Create Account

Etan Merauk Draft Report
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 06:32 PM by dngrweelz.)

Etan Merauk hails from Krakow, Poland. Not a traditional hockey market, but the 5'10 187 pound left winger has found a way to start making a name for himself. Travelling to Switzerland where he has played his minor hockey, he has established himself as a reliable player than can really skate. By far his greatest asset is how light he is on his edges and the speed he possesses on the attack. This makes him a very big threat in transition. He loves to drive wide to the net without fear, but his game is not limited to this. His hockey IQ and spatial awareness allow him to make plays quickly, with purpose, on both sides of the puck. He may not be the biggest player, but isn't afraid to lay the body on the forecheck. He does need some work on the defensive side of his game, but the work ethic he has shown throughout his young career prove that this kid is always willing to put in the time and effort to better himself on and off the ice. 

The entire country is watching back in Poland. It isn't everyday one of their own get the chance to pursue a career in hockey, but for Merauk it's all he has ever dreamed of doing. In an interview with a local newspaper, he's quoted saying, "I'm not concerned with where I'm drafted. I'll be happy regardless. It's a big day for my family and I. I'm only concerned to work on my game and earn everything that's ahead of me." His mindset and maturity for his age make him an interesting potential late round pick.

[Image: 0m0U8dD.png]