Create Account

S52 and beyond
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:39 PM by SDCore.)

Hello SHL.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk regarding the SHL. I am going to go over things briefly about the state of the league, where we are heading and some other concerns we have. Please feel free to ask me questions about this and what you'd like to see. I'm trying to make HO more transparent as these are trying times. We are working towards a solution and I talked with some people are we are looking good and heading in the right direction, at least I believe we are.

Let's get the first burning question out of the way. Are we sticking with STHS for season 52. The short answer is yes, the long answer is because we have to for right now. We have played around with changing sim engines next season, but there are major complications that just won't make that possible. We would have to extend out the off season a few months and that kind of stagnation is not good for anyone. So instead of having dead time while we wait we are going to make things a little bit different for next season, more on that in a bit. As for S52, we are continuing with a /r/hockey reddit draft. I know this is not an ideal time on the site, but we have to do this or we will be forced to push this back a few more season. So we are proceeding as normal, please I ask you this, let's get over our differences and look at the new recruits as friends. We need the site to be a friendly and welcoming place, it is for the good of the league.

Alright, here is the meat of this post. FHM, yes we are looking at making the switch to FHM in S53. We are still exploring if this is going to be a viable switch, but all signs point to yes. People working on this are starting to get excited as we have a testing file done and teams input there. I'm going to start having those members talk more openly about it and let's get the buzz going. We have an almost workable update scale and some really awesome members working on sim stuff for both leagues. I am working closely with BadWolf and Golden_Apricot on getting an SMJHL file out as well.

Things we can expect if we move to FHM.
- Free distributions and rework into a new update scale and attribute build.
- Position changes will not be allowed, unless paid for. (Working out the details on this)
- DrunkenTeddy is coming up with some awesome tutorials, which will be available for all. We also have tactics info, line info, and build info almost read to go.
- Hopes of doing FaceGens much like PBE. So each player could have a different render available to them
- There will be build restrictions, based of NHL models, but as of yet we have not been able to find a meta. A team will all sniper for instance actually makes you kind of terrible.
- Playoff will probably have to change unfortunately, we should still be playing 50 games per season though.
- As of right now, there will be no build restrictions... i.e. you have 90 checking, you won't be required to be a high checking build, again I say as of right now.
- Lastly we are doing our best to figure out metas, builds, things that can be taken advantage of. Please note, this is not perfect and we are hoping our user base will help us, as this was not a good look this time.

What we are working on.
- Index: This is our biggest hurdle, we are making an index from scratch, this change is relying on a good working index. Right now this is a work in progress, if we had this we could transition sooner, but it's taking time because we want it to be well made and complete before we go to it.
- Build/Arch/Update - we are trying meta builds, update scale challenges... more on this tomorrow tbh.
- Tests - This will be apart of tomorrows message.

Once we know for certain what we are doing I will update the site. I am also going to try and update everyone more regularly, allow for some distance between these as I am quite busy regardless of what some might think.

Alright, remember the changes I said we would be making earlier... Well here they are. This right now only applies to the SHL, I know BW is working on something for the J.

All players will be required to keep within a 20 point attribute gap for SC/PA. This is only going to affect players with higher scoring. If your build does not meet this you will get a 1 time free redistribution for only the scoring/passing. This is not to be used to adjust other skills unless it's necessary to pull TPE to make this happen within your current build. Blast is coming up with a list of these players and they will need to be fixed.

Further more, all GMs will need to be compliant with line changes.

1) 1st line, 2nd line, 4th line all require at least 1 distinctly pass first player
2) one top 4 pairing and 4th pairing require at least 1 distinctly pass first player
3) players with equal scoring/passing DO NOT satisfy the “distinct passer” requirement
4) 4th line/pairing prevents double shifting an all scoring line/pair with inflated ice time to skirt the rule
5) special teams are fair game. Just as you can play forwards out of position, you may also play any combination of player archetypes

Please adhere to these, any GMs found not doing this will be punished accordingly. These infractions will come to HO for review. Punishment can be up to loss of GM pay plus a first round pick.

Now that that's out of the way. I guess I'll open this up... We should have another announcement tomorrow regarding FHM, we have a lot to share but it's not quite ready yet.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Onward and upward. I'm sure there will be some disappointment for those hoping to see FHM straight away but I am encouraged to see it looks like HO and others helping out behind the scenes are working diligently to leave no stone unturned.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Great update. I would rather we take our time to make sure this move goes well rather than it be a knee jerk reaction without doing our due diligence.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Great stuff guys, thank you

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Shout out to everyone working hard on getting everything working for a potential switch, I owe you all a beverage of your choice.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:32 PM by Grapehead.)

01-10-2020, 11:31 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Shout out to everyone working hard on getting everything working for a potential switch, I owe you all a beverage of your choice.

Yeahthat

edit: except the beverage part, sorry

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Looking forward to the future Cheers

Watch Hamilton suck next year Laughing

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:37 PM by fishy.)

You and HO get a lot of flack but you guys do a great job, thanks for this update sir!

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

whats facegen? sounds neat

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

thank u all
can we call the pass-first rule the "Fucking Hamilton Rule" and fine them double if they fail to comply? k thx

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Fantastic udpdate! Great work to everyone involved, can't wait to eventually get over to FHM, sounds exciting!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

This is the way.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

If anyone wants to come do my actual job for me while i work on SHL, thatd be great. Ill still collect the paycheck, you just do the work.
[Image: 10087250b12adf60b850c4c049e2447e56dc1bb3...336652.jpg]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

01-10-2020, 11:31 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Shout out to everyone working hard on getting everything working for a potential switch, I owe you all a beverage of your choice.

you know how to put an IV in? i'd prefer my drink straight.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Wow those are some nice rule changes for S52 who came up with them

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]