Create Account

Deenerys Targa-rene/DidierDrogba Suspension

04-15-2020, 11:00 AM.bojo Wrote: [Image: IMG-20200415-010146.jpg]
4 years later and you're still on here posting pictures of your cat lol

What a life

04-15-2020, 10:54 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: And even though it is a slight troll I am legitimately offended by the way that term was used to classify a whole section of people. World view lol OK

Bro that's literally the whole point of the term. Boomers, millennials, silent generation, best generation, zoomers they're all just words for generations of people. It just so happens that boomers have gotten the reputation for being the things you aren't happy with being labeled as (and that's generally what I see regardless of if it's true). Millennials have the reputation of being extremely left leaning and broke as fuck.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-15-2020, 11:05 AMスウェグキング Wrote: Ageism is a thing but apparently its cool in 2020

Oh Christ almighty not this shit again.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

Thread revival

[Image: 336.jpg]

04-15-2020, 11:06 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-15-2020, 10:54 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: And even though it is a slight troll I am legitimately offended by the way that term was used to classify a whole section of people. World view lol OK

Bro that's literally the whole point of the term. Boomers, millennials, silent generation, best generation, zoomers they're all just words for generations of people. It just so happens that boomers have gotten the reputation for being the things you aren't happy with being labeled as (and that's generally what I see regardless of if it's true). Millennials have the reputation of being extremely left leaning and broke as fuck.

So then you're saying it's OK to use it in a derogatory manner but the other stuff is not, just want to be clear

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Barnabas makes a good point. The derogatory form of the word Boomer has come to run against a lot of the ideals that it's meant to run counter to.

I think part of the problem is that, in broad strokes, the perception of older generations is racist, misogynistic, and the rest. That's not to say it's true; broad strokes. Unfortunately, there isn't a better term to take its place yet. Put more plainly "Ok, Asshole" just doesn't have the same effect in calling attention to behavior.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Are we allowed to put the definitions of offensive words in here now

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

How many people can we ban this week?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

04-15-2020, 11:10 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Barnabas makes a good point. The derogatory form of the word Boomer has come to run against a lot of the ideals that it's meant to run counter to.

I think part of the problem is that, in broad strokes, the perception of older generations is racist, misogynistic, and the rest. That's not to say it's true; broad strokes. Unfortunately, there isn't a better term to take its place yet. Put more plainly "Ok, Asshole" just doesn't have the same effect in calling attention to behavior.

I'm OK with OK asshole Wink

The line is when you're talking about a protected class of people, which "boomers" are not.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 11:12 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

04-15-2020, 11:11 AMGrapehead Wrote: The line is when you're talking about a protected class of people, which "boomers" are not.

Age discrimination is in most cases tho.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_group

Age (40 and over) – Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-15-2020, 11:10 AMZombiewolf Wrote: Are we allowed to put the definitions of offensive words in here now
Did it offend you?

04-15-2020, 11:11 AMGrapehead Wrote: The line is when you're talking about a protected class of people, which "boomers" are not.

Thank you for being the voice of reason Grape

04-15-2020, 11:12 AMスウェグキング Wrote:

Age discrimination is in most cases tho.

There isn't an eyerolling gif big enough. The term "boomer" is not age discrimination on its own.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
§ § 621-634), is the primary federal law that prohibits employers from discriminating against employees and applicants who are at least 40 years old based on age. ... It also applies to state governments, although their employees cannot sue them directly for age discrimination.