Create Account

Local Hockey Hero Goes to the Draft
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 10:03 PM by Slackbabbath88.)

note to grader: I would like to save my first article bonus for later; this article is draft-related.
Word count: 302

This weekend, an up-and-coming hockey phenom will finally get his first crack at stardom as the much heralded SMJHL draft is set to take place.
Hailing from the mean streets of downtown Detroit, Michael Preeb always knew that he wanted to play professional hockey. "Lidstrom and Kronwall", he says with a slight grin. "Those guys were it for me. I always loved Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen, but Lidstrom and Kronwall were always the ones that I really watched and tried to emulate. Maybe one day?" he says jokingly.
The 6'2", 200+ pound Preeb just may have the stuff to live up to those dreams. Growing up he spent most of his youth playing within the Little Caesars hockey program, and he started really turning some heads in his last two tournaments in Canada. His physical presence on the ice seems to bely his age, but he will have to pack on some more muscle if he hopes to play the same game against the next level of competition. "I'm just taking it one day at a time and, you know, we'll see what happens on Saturday. There are some things that I need to work on but I'm pretty confident that I can help one of these teams out on the back end this season."
Scouts have noted that Preeb's strengths lay in his superb positioning, his pokechecking ability, and his willingness to play a physical game when necessary. He also possesses a great first pass out of the zone.  It has been noted that he needs to work on his skating, his slapshot and his strength on the puck to take the next step with his level of play.
The SMJHL Draft will be airing this Saturday on your local Faux Sports affiliate.

good luck at the draft! good first media.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 07:55 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

The 6'2, 200+ pounds, nice size for the juniors...
Good luck at the draft. Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

01-14-2020, 07:55 PMMike Izzy Wrote: The 6'2, 200+ pounds, nice size for the juniors...
Good luck at the draft.  Cheers

Lots of cheeseburgers  Sick

Nice piece! Good luck in the draft!

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

It’s double draft media week so you can save your first article bonus for later!

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

01-14-2020, 09:16 PMjfisherr Wrote: It’s double draft media week so you can save your first article bonus for later!

Hmm interesting, so it would benefit me more to save it for the next article? Just want to be certain I get the most bang for my buck. If so I'll edit my post to reflect that I'd like to save it.

01-14-2020, 09:22 PMSlackbabbath88 Wrote:
01-14-2020, 09:16 PMjfisherr Wrote: It’s double draft media week so you can save your first article bonus for later!

Hmm interesting, so it would benefit me more to save it for the next article? Just want to be certain I get the most bang for my buck. If so I'll edit my post to reflect that I'd like to save it.

Yeah! The grader would have caught it, but saves us the trouble and saves you from wasting it if they didn’t catch it. You can save your first article bonus for a later date.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]