Create Account

S53 SMJHL draft stocks and things that could happen - X2 MEDIA

We are on the process to SMJHL draft and new upcoming season, but to be honest - till that we don't have a lot of things to do. We have IIHF, but that's actually it. I wanted to do something till draft, new team, new season and all interesting stuff, so I decided to make another media, so I have something to do and people can see what could happen. Maybe they are too much from me, but I really think that this long waiting can make league lose a lot of draft prospects and SHL bright future.

Yesterday I was on rookies discord server and thought that it would be amazing if league would have one person who could scout draft prospects, draft picks, teams and make something like mock draft or draft stocks. We know which teams have which picks and we know most of the players who are able for draft. Of course, this will be pretty similar media to other medias which I made in pre-draft time, but at the same time - we will have something different right now. If before this I showed y'll greatest players of draft and what teams need, then now we can put it all together and make a mock draft. So, I hope you will enjoy - this asked for a lot of research and some bookmaker talent. Will see if I will be right.

Before we start, I want to say that this is only my prediction after doing a lot of research and searching stuff. I don't say it will be 100% right and I want to remember that we can have some trades before upcoming draft and all this stuff can change. But here we go! If general managers of these teams will make right choices, this is how it could end. By the way, on this draft stock will only be TOP 15 players.

[Image: cut.jpg]

1st round, 1st pick - Maine Timber Timber - Mikkel Asmus Sondergaard
User: @Rabidsponge21
Position: Defender
Nation: Denmark Shl
Jersey number: #93
TPE: 200
Activity: Amazing
Maine Timber have problems in center position and it would be more understandable if they draft somebody who are center. But at the same time, they have only one very good defender. Best move from them would be to pick a player who are active and who is playing in the position who they need. They need defender aswell and Mikkel Asmus Sondergaard right now is first in TPE race. He have already 200 TPE, which means that he is the only one player who will go to draft with at least 200 TPE. They can win by drafting defender with 1st pick and center with next pick, but they can fail aswell and have really blank spot in center position if someone if first round takes Konrad Danke and Daniel Laforest, because right now, they are only two great and scouted centers. 

1st round, 2nd pick - Anchorage Armada Armada - Tinke Jutila
User: @Snussu
Nation: Finland Finland
Jersey number: #7
TPE: 180
Activity: Good
Tinke Jutila is a defender and it would be smartest option if Anchorage Armada would pick a defender with their first pick. Of course, there are a lot of options besides Tinke Jutila, but watching from professional side, this would be the smartest option. Tinke Jutile is controled by user who already had player before and he was such a beast. User have more than 10 million dollars in SHL cash, which means that he can pay for everything aswell. Watching from this side, Tinke Jutila is best option for this team. Of course, all teams are talking with players and we don't know what Tinke wants by himself, so if he don't want to be drafted by this team, there can be a lot of changes. Joseph Fantobens could be their second choice after Jutila. This team have only one goalie aswell and he has less than 300 TPE, but he is pretty active, so in my opinion, there is no need for them to take another goalkeeper.

1st round, 3rd pick - Newfoundland Berserkers Berserkers - Konrad Danke
User: @JHS
Position: Center
Nation: Czech Republic Czechia
Jersey number: #58
TPE: 195
Activity: Amazing
Konrad Danke is one of two really great centers from this draft (watching TPE and activity wise). Berserkers have at least one good and one decent player in each position, except in center position. They don't really have amazing goalkeeper aswell, but watching from professional side, right choice would be to pick a center and Konrad Danke is greatest option. Danke would really make Berserkers better and I can't find a reason why they wouldn't pick him. That could only happen if he will be picked in first two picks or Konrad Danke already said them that he wants to play on different team, which has probably not happened.

1st round, 4th pick - Kelowna Knights Knights - Simon Takshak
User: @GeckoeyGecko
Position: Right wing forward
Nation: Indonesia Shl
Jersey number: #42
TPE: 185
Kelowna Knights already contacted a lot of draft prospects by saying them that they don't really need no specific position. They said that they are just searching for some active players who will really be good in the future. It's interesting, because they have two picks in 1st round. They have really amazing defense and other positions is good aswell. They could only get some update in center position or get a back-up goalie. Daniel Lanforest is really only option as a center after Konrad Danke, but he is new user and it's pretty risky to take him so high, so I think they will shoot for a most active player and after that try to get a center. Greatest activity wise and from this user history is definitely right wing forward - Simon Takshak! 

1st round, 5th pick - Vancouver Whalers Whalers - Joseph Fantobens
User: @Fantobens
Nation: Sweden Sweden
Jersey number: #13
TPE: 180
Only three defenders after losing Mikas Bieksa for this team on roster. They literally have two choices - make some trades or pick defender with their first pick. It's between Joseph Fantobens and Tinke Jutila. This team will take one of these fellas who will be not be drafted till their pick. Player have some problems with work ethic and doing simple TPE works, but he is still one of the greatest defenders from upcoming draft at this moment. For Swedish defender, this would be really good opportunity. He can play on this teams first line already in first season and be Whalers saver for next five seasons!

1st round, 6th pick - Colorado Raptors Raptors - Aumy Jr.
User: @st4rface
Nation: Finland Finland
Jersey number: #81
TPE: 164
Some blank spots in wings and defense for this team. Being this players owner, I don't really know what to expect, but in my opinion this would be smartest choice for them. I know it's kinda egoistic, but at this moment I am not cocky, but confident. In my opinion, they really need a defender. They have only four defenders right now and all of them is under 300 TPE. I would say they will pick a defender and it's all between Aumy Jr. and PBJ Souppan, because they are greatest choices at this moment. It will be one of them - based on which player this team wants more and think will be better for them.

1st round, 7th pick - Kelowna Knights Knights- Daniel Laforest
User: @Snoopdogg
Nation: Canada Canada
Jersey number: #19
TPE: 173
And we are back to Kelowna Knights! Their second pick in the first round. If all goes in the way they need it to go, they will finish this draft as a winners. Daniel Laforest is what they need - they can get better in center position and get active player, who is pretty new. It's riskable to take him so high, but at the same time - there ain't no much players who have bigger experience than him or really better than him. Daniel Lanforest could really land on this team and in my opinion - it will happen!

1st round, 8th pick - Detroit Falcons Falcons - Cale Amundsen
User: @Wally
Position: Goalie
Nation: Netherlands Shl
Jersey number: #30
TPE: 187
This team needs a a lot, but at the same time - nothing. They don't have pretty much blank spots, but they could upgrade all of these spots. From this pick, I think it's more based on activity. They could take a goalie and try to trade him for some player, but they don't really need a goalie by themselves. If they can't find a trade for him if they pick a goalie - this is ''lose - lose'' situation for both. Team is screwed - they wasted a pick and goalie is sad - pretty small amount of ice time and he can't show his skills. It's hard to predict what they will do, because there is no many players left who are very active or with previous experience. If they choose activity wise - they will definitely take a goalie Cale Amundsen and will try to profit from this choice. They will take him and try to get some next drafts picks, money for cap space or other player. Smartest choice!

1st round, 9th pick - St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows - Matthew Sawful
User: @SAwful
Nation: United States of America Usa
Jersey number: #12
TPE: 163
Activity: Decent
Amazing team - no blank spots in defense and amazing primary goalie. Definitely title contenders! They have to be smart and try to get some profit from this pick. They have no many choices, but smart choice can lead to a really big dominance from them. I want to see them pick William Lockwood, because of his activity and such a great personality, but I think his name is not hyped enough and it's really important before draft. I remember my first SMJHL draft on far S27. I was active, worked hard, earned a lot of TPE, but it ended with late 6th round pick, cause didn't talk a lot and my name wasn't so hyped up. In the end, I had great seasons and spent 13 seasons on SHL. I think they will pick Matthew Sawful and end 1st round with that. Matthew have more hyped name and similar type of activity and Scarecrows ain't really interested on drafting, cause they are title contenders even before this draft.

