Create Account

S51 WFT #4 - Make The Case

Code:
San Francisco and New England are currently first and second in the league in powerplay % yet are the two most disappointing teams this season - this proves that having a good powerplay is actually,,,,,, BAD

FOR: this is the cold hard truth, we all already know simon T is a cruel mistress that makes no sense and is broken. this is just another clear sign of it's stupidity

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 04:50 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:
I PUT THIS ONE IN EVERY SEASON BUT IT'S FINALLY NOT A JOKE - CAMERON CARTER II WILL WIN THE DAR AWARD

STRONGLY FOR. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN FINALLY NOT A JOKE? CC2 IS THE GREATEST PLAYER TO EVER GRACE THIS LEAGUE AND WE ARE FINALLY WITNESSING HIS TRUE POTENTIAL ON THE ICE, AND HE IS PUTTING UP HISTORIC AND UNPARALLELED HITTING NUMBERS, WHILE ALSO BEING ON NEAR POINT PER GAME PACE. THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING THE GOAT FROM TAKING HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE ATOP THE DAR THRONE, THIS IS THE SEASON OF THE JODAN.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Sour skittles are better than regular skittles[

This is a downright lie and there are so many reasons why.

1. Sour skittles get stuck to the inside of the bag because of the coating they put on them to make them sour. It causes them to not only stick inside and make them hard to get out, but it also means your fingers and literally everything they get near will also be coated in stick. It sucks and I hate it.

2. Sour skittles are made with real citric acid (I think) which burns up your mouth as you eat them. It's not like other candy where it is sour but doesn't hurt, that shit is comparable to warheads.

3. They lack the all familiar crunch of a regular skittle. The big selling point of a skittle is that it's brittle with a soft inside. Sour skittles are just doughy, and mushy, and gross. There is nothing pleasant about their texture, or their acidity.

4. You forgot you opened them because you were eating them and then burnt your mouth with their crazy ass sour acidity and now they're half empty in a bag in your room, but you won't eat them again because you forgot to close them and now they're rock hard, and they bite back.

I fucking hate sour skittles.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Code:
Three recent retirees - Dani Forsberg, Tigole Bitties, and Teddy Cuddles - will all make the Hall of Fame

For: two of the tree retirees I have played with and enjoyed being on the team with. I know they had great careers and they are great people, so even if they will not make the hall of fame, I would still hope they would! So lets hope Forsberg and Bitties can make it. Cuddles I don't really know but who doesn't love a good cuddle, so lets induct them already

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

San Francisco and New England are currently first and second in the league in powerplay % yet are the two most disappointing teams this season - this proves that having a good powerplay is actually,,,,,, BAD

FOR

I think this is a sneaky thing. One might think that good powerplays mean good teams, but in general powerplay captains are not great at even strength. Think of guys like Kevin Shattenkirk in the NHL, hes a great powerplay guy but utterly pedestrian at 5 on 5. In the end, if you build around a good powerplay, you likely wont have the best even strength team

Quote:The S51 Challenge Cup finals will be New Orleans vs. Hamilton

Against, and for a few good reasons. First of all, the Edmonton Blizzard have just a good a chance of emerging from the West than the Specters do, and you can't count out Calgary based on recent history. As for the East, Hamilton has found a way to sit atop but every team will be gunning for them HARD after the offseason drama. I wouldn't even give them a 50% chance to make it past the Eastern Finals right now based on this.

Code:
The S51 Challenge Cup finals will be New Orleans vs. Hamilton

Against: Mad props to what Nic Williams and those guys on the Specters have going on this season, but let's not forget about the Blizzard here folks. I mean, we're the reigning league champions. We currently have a 7 game winning streak going on. This is going to be another Edmonton season, folks.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 08:21 AM by SpartanGibbles.)

Code:
The two best teams in the league are both from the Western Conference

For.
I think the standings speak for themselves in this one. NOLA and EDM both clinched a playoff spot with at least 10 games left in the season. Hamilton does have a 9 point lead on the rest of the east but the 3rd place team is at least 17 points behind second and 19 behind 1st. The have been dominant this season without a shadow of a doubt.

