Create Account

Preseason in Vancouver

477 words

Here we are. The SMJHL preseason is officially over and we’re all extremely excited for the regular season to start. There has been quite some chaos during the offseason where the league heads have, well, put their heads together to make sure we have a smooth transition to the new league setup. In Vancouver we have seen a lot of back and forth on what we as players should focus on from now on with the new rules, referees and the new way of playing the game we all love. Everyone has been extremely supportive and helpful, and as far as I’m aware, rookies and seniors alike are happy with the development we have been able to get done this offseason. Both that which affects the entire team, and also on an individual level.

We know very well, as both experts and amateurs have commented several times these last few weeks, that Vancouver is not expected to do very well this upcoming season. But we are not letting that put us down. The entire locker room has been hyping up every game this preseason. Even though they technically do not mean much in the big scheme of things, they mean a lot to us as a team just because of the fact that we are expected to do poorly. We have taken that external negativity and turned it into positivity and a “We’ll show them!” attitude. We are cheering each other on after every play and learning from our mistakes when the puck does not bounce where we want it to.

I really have to give kudos to our management team @dmills3 and @SecondSucks22, and of course also to our scouting team, for the players they found and brought in to the team in the last SMJHL entry draft. These rookies have really energized the locker room and especially myself who I guess we could now consider a veteran by SMJHL standards, going into my third season. With the whispers going around that I will be called up to the SHL next season I already know that I will really miss this team we have in Vancouver right now.

But let us not look off into the distance with tears in our eyes. Right now the regular season is about to begin and we know we can stand up against any team in the SMJHL! The preseason proves this(excluding that one game where our goalie @Skeleton Party was drugged and replaced by a dummy). So for now we are working hard in preparation for the regular season, making sure everyone on the team gets what they need to grow as a player. And while the start might be slow as we familiarize ourselves with the new league setup, the Vancouver Whalers is definitely not a team that you should discount when it comes to cup contention!

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

this true

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 07:55 PM by Dextaria.)

Well said! I look forward to learning and improving with you as a defensive partner this coming season.

Whalers  Let's Go Whalers!  Whalers

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Pumped for the upcoming season! I think we're going to surprise a lot of people.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson