Create Account

S51 Graphic Tournament: Rivalry Night in the SHL

New administration, new tournament, and new layout! It’s the season of giving, and the graphics department is here for you.

To celebrate our new graphic administration and new grading category, “Art”, the graphics department will be hosting a tournament.

Marketing a single game experience is relevant at all levels. Whether it’s one of hotdog’s Sunday prime time games, Bettman’s winter classics, or a game 7 in any league: a head-to-head promotional poster always helps to sell the excitement.

Our challenge to you: make a graphic for an upcoming rivalry game. You choose the teams (SHL or SMJHL) and how to promote them graphically. Which players will be featured? Is it at an exclusive venue? Is baby Yoda doing the puck drop? Will there be alternate jerseys?

For this tournament, we will offer prizes to both professional and amateur submissions!
If none of your previous signature submissions have been graded as a 5/5 (or 10/10) or if you have a lifetime graphics earnings lower than $10M, you will be eligible to compete against peers of a similar skill level. When submitting your entry, please announce yourself as an amateur, and our team will do a background check to make sure that everyone is playing fair.

Submission Requirements:
-Feature at least two (2) players, representing opposing teams with appropriate league branding.
-PM to myself (@Carpy48) or to @Julio Tokolosh with the subject “Rivalry Night”. In the body of the PM, please inform us if you intend to enter into the amateur portion of the contest, or post as a reply to this thread with your amateur declaration.
-Any text and graphic elements to explain the matchup are not required but are encouraged if they help sell the image.

Judging Format:
-Submissions will be ranked by a panel of judges, including a public poll.

Prizes:
-Professional Winner: $6M
-Professional Runner-Up: $4M
-Amateur Winner: $4M
-Amateur Runner-Up: $2M

Submissions will be open until Sunday, Dec. 29th, 8PM EST, at which point the judging will begin.

Good luck to all, particularly, our new tiering format. If it goes wrong, I blame Julio. Tongue

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

To clarify, the images to be submitted are to be PM'd to one of you, not posted here, correct?

12-19-2019, 10:24 AMGeekusoid Wrote: To clarify, the images to be submitted are to be PM'd to one of you, not posted here, correct?
You can post it here, but only if you PM it to one of us as well. Only posting here doesn't count as an official submission.

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

very cool idea!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Bump!

Stars Lions Berserkers

Bumping this again!

Stars Lions Berserkers

This looks like something I might be interested but I'm spending most of my time before deadline away from home (and PC).

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

12-28-2019, 06:58 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote: This looks like something I might be interested but I'm spending most of my time before deadline away from home (and PC).

We might extend it.

Stars Lions Berserkers

12-28-2019, 07:27 AMI’m Carpy48 Wrote:
12-28-2019, 06:58 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote: This looks like something I might be interested but I'm spending most of my time before deadline away from home (and PC).

We might extend it.

If we could extend to at least Monday, I would be able to contribute a submission. With family for the weekend and not near a computer

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Due to feedback from contributing members, we will be extending the submission deadline one week (until January 5th, 2020).

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

I MADE IT.............oh, time extension.............time to improve, then

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

12-29-2019, 07:50 PMJulio Tokolosh Wrote: Due to feedback from contributing members, we will be extending the submission deadline one week (until January 5th, 2020).

Thank you for the extension!  Towel

Thanks for the extension. submitted.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Submitted! Thanks again for the extension.

Bump once more.

Deadline is Sunday, Jan 5th, 8PM EST!

Stars Lions Berserkers