Create Account

SHL Media Announcement – March 31 2020

Hello everyone,
For those that haven’t seen the job posting, I am the new SHL Media Head. I know there were frustrations with the previous way that things were handled and I’ve been at work fixing the easy things and getting ready to implement a few new things for the near future. I decided to do this patch notes style so here we go:

Media Team

- All the current media graders remain. No one has been fired from their job.
- Grading schedule has been changed to resemble the SMJHL Media grading schedule.
- Graders pay will be affected if they miss out on grading without prior notice or missing their turn too many times
- This means that each grader, grades less at a time so they can focus on better grading things to give out better bonuses.
- This means that graders will grade more regularly
- The current monthly grading schedule will be as follows:

5th – Zoone16 + Hallsy
              10th - 39alska39 + TheHockeyist
              15th - scruffdaddy + StadiumGambler
              20th – Zoone16 + Hallsy
              25th - 39alaska39 + TheHockeyist
              30th - scruffdaddy + StadiumGambler

Media Content

- SHL Media Rules were updated to state that non-SHL related media will not be graded.
- Prior pinned announcements of rule changes have been merged into the SHL Media Rules to clean up pinned content

Future Content

- After looking at @luketd ‘s media contest, we are working with him to see how best we can implement it in SHL Media.
- Currently looking for ideas and feedback on how best to implement this.

How open should the theme be? Should there be multiple sub-themes instead and users can pick & choose?
                      Our goal is to make these not feel like an extended PT for money.
                      Flat payout structure vs fixed bonus payout structure

- Send me your suggestions/feedback in a PM with [Media Contest Feedback] in the title.

If you have any concerns, comments, or feedback, do not hesitate to post a comment or PM me directly.

Thank You
Zoone16
SHL Media Head

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

grats zoone!

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

I didnt even get pinged for this. oof

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I should do some media

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

What can I talk about now?

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

03-31-2020, 09:49 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: What can I talk about now?

Lottery balls.

Why'd the devs nerf copypasta?

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Legit question here when it comes to SHL-related content. So if I do 2000 words and assign each team a spirit animal or something like that, will it still count?

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Congrats @"ThatDamnMcJesus"

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

03-31-2020, 11:34 AMLeoben Wrote: Legit question here when it comes to SHL-related content.  So if I do 2000 words and assign each team a spirit animal or something like that, will it still count?

That's fine. Because even though it's abstract, it's still put in a way that relates to the SHL. I'm talking about a few people who recently just posted random non-SHL related content, expecting to be paid because nothing in the rules stated that they couldn't. This is me squashing that loophole in writing.

03-31-2020, 12:03 PMZoone16 Wrote:
03-31-2020, 11:34 AMLeoben Wrote: Legit question here when it comes to SHL-related content.  So if I do 2000 words and assign each team a spirit animal or something like that, will it still count?

That's fine. Because even though it's abstract, it's still put in a way that relates to the SHL. I'm talking about a few people who recently just posted random non-SHL related content, expecting to be paid because nothing in the rules stated that they couldn't. This is me squashing that loophole in writing.

Cool! Thanks for clarifying.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

I would like to have the Wuhan Coronavirus as SHL Team! Can you figure it out for our league?

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

So here is a question. With these groups making legitimate analysis or video summaries of the box scores and such, can we have a location form those to be sorted after they are graded so that they are easy for users to access after the fact rather than being grouped in with everyother article on ranking teams vs how much blue they have in their logo and stuff.

03-31-2020, 01:34 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: So here is a question. With these groups making legitimate analysis or video summaries of the box scores and such, can we have a location form those to be sorted after they are graded so that they are easy for users to access after the fact rather than being grouped in with everyother article on ranking teams vs how much blue they have in their logo and stuff.

Someone can make an index thread. (see oldest article not graded - Hot Potato Trophy Index) and link the articles in it. I would think this is the best course of action.

03-31-2020, 01:40 PMZoone16 Wrote:
03-31-2020, 01:34 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: So here is a question. With these groups making legitimate analysis or video summaries of the box scores and such, can we have a location form those to be sorted after they are graded so that they are easy for users to access after the fact rather than being grouped in with everyother article on ranking teams vs how much blue they have in their logo and stuff.

Someone can make an index thread. (see oldest article not graded - Hot Potato Trophy Index) and link the articles in it. I would think this is the best course of action.

alright, just want to make sure that things like that are available. I know i discussed having stuff like this before for people who only visit once a week to get a recap of the week, and want to be sure these people can see some of that good content rather than some of the other, less pertinent stuff.