1st round, 10th pick - Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws - FORFEIT
Forfeited pick, which means that Anaheim's highest pick is 17th overall pick.

2nd round, 1st pick - Maine Timber Timber - William Lockwood
User: @Lockwood
Jersey number: #10
TPE: 158
Don't make mistake, Timber! Timber need a lot of players and if William is available at this time, I would say they will take him. He is one of last available players who are active and Timber need all positions possible - they just need to be active. At this point - William Lockwood is both and he have bright future if team who drafts him, will help him and will not lose him as a player for this league.

2nd round, 2nd pick - Anchorage Armada Armada - Vitek Viteček
User: @MegaSkuci
Position: Left wing forward
Nation: Czech Republic Czechia
Jersey number: #36
TPE: 164
Now we are at the place where we can't really predict what will happen! There are no more hyped names or very scouted players who you would take without mentioning a word. Teams will try their luck after first round by choosing these players - acitivity, position and amount of TPE will play a big role. At this type of situation, they could upgrade their offense and take Vitek Viteček. He is still active. He doesn't have much TPE and is not a guy who posts a much, but he is still active user, is online at least once a day and earns simple TPE. Greatest choice what they can make at this point.

2nd round, 3rd pick - Newfoundland Berserkers Berserkers - Richard Majors
User: @Hefe4711
Position: Goalie
Jersey number: #13
TPE: 163
They have two goalies, but their back-up goalie have less than 200 TPE. In my opinion, they will try luck in goalie side and try to get some goalkeeper who is active and can start a career as a back-up for them. At this point - there are only two goalies who are active and make some posts on forum. Richard Majors have maded his player few days earlier than other players and still are active, which shows more than he is more active than others. This would be good choice for them and doing right choice, this will be a player which Berserkers will choose.

2nd round, 4th pick - Kelowna Knights Knights - Kyle Sutton
User: @CrazyMojito
Nation: Canada Canada
Jersey number: #96
TPE: 161
Kelowna didn't need any specific position in the first place, so they will keep the same energy and try to find some underdog who can be named as a ''draft steal'' in the future. Kyle Sutton is not very active in posting, but he is earning TPE and still active. This is the player what they can get in mid 2nd round and still get a win. If Kyle doesn't get picked earlier, this is where he will probably end up.

2nd round, 5th pick - St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows - Gavin Wallace
User: @SpontaneousCombustion
Nation: Great Britain Uk
Jersey number: #95
TPE: 166
At this point of situation, I think there will be more activity based picks not position or what they need. Because, there is much bigger need for active player, than player in specific position, but player who are not even coming in forum no more. Gavin Wallace is doing his stuff, sitting on almost 170 TPE right now. He is not hyped up name and he is not posting much, so it's obvious that he is underdog and probably mid 2nd round aswell. Scarecrows can come out of this situations with big win which will not be easy, but it can change a lot in new season.

So, this is how looks first 15 picks in my opinion. Will I be right or wrong? We will see on Sunday! Good luck to all prospects on draft day! Daily reminder that no matter which pick you will be, you can anyway be good at the end of SHL career. You can be 1st pick and be a bust and you can be a last pick and be a Hall of Famer in the future. Just keep getting these TPE and work hard. Focus on getting your player better, not which pick you will end up. Advice from SHL veteran! Good luck y'll!

2500 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

good job dude! Finland Raptors

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

I just realised I forgot about PBJ Souppan. Sorry! :(

Stars Stars Stars

Nice work man

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

good stuff, I just did one very similar to this one myself.....Took forever!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Great write up.

03-13-2020, 12:53 PMSnoopdogg Wrote: good stuff, I just did one very similar to this one myself.....Took forever!
Yea, quality media ain't that easy as people thinks. Saw your stuff aswell and it's good! Liked it! Good luck on draft! Smile

Stars Stars Stars

Good write up! I think Geck is just as active as I am, haha

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !