Create Account

S51 WFT #4 - Make The Case
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 11:59 AM by hotdog.)

[Image: aaron-judge-9.jpg?quality=80&strip=all]
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

That's right folks, it's time for another edition of Make the Case, where you argue about a thing or some stuff. 

Task: Choose 1 or more of the topics below. Begin your task with the word 'For' or 'Against' and then make the case for what ever side you chose! If you see somebody spouting off some BS in their response, respond to their response with 'BS!' and counter them!

Every user who responds with a 'For', 'Against' or 'BS!' that meets the 25+ word criterion will receive 1 capped TPE; 10 or so people will be chosen as Participation+ members and will receive an additional uncapped TPE for demonstrating active argumentative fervor!

Deadline: 10pm ET on Sunday, December 22nd
Code:
The S51 Challenge Cup finals will be New Orleans vs. Hamilton

Code:
The S51 Four Star Cup finals will be Carolina vs. Anchorage

Code:
I PUT THIS ONE IN EVERY SEASON BUT IT'S FINALLY NOT A JOKE - CAMERON CARTER II WILL WIN THE DAR AWARD

Code:
Nicholas Williams is the rightful MVP of S51

Code:
The two best teams in the league are both from the Western Conference

Code:
Daniel Bischoff will win the SMJHL MVP award

Code:
Sour skittles are better than regular skittles

Code:
The West Kendall Platoon are having the luckiest season in recent memory

Code:
San Francisco and New England are currently first and second in the league in powerplay % yet are the two most disappointing teams this season - this proves that having a good powerplay is actually,,,,,, BAD

Code:
Two Tucks will win individual awards for the Blizzard this season

Code:
Three recent retirees - Dani Forsberg, Tigole Bitties, and Teddy Cuddles - will all make the Hall of Fame

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:
The S51 Challenge Cup finals will be New Orleans vs. Hamilton

Against.

The SHL champions are from Calgary... a battle tested team with a roster that TPE wise is better then last season. The playoffs are a different beast and while Nola and Edmonton are killing the regular season, all roads towards the finals must go through the Dragons.

Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 07:48 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
Three recent retirees - Dani Forsberg, Tigole Bitties, and Teddy Cuddles - will all make the Hall of Fame

Yeah I think so. These 3 players on the ice we’re the faces of there franchises, and these 3 players off the ice were some of the biggest and best names on the site. Some could be 1st ballot entries, some could need a few tries to get in but I’m confident we’ll see all 3 in the hall at some point.

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 12:18 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
The two best teams in the league are both from the Western Conference

See that Mr Hotdog is sneaky! I know he was implying that Nola and Edmonton were the 2 teams in the west to consider. But remember, this site is saturated with the Calgary colours and league banner. The Dragons are the champs and until someone takes that title away from us we are the team to beat in either division.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:The S51 Four Star Cup finals will be Carolina vs. Anchorage

FOR. It's not a conversation at this point. We haven't established the meta being a 425 goalie officially, but I'm confident saying that you cannot win a Four Star Cup now without a 425 goalie. This year that means only three teams: Carolina, Anchorage, and Lethbridge, have a serious shot. Of those, I think Carolina and Anchorage have the most complete teams, and will meet in the finals. I don't think anyone else has even a meme's shot, and it makes me really sad.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Against

Code:

Mike Izzy are you OK? Did you get hit in the head, or maybe just enjoying a little much of that legal Canadian stuff?

SMH my head sir. I don't know how you can do blatantly leave out the team who is going to win it all, the Halifax Raiders. What, you think the squid are going to threepeat? Not on my watch.

Now if we want to break shit down u could go over the last 2 years where Carolina was not 1 or 2 and won it all. I could point out the recent trends and that Anchorage has probably cooled off a bit because they burst out of the gates this season. I could point out that Simon T is a fickle bitch, but I'm not going to do that. No, you want us to freak out and lose it, well NOT TODAY BUDDY BOY, NOT TODAY.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

What a laughable proposition for a PT. You could’ve made this a 200 word requirement and I still would’ve given you more than enough characters. Anchorage won’t be there because they’re Anchorage and Carolina’s run has to end at some point. They just added a stud forward and SimonT has shown year after year to hate teams that add at the deadline. See you in the finals, St. Louis

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 12:42 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
I PUT THIS ONE IN EVERY SEASON BUT IT'S FINALLY NOT A JOKE - CAMERON CARTER II WILL WIN THE DAR AWARD.

