Create Account

GroupMeIsKindOfOkay Banned from the SHL

I gotta say I'm kinda torn on this one. On the one hand I believe that Alex has been a toxic element in this league not just since his return but for years before that as well, contributing little to nothing of value and just enjoying being a dick for the heck of it. It's not like these recent two suspensions were the first ones in his otherwise spotless career either, he had racked up like half a a dozen other punishments back in the day when he was really active, so he definitely got what was coming to him.

On the other hand, the transgression that ultimately led to the ban was a pretty weak one. A permaban for rep-spamming is very harsh, even when taking account all the other stuff surrounding this punishment. Well I guess you could see it as kind of a Capone and his taxes situation, but still... I guess at the end of the day it's about the general approach that we want to take towards these kinds of punishments and whether we take a rather legalist one were we only suspend people based on isolated specific transgressions, or if we take a broader and more generalized approach thats based on peoples (perceived) intentions and general behaviour patterns around the forum that allows to conclude whether we think they want to be productive members or not. The latter is definitely a valid approach and probably the better one for a forum too, but it is also the one that is a bit more open to misuses of power and overbearing league authority. I'm not saying that this is what happens here, but that's is something to keep in mind and to stay vigilant aboutl.

Messages In This Thread
GroupMeIsKindOfOkay Banned from the SHL - by nour - 04-18-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: GroupMeIsKindOfOkay Banned from the SHL - by RomanesEuntDomus - 04-19-2020, 11:53 AM