-the-cuff isn't my strong suit.

I'll go with enthusiasm and diplomacy skills. In other teams and in my friend group, I'm frequently the one listen to people and help sort problems.

[Image: 3TkBotm.png]

I am an engineering student, so that takes up most of my time. I play a lot of GTA, and I'm currently enjoying college football season.

I'm not opposed to any teams. If chosen, I'll be happy to be in Kelowna.

No burning confessions, no.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

A- No this is my first time playing

A- Close-knit locker room. Having teammates that support each other on and off the ice typically leads to success but it makes it more fun and rewarding.

A- John Tavares

A- 2+ years

A- Not much honestly. My focus is going to be learning the ins and outs of this league.

A- calm support for teammates

[Image: AO6JJE226YODNGGXNMWKCILXEA.jpg]

A- Gaming

A- I'd love to play for the Kelowna Knights. I'm looking for a place to grow and learn. So if you'll have me that'd be great.

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) yes

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? i want to win

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) stop puck

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 42

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? i do both

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? memes

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). beer

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? sure

10. Anything else you would like us to know? no

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

SHL for ... a long time (5 years? Two players), GOMHL very briefly.

Locker room for sure. A close-knit team leads to ongoing success anyway, but also I've won multiple cups in both leagues and while I'd love more I'm not in desperate need of hardware. I just want to enjoy my time on the site.

It's so hard to name a goalie that stays 100% solid from season to season, so draw a name out of a hat... As Bruins fan I'll say Rask, especially since I've made a Finnish player this time around.

Probably 3-4 seasons, I'm not going in with a strong opinion but given that I'm a goalie I'm assuming that I'll have more fun and be more useful staying down then being up for the longer term.

I go through periods where I fall back into regular sig making, and I like graphics for PTs because I find them more interesting than a lot of written, but I don't write that much media lately. I have a solid bank account for the time being, so I don't need it - I do like to be able to afford equipment each season for sure, so I'll try and maintain my standards of living as needed.

I'm a pretty solid SHL mentor given how long I've been around here, and I think I'm pretty well liked / respected and tend to get along with most folks. So hopefully a stable, helpful presence.

There was a really cool old-timey looking photo of Tuukka taken last spring (I want to say during the Columbus series) by some photographer that was very focused on shadows and marks on the ice, but I cannot find it. If I do, I'll edit it in here.

Dungeons and Dragons (and Critical Role, aka watching people play Dungeons and Dragons).

Sure! I'm pretty open to any team at the moment.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

I'm active (first season) in PBE and (first season) GOMHL

I think you need a close-knit group to win championships. A group of individuals don't make a team, and an individual doesn't win a SHL championship

I don't have a solid comparison.  Just looking for a solid two-way defender

As long as my team needs me to

Weekly or every other week

Questions that lead to experience.  

I don't really have a favorite Tumble

I’m active duty Coast Guard so in the free time I do have, I do a little bit of everything. I play video games, I go to baseball games, I play floor hockey, I paint tabletop role playing game and board game miniatures as a side hustle. My girlfriend taught me how to crochet, which sounds kinda different for a guy, but it’s pretty entertaining and stupid easy.

Sure!

Nope!

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) A lot for a long time, 10 real life years

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? locker room

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Corey Perry but like good Corey Perry not washed up Corey Perry

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) Forever

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I don't know yet, I do not do graphics

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? A fun person to chit chat with

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! seriously right now you want me to do img tags and link an image this is sick and I have 2 just so you know

[Image: d5Lx06H15FPf5z56m72EhocimopZUBVlKdvWAZl7...ecdee7b406]
[Image: G4XyagL.jpg]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). uh I guess I do stuff idk

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Sure I don't really care where I go

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Ok 10 questions for half a tpe with so many goofball ones is just egregious and should be looked at. IP threads should be 3-5 questions max.

Need a sig :-/

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) I have been in the SHL for 3 years but haven’t joined other leagues.

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? They are both very important, but there’s no fun without a close locker room!

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) A good two way defenseman, who is able to score points. PK Subban would be an NHL comparable!

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) At least 3 seasons.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I enjoy writing media. I haven’t tried making graphics but I might become open to it.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Some interesting travel stories!

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! Can I get back to you on this? Sorry!

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I enjoy music, travelling, spending time with friends, watching Netflix.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? I am!

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Nothing that I can think of!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn