Create Account

Who the heck is Huuveri?
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020, 01:08 PM by Jerppu. Edit Reason: First article bonus )

First article bonus

From the locker room hallway towards the interview desk walks a young guy with a big smile on his face. He is a recent SMJHL draftee for Colorado Raptors and a goaltender for team Prospect World in the upcoming World Junior Championship.
When asked about last few weeks including the SMJHL-draft and Prospect Tournament, Huuveri let´s out a small sigh while he´s looking towards the ceiling:

“It has been crazy couple of weeks. Full of high and lows. First I took the big step in my career and got drafted by Colorado Raptors. It was great feeling, still getting goosebumps. It showed me that I´m going in the right direction and I´m really looking forward to the season with that team. Then, well the Prospect Tourney. I had some good games and some very bad ones. Great experience but I hoped for better showing. It was a learning experience for sure. That´s all behind now and focus is on the next game.”

The 6th round draftee got a lot of games under his belt in the Prospect Tournament but the results, as he stated, were inconsistent. Losing record and little over 80 save percentage wasn’t what he hoped for.

When talking about the upcoming WJC Huuveri lightens up again:

“It is really great to have another tournament coming so soon. I mean, to get a chance to play for the win is the reason why I love this game. This is a great opportunity to grow as a player and get ready for the regular season in SMJHL.”

Huuveri got picked up by team Prospect World which contains players from Europe and Asia. We asked Huuveri about his expectations towards the tournament and the team he plays for.

“We have a good group of guys who are all ready to show what we are capable of. We are underdogs for sure but that suits us I think. We got couple Finns and couple Raptors´ players in the roster, so it has reduced the “foreign legion” aspect of the team for me.” Huuveri says and laughs.

“All and all I’m expecting to have a strong showing in there when I get the chance. Should be very intense tournament full of great games!”

Huuveri is going to be sharing his ice time with another Finn, Jason Voorhees, who had a great showing in the prospect tournament being one of the top goalies. Huuveri seems pleased to have Voorhees as a tandem.

“Yeah he is a great guy and amazing goaltender. Of course we both want to play as much as possible, it is a healthy situation we got going on. We push each other to play better and who ever gets the call on each night we will be supportive of that decision.”

At the end of the interview we asked what team Huuveri is waiting to face the most. Huuveri raises his head with a big grin.

“Team Finland.”

Isn´t it going to be weird trying to beat your own national team?

“Sure, but also a lot of fun.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my first article I post, hope it is in the right place and all. Little over 500 words.

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Go Dino boyz and go Huuveri

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride