Create Account

Eller speaks to the media after the SMJHL Prospect Showcase
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2020, 09:23 AM by Ace.)

Code:
draft media, double pay

Frans Eller, one of the top SMJHL draft prospects, spoke to the media after the SMJHL Prospect Showcase.
[Image: X3ADwQy.jpg]
Eller fields media questions after the SMJHL Prospect Showcase.

“Frans, that was some high scoring games out there. How does something like this set you up in the upcoming draft?”

“I think it’s hard as a goaltender to show anything in games like this. Any time you see any team putting up double digits in goals it’s not a good night for the goaltender, hah. I just think it’s a blast getting out on the ice again and meeting the guys that I’ll be playing against (or with!) for the next few seasons. There are some incredibly skilled guys out there and it’s fantastic to play with them. To answer your question, I don’t really think any of the results that anyone puts up impacts their draft status or stock. I just think it’s a great chance for SMJHL head offices to see us, talk to us and learn a bit more about us to see how we’ll fit in culturally and positionally into their franchises.”

“Any preferred landing spots for you in tomorrow’s draft, Frans?”

“Not surprisingly, but a lot of the franchises are pleased with their current goaltending situation so picking up a goalie in the draft, no matter how skilled, isn’t that high of a priority. I just hope that some front office can look further than just the season right in front of their noses and to analyze what is best for their franchise for the long haul, rather than a band-aid fix for their roster right now that may not pan out long term. I don’t really have a preferred destination any longer. If you asked me yesterday, or the day before, I would’ve been happy to volunteer 2-3 landing spots.”

“Where do you see yourself ultimately, when this draft class has hung up their skates for good and retired from the SHL?”

“I expect to be one of the last men standing. I want to be known as an elite member of this draft class.”

The SMJHL Entry Draft is today, at 12:00 PM ET.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother