Create Account

Offseason Time-Waster #1 - Which SHL team has the best logo?
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 12:50 PM by StamkosFan.)

Let's break it down by analyzing every logo.

Buffalo's logo just is not for me, it looks like the crest of a soccer team or one of the shoulder patches that NHL teams have, not one that would be a logo on its own. Also, I don't really think that gold goes very well with dark green, so the color scheme could also use some work.

Chicago actually has an interesting logo with a unique vibe compared to the rest of the league. The mobster in white touch is very nice, but I think that red or a darker color would enforce their team name more than a bright and vibrant yellow. This is a good logo, sure, but it could use some tweaking and wouldn't make my top tier list.

Hamilton, not a fan. Their logo is literally the Philadephia Eagles logo, but uglier and if they were on steroids. It's like he's trying out to be in Angry Birds, not to be a hockey team logo. The color scheme is gray and boring too, if you tried to list the color scheme of a rainy day it would be Hamilton. Definitely not the best logo in my opinion.

Manhattan has a logo that is pretty inspiring and captures the essence of their team name. They nailed the color scheme of Rage with the in your face red, it is bold and a risky choice, but it pays off and works for them in the end. The bull on the logo is menacing and fearsome, but without looking out of control; calm, poised, and ready to fight, just as Manhattan were in the Challenge Cup this year. It's like if the Devils actually had a good logo. This definitely will be one of my final choices to deliberate for the best logo, I'm a fan.

New England would have been seen as mediocre logo for me before they adopted their new logo, and I think it's a major improvement over the old one. There's just nice touches, with just the right amount of detail on wolf, and the foresty undertones of their color scheme. The wolf biting the hockey stick is a nice exclamation mark on it all. This logo could be top tier if not for the words at the bottom, a logo is better without any added stuff or words. The team and city name is not needed, so while the logo is good, it can't be one of the best as long as that is still there.

Tampa has very similar praise and feedback to Wolfpack, in fact I even like their color scheme more, it's a very tranquil and serene shade of cyan and it looks wonderful. The logo pops, and the Barracuda biting the hockey stick is a nice touch; the Wolfpack may have gotten the idea from their brilliant execution. But again, I'm not a fan of writing overlapping a logo, so having Tampa Bay Barracuda scrawled at the bottom and stealing attention from the beautiful logo prevents this from making my list of favorites.

Toronto really does not have a logo that does anything for me. Their logo feels way too similar to the Toronto Maple Leafs, probably what they were going for but I like to see something different, something with more originality. Also, I don't like the whole circular soccer emblem/shoulder patch vibe as the main logo, the same as what I said for the Buffalo Stampede. Toronto is not one of my favorites, but if they replaced the whole leaf look with a more starry logo, it may improve their vibe.

West Kendall, the final team of the Eastern Conference, while bird logos are overused this one actually looks really nice. It won't make my top list because of the whole circular shape, but while it's not a style I'm a fan of, of the circular logos in the SHL it looks the nice and would be my favorite of those. In the future, if West Kendall had just the bird as the logo, I think they would at least make my top 5, but until then they won't be on my short list.

Heading over to the Western Conference now.

Calgary has a dragon that strikes the right combination of cool and tough. Red wouldn't have come to mind for dragons but I suppose it is appropriate from Chinese New Year and similar celebrations, and it works great. It's simple but elegant, and they didn't try to do too much with it. Even with the writing at the bottom of the logo, I'm tempted to put it near the top, but I have to stay true to what I said earlier. Unfortunately, due to taking attention away from this beauty of a logo with giant lettering, it'll have to stay in the good not great category.

Edmonton has a nice logo with a gorgeous icy color scheme, a very nice tri-tone on the blue of the wolf mixed with some whites that make you reminisce of polar ice caps and a snow-laden winter. Again, it's been ruined by letters taking up half of the logo, I wish teams would just let their wonderfully designed logos stand on their own. It seems to be a common design mistake in my view, so this again will go under the good not great tier.

Los Angeles has their logo simply as a shadow, which is a neat idea. While I can see what they were going for, the end product does not seem like anything special to me and it seems like there are too many other things going on at once in the logo. A for effort but it comes up short of the top logos.

Minnesota gets everything right; they picked the right amount of colors to provide contrast, they have a detailed logo, and they allow it to stand on its own. It ends up looking great on a jersey, and this is one I can say will be in my top tier and be in the discussion for the best logo.

New Orleans has a logo that is a bit of a mess in my opinion. Upon first glance, you can hardly even tell what you're looking at, and the unusual and flashy shade of purple distracts from and overpowers whatever design elements exist in it. You can see the big white SPECTERS plastered over it but when the only part I understand is the text on a logo, which I do not like as a design choice in the first place, you know this logo is getting a thumbs down. I think this is a logo where they need to go back to square one and simplify it.

San Francisco has the right idea. They don't try to do too much, they just blend two colors and craft a logo that looks great up close, but as you back away, it looks even better from a distance. Every part of it is well designed, and I can't think of any criticism to give it. This logo is definitely making my top tier list, it deserves to be in the discussion for the best logo in the SHL.

Texas made a bold design choice to go all black and white, which I like, it brings a unique flair and originality to it. The logo itself is well designed, with proper attire given to the character, including a cowboy hat and bandanna wrapped around his face. However, I cannot stand the gigantic text at the top of the logo! It would be so good if not for that, please just scrap that and let your unique style shine and speak for itself.

Winnipeg, the last team on the list. The logo is alright, but it looks very 90s with the soccer crest style and the text curved to fit inside of it. The real life Winnipeg Jets logo is much more to my fancy, this logo just does not resonate with me and will not be making my top tier list.

So ultimately, my final 3 were San Francisco, Minnesota, and Manhattan.

I decided who would be third pretty quickly. The logo is designed nicely, but the others have color schemes that work better.

3. Minnesota

The next choice was much harder, but I eventually decided that the simplicity of the logo would be what placed this one in second place, what differentiated it from first...

2. San Francisco

And for first place, THE BEST LOGO IN THE SHL IS...

1. Manhattan

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Chicago easily has the best logo. No I'm not getting paid money by Velv to say this. The old one was alright, pretty busy, but the new one that Wasty? designed is clean and fits the mobster theme perfectly. Black and yellow also go perfect together.

My honest opinion I enjoy the design of Calgary Dragons. Black, Red, White, and Silver is their colour. The two colours of red and black best symbolism of a dragon. Red means blood and anger. Black means darkness and death. The logo for Calgary is definitely not like Pete's Dragon, but a furious dragon from either Harry Potter or Game of Thrones. 

SKATE fast EAT ass!

I don't think there are any bad logos in the league but I also don't really have a favorite one. If I had to choose something I'd say Hamilton, Edmonton and Toronto, mostly because I like the team colors.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

This league has great logos overall and personally I really like the Edmonton Blizzard's, not just the logo itself but the teams entire identity and color scheme.

The best logo is easily the Hamilton Steelhawks’s logo. What’s a steelhawk you may ask? Well you can’t ask them after you see the logo cause those things are fucking petrifying i wouldn’t want to touch them if I were you.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Tampa Bay obviously. Besides my personal biases as the general manager, the color scheme is very nice, and the barracuda itself is awesome. It's much better than the filthy Platoon logo anyways, so it wins as the best logo for a Florida team.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

I really like Toronto's logo. The North Stars in general do irk me sometimes because they remind me too much of the Leafs with their colour scheme, but their logo has a very cool and unique design.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Big Fan of Specters and Rage. Having Black as secondary color is a strong choice and really makes the teams feel hard. As a sharks fan and recent Tampa Bay draftee I would also say Tampa has a litt logo.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

I think the Calgary Dragons logo is the best. Why? Because Dragons kick ass that's why. Red and Black also happen to be some of my favorite colors. Dragons are strong and powerful and wipe out whoever stands against them. 

Close second to the Manhattan Rage, as mentioned by other people, clean logo with the Bull representing New York/Wall Street and the M with the empire state silhouette. Very clean.

[Image: hudson.png]

Tough call all the teams have great logos, but even though I am biased I think Chicago's new logo is the best. It's clean and a great job by Wasty to really nail the redesign of the original logo.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I'd have to say either Manhattan or Chicago have the best logos. I'm always fond of black and gold as a color scheme being from Pittsburgh. Black and red are also a great color scheme I'm a fan of. So that's why I picked both of those Smile

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

PT Pass, but I like NEW's new logo

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Gonna go with the Edmonton Blizzard logo Blizzard

The colors really sell it well for me personally, with the soft pleasing blue gradient to white transition thing they got going on. It also has like a fox thing on it, who doesn't love foxes?

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Buffalo has by far the best logo. The originality of the logo is more than any other team in the league. I also really like their color scheme

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page