Create Account

Season 52 Exit Interview | Jimmy Wagner (CAR)
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 11:48 PM by sve7en.)

[Presser, ready for grading. 192 word introduction + 0.5 x 948 words in answers = $666k expected payout]

[Image: cut.jpeg]

Jimmy will be packing up with the rest of the guys today and then he'll be visiting his father in Perg and touring American universities with his sister Sara, so this will be the media's last chance to ask him any questions for a little while. Feel free to ask about the season and playoff that just ended, next season's outlook, the upcoming SHL draft, the upcoming WJC tournament, or anything not directly hockey related as well.

Wagner was the 6th overall pick in the SMJHL entry draft this season, and largely lived up to the expectations of that pick. He finished the regular season with 6 goals and 8 assists, quickly making a name for himself with his ability to breakout of the defensive zone and threaten the counter attack. His lack of size as a rookie was evident late in the season as he wasn't able to make as much space for himself and play the physical game as well when it was sometimes demanded in the playoffs. He only notched a single assist in the Kraken's 11 postseason games, with a bottom three points per 20 on the team.

03-04-2020, 09:01 AMgolden_apricot Wrote: Why is Hamilton the best team in the SHL? Please be as detailed as possible, Im sure you and everyone else share the same positive opinions of Hamilton as I do!
From the J perspective, their team seems to embody a unified vision, and they execute together. Part of what makes hockey so great is the guys you play with, but when everyone's dialed in and on the same page like they are it can really take your execution to another level. Besides, at least for the next week or so, they still technically are the best team in the SHL. Those names engraved on the trophy are still the freshest, and you can't really argue with that.

03-04-2020, 09:42 AMGeekusoid Wrote: Mr. Wagner.

Hi, Peter Croslen from the Orange County Register.

What was your favorite moment throughout this season?  How did you feel being named an Alternate Captain during the unofficial pickup game during the post season?

What are your plans going into next season for Carolina?
Hey Peter. I think my favorite moment this season was getting to take the ice at the start of the regular season. Scoring in the season opener helped make that really special, but even before then it was just nice to get out on the ice and play. After so much traveling, prep for the draft, interviews, and training, it felt like I hadn't actually played a normal game of hockey in ages. To knock that bit of rust off and experience being a professional hockey player in front of thousands, and getting the win on top of that, was a really cathartic experience.

Playing in the charity game was really fun too. It was nice to get named as an alternate in an event with so many friends and peers around the league involved in it. It showed me that I was really starting to come into my own in this league, and that people appreciated me. I would have never expected to consider so many players, especially the ones on other teams, as my friends and it's really made the transition from Austria to here so much easier.

Next year, my plans are to really step my production up. I know that Alexei is for sure gone, and there's a number of guys that might be getting the permanent call soon, so I want to start leading a bit by example for the younger guys. Being a responsible defender, really giving each shift my all, the older guys really instilled those values and that work ethic into us rookies and now we get to keep the tradition going.

03-04-2020, 10:58 AMEricNCSU Wrote: Which SHL teams are you looking forward to talking to in the scouting for the S53 draft? Do you have a preference for where you'd like to be drafted?
I think I'm most excited to talk to Calgary. Izzy was a huge influence on me and every other Austrian hockey player in my generation. He's a legend. Getting to meet him in this whole process will be really cool, regardless of where I end up. Luke Thomason has been in touch a few times this season and that's huge too. I'd love to have an impact on the SHL like he has these last few years, and we might talk more if I need any advice in the coming month. I don't think I'll end up playing with him out in Manhattan though. I'm also excited to just pick the brains of the Carolina guys, see what they think of their teams and whatnot. I think right now, outside of Calgary and Manhattan, Buffalo, West Kendall, Toronto, and Edmonton are near the top of my list? I'm excited to get with any team and be a part of their future.

03-04-2020, 11:11 AMZombiewolf Wrote: Hi
sah
[Image: giphy.gif]

03-04-2020, 11:24 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: Hello, my name is Basil Beauxjeaux DuMarchay the Third of the New Orleans Post-Gazette

What teams are you interested in the most and why
Hey B, I'd say it comes down to a few tiers.
Tier 0, Carolina, first and foremost.
Teams that I personally care about, Calgary and Manhattan.
Then, teams where it would be even better than normal if they call my phone on draft night. Toronto, Buffalo, West K, and Edmonton. All four of these teams are teams that seem to have solid plans for the future that I fit into, and three of them pick early enough into the draft that it could happen.

03-04-2020, 04:53 PMMarlinManiac4 Wrote: I hear a lot of players are heading into this off-season with the goal of "redefining" themselves as a player. for example, I've heard some players who have previously focused on a finesse game are looking to add physicality to their game. You yourself have defined strength as your biggest weakness. Do you have any plans to adjust your game during the off season?
I definitely think that I'm in the same spot a lot of rookies have found themselves throughout the ages. The physicality of hockey is real, and when you're one of the faster guys on the ice that usually doesn't bode well for holding up to the shoving and the hits. I definitely plan to get stronger, but not at the cost of my speed. It's kind of my calling card at this point, and it's how I like to play the game, but bulking up a bit definitely won't hurt. I'd like to think I'll be closer to the league average next season.

03-04-2020, 06:13 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Is it possible to go too fast?
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.

03-04-2020, 10:32 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Tell us about what you expect for the upcoming SHL draft? Also, what's the best emote in the Kraken Discord?
Draft seems like it's gonna be even bigger and more of a spectacle than the SMJHL one, but I'm a little more prepared for the interviews and media presence. I think I'll go top ten for sure, but there's a lot of talented guys in my class for sure. I expect Cuddles to go first, and I'll probably be the second wing off the board. I'm excited to see if I end up with any of my Carolina teammates.
Best emoji in the groupchat is definitely [Image: 622957966911340544.gif?v=1]

03-05-2020, 11:54 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Are you a Jackets fan or a Seth Jones fan
Yeah, Seth's a cool guy. Some people have told me we kinda look alike actually, I don't see it though. He's like notably taller than me, but I think I have a nicer smile.

(sve7en- I'm actually a CBJ and NSH fan, so Seth's definitely been one of my favorites since he came into the league)

03-07-2020, 07:57 AMDaftRaincloud Wrote: What was the most memorable aspect of your time in the SMJHL?
It's definitely been the bonds made with the guys on the team. Especially for those of us coming in from overseas, you get picked up by a team and those guys are some of the only ones you know in the country at first. It was great just becoming a family of sorts, playing Xbox on our rest days or watching movies on the flights was so much fun and it felt like home after a while. I know I'll be on other teams in the future but the first one is special.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Why is Hamilton the best team in the SHL? Please be as detailed as possible, Im sure you and everyone else share the same positive opinions of Hamilton as I do!
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020, 09:43 AM by Chevy.)

Mr. Wagner.

Hi, Peter Croslen from the Orange County Register.

What was your favorite moment throughout this season? How did you feel being named an Alternate Captain during the unofficial pickup game during the post season?

What are your plans going into next season for Carolina?

Which SHL teams are you looking forward to talking to in the scouting for the S53 draft? Do you have a preference for where you'd like to be drafted?

[Image: hudson.png]

Hi

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Hello, my name is Basil Beauxjeaux DuMarchay the Third of the New Orleans Post-Gazette

What teams are you interested in the most and why

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Updated with answers to @golden_apricot, @Geekusoid, @EricNCSU, @Zombiewolf and @bluesfan55.

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

:cellyotter:

I hear a lot of players are heading into this off-season with the goal of "redefining" themselves as a player. for example, I've heard some players who have previously focused on a finesse game are looking to add physicality to their game. You yourself have defined strength as your biggest weakness. Do you have any plans to adjust your game during the off season?

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Is it possible to go too fast?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Tell us about what you expect for the upcoming SHL draft? Also, what's the best emote in the Kraken Discord?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Updated with answers to @MarlinManiac4, @slothfacekilla, and @ACapitalChicago .

Are you a Jackets fan or a Seth Jones fan

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

What was the most memorable aspect of your time in the SMJHL?

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]