Create Account

GroupMeIsKindOfOkay Suspension
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2020, 05:49 PM by nour.)

Hello again SHL Community,

Following the recent suspension of Ace, site user @GroupMeIsKindOfOkay broke conduct guidelines cited in the SHL Rulebook under Section 2, Subsection J, Article 3, which reads:

Code:
3. Personal Attacks/Forum Related Discipline
a. Personal attacks, excessive trolling and trolling in a malicious way, baiting and spamming, racist or homophobic remarks, general hate speech and any other types of comments that are meant to slander members of a certain religious, ethnic group, or those with disabilities will not be tolerated.

In Grok’s recent thunderdome post about Ace, GroupMe made a comment deemed by the SHL Head Office as marginalizing those with disabilities by using their condition as an insult. We just recently punished for a breach of the SHL’s conduct policy, and we’re sending the message that all users are going to be held to the same standard.

The punishment for GroupMeIsKindOfOkay is as follows:

- Suspension of GroupMe’s player Carole Baskin of 3 games upon signing with their SMJHL team
- GroupMe will receive a one week forum posting ban, which will allow him to view the forums but will be unable to post for the duration of the ban. This ban will begin tonight, Tuesday, April 14th at 6:00PM EST and will run until the following Tuesday, April 21st at 6:00PM EST.

Let me be really clear right now about the SHL’s policy for conduct on the site. SHL Head Office isn’t taking into consideration what the site was like 5+ years ago when marginalizing and prejudiced language was an okay thing. There is a ZERO tolerance policy on language or rhetoric that is homophobic, racist, ableist, or discriminatory/marginalizing of any group of people. It doesn’t matter what your position on the site is, you will be held to the EXACT same standard as everyone else in cases like this. Be mindful of your words and conduct, and let’s make this a place thats welcoming and accepting for people of ALL walks of life.

Tagging @BadWolf and @Kalakar for their own awareness once GroupMe signs with an SMJHL team

Thank you,
SHL Head Office

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

LMAOOOOOOO

That god damn bitch Carole Baskin

[Image: 336.jpg]

Imagine the kids on this site now 4 years ago. It would have been a total bloodbath

GroupMeIsKindOfOkay? More like AutisticIsn'tSomethingYouCanSay

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

fuck off Carl

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

i thought TD was a scared hallowed ground

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

04-14-2020, 04:18 PMCarlz Wrote: Imagine the kids on this site now 4 years ago. It would have been a total bloodbath

Ok there tough guy

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

04-14-2020, 04:18 PMCarlz Wrote: Imagine the kids on this site now 4 years ago. It would have been a total bloodbath
Yeah its a shame we can’t insult people in ways that are derogatory anymore, but I guess the consequence of the entire world growing up.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Joe Exotic has entered the chat

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Carl you quit the league because someone said Brandon Sutter sucks

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

04-14-2020, 04:21 PMnour Wrote:
Yeah its a shame we can’t insult people in ways that are derogatory anymore

Agreed bud nice to know we're on the same page

04-14-2020, 04:22 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote:

LMAO

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

No I retired my player and then un-retired him a few days later
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2020, 04:25 PM by Carlz.)

Also I would like to take this time to set the record straight, the actual argument was JT saying Brandon Sutter was just as good as Jordan Staal and me calling him a moron for it.