Create Account

S53 Carolina Kraken Interested Prospects

Quote:1) What is your player name and position?
I’m  Will Lockwood and I play Right Wing 

2) What is your player archetype? For forwards, are you pass first or shoot first?
I’m a 2 way forward and I pass first

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?
I’m new but active 

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)

I don’t think I need help right now but thanks man

5) Do you use Discord? If not, would you be open to joining Discord?
i do use discord

6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in discord

7) Are you open to playing out of position if it helps the team? (this does NOT include RW or LW playing on the opposite wing)
If it helps the team then sure

8) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?
They are both important but having good teammates I believe is more important 

9) Do you have any experience with FHM6?
I have FHM5 but not 6

10) Lastly, what are your thoughts on Terry Bradshaw?

He is a Hall if Fame QB, great in the playoffs for the Steelers but not a regular season QB

1) What is your player name and position?

Slimey Snail, Defense Boi

2) What is your player archetype? For forwards, are you pass first or shoot first?

Defense? I'm not sure what else

3) Is this your first time participating in the SHL? If not, how long has it been since you had an active player?

This is my first time in the SHL

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You don't have to state specific)

I am in the NSFL so I am sort of used to this thing

Bagel#0315 on discord

5/10 on site? 7/10 on discord maybe

7) Are you open to playing out of position if it helps the team? (this does NOT include RW or LW playing on the opposite wing)

I guess I would be fine with it

8) What is more important: winning a championship, or being a part of a close-knit group that has a good time together?

A bit of both. I don't want to be on a bad team but I also don't want to be with a bunch of people that don't say anything

I know nothing about hockey in general lol

He can be funny at times but his age is starting to show a bit in the way he acts lol

Panda Panico, I am a LW
I am currently even statistically, however I will lean more towards passing.
Yes it is, very excited for the chance at this. 
Updating my player is a bit confusing, I am just not sure if I am actually doing it correctly.
Yes, my ID is Peej#6996
I would rate it at about a 7
Yes, I think I could make the adjustment.
Close-knit group that helps each other grow to be better peo0le and better players.
No clue what that is.

An absolute badass

[Image: panico.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 03:28 AM by hockeyiscool.)

Dwight Knight, left wing
Technical Power Forward/Grinder haven't decided on pass first or shoot first.
This is my first time participating in the SHL.
uh...this is a difficult one because forums with loads of information are generally difficult to navigate. 
I do use discord. DwightKnight#1030 on discord.
6) On a scale of 1-10, rate your expected activity level on site and in discord.
 I expect to be fairly active--7.
I'm open to playing out of position for the good of the team.
Being part of a close-knit group that has a good time. The championships will fall in place.
 I do not have experience with FHM6
I'm really indifferent on Terry Bradshaw.

1) Gavin Wallace, C
2) Perimeter shooter, shoot
3) Yes
4) Updating my build to get the best out of it in the simulation.
5) Yes I do, SpontaneousCombustion#2627 is my username.
6) 7
7) I am willing to give it a go, not sure how I'd do strapping on the pads to go in goal though.
8) Close-knit team having a good time, with that wins will come.
9) No
10) He seems like an interesting guy, saw him on a travel show with William Shatner, George Foreman and Henry Winkler about them going around Japan
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 02:38 AM by Dextaria.)

Right Defenseman - Ryosuke Sato

Mobile Two Way Defenseman

Yes and I am excited to be a part of it.

None at the moment.

Yes and I hope to be more active on the servers.

8, I hope to get more involved through media and site jobs.

Yes for the benefit of the team.

Hockey's all about being a part of a close-knit group and having a good time. The championship is a bonus.

No

Don't follow football but he seems to have made a significant mark in the sport and was a world-class athlete. Without even having followed his career, his stats and accomplishments can be appreciated from a hockey fan's perspective.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Cale Amundsen, Goalie
Goalie... that will initially be built with standard intangibles as an SMJHL goalie.
It isn't... It has been about 6 months since I was active with AOK. Very committed this time around however and looking forward to it very much.
n/a
Definitely use... KWally#1313
I would say 6... I'm not always going to be balls out in terms of commenting everywhere like I once was.
Not sure that is possible as a goalie.
Winning a championship.
Absolutely do.
I like his hair.

[Image: Wally.png]

Yalls rookies gonna lern who terry fuckin bradshaw is

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

03-11-2020, 10:47 PMRotticusScott Wrote: 1) What is your player name and position?
Rotticus Scott, LW.

I think I'd be classified as pass first. I went for a David Pastrnak type build.

First time in the SHL! I'm active in a few other leagues, but this is my first time on the ice.

I've been on forums since I can remember, and am active in NSFL, so nothing specifically for me. It's all pretty straight forward.

Yup! My tag is Mottyice#9677

Probably a 7. I'm gonna do all point tasks and available TPE, and try my best to get equipment each season. I'm usually a lot more active once I get into a LR and get acquainted with my teammates.

Yeah for sure, no problem with that. I really chose LW because that's what I used to play in NHL mycareer.

Honestly? Probably being in a tight knit group. Both are really important, but I'm a big clubhouse guy, and even if we aren't winning it's still fun to be around a bunch of people going towards the same goal

No

Terry Bradshaw is so overrated that he might actually be underrated. I'm a big pats fan (sorry if that's a deal breaker), but I like Terry for his wild takes and kind of senile behavior.

Love this kid already.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Patrick Shepherd - C - Two-Way Forward

I tend to be a pass first forward. My main focus is defense first, so I tend to let my line mates handle most of the offensive duties by feeding them with passes.

Yes, first time.

So far I've managed to get around pretty well.

Yeah I use discord quite often (Cobbenstein#6732)

I tend to start a little slow till I figure everything out and feel comfortable, but once that happens I'm usually like a 7-8 in activity.

Yes, I am willing to do what ever it takes to help the team. Team first, individual second.

I think both have merits. A close-knit group and winning a championship tend to go hand in hand in my experience.

No

Fabulous actor

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Cal Covid - Goalie Extraordinaire and Global Pandemic

Good positioning, good low game goaltender

I'm brand new and I'm terrified.

I don't think there's anything you can really help out with...it's all about learning where everything goes and how to link it all together.  I'll figure it out in short order.

I'm always on discord.  skeleton sex party#6918

Like 8/10, I am always on and have a desk job where I can duck out at pretty much any time to check and respond to discord stuff.

If I can finish my SMJHL career with a goal I'll be one happy tender.

I prefer the close-knit group...however, if we aren't trying to win it's no fun for me.

No way

Isn't he Howie's wife?

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Niccolo Livius

Shadow, pass.

I started in like S9 maybe? Left the site after the update scale change. Back to see how FHM goes!

Naw I'm good but its shocking how SHL hasn't made the navigation better at all.

Not a big discord guy. Unless i really like the guys.

Site: Honestly Really Don't Know, want to see the sim Discord: 1

Meh not really but I don't really care.

Getting numbers to look at in the sim.

Very very very limited experience.

Don't know what you talking about.

PBJ Souppan, defenseman (two way)

Two way defense man specializing in big plays (hits, shots, goals, assists)

First time in the SHL, but a NSFL player and captain so not my first time in a Sim League

4) For new players, navigating the forum is always a little rough in the beginning. It's okay, we were all there at some point. Is there anything we can help you with in terms of site navigation, updating your player, etc? (You  don't have to state specific)

I'm not going to lie, the forums are boring. Real dry, and nothing of substance to draw the eye. I've done what I can for the most part (training, rookie tasks, PT when possible, AC), but it's hard to find where the juicy things are with so many categories to navigate

thevoicelesscreator#0611 . I much prefer Discord, but some reason the SHL seems pretty averse to it. Or rather the official server is pretty bad in terms of interaction. 

Site (4-5)
Discord (9-10)

I mean, if it helps the team, I'll play anywhere I'm needed. But my role (and in a sense my TPE) will go where I want my player to grow, and part of that is dream position (defenseman) orientated.

I cannot express how important locker room atmosphere is, especially at the junior level. Ships are nice, but this isn't the big league. How many junior Championships you've won doesn't really matter when they're talking about the Hall of Fame, so my time in the Juniors should be enjoyable. If we can win as well, that's a big bonus

No, but I had the earlier editions (FHM 1-3), and was an earlier adopted of the OOTP system. I would not be averse to getting a copy of FHM6 if there is a need for help with simming

Lmao who?

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Grapefruit Lizard - Center

I dont really know the archetypes and whatnot, but I guess I am a shoot first center.

Sadly this is my 2nd time around. My first player wasn't really active, so I have come back for redemption to show that I can still have a good player!

Not really, Im a huge NSFL guy (football sim league) so I know the gist of things and what to do. However I still may ask my GM some questions every now and then.

I do! Im usually fairly active on Discord, so Ill be a great locker room presence for a team. (Frostbite#8407)

On site, I would say probably a 8 or 9. Only 150 words for each task isnt that bad, and I will have affiliate task to do anyways so I should be good in that department. As for discord, that will probably be a 7-9, depending on the locker room. I am on Discord way too much, so Ill usually be there.

Sure; I love seeing team success, especially for the minors, where player success barely matters.

Honestly either is fine; I've been apart of both and they have been equally enjoyably. I would have to say close knit group slightly over championship just because of the fun that we can have as a group.

Nope, I dont really know all that much about hockey, so I probably wont invest money into the league.

Terry Bradshaw kinda old, kinda bald, a doo doo QB. Overall 4/10

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

Jack Klompus -- LD

Playmaking defenseman

No, originally joined around S5. It has been about 5 seasons since I last attempted a player.

I'm familiar with the forum lay out but may need help getting all started again.

Already use discord regularly. Toast#1007

Sure! Whatever works best for the team.

Always has been being part of a good team. Success is great but I'm looking for a core group.

Never played the game.

Sounds like a cool name!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]