Create Account

S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread

Do you have any previous sim league experience?

I am in the NSFL and PBE

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]

I have time to do all the small stuff but I don't enjoy writing so don't expect too much I guess lol

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?

I usually watch streams or play games like League of legends. I like doritos and sour cream and onion lays are good too. I don't know anything about hockey lol

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

I probably won't earn a ton so I expect to be in the J for longer

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?

Bagel#0315 on discord Smile

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?

Active and friendly locker rooms is what I am interested in.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?

I probably won't go IA but I probably won't earn a ton

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?

Don't play smash :{

Nope, this is my first season.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]

Roughly an hour per day, maybe focusing more time on different days.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? 

I spend my time in school and working. I fly planes, fly fish, and watch lots of football and hockey. I really enjoy War thunder, World of Tanks, and CS:GO in my free time. My favorite team, and the team that helped me fall in love with hockey is the San Jose Sharks.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

I will probably spend about 3 seasons preparing myself for the SHL. However, that may change depending on how much I enjoy this.

Yes, Peej#6996

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?

I am looking for a locker room that is extremely willing to help newer players learn the site. I want to be able to utilize what tools are given.

I am willing to adapt if necessary. 

Pikachu 100%

Share your best joke or meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpbwUC65Zyw
(The sound gets me everytime)

[Image: panico.png]

I do not have any previous sim league experience.
probably an hour or 2 a week
I work for the most part. Favorite games: Ori and  the blind forest. The NHL team that I was into a lot as a kid were the Aves. I stopped watching the NHL about 2010.
I assume I'll be in the juniors for 3-4 years. Ultimately it depends based upon if an SHL team has the need for me.
I use discord.
My interest in a team is community.
I guess my players name is Dwight Knights--left wing- with the subset of skilled power forword/grinder.
Good question, it's not applicable though.
When Life gives you melons, you're dyslexic. 

Let me know if you have further questions,

D.K.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 12:23 PM by SpontaneousCombustion.)

No

A couple of hours

Mostly going to college or studying for it, or working my job in a bookstore. The forza series. Salt and vinegar. The Anaheim Ducks

3/4 years

Yes I do.

A good friendly atmosphere with lots of laughs and hopefully even a few wins a long the way.

There is nothing that I can think of at the moment

The Villager

What do you get hanging from banana trees? 
Sore arms
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 06:35 PM by honkerrs.)

b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]
Nope, never have played a sim in any sport before

Really just depends. Not entirely sure how much time this league needs other than talking with the team and the weekly reqs I've read some about. With my job I work 10 hour days, 4 days a week and can't check phone too often so my talking will be random throughout the weekdays but evenings and weekends I will definitely be involved in convos. My job and not being a very creative person I won't be creating much of the really interesting extra curricular content that goes on here but hopefully I make up for that with my relaxed personality. I am interested in data (math degree) so maybe once I get settled I can contribute in that way. I have been a recruiter for many guilds in my PC gaming life so that combined with being an ex college athlete (swam) I can get along with anyone.

Some of my interests/hobbies are Dallas Stars (share season tix with friends and watch literally every game at home if not live), Texas Rangers, PC games (have played basically every MMO plus others but recently into RvR/GvG pvp team MMOs), funk music, data (math degree) and have been slowly learning French for my fiance recently.  Favorite chirper of all time is obviously Antoine Roussel cause no one could understand him, miss him a lot in Dallas.  Favorite fighter I've seen is Krys Barch.  So funny that guy was in the NHL to literally only fight.

Not sure honestly.  Going to play it by year.  My goal is to be the best goalie in the SHL so whatever way I can go on that path but I'd definitely like to get my feet wet in the world of simming first.  Definitely fine with being a backup at first if the team is good at teaching

Yes love Discord. honkerrs#9675

I'd really enjoy being on a team that doesn't show newbies the ropes and have some players that dig into the data a little bit on how best to set up our team for a championship.  Would be a lot of fun.

Think your guys' questions really covered most of what I would normally say already.