Code:
Sour skittles are better than regular skittles

Against.
This is just simply false. Regular skittles are the superior candy. While the gap is nowhere near as far as it used to be with the removal of lime from regular skittles; they are still a better option. They have better flavors offered and the main appeal of sour skittles either hurts your mouth or goes away to fast rendering them no longer sour.

Code:

Against.
I don't think this is even close to proof that having a good powerplay is bad. The real issue both teams are facing is the lack of goal scoring support in 5v5 play along with both being in the bottom 4 for goals against. Having a good powerplay can't save a team that is not performing in other aspects. I think this can further be supported by the fact that of the bottom 5 teams in powerplay%, 4 are currently not in playoff spots.

Code:
The West Kendall Platoon are having the luckiest season in recent memory

Against.
I think that crown goes to the S50 Toronto squad. Despite having barely any actives on their team they defied all expectations and not only made the playoffs but made it past the first round. Most people had them possibly being the worst team in the league but they had 2 of the top scoring forwards and an amazing ROTY performance that is not being repeated this season.

Code:

Against.
While I think this is the most likely match-up we will see based on the current standings, a combination of Simon's cruelty and a few powerful opponents in each conference will make it hard to say the finals will definitively be these two teams. I think EDM or CAL could upset NOLA in the West and anyone of the Syndicate, Stampede, or Platoon could knock off Hamilton.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

This is pretty straight forward. Regular skittles only have their default flavor. Sour skittles have two. They have the sour flavor, but if you let them sit in your mouth eventually that will go away, and you will get the default flavor as well. With that being said, sour skittles are superior because they are two flavors wrapped into one.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Easy for on the skittles argument. Like is this even suppose to be a close argument? Regular skittles are just sugar where sour skittles at least add a bit of maleic acid to help out a bit
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 09:37 AM by bluesfan55.)

12-20-2019, 12:09 AMMike Izzy Wrote:
Code:

Against.

The SHL champions are from Calgary... a battle tested team with a roster that TPE wise is better then last season. The playoffs are a different beast and while Nola and Edmonton are killing the regular season, all roads towards the finals must go through the Dragons.

Dragonite
Against. The Dragons may be the reigning champions, but New Orleans have all the tools to go past the Dragons. Kata Vilde has looked much more pedestrian this season, and a high powered New Orleans offense could easily blow by her if she continues to struggle.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

12-20-2019, 09:12 AMgolden_apricot Wrote: Easy for on the skittles argument. Like is this even suppose to be a close argument? Regular skittles are just sugar where sour skittles at least add a bit of maleic acid to help out a bit
For. Sour skittles are just better. They’re more flavorful, and while less of a smoother taste, everyone deserves to have some sour skittles in their lives. Just too good.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Against - The S51 Challenge Cup finals will be New Orleans vs. Hamilton. Simon T does not reward the best team in the regular season during the playoffs very often. Once again Simon T will not allow it to happen, and the west will be represented by someone other than New Orleans.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

AGAINST- Your taste buds are being burned completely by the sour skittles, it sends messages to the brain that something possibly harmful is occurring in your mouth. Regular skittles are delightful and emit a smooth sugary rush to the senses that don’t leave your taste buds with permanent damage.

The two best teams in the league are both from the Western Conference
FOR- By far the best team in the western conference is the Calgary Dragons, really when you consider their accomplishments you can’t deny they are the single best team in the Western Conference, with that said who cares about the second best team which for sure is in the Western Conference.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Code:
against. the blizzard are now tied with new orleans. both these teams have potential to crack the finals. also never count out the dragons. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the finals again either. out east it's an absolute bloodbath so it's anyone's guess who reaches the final out that way.

Code:
against. tropical bitches.

Code:
against. much like the luck in west kendall these two teams are experiencing the flip side of that. they're incredibly unlucky. also they struggle to keep the puck out of their net. gotta score more goals than the other team!

Code:
Three recent retirees - Dani Forsberg, Tigole Bitties, and Teddy Cuddles - will all make the Hall of Fame
against. while I love me some tigole bitties the position swap halfway through his career makes it difficult to place him in the hall. forsberg is a lock. cuddles will get in eventually, but I doubt he's a first ballot guy.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride