Create Account

Hissing in the grass
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 05:29 PM by jRuutu.)

Let's talk a little bit about what is going on in Minnesota. The new general manager was selected, SpartanGibbless is taking over. Normally I would not have an opinion to one way or the other, nice that new GM is there, new beginning, etc, but I have been following this case from the shadows - something shady is going on.

McZ is veteran member on the site, has some controversy in his history and I´m sure some members do not see eye to eye with him, but whatever controversy happened was long time ago, look at the jobs they have given to McZ since for example, all the work he has done for Minnesota, all the activity in the forums, McZ is valuable member in this league - a user who knows a lot about the sim engine and line work, managing a team, etc - he should be given a second chance to manage a team in my honest opinion.

I have chatted with McZ little bit here and there, I know he has applied for manager jobs more than once and now this latest opportunity in Minnesota, what more can you possibly want from a manager? McZ knows the team, knows everything about running a team, but still HO in all their wisdom hands the job to someone else. Granted, SpartanGibbles knows the team, but let's not kid ourselves and think the two are on the same level when it comes down to experience on the site AND the head office knows how many times McZ has applied for a management job, if you are never going to hire the guy - why not come out and say it?

In my eyes this is bullying, you don´t have to give a job for everybody and some standards for general manager job especially are needed, but if we are completely honest - McZ is more than capable of running a team in this league. if we look at the Minnesota case, SpartanGibbless happens to be cool with some HO members, meanwhile, McZ is blacklisted and never given a fair chance.

Instead of coming out and saying anything, HO stays quiet and hopes McZ stops sending them applications. Nothing to do with leadership, shady and cowardly behavior and same goes to some of you people in Minnesota - snakes.

(380)

Trade me.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I'm enjoying these @jRuutu hot takes

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

hiss hiss hiss sneks

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-08-2020, 06:58 AMjRuutu Wrote: Instead of coming out and saying anything, HO stays quiet and hopes McZ stops sending them applications.
If there's one thing to take away from this thread, it's this, unfortunately, and it's completely true, and was true even 15 seasons ago.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

01-08-2020, 09:20 AMAvakael Wrote:
01-08-2020, 06:58 AMjRuutu Wrote: Instead of coming out and saying anything, HO stays quiet and hopes McZ stops sending them applications.
If there's one thing to take away from this thread, it's this, unfortunately, and it's completely true, and was true even 15 seasons ago.
And that is why I have a problem with it, McZ is a good dude who deserves to get that second chance to run a team. I might be wrong, but the ´controversy´ in McZ´s history happened years ago, right? Literally years ago?

I honestly think the league is scared, they are scared because they know McZ will test sim the shit out of his team and get the lines perfect, he will sign all the free agents, he knows that they know he will test sim the shit of the team and get the team running smoothly. Scared and petty.

01-08-2020, 10:01 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:20 AMAvakael Wrote: If there's one thing to take away from this thread, it's this, unfortunately, and it's completely true, and was true even 15 seasons ago.
And that is why I have a problem with it, McZ is a good dude who deserves to get that second chance to run a team. I might be wrong, but the ´controversy´ in McZ´s history happened years ago, right? Literally years ago?

I honestly think the league is scared, they are scared because they know McZ will test sim the shit out of his team and get the lines perfect, he will sign all the free agents, he knows that they know he will test sim the shit of the team and get the team running smoothly. Scared and petty.

Are you fucking kidding me? You're the biggest clown on this fucking website for being in one thread saying "STOP BULLYING MCZ" and in another thread "STOP BEING SUCH SNOWFLAKES AND LET ME SAY BAD WORDS!"

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

I don’t know that it’s that they’ll never hire him, it’s just that he’s been beaten out by more qualified individuals on numerous occasions and this is yet another one. Getting beaten out by another candidate isn’t bullying, it’s just the job search. If he’s not the best candidate, that isn’t HO’s fault it’s McZ’s.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

stop fucking baby raging over mcz
mcz got beat out by someone with better qualifications, and there’s nothing else anyone can do unless gibbles is some sort of sadist GM and gets fired. sure, he’s gotten close, but his prior GM pedigree is not strong at all

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-08-2020, 10:04 AMGrapehead Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:01 AMjRuutu Wrote: And that is why I have a problem with it, McZ is a good dude who deserves to get that second chance to run a team. I might be wrong, but the ´controversy´ in McZ´s history happened years ago, right? Literally years ago?

Are you fucking kidding me? You're the biggest clown on this fucking website for being in one thread saying "STOP BULLYING MCZ" and in another thread "STOP BEING SUCH SNOWFLAKES AND LET ME SAY BAD WORDS!"
Oh I´m sorry, I thought it was funny how the league is all about making this place friendly and welcoming these days, but at the same time clearly do everything they can to stop one user from managing a team.

01-08-2020, 10:06 AMJNH Wrote: I don’t know that it’s that they’ll never hire him, it’s just that he’s been beaten out by more qualified individuals on numerous occasions and this is yet another one.  Getting beaten out by another candidate isn’t bullying, it’s just the job search.  If he’s not the best candidate, that isn’t HO’s fault it’s McZ’s.
Of course Wink

01-08-2020, 10:16 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: stop fucking baby raging over mcz
mcz got beat out by someone with better qualifications, and there’s nothing else anyone can do unless gibbles is some sort of sadist GM and gets fired. sure, he’s gotten close, but his prior GM pedigree is not strong at all
No, McZ got beaten by someone who is friends with more HO members.

01-08-2020, 10:20 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:04 AMGrapehead Wrote: Are you fucking kidding me? You're the biggest clown on this fucking website for being in one thread saying "STOP BULLYING MCZ" and in another thread "STOP BEING SUCH SNOWFLAKES AND LET ME SAY BAD WORDS!"
Oh I´m sorry, I thought it was funny how the league is all about making this place friendly and welcoming these days, but at the same time clearly do everything they can to stop one user from managing a team.

Once again, there’s a difference between welcoming new members and helping them find their way on the site (and into GM positions like Gibbles) and not hiring someone because he has shown himself repeatedly to not be a great candidate vs. someone who was a great candidate. Being welcoming and being selective in the job search are not mutually exclusive.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 10:25 AM by bluesfan55.)

01-08-2020, 10:22 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:16 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: stop fucking baby raging over mcz
No, McZ got beaten by someone who is friends with more HO members.
again with this HO conspiracy bullshit? grow a pair and fucking deal with it. do you think that I, a member with no GM experience, would get a job GMing just because I know and am friendly with HO members? Hell no, cause I’m not qualified. Gibbles is simply more qualified, hence why he got the job

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-08-2020, 10:24 AMJNH Wrote:
01-08-2020, 10:20 AMjRuutu Wrote: Oh I´m sorry, I thought it was funny how the league is all about making this place friendly and welcoming these days, but at the same time clearly do everything they can to stop one user from managing a team.

Once again, there’s a difference between welcoming new members and helping them find their way on the site (and into GM positions like Gibbles) and not hiring someone because he has shown himself repeatedly to not be a great candidate vs. someone who was a great candidate.  Being welcoming and being selective in the job search are not mutually exclusive.
How do you know if he is great candidate or not, have you talked with McZ?