Don't own the game but when I play its Ice Climbers

Lol this one's a classic and after drinking it this past weekend I was reminded of it for the first time in awhile

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

No, this is brand new to me and I'm willing to learn.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
I hope to spend at least 3 hours a week on SHL; however, I find myself checking quite frequently.

On a daily basis, if I'm not studying I'd be napping, watching youtube, playing guitar, and catching up with the NHL and F1. Personal favourite video games are CHEL, Forza, Hitman, and the Batman series. I'm also a big fan of board/card games. Favourite chips would be Doritos, Pringles, and Ruffles and I'm a fan of the Vancouver Canucks and the New Jersey Devils.

I hope to spend 3 seasons in juniors and move up to the SHL. Though, I wouldn't be against staying in juniors. Time will tell.

Yes (discord ID: DextariaRaikou#9767)

As a newcomer, I am looking for a tight-knit, welcoming team locker room with players that support one another. Overall, I want to have a great time in the league.

I'm very interested in being more involved with this community and hope to secure a site job.

When I do play SSB, Villager.

This

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

- No, this is my first kick at the cat!

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
 - I can only try my best to dedicate the time required to be successful. I cant really quantify the time.

- Work, family time, video games (NHL, COD) Miss Vickies. I have been a Devils fan for the past 20 years, but also grew up watching the Leafs.

- However long it takes for my player to develop. I dont want to make the jump into the SHL until I know my player is ready to make an impact or its best for their development. If thats 2 -3 years, awesome. If its 4, thats fine too!

- I have it, dont use it, but am open to doing so.

- I'd like to end up on a team with a good group of people. I'm not a fan of negative people so the more positive the better.

- Im excited to be apart of whatever team that drafts me and I will do my best to be as active as possible.

- Sorry, havent played this game in probably 20 years but if memory serves correct it was Link.

- I love any meme with Smudge the salad cat.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Definitely do... Here... SBA... EFL... many others Smile

I would say 2-3 hours and then daily check ins on the index.

These days I spend alot of time selling and designing pools and spas... I play NHL on a occassion... Sun Chips Garden Salsa... Blackhawks (booo this season :( )

I basically want to spend as much time needed until I'm ready for a starting position in the SHL. I would love to win at the SMJHL level... never have!

Yup KWally#1313

I do... While I do acknowledge that I have butted heads with a few of past Falcon teams, I can honestly say that is long ago. I really want a fresh start in the SHL.

Hmmmm... nada on this one.

https://preview.redd.it/m513dlkm2mh01.jp...407f8093fc

[Image: Wally.png]

This is my first time taking part in a sim league.

I can usually put like 1-3 hours into the SHL on a weekly basis.

I am an avid follower of the New Jersey Devils despite their recent struggles. If I'm not working I play a lot of Guild Wars 2 and DnD. 

I hope to spend between 2-3 seasons in the juniors, but I'm open to any amount of time. If I develop quickly and a spot opens for me the SHL I'd take it, but if it takes me 5 years to get there then so be it. I'm more interested in doing everything I can to help any team that I'm on to win, no matter what level.

I use discord frequently.

I'm looking for a welcoming, helpful locker room. 

Patrick Shepherd is a hard working smart defensive minded center that wants to make life hard for opposing top lines. My goal is to be part of a top tier PK and be used to win late face-offs and ice games.

I haven't played Smash since Gamecube but back then I mained Samus.

[Image: Mimi.png]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Nooope.
I'm looking to do a couple nights a week on the site, and I'll always
I have a 9-5 as a software engineer, and I have a new house so I spend a lot of time working on that.  I also am DM for a D&D game so I spend some time working on that.  My favorite tabletop game is D&D (followed closely by Clank and Disney's Villianous).  I'm very excited for Baldur's Gate 3 to drop, but my favorite video games are Chrono Trigger and Wind Waker.  Zapp's Voodoo chips are heaven sent.  I'm a Flyers fan...it was a fun year for us.
I understand that there's a goalie logjam right now so I'm cool to chill out for a couple in juniors.  Ideally I'd like to play in the SHL whenever I'd be a solid contributor to the team.
I'm always on, even at work.  skeleton sex party#6918
I really don't have a ton of preference, as long as you guys are fun, help me learn and get better, and are at least trying to be competitive.
I'm on team pineapple belongs on pizza
Naruto
Ottawa Senators

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

More than you.

Not a ton.

Reading history non-fiction is my main squeeze. Habs fan.

Really depends. I'm a fan of playing lots of juniors or getting out quickly. So I'd say it would be 2 or 5 Smile)

Nope

No preference

I'm an honest dude who speaks my mind.

Ike

Pepe
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 11:43 PM by thevoicelesscreator.)

Yes, I'm a part of the NSFL in an administrative capacity, as well as a team captain. I also play a lot of sims in my free time (FM, OOTP, FHM)

Depends on what needs to be done. I'm waiting until I know the league a little better before covering it in a media perspective, but I usually spend 1-2 hours a day on sim leagues. 

Daily Grind: Work the 9-5, then the side hustle until I sleep - rinse and repeat.
Favourite game? Depends on the day really. I love most simulators and Grand Strategy games.
Favourite Chips? All Dressed, and if you don't know what those are you are a sad person.
NHL Teams: Calgary and Vancouver (and Pittsburgh if they're on a run ~ yes, I am THAT guy). 

To be brutally honest, my goal is to end up in the Hall of Fame. I'm going to spend as many years as I need to in the juniors, but my goal is to be in the SHL as long as I can

Yes, discord is my preferred method of contact - thevoicelesscreator#0611

I am looking for chemistry. First thing I look for is energy - what does the room feel like? How warm is warm? How do I vibe with the people here? How are questions answered? By whom? Plenty of things to look for. 

I'm new to the SHL, but not new to sims. I love league history, and given how long the SHL has ran, I will probably run wild with history bits. Feed me details, and I'll be a very happy camper

Lucina, or Inkling. I play a mean Ike, but he's hard to be bad at 

Check my player name Smile

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Yep! I am huge over in NSFL (affiliate yay) and GM over there, and I am also in PBE with my newest player.

I should have ample time to do tasks and such. Since I have an affiliate for the PT, the other  tasks shouldn't take too much time for me.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't really know all too much about hockey, so I'll probably develop some sort of favorite team as I learn more in the SHL. On a daily basis I do work, and then work on sim league stuff and play a little bit of video games.

I'll spend as much time as my SHL wants me to, I'm down for whatever.

I do! (Frostbite#8407). I usually spend a fair amount of time on Discord so, if you are looking for a good locker room presence I could be your guy.

Jeffrey sucks Wink, But in all serious I don't really care too much about a locker room, as long as it isn't completely dead, and I get pinged for TPE stuff.

Nothing much, but I guess 1 thing, how did you guys do last season? And do you need a Center.

I think I've played smash once, but the lizard guy is pretty cool. [Image: 645127583599689757.png?v=1]

Toucan play at this game, what is your favorite joke or meme.

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Yep. Former SHL member and looking to make a comeback (never said that before)

3-6 hours/week.

Work M-F 9-5, stream on Twitch with majority of my free time playing WWE SuperCard and like watching all sports. Favourite NHL team are the Sens.

I can see myself spending four seasons in the juniors. I would love to be on the SHL roster as quick as possible but know it's not an easy process.

Yes, use it every day. Toast#1007

I have the same interest in all teams. Looking to start over with this league. I'm just looking for a good group of friends to enjoy the game with!

I have no idea what's going on lol. I'm willing to be a core part of any team going forward though.

Kirby. Down+B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7D2Oq7LDkc

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I'm on my 4th player here

Weekly? Idk a few hours at least

School, and work. I don't play a ton of games, no time lol. Pringles. Blackhawks.

Probably 3 or 4 seasons

Yes

I would like to go to anchorage.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this?
See above lol.

N/A

Uh, just the multitude of Coronavirus memes lately have been decent.

Thanks for answering and all the best in the S53 SMJHL Draft!
my posts
Offline JHS
Registered

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates