Create Account

Draft Review (2x) Bale

My name is Bale and I am on the Winnipeg Jets and the Anaheim Outlaws. I am a biased person to be writing this article, but I will be looking at each draft pick from the first round. My opinion is not very knowledgeable, but my mock draft did well so you might as well trust me somewhat I guess. Whatever, here we go.

#1 Winnipeg Jets- Magnus Liljeström - Defenseman

My GM told us that we were going to take this player and I can honestly say that I had no idea who he was. I believe he is a Swede that plays on the loaded Detroit Falcons. I knew that we needed some defense to go with Vandy and Barron so I was definitely excited about the position. He appears to have a relatively balanced build and will be able to be an up and down, two-way defensemen. He not a great shot, but he is a very good passer. He reminds me of Miro Heiskanen in this regard. If he can be Miro Heiskanen? That would be incredible because Miro is a Dallas Star beast. From a TPE perspective, he already has 370 TPE and has hit the cap for his second season in the juniors of 350 TPE. He also has a very big bank account from writing articles and being active on the forum like a beast. I fully expect him to develop into a star defenseman and be a stud in the SHL. With the forward depth that Winnipeg has right now and Strom in net, it just makes sense to get the best defender. I love this pick, go Jets.

#2- Tampa Bay Barracuda- Ambaca Cuddles - Defenseman

Cpetrella wow, the guy with the virus. I hope he is feeling better now because he is a good user. I don't know anything about Cuddles either, but I think he is on the Kraken and we beat them so he is clearly my inferior. He is a defender's defender. A physical specimen that has no fear and will knock the crap out of anybody. I pretty much only watch the Dallas Stars so this reminds me of what Jamie Oleksiak does for them. But Oleksiak is pretty average, whereas Cuddles is at the top of his game. He did not give me good first impression because he had no real desire to come to Winnipeg :( He already has 396 TPE (roastpuff catch up), so he is already going to be capped and he is doing very well. Cuddles will develop into a very good player I like this pick and I feel like he is a very nice guy. I hope is virus is cured or he doesn't have it because I think that I love him, or her.

#3- Buffalo Stampede- Steve Harrington - Winger

All I'm saying is Steve Harrington is one of the greatest characters of all time in any show. Stranger Things will go down as an iconic piece of cinema, if it hasn't already. Anyways, Harrington is good at making big time plays for his team. He plays for the Berserkers and has emerged as a very talented player already. He also is a very established user being NeonLime. He is a superstar and has 369 TPE already, which is a lot. He is very good handling the puck and being able to pass it around the ice. Harrington has a very good reputation league wide and it feels like he will be the safest bet out of the forwards to turn into a super star. Harrington is a good fit for Buffalo, who appears to have a very good locker room. They had a need for some offensive fire power and even though they didn't get the biggest guy, they got one of the most big time stars.

#4- Texas Renegades- Edward Williams - Center

I don't know very much about Williams as a prospect, but for some reason it was very well known that he would end up on the Renegades. I don't know if he has had a player before, but Williams is a very strong prospect for the Detroit Falcons already (you will see a trend that there are a lot of good Falcons players in this first round). Williams is a strong, well built player. He had a very solid season in the juniors with the Renegades, and can likely be expected to bring that up to the big leagues. He is sitting at 359 TPE, a tad behind the picks ahead of him, but still a very good pace. He is a physical player and is good at screening as well as playmaking. Being a center, he has to be a very well-rounded player, being able to play a lot of different roles. His build is currently on that pace and he looks like a beast. If he stays active and continues to become a physical player, this will be a great pick for the Renegades, and I'm not talking about the Tik Tok dancers.

#5- Los Angeles Panthers- Jimmy Wagner - Winger

Jimmy Wagner is from the Carolina Kraken and is a young winger for them. He got drafted to the Los Angeles Panthers who have quite a few forwards that are getting up there in age, so he will be a good prospect for them to be able to add back into their system. He is another well built forward that is relatively large and strong compared to counterparts such as Steve Harrington. Wagner is a good pick here because he fills a need for the Panthers. He will end up being a solid player for the organization and has a similar vibe to Wastlund. He already has 360 TPE and is looking like a very solid player. He had a good performance last season and looks like he will want to be a speed demon that rips the puck at the net. Wagner should be a good fit and he has a pretty nice bank as he looks to develop into a star player. Good pick to trade up for.