I don’t know if he wins it but this is the year he should be in the running for a nomination. After 5 straight Jeff Dar noms and 8 out of the last 10.. Mike Izzy won’t be a nominee.. 3 fresh new faces should vye for the award and CC2 projects as a 48 point, 220 hit player which are very big numbers. His +- is nice and has more then 10 blocks. The only big issue I see is he has just 13 minutes of penalty kill time. That’s a tough sell for a 2 way player... tbh I have no idea why chicago is leaving a forward with 99 defense off the penalty kill. Are they that talented where they can afford to do that?? That’s a bit insane if you ask me. He should be over 100 PKM. But that’s not on him, that’s on chi town management... he’s been great with what the teams asked of him.

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 12:39 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

12-20-2019, 12:20 AMCementHands Wrote: Against

Code:

Mike Izzy are you OK? Did you get hit in the head, or maybe just enjoying a little much of that legal Canadian stuff?

SMH my head sir. I don't know how you can do blatantly leave out the team who is going to win it all, the Halifax Raiders. What, you think the squid are going to threepeat? Not on my watch.

Now if we want to break shit down u could go over the last 2 years where Carolina was not 1 or 2 and won it all. I could point out the recent trends and that Anchorage has probably cooled off a bit because they burst out of the gates this season. I could point out that Simon T is a fickle bitch, but I'm not going to do that. No, you want us to freak out and lose it, well NOT TODAY BUDDY BOY, NOT TODAY.

BS!

I haven’t been in the SMJHL since S36!  I’m glad I can name all 10 junior teams! But I have taken allot of hits to the head... and do enjoy a cold beverage  Cheers

Ps: I will root for whom ever your rooting for, go halifax!

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:The West Kendall Platoon are having the luckiest season in recent memory

FOR.

I don't think they'd even dispute it. Not that they're going to complain either, and who would? They lead their division in spite of horrible goal metrics showing they either win em close or get blown out. They're an okay team, but a 2 seed, they are not.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

12-20-2019, 12:48 AMJayWhy Wrote:
Quote:The West Kendall Platoon are having the luckiest season in recent memory

FOR.

I don't think they'd even dispute it. Not that they're going to complain either, and who would? They lead their division in spite of horrible goal metrics showing they either win em close or get blown out. They're an okay team, but a 2 seed, they are not.

I'd like to make an AGAINST against a point in your case: West Kendall's management might be complaining because their beautiful tank is getting all smudged and smeared with hard work and grit. Tongue

But yeah West Kendall is having a really lucky season, its not even Beaujeaux Biscuit carrying the team, hes having a good year, but not a Leitner or Blue on the good crack cocaine type year. Petr Mikulak's having a career season where hes becoming known for more than just his highly-acclaimed shitpost game, and the team is somehow surviving being a MINUS ACROSS THE BOARD in PLUS MINUS FOR EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM (WHAT). Really weird season in the East.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Code:

Against

Sour skittles are awful, the saying is taste the rainbow not taste the battery acid and have your mouth react as though you licked the core reactor at Chernobyl.

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

No, skittles are the worst. Why would you eat sour skittles when you can eat Sour Patch Kids? And why would you eat skittles when you could eat M&Ms? I'd rather eat Sour Patch Kids and M&Ms at the same time before I eat sour skittles. Skittles doesn't even sound like a word anymore.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Against: Here in the UK it isn't the same as they have them in the US. As a result they're actually not that sour and the flavours are not as good and sour. If this was US sour skittles where they have the citric acid coating on the outside then it would be a completely different answer... However Wild Berry is the best Skittles.

Nicholas Williams is the rightful MVP of S51

For: Williams has always been an amazing player, and this season he has taken another step in proving he is now one of the best in the SHL.