Create Account

Detroit Falcons S51 Interested Prospects

Yo!

I'm Nour, Co-GM of the Detroit Falcons. After a disappointing exit in the most recent SMJHL Playoffs, we’re looking to gear up for a retool and a revitalization of our franchise through a dedication to the new blood we bring into the team! We want to go into this season with a strong emphasis on improving the room and finding exciting new players to earn the many spots we have available on the roster. Hopefully with you on the team we’ll get back to chasing a title as soon as possible!

So! To reach our goals for the Detroit Falcons future, we want to know you a little better before Draft Day arrives! Below are some questions for you to answer that’ll help us get a feel if you’d be a good fit here! If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my Head-GM, @notorioustig

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? [/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Thanks for answering and all the best in the S51 SMJHL Draft!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Do you have any previous sim league experience? A little bit

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] Way too much

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? xbox, dill pickle chips, Penguins.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? Depends how fast NOLA needs me up.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? I do

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Not really, no offense. Old rivalries die hard.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? nope

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? Jigglypuff

Share your best joke or meme My old players career

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yarp

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] a good chunk

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? I like to play with rocks, and then I play some games. Canucks are my Team

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
2-3

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
Yep and yep
Do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
I don't see why not, I'm happy to play for anyone!
Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
Not in particular
Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?
I have Notendo
Share your best joke or meme
[Image: 2lbikpjlwuy31.jpg]

Do you have any previous sim league experience?

If EA NHL games count then that I guess.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]

I'll be on Discord at least once a day.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?

Student at Auburn University studying to become an airline pilot. Big fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

2-3 is what I am looking at. I definitely want to go to the SHL, but also want to make an impact when I get there.

LightningDragon#3657

If drafted by you guys, I'd be happy to play for you.

I'm a physical two way defenseman who will be pass first.

Bowser, nicknamed SHREK, for the sole purpose of committing homicide suicide by grabbing you and jumping off the edge.

See above

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Nope

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis? should be able to be active everyday

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
I work in construction, play Beer League hockey and video games. Favorite team is San Jose

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? As long as this is where i belong, its my first season so im not entirely sure 
Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? Yep use discord

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Sure

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? not really, mostly just trying to learn how this whole thing works

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? Marth is guess, dont play much but smash that Down B for the salt

What did the Farmer say to the Cow on his roof?

Get Down

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Nope.
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Hour or 2 a day
College student, I like college football and college hockey. I am a Wings fan, trust the Yzerplan.
2 minimum, 3 most likely.
Yes.
Sure.
Nope.
Bowser.
[Image: image0.jpg]

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yup

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] Always on, never do anything.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Working

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? As long as I can

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? MaverickLegend#2614

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Yup

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? Still inactive over here

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? Nope

Share your best joke or meme My draft stock

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

----Player in NSFL. GM/Player in the PBE.
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
----For the website just getting TPE and updating. Even in the PBE I don't really frequent the website outside of doing my GM duties.
----Currently a student so mostly studying, though I enjoy sports games such as Madden. Not a huge hockey fan, but if I had to pick one it would be the Predators since I'm from Nashville.
----I'll leave it up to whichever teams I end up on.
----On it every day. #AlexFaux9473
----I have zero preference.
----Like I said not a huge hockey fan, and honestly not a fan at all so it remains to be seen if this sim league will be able to hold my interest.
----Never played
----Myles Garrett

No previous experience.
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Probably in the 5-10 hour range.
I watch a lot of movies and other random things. Anything kettle cooked is perfection. The Blue Jackets are my team but I also cheer for the Jets and sometimes the Canucks!
I see myself playing in the juniors for at least 2-3 years but if I feel like I need more experience for the SHL, I would prefer to have the option to pace myself.
I do. BuckeyeKeese#0820
Of course. Detroit deserves successful sports and I would love to contribute to that.
I'm open to adaptation and really anything to win as many games as possible.
Not really a Smash guy but if we're talking Mario Kart, it has to be Bowser all day long!
Q: Why do seagulls live by the sea?
A: Because if they lived by the bay.....they would be called baygulls!
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 12:39 AM by kenvald.)

Nope.

5+ hours.

Except working I'm putting bunch of hours into fantasy football and hockey.
I always keep coming back to Rocket League.
Sour cream and onion.
The Blue Jackets!

My plan right now is to stay at least 2 seasons to develop and then go from there.

I do. Kenvald#2078

With such a motivated GM like Nour, most definitely.

I'm hoping to become a reliable possession player that helps disarm opponents while creating and joining breakout opportunities.

N/A

A blind man walks into a bar. And a table. And a chair.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

I have done a couple of OOTP leagues but never anything where I've focused on an individual player

One to three hours per week

work and fantasy sports. CK2 and OOTP. Salt & Vinegar. Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues

It honestly depends on the locker room, the speed of my development, and the success of the team. If I'm having fun in juniors, I won't want to rush my jump to the SHL

Yep! notoriousTRON#6274

Falcons seem pretty cool. I like that your team has had success recently.

Not that I can think of

Link

I'm a Mizzou football fan... Biggest joke of them all.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

This is my first time doing a sim.
Probably anywhere from 1-6+ hrs (in college and work but can find time).
Favorite NHL team is the Tampa Bay Lightning, I tried to go to as many games as I can (and wallet can allow) and watch just about every game, as well as more games that air on TV. I work and go to college so that takes up a good chunk of the day. Besides the personal life, work, school and watching hockey (other sports too), I play video games.
I hope to only spend a year in the J!
I use Discord almost everyday, name is NinjaS#8530. For a variety of things like video games, talking with friends or my DnD group.
I would love to be a Falcon! Would love to soar to the cup with some great guys!
Just trying to find my McDavid so we can make magic happen!
In Ultimate I used only Link really to beat the story mode but that's about it. Liked Marth in Melee.

Have you heard about the new pirate movie?

It’s rated AARRRRGH because of all the booty!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

no
a fair amount
i play PUBG a lot and do homework. I love the canucks
2-3 realistically .
Yes, yes.
yes
no
cloud
how much time i spend on the shl

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

No

About on hour a day

Reffing hockey, work, tabletop games, running, food. 

2-4 seems ok. Idk, I guess we will see how it turns out. 

Yeah, I do. MutedFaith#2549 

If youre any fun, yes. 

Nkt rwally. 

My whatwhatwho? 

You. You are the best joke.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Lots of SHL (two players, one HoF, SHL GM, HO, Head Banker, Mentor, lots of other jobs), tiny bit of GOMHL

Enough! I'm on discord all the time, and I keep up with the forums enough for PTs and ACs and the like.

Favorite team is the Bruins, don't hate me for it. I'm a huge D&D fan (started by falling in love with Critical Role a few years back, now in multiple games and running one). Mmmmm, chips - good basic corn chips and salsa are fucking delicious, but I'm also a sucker for cheetos.

I'm not going in with a specific plan, happy to end up wherever I'm needed between the two leagues. Given that I'm a goalie, I'm assuming that means I'll stay down closer to 4 than one, but will have that conversation with my GMs when we get there.

All the time

Sure, I have no specific preference going into the draft

I have some upcoming IRL stuff that could effect my activity in a season or so, but hopefully won't be an issue - just a slight possibility.

n/a

My favorite Mitch Hedberg joke:

I saw a wino eating grapes. I said "Dude... you have to wait."

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]