#6- West Kendall Platoon- Ethan Duncan - Winger

Duncan is another winger, as there is a run for people to get wingers after the top two defensemen were taken. Duncan appears to be a pick that kind of fell into West Kendall's lap, as a lot of people think Wagner was their initial desire to pick. I don't know much about WKP, but I heard a lot of good things about Duncan leading up to the draft. It appears that he is on pace to be a very good player in the SHL. He hails from the Kelowna Knights and is known for how well positioned he is going both ways on the ice. He also has 360 TPE already. His physical attributes are very well balanced and he isn't super affluent as an offensive player yet. He does look like he will be a beast on the defensive side. Duncan is going to be a checking beast, he is set up to absolutely kill on the ice. I do not want to be playing against him because he is a tad bit scary. Seriously, West Kendall Platoon please call him up as soon as possible.

#7- Buffalo Stampede- Jaska Seppälä - Winger

The run continues! This was a pretty well known pick since he tried to demand where he goes, but a lot of people had him falling to the second round because of it. I'm glad somebody threatened to take him though because he is a good talent. Defensively he is a very balanced player, but offensively he very clearly wants to have an elite level shot and rack up points. It looks like he has a laser coming off of his stick and it looks like he is going to be looking to be up and down the ice quickly. He has 367 TPE and he has consistently been a strong earner. I'm not a huge Seppala fan because of the way that he demanded where he was going to go, but he is undoubtedly a strong talent and will end up being a good pick. Just not my cup of tea of what someone can do going into a draft. Cheers

#8- Toronto North Stars- Jack Kanoff - Defenseman

Another Defensemen! With a perverted name! Just my cup of tea. Jack Kanoff looks like he will be a good defenseman to pair with my friend Ursin Zimmerman, fellow SMJHL champion. I know this was a pick with a lot of questions coming into the draft, but Toronto decided to address their need for a defenseman. And what do you know, it is another Detroit Falcon just like I said would happen. He is a very good player for the Falcons, along with Liljestrom and Williams. He holds down the back for the two of them. Kanoff is a pretty balanced defender and looks to want to have an offensive impact on the game as well as being a stout defender. He is only at 329 TPE now, so he is lagging a tad behind the picks ahead of him. This does not take away from how good he is and has been, though. I like the pick, but they may have been able to get a better value from a player picked later on. The pool of defenseman is slightly shallower, so you can't blame them for this pick. Since my friend Ursin made this pick, I will trust that it is a good pick for the team.

#9- Calgary Dragons- Bradley Barkov - Defenseman

Oh, another run on the defenseman, that is nice to see. Obviously the Jets got the best one. Anyways, Barkov is a defenseman from the Colorado Raptors. He held down their blue line and looked like a stud doing it. Barkov is probably the most offensively affluent defender taken thus far in the draft. He currently sits at about 361 TPE when put on the same playing field as the other prospects. He is a very good passer and has a very good shot. I think this is a great pick for the Dragons because they need a little bit of help in their blue line pipeline and Barkov is new to the league and has a lot of excitement around him and for the league. He is going to develop into a similar player as Magnus Liljestrom, I believe. They appear to be friends and have relatively similar builds. These are the type of players that will turn into fantasy studs and be defensemen that help win championships. Great pick by the Dragons and they fill a need with a player that is passionate about the league. Great work Dragons <3

#10- Manhattan Rage- Jukka Timonnen - Defenseman

Another Berserker gets drafted in the first round of the SHL draft. Jukka Timonnen is the player that a lot of people thought the Stampede would take and try to let Seppala fall, but the rumor was that the Rage were challenging them. This is just the rumor that was coming down the pipeline to me. He is obviously worth a decent amount though because they were willing to trade up to acquire the blue liner. Timonnen is a pretty fast player for a defenseman. Unlike some of the ones taken earlier, he will not be the big bad bruiser like Cuddles, but he will be an absolute unit. I don't think he has had a player before, but he already has about 359 TPE, which is impressive for a guy who fell all the way down to number 10. The guy looks to be a solid player and I think that he will be similar to a lot of defenseman in this class that appear to value offense a lot in this transition. Interesting build for a guy I haven't heard much of, we will see.

