Create Account

S52 SMJHL PT 5 - Highlight Reel

1. My highlight reel goal came in game 165 against Newfoundland.  It came in the first period and the score was tied up at 1.  Glen Anders started the play from deep in our zone, hitting Simothy Drunkebird with a quick tape to tape pass as he turned up the ice. Drunkebird skated the puck straight up the middle of the ice as the D men started to retreat to the neutral zone. The Berserker D didn’t realize I had gotten a jump on the play and was streaking behind them from the left wing. Drunkebird hit me with a nice pass up the middle to send me in alone on Newfoundland goalie Steven Vassallo – I came down with speed, picked my head up and faked a shot while all in one motion moving the puck to my backhand and sliding it five-hole as Vassallo started sliding to his post.  It was definitely a goal for me to remember and the one I’ll be sending youtube videos of to chicks at the bar.

2. My highlight reel assist came just after I scored my first career goal, game 21 vs. Kelowna.  I was still riding pretty high after potting my first goal, and felt like I was playing pretty well after getting that monkey off my back. On this play, Denver Wolfe took a shot from the point that missed the net. There was a battle for it in the corner and I ended up coming up with the puck.  I carried the puck behind the net, made a move to turn the corner on the goalies glove hand side and once I hit the goal line saucered a beaut across the crease to my fellow rookie Chris Cerullo. He made no mistake and one timer buried it into the yawning cage.

3. My highlight reel penalty was the definitely the hooking I took in game 31 against Halifax. Rapid Eagle had just hit Cerullo and taken the puck from him, leaving his puddle of a body in the corner.  I knew I had to stand up for my teammate, but I’m not really much of a physical player (18 hits in 50 games) so I had to respond with my skilled hands.  I hooked the shit out of Rapid Eagle’s feathered wrists and he let out a real screech, it was perfect.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

This season's highlight reel for me would start with my first Assist in our third game of the season against the Raptors in Colorado.  It was fitting for me as I moved from Colorado recently to join the team so to return felt great especially in getting my first point there.  I remember coming down the right side just crossing over the blue line when I saw Cyril come down through their D and get open in the slot, I took a shot toward the net to bank it back up to him and he ended up getting that goal there. The next would be my first goal for sure. We were down 3-4 in the 2nd period, Carolina had JUST scored about 30 seconds prior, and we were trying to build back momentum to win so Braden Lowrie had just got the puck and he took the shot from the right point and I managed to get my stick placed just right to deflect the puck above the glove side into the net. I have that puck sitting on my desk at home to remind me of that moment.  Lastly my third highlight was being named the top American prospect going into the draft.  Being able to bring that to the table was a huge boon, and although I fell to the second round, I was chosen by a great organization in Anchorage and I couldn't have been happier with that!

245 Words

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]

Highlight 1

My first highlight would definitely be my first goal. It was long awaited and after my initial trade that I will get to later on in the Point Task. As an offensive-minded defenseman and a player coming off a really good Prospect Showcase and World Junior Championship, I had high expectations coming into the season (Maybe a bit too high). But following the sim where I had scored, I woke up to a ping from the ever so lovely Tig who was notifying me that I had scored my first goal and gotten 2nd star (That would also be the first time I got an in-game recognition as well)

Highlight 2

I would say getting traded from Halifax is a highlight of my season. Although I loved some of the people in Halifax and still miss them, I was starting to get bored a little there and missed the sparks I had felt with other people in the community. As a result, I had requested a trade and eventually I got traded to Detroit, one of my ideal spots. I love Nour and Tig very much and harbor no ill will towards the Raiders. At the end of the day I'm still grateful for Krash and CoA working out a deal quickly and efficiently.

Highlight 3

I would say actually getting my season underway. I was so excited for the season due to the Team Canada LR and their infectious excitement for the league and the game itself. It's incredible in there and easily one of my favorite LRs across every league I've been in.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Andrei highlights

1- Highlights
My first highlight on league was posting my highlights in my thread. I show great hit, great score, great win. I make a really nice curry culum that is most seen update in league.
proof :
[Image: captur42.png] 
 But then serious league say no, no do that. is only for writing link to useless words and making complicate tpe calculations. i say okay.
i posted in general thread. still no find brother sergei.

2- Draft
When draft day, i am very excite. Everyone think, andrei best player, he get drafted no1.
but GM not very good. they wait. i wait too. i have talk with many GM. Bird team, octopus team, anaheim ducks team. big hopes.
then, and this is true story, i get draft when i am pooping. i was very happy. but also sad i did not step on podium. but i sit on other podium.
here is me when i arrive back in draft room :
[Image: captur43.png]
i was wear canadiens things for remember i play nhl before. strategy

3- First goal
In this game, i make not only first goal, but 5 shot, 3 hits. wow. great player!
look at team, all negative. not andrei. andrei 0. best player.
sometime is like that. team hard time. you have to step up. this is why am captain.
but am not. also this is maybe not my first goal. but is goal. nice game. am happy. i score.

[Image: captur44.png]

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

I am a back-up goalie. There’s not a whole lot of highlights to talk about. I suppose if I had to narrow down the first one, it would be my first game and first win with the Carolina Kraken. My first SMJHL tilt was up against the Newfoundland Berserkers, and I managed to find myself in a hole after the first period. We went to the room trailing 2-0 after one period, but the guys rallied and we had an even 2nd period, and we popped 4 goals in the net in the third for a 4-2 win. This was clutch, as I was able to secure the win with a 0.917 save percentage. It felt good to get that one under my belt.

My second highlight was being drafted to the Kraken. I didn’t have high expectations for the draft, as goaltenders are never really taken high up, but it was a thrill to see my name up on the board and to know where I’d be spending the next 4-5 seasons.

The final highlight is finding out that next season I’ll be taking the reigns in Carolina, and declaring for the Canadian federation for IIHF. I have some competition, but if I work hard I can easily assume the #1 role in Canada at the IIHF World Tournament level.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 12:08 PM by Jerppu.)

First Shootout Win

Game 7 - ANC vs. COL 4-5 SO
This was my second game of the season and we had a 4-0 lead after first period. Then everything started to go wrong. In two periods Anchorage came back and tied the game. I felt awful since we lost our first game and I was really hungry for first win. After a really tense overtime we go to a shootout. 

Shootout
Anchorage Armada, Mitchell van der Heijden - Stopped by Jerry Huuveri
Colorado Raptors, Denver Wolfe - Goal!
Anchorage Armada, Daniel Bischoff - Stopped by Jerry Huuveri
Colorado Raptors, Henrik Lekberg Osterman - Goal!

I was so dialed in when I saw Armada player coming towards me and I made the save, then another. It was a huge thing for me. With goals from Wolfe and Osterman we won the game and stopped the catastrophe that would have been a loss from 4-0 lead.

Game Saver Against Kelowna

The game was tied 2-2 late in the third period when Kelowna had a huge chance to score and hand us the L. Kelowna player Luciano Vessot had a great opportunity in the crease to put it home but somehow I was able to scramble and make the save. Which made this extra special for me is that we were able to win the game in overtime and started the climb towards top of the standings.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Late Draft Pick

It finally came, it took six rounds of nervous waiting. In the sixth round I heard my name and it was the best feeling so far in the start of my career. I got to wear the beautiful Raptor jersey for the first time and I thought: "This is where my journey starts." I got so many texts messages from my friends and family. It was a awesome feeling and it gave a huge motivation boost to get better.

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Highlight 1: Getting Drafted 24th overall  Falcons

I really had no clue where I was going in the draft. It was an exciting time, as I was pumped to get the season going. I had talked to GM Tig about Detroit, and was excited that they had so many picks in the early rounds. I was hoping that he would use one on me, but as the selections went by, I started to lose hope. I was refreshing the page over and over, until I suddenly got a notification that I had been mentioned. Holding my breath, I checked the draft, and sure enough, I was drafted! Detroit! It has been all up since then.

Highlight 2: First Goal

Cliche, I know, but this was a big deal to me. I had gone 10 games into the season without scoring, and was looking for my first. Playing in the third line pivot role, I was doing my job as a good soldier in the faceoff dot and on the PK, but I really wanted to show I could score. Down 2-3 against the Beserkers, I won the faceoff in the O-zone and ripped a shot on net. Rebound. Shot it again. Missed wide. Guy O'Shea missed wide, and I tapped it in on the backdoor for my first of the year. I will frame that puck and hang it in my trophy case forever.

Highlight 3: GWG against St. Louis

Everyone knows that St. Louis and Detroit don't like each other. Our last game against them of the year, it was a tight game going into the 3rd. Tied 1-1 with 10 minutes to go, I collected the rebound, deked my way past a defender, and shelved my 4th of the season. The team went wild, and we didn't look back, winning the game against our rivals. I was rewarded with the 3rd star of the game for my game winning goal. It always feels good to score, and it feels even better when you do it against a team you don't get along with.

SKREEEEEE  Falcons Falcons Falcons

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

1: signing with the raptors late in the season.
It was after the halfway mark of the season and Brown hadn't signed anywhere as I had just burst onto the scene. The raptors were the first team to reach out to me and yet I knew it was the right place to go. I joined the team and haven't looked back.

2: My first goal.
Three games into the season, I was still getting used to the speed of the game at that level when somehow the puck was on my stick, I took a shot and whilst I didn't see quite well what happened, the red light went off and I had scored my first goal in the league.

3: The playoff race
My new team, the Raptors, went off on a massive streak about the same time I signed, which launched us to the lead of our conference and a bye for the playoffs. I was beyond thrilled to have helped the team make it there, despite how little I helped. I felt like I was a part of something great, I'm looking forward to winning the playoffs!

Highlight # 1 – 30th Pick overall

This was a big year for me, my rookie year in the SMJHL. The first highlight was beings selected # 30 overall in the draft by the Detroit Falcons. I was really surprised in this draft class being so heavy with forwards that I was selected this early. Standing up on that stage and putting on the Falcons Jersey was my first highlight, and my first experience entering into the SMJHL.

Highlight # 2 – My 29th SMJHL Point (10th Goal of the season)
The last game of the season, we were fighting for the Laurifer trophy. We had to win this game to secure our first place spot. The first period was rough, a fight broke out between Luke and Hammarberg (who was tossed from the game). Halfway through the second period we were down by a goal. I was lurking in the offensive zone after khabib rushed through the blue line. I set myself up  on the left side skating a slow circle. Khabib passed it to Kanoff, who passed it right back. I was wide open and tapped my stick on the ice. Khabib tossed the puck my way. With no time to lose I closed my eyes and fired the puck on net. By the time I opened my eyes I saw the red light on behind the goal.

Highlight # 3 – My 30th Point (20th assist of the season)
I was really feeling alive after scoring a goal in the second period. The end of the game was closing in and we were tied 4-4. Even though I was exhausted at this point, I had to keep fighting. Time was ticking down, the clock was down to the last 30 seconds of regulation. I had the puck behind the net and was looking back and forth. I passed the puck to Kanoff who took a shot that bounced right back to him. He shuffled it over to Jmac who shot the puck into the wide open net. With just 12 seconds left in regulation, I helped set up the game winning goal to secure the Laurifer trophy. I dropped my stick and raised my hands over my head forming a Z as I skated over to the Celly in front of the net.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

1) 3 Point game in game 2 of the 2nd playoff round

The playoffs might just have gotten started for the Raptors, but I got off to a hotter start then I ever could have imagined. I had an assist on all 3 goals scored by the Raptors, including 2 primary assists, which led the way to a 3-2 victory over St. Louis. Hearing the home crowd cheer my name as I skated onto the Ice as the 3rd star gave me chills and is something that will stay with me for the rest of life.

2) Getting drafted #14 to Colorado

The time before the SMJHL draft was a whirlwind of excitement and uncertainty. I had talked to a lot of different teams and really had no sense of where I was going to be taken. The moment the commissioner called out my name I was instantly overwhelmed by all sorts of feelings. I looked over at my parents who were smiling ear to ear and hugged them. I dont even remember walking on stage. Next thing I knew i was shaking hands with the commissioner and holding up my new Raptors Jersey. What a feeling!

3) Getting First 2 career points in a 4-3 win against Vancouver; named 2nd star

It was the 7th game of the year, and I hadn't really performed well thus far. I hadn't really found the rhythm of the game and was struggling to make good passes against higher competition. The coaches had been encouraging, but stressed that they needed more from me. Well this game I finally felt good. The team was playing well and I was anticipating the play better on both sides of the Ice. Midway through the 1st period I hit Henrik Lundqvist jr. with a pass that he put home to put the score at 1-0. I was excited, but didn't expect the whole bench to mob me as I skated back. The guys were genuinely pumped for me and it was cool that they all knew what this moment meant. If that wasn't enough, I got my 2nd assist on a Power Play in the 3rd period to put us back on top. When we won in OT I knew that I finally was able to make the impact I wanted. I was named 2nd star and even the Whalers fans respectfully clapped for me. definitely one of my top moments in my career so far.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

1) Getting drafted #1 overall to Colorado

I was very honored to be considered for the number one overall selection and hope I have not let down the folks in Colorado that made that decision. My fellow Raptors rookies and I had a great first season and will only grow to become even better in the coming seasons. Watch out, SMJHL.

2) Winning a share of first place in the SMJHL

We struggled a lot offensively to begin the season in Colorado and languished in the bottom half of the standings for far too long. We hit a really hot streak towards the end of the schedule and ended up just one game away from claiming sole possession of the title, but I will definitely take a tie for first after how we started the season.

3) Not being asked about Game of Thrones by the media anymore

I think I have made my position entirely clear on the show and I am very happy that my extreme reactions to its horrific, garbage ending has led the media to no longer attempt to ask me questions about it. I threw a chair through the glass on one of our practice rinks after being asked the last time and that really solidified things.

Raptors S52 SMJHL Entry Draft First Overall Selection Raptors 
norway Chris Cerullo - Center norway 

1) The post-training camp trip to Disneyland has to stick out as the #1 highlight of my season. It was a great bonding experience to get to know my teammates and I found my goal song during the trip.

2) First career goal - It came in our fourth game this season against the St. Louis Scarecrows. I had been getting some time on the powerplay, but hadn't really gotten a good opportunity until this chance. I was on the right side and my teammate Alex Petrenko made a beautiful pass. I think I closed my eyes and shot because I never saw it go in. Next thing I know, my line-mates were rushing over with their sticks in the air. It was a memory I'll never forget!

3) First OT game winner - It took 38 games, but I got my first overtime goal against the Vancouver Whalers. It had been a really tough game as we were neck and neck with them the goal game, but it sure felt good to see that one go in. I just appreciate my teammates Bale and Yompy Stearf for setting me up for that goal.

[Image: TF7ZTeC.png]
Ziggy Tambo - LW - Anaheim Outlaws

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Highlight #1
My first highlight is probably just my second game in general. As a rookie defenseman in the league, I wasn't sure if I would find myself on the score sheet that often. But in just my 4th period in the league, I got my first assist of the year. And in the 2nd period, I got my first goal as well, which gave us the lead in the game heading into the 3rd. It was nice to have a multi point game with both a goal and an assist that early in the season, and put me on the right track for the rest of the season.

Highlight #2
Getting promoted to the first defensive pairing about a third or half way through the season is my second highlight. I know that it was purely a strategic decision - we needed to separate the offensively gifted Ren and Dayudie with D partners that were more likely to stay back - but it was still a nice boost of confidence that the GMs trusted me to play 22+ minutes a game against the other team's top line. 

Highlight #3: 
My last highlight came just a few days ago, in the first round of the playoffs. With the series tied 1-1 and we were at Anchorage, we found ourselves down late in the third period. I ended up scoring with 30 seconds left in the 3rd period, sending the game into OT which we eventually won. It was an amazing moment to silence their barn, and going up 2-1 vs. down 1-2 was huge momentum for our eventual series win. Not to mention that I played over 30 minutes that game. It was am amazing moment in such an electric playoff environment.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

1st ever SMJHL Goal

I remember it very clearly. It wasn't the prettiest goal, but you never forget your first. We came over the boards after an offensive zone dump in. Pricey chased after the dump in and flung it to Bale who shot it wide short side. Pricey got the puck after the carom off the end boards and flung it back to Riles. Bale slid by his check at the right circle and Riles hit a beautiful pass to him. Bale wristed it on net, but Barkov got in the way of it. Luckily it slid right into my wheelhouse and I just jammed it in past Beibitzhanov. Don’t ask my why I remember it so vividly. I may have watched it multiple times.

Taken Under the wing of Veterans

The veterans of the team have been giving me such tips and pointers to improve my game. I haven’t been the best defensive player and their advice has pointed me in the right direction and improving my game every week.

Sticking up for teammates

It takes a lot to get me pissed off, but watching Luke McMaster take liberties against Ziggy, slashing him during the faceoff and subsequently blindsiding him when he was behind the net picking up the loose puck made me lose it. I am not a physical guy, nor am I an enforcer but I needed to step up and show him that this will not be tolerated against the Outlaws. So I took out my two 6 shooters and pounded him into next week. I didn’t care if I got ejected. You don’t do that kind of BS against the Outlaws. I don’t care if it’s the last game of the season. Playoffs are around the corner. No one is going to push us around.

Highlights 1 and 2: The Game

This game is the easiest to pull from since it was by far my best performance of the season. On my third start of the season, I did 2 big things against the Carolina Kraken (who we're currently facing in the playoffs)

1. First Career Shutout - Shutting down a high power forward group like the Kraken, especially after stopping 4/4 from them in my first regular-season look when I came in in relief against them earlier in the season was great.

2. First Career Assist - This came in the same game in the shutout, a long lob down to Kevin Robinson who got the rebound after he set up Leonid Kofix for the one-timer on the break.

Highlight 3: The Shootout

I'd like to think I'm pretty good at the shootout and that was demonstrated no better than in this tilt against the Raptors. In a close, hard-fought goalie battle that went into a shootout 2-2 and both goalies posting above a .915 I stood up one of their top goalscorers in Henrik Lekberg Osterman and also Denver Wolfe to secure the victory.

[Image: lyezech.gif]
Player Page || Updates
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]