Create Account

Gabecast: Quarantine Edition (x2 Draft Media)
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 04:28 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

With there being a possibility that I have a developing case of COVID-19 coming from my dad who came back from Europe recently, I figured no better way to unwind than make 6mil on a draft podcast so I can at least die rich.

LINK HERE

In this pod, I discuss several big trades surrounding this draft, and their importance :

1 - Rex Kirkby to New England (at 1:30)
2 - Winnipeg moving down 5 -> 14 for Kristoffer Svensson (at 4:20)
3 - The redo of the above trade (at 12:48)
4 - Winnipeg trading up to 1st overall (at 15:35, I go on a lot in this segment about FHM and asset management, and also praise a couple teams Stars Renegades along the way)
5 - Minnesota Acquiring Watson, Bergen and MacTavish for a 1st and two 2nds (at 31:22, I go on a similar kind of tangent here, sorry guys)

And then briefly talk about the S53 draft prospects in the last 10 minutes or so (starting at 50:09), after realizing that I just used like all my time discussing the 5 trades lol.

I hope that even though this entire podcast was a bit rambly and not scripted at all, that stuff I said like about FHM and asset management make sense, I was trying to make serious points with what I was saying. I made errors here and there, like calling Watson a dman at one point, but they were just byproducts of fatigue.

I'm serious about the quarantine thing btw, this podcast is highly contagious.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 03:57 AM by goldenglutes.)

please get some rest you sound like you're dying great pod though

also don't look at the fact that i'm replying 19 mins after you've posted when the pod is 60 mins long

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Get well soon! Take care of yourself

I appreciate your take on the trades and that you have actual reasons for your criticisms. Trading is always a gamble and I guess we just see things differently on the relative values of things but I do worry maybe you're right about FHM because I'm still a noob at it but I hope you're wrong about our ability to compete for a playoff spot.

Cheers!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

weird not having the other johnson in a podcast smh

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

03-13-2020, 04:46 AMFerda Wrote: weird not having the other johnson in a podcast smh

can we a get a reason why they split up and went their separate ways? Is this like Nsync? What happened @frithjofr@Gwdjohnson

dont die penis

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

03-13-2020, 05:19 AMgolden_apricot Wrote:
03-13-2020, 04:46 AMFerda Wrote: weird not having the other johnson in a podcast smh

can we a get a reason why they split up and went their separate ways? Is this like Nsync? What happened @frithjofr@Gwdjohnson

I just stopped feeling like doing podcasts, but I also wanted to make 6mil.

get well penois

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Do you think it’s funny when people make a corona virus and corona beer joke? I think it’s really funny.

Where do you think Stavros will land in this upcoming free agency?
Would you want Stav on Hamilton?
What prospect are you hoping to snag in the draft? If you do the pod after the draft, please discuss Hamilton’s picks and give us a scouting report.
IIHF coming up : who will win? - who will be LAST?

I can appreciate different takes on the trade I made.

Here's my part of my reasoning to pull back the curtain. While I some of the pieces I grabbed are IA, they are roster fillers for my team while my prospects develop. I can't in good conscience tell my current players that we would try to tank. So my goal has to be to try and make the playoffs until a new core comes up. Before the trade I only had 3 active forwards on my SHL roster. Watson immediately became my third highest TPE forward even after regression. Bergen replaces another IA with almost 300 less tpe with the same cap hit. I think another thing that gets missed in some of these trades is roster management issues happening behind the scenes. I know I had a few roster spaces opening up and also had some other deals in the works. You mention Dylan coming up this season but he actually chose to leave the team in FA. With a roster shrink to 17 there are also less spots to fill overall compared to the STHS era. I think we are going to see a lot more player movement with that change.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

03-16-2020, 10:12 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I can appreciate different takes on the trade I made.

Here's my part of my reasoning to pull back the curtain. While I some of the pieces I grabbed are IA, they are roster fillers for my team while my prospects develop. I can't in good conscience tell my current players that we would try to tank. So my goal has to be to try and make the playoffs until a new core comes up. Before the trade I only had 3 active forwards on my SHL roster. Watson immediately became my third highest TPE forward even after regression. Bergen replaces another IA with almost 300 less tpe with the same cap hit. I think another thing that gets missed in some of these trades is roster management issues happening behind the scenes. I know I had a few roster spaces opening up and also had some other deals in the works. You mention Dylan coming up this season but he actually chose to leave the team in FA. With a roster shrink to 17 there are also less spots to fill overall compared to the STHS era. I think we are going to see a lot more player movement with that change.

Oh hey, sorry I missed your reply until now.

Quote:You mention Dylan coming up this season but he actually chose to leave the team in FA

Yep and I knew that as well but somehow had a brainfart and forgot at the time.

I might do another podcast either tonight or tomorrow and if I do I will address what you say at the start.

Thanks for the reply and POV, appreciate the GMs acknowledging my pod Smile

03-16-2020, 08:59 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
03-16-2020, 10:12 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I can appreciate different takes on the trade I made.

Oh hey, sorry I missed your reply until now.

Quote:You mention Dylan coming up this season but he actually chose to leave the team in FA

I might do another podcast either tonight or tomorrow and if I do I will address what you say at the start.

Always glad to discuss these things. I just choose not to do so in a trade thread because people are just going to meme without knowing half the battle haha

03-17-2020, 01:50 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
03-16-2020, 08:59 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Oh hey, sorry I missed your reply until now.

Always glad to discuss these things. I just choose not to do so in a trade thread because people are just going to meme without knowing half the battle haha

Very fair lmao. Might not do the pod in the end so I'd be happy to discuss via PMs too if I can't get any further media out.

03-17-2020, 02:20 AMGwdjohnson Wrote:
03-17-2020, 01:50 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Always glad to discuss these things. I just choose not to do so in a trade thread because people are just going to meme without knowing half the battle haha

Very fair lmao. Might not do the pod in the end so I'd be happy to discuss via PMs too if I can't get any further media out.
Definitely open to that, my PM's are always open. I'm actually jumping back on the pod wagon this week ironically.