#11- Chicago Syndicate- Ryuuji Minamino - Winger

Wow another winger. And another winger from the New Zealand Berserkers. This guy appears to be a pretty solid player as he currently sits at about 349 TPE. He is a two-way forward, as he has in no way neglected his need to be sound on the defensive end of the ice. I'm pretty sure he was apart of the big group of people that did a huge draft preview. Seems active and excited to be in the league, so that is nice. He (or it I don't know the gender of that name) looks to be primarily a playmaker on the wing and looks to be setting up his linemates on a platter. He appears to have a relatively accurate shot, but a pretty weak one. Kind of like a John Klingberg to me, great offensive weapon, but doesn't have a very good shot. I think this is a good pick for a team with some good defensemen coming up, but having quite a few forwards that are either facing or closing in on regression. With that in mind and him still being a solid player, it only makes sense for this pick to take place. Sorry Kylrad!

#12- Tampa Bay Barracuda- Valentín Kalashnikov - Defenseman

I know absolutely nothing about this guy. Apparently he plays for the Maine Timber and is a defenseman. He seems like he will one day be a very good player considering he currently has about 340 TPE. This guy seems like he is becoming a very good defenseman based on the amount of TPE that he is racking up and still being there at the 12th pick. He is definitely defending oriented, unlike some other defenseman. He is a relatively big and aggressive defender. I believe he will also be in the Cuddles mold of being a checker, big hitting, just an absolute killer. I know the Barracuda need defenders, so they will be able to have two very solid defensemen to compliment their offense with the defense they now have. Some very solid products and we have now seen an even amount of blue liners go as forwards and centers. This is the first Timber player off the board and he is a good one to come off. Quiet guy for what seems like a pretty quiet team.

#13- New Orleans Spectre- Erben Kasius - Defenseman

Wow, we are having quite a little run of defensemen. Kasius is an absolute beauty of a player. Probably the best defenseman remaining, this pick made since for New Orleans to replenish their blue line. His name is Paq and he has a very cute avatar which instantly makes him a good pick in my books. He is at about 318 TPE, but hasn't bought the equipment yet. He clearly wants to be a defenseman that makes a huge impact on the offensive end. Most of his offensive statistics are better looking than his defensive ones. He has a cannon for a shot and is able to set up some shots onto platters for his teammates. I am very confident that Kasius will be a good pick for where he is taken. He will likely be back down in Saint Louis with the Scarecrows again and he may be on a bit slower of a call up timeline than other players taken so far in the draft.

#14- Winnipeg Jets- Reid Sutherland - Center

Wow another teammate for me in the prospect pipeline. Potentially an eventual linemate and the center to set me up on a platter to rack up goals? Sounds like a perfect pick to me! In all seriousness, Sutherland is also from the Detroit Falcons (you guys need to chill out) and he is also a very solid earner. He has about 356 TPE, so he is also already capped out for this season, which actually sucks for Bale. He is, however, a very solid player and he will find some comfort being able to play alongside Liljestrom. His build is also pretty balanced since he is built as a center and he also is a player based on being able to set his teammates up on a platter. He will likely be a guy who is a playmaker for his teams now and in the future. I predict that he will develop to run a line with Bale one day. Just a hunch I have.

#15- San Francisco Pride- Sven Svenson - Winger

Back to back non-defensemen. About freaking time am I right? I don't know who this guy is, but I know I saw a lot of mocks having him a decent bit higher and I saw a decent number of mocks having him lower. So I guess he was drafted in the perfect spot? Anyways, he is a winger that is going to the runner-ups and he already has 347 TPE. Those are some really good numbers for a guy getting picked at number 15. He also has a job within the league, so he is a stud in my opinion. The player is an offensive minded forward with a primary focus on puck handling and scoring. His speed doesn't leave much to be desired either, so he will be a speedy forward racking up goals if all goes to plan. He has all of the makings and weapons to become a superstar of the San Francisco Pride pipeline.

#16- Edmonton Blizzard- William Hartmann- Winger

A close to the round comes the Blizzard's pick that they traded back to from number ten. Hartmann is the brother of one of my teammates in Winnipeg and I found out about him on draft day. The guy seems like a pretty hard worker considering he already has about 340 TPE. It's pretty crazy to me that this draft is so deep he fell here. Well, the Blizzard definitely need forwards and this will help them address that need. A pretty quiet user, Hartmann created a winger that is primarily set up well to pass the buck around and be more of a creator, but he also has finishing ability in himself. His physical attributes have nothing that really stick out, but it is well balanced. If he could work on his physical ability a bit more, along with hit defense, he will become a better player for the future. Good pick Blizzard, good work there.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

Jets Jets Jets

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Im not a big fan of you either buddy

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Zomb is an angel put some respect on his name

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

L

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Jet fuel melt player brain

RETIRED

Breaking news: A career Stampeder wants to continue playing with his friends

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

oi wow it gets sent in team discord and the whole crew comes running! OLE!!!

03-18-2020, 10:40 AMjfisherr Wrote: Breaking news: A career Stampeder wants to continue playing with his friends

if an entire draft class retired and wanted to play with their friends, that would be pretty whack for them all to demand where they go no? I just don't agree with demanding where you go and if I used this as my argument to change argument, it would be a bit of a fallacy if it were subject to extrapolation. Cheers though, I will try to please you next time!

03-18-2020, 10:54 AMWallflower Wrote:
03-18-2020, 10:40 AMjfisherr Wrote: Breaking news: A career Stampeder wants to continue playing with his friends

if an entire draft class retired and wanted to play with their friends, that would be pretty whack for them all to demand where they go no? I just don't agree with demanding where you go and if I used this as my argument to change argument, it would be a bit of a fallacy if it were subject to extrapolation. Cheers though, I will try to please you next time!
I mean, he didn’t limit it to only Buffalo. We picked him 7th Overall. I don’t know what there is to be upset about here?

Not exactly a new phenomenon in this league for recreates to have a shortlist of where they want to play. Some even only have a single team on their list i.e. 90% of the recreates that return to Calgary Wink

03-18-2020, 11:03 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
03-18-2020, 10:54 AMWallflower Wrote: if an entire draft class retired and wanted to play with their friends, that would be pretty whack for them all to demand where they go no? I just don't agree with demanding where you go and if I used this as my argument to change argument, it would be a bit of a fallacy if it were subject to extrapolation. Cheers though, I will try to please you next time!
I mean, he didn’t limit it to only Buffalo. We picked him 7th Overall. I don’t know what there is to be upset about here?

Not exactly a new phenomenon in this league for recreates to have a shortlist of where they want to play. Some even only have a single team on their list i.e. 90% of the recreates that return to Calgary  Wink

he had buffalo and chi and the rumbling was he cut Chi even, then people were trading to 10 to take him so you guys wouldn't actually end up with him at 17, no? This is at least what a Buffalo player was telling me Smile

I'll tell you what, next time I write a media with any opinion in it, I will send it to Buffalo first. Deal?

03-18-2020, 11:05 AMWallflower Wrote:
03-18-2020, 11:03 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: I mean, he didn’t limit it to only Buffalo. We picked him 7th Overall. I don’t know what there is to be upset about here?

Not exactly a new phenomenon in this league for recreates to have a shortlist of where they want to play. Some even only have a single team on their list i.e. 90% of the recreates that return to Calgary  Wink

he had buffalo and chi and the rumbling was he cut Chi even, then people were trading to 10 to take him so you guys wouldn't actually end up with him at 17, no? This is at least what a Buffalo player was telling me Smile

I'll tell you what, next time I write a media with any opinion in it, I will send it to Buffalo first. Deal?
Now that the draft has passed, I can safely say that we were always going to take Zombie at 5 (then 7).

Funny how there are all these theories floating around about Buffalo trying to game the system.

03-18-2020, 11:08 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
03-18-2020, 11:05 AMWallflower Wrote: he had buffalo and chi and the rumbling was he cut Chi even, then people were trading to 10 to take him so you guys wouldn't actually end up with him at 17, no? This is at least what a Buffalo player was telling me Smile

Now that the draft has passed, I can safely say that we were always going to take Zombie at 5 (then 7).

Funny how there are all these theories floating around about Buffalo trying to game the system.

very funny, next time i will pm my article to all the GM's and have them proofread it before i say their draftee's actions are "not my cup of tea" Cheers

Thanks for the feedback buffalo!

03-18-2020, 11:10 AMWallflower Wrote:
03-18-2020, 11:08 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Now that the draft has passed, I can safely say that we were always going to take Zombie at 5 (then 7).

very funny, next time i will pm my article to all the GM's and have them proofread it before i say their draftee's actions are "not my cup of tea" Cheers

It’s literally just me you’re talking to.

03-18-2020, 11:11 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
03-18-2020, 11:10 AMWallflower Wrote: very funny, next time i will pm my article to all the GM's and have them proofread it before i say their draftee's actions are "not my cup of tea" Cheers

It’s literally just me you’re talking to.
uh the replies on this thread (excluding this conversation) are 5 buffalo and 1 winnipeg so ?