Create Account

Drizzy Drake's Pre-Draft interview

As all of you know, The NWJHL is just around the corner. On Monday to be more precise. After a long and hardworking season in the OHL drizzy is ready for the next big thing in his career. the NWJHL. This years draft is deep with some great players. Today we had the chance to sit down with ne of the top prospects in this years draft "Drizzy Drake." Drizzy Is a projected top 3 pick in this years draft, but you never know, because some wild things tend to happen on draft day.

[Image: reilly.png]
Drizzy drake at the Draft Combine

Interview Hey there drizzy, thanks for being here with us today. With the NWJHL draft tomorrow, would you say you are ready?

Drizzy: Sure i am. I mean this is something i dreamed about when i was a kid. Being in the OHL was a great experience for me but now thats past. I dont know where im going to end up , but i would just be happy playing in the NWJHL and im sure tomorrow will be an interesting and fun day. Im been trying a lot harder these past 2 weeks and have gained 20 lbs in muscle. Ive also been working on the aspects of my game that need improvement. Its been a tough 2 weeks but im sure its gonna be worth it.

Interview How do you feel with people putting you as a potential top 3 pick? I mean do you think this is realistic. Would u rate yourself higher?

Drizzy: Well there obviously has to be a reason why people put me that high. I dont know where im going to end up for sure. and i dont even know if im going to get drafted in the first round. I mean this years draft is deep with great prospects so im just focused right now on improving my game, and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Interview You have been marked as one of the best Defenseman in this years draft, do you agree with this?

Drizzy: Sure. Something like that is always good to hear, but there alot of great Defensemen in this years draft. Like i said before i dont really worry about these types of things, im just trying harder by the day and focusing on becoming a better player.

Interview Where do you think you will end up tomorrow? and have any teams contacted you yet?

Drizzy: Well i honestly have no idea, i mean its just and honour being drafted in the NWJHL but the teams i could possibly go to would ne the knights, firebirds, impacts,whalers. Well i could be going to any of the 6 teams actually, you never know what happens on draft day.

Interview How do you feel about the firebirds as an organization?

Drizzy: I really do like the birds. I think there a great team with good Gms who know what there doing. I think this is a successful team and being champions this past year ithink they will do great again this year.

Interview How do you feel about the knights?

Drizzy: I really like the knights aswell. I love there city, fans, organization. Its a great team overall. I really like there logo and jerseys. I think the knights are a great team and will have a strong season.

Interview Tell us about the impact.

Drizzy: The impact have a great organization, some amazing Gm'S great city and obviously growing up a kid i was an impact fan so it would just be surrreal to play for them. But tomorrow is a big day and i dont know where im going to end up. Ill be happy going anywhere but obviously going to monteal would just be surreal. But we wil see what happens on draft day because you never know.

Interview Are there any teams you prefer over the others?

Drizzy: There are definitely teams i may have some more interest in, but it all comes down to teams that are interested in me. Like i said before in the end i will just be happy that i got a chance to play in the NWJHL and it would definitely be a surreal experience. I dont really care where i end up on but wherever i do i know i will try my hardest to make sure we win and have a succesful season.

Interview You have talked about getting better and improving your certain aspects of your game , what have you really worked on getting better these past 2 weeks?

Drizzy: Well as a player i want to be the best i can. I want to reach my maximum potential. But that takes time. These past few weeks have been tough and fun. Ive been working on my strength endruance, ive also been working on the ice with some of my coaches to improve passing a bit more and skating. Overall im jsut going to keep trying my hardest and try to become the complete package.

Interview With the firebirds getting the number 1 pick in the draft, do you think they will draft you?

Drizzy: I have no idea, like i said before just being drafted in the NWJHL is a dream come true. I dont know if im going first overall or last, but i will just keep on trying and do my best. There so many other great players that i honestly right now dont know where i am going to end up Smile.

Interview Tell us, are you more excited or nervous for tomorrow?

Drizzy: A bit of both. Its been a dream of mine and tomorrow just being there hearing my name called out from the mic would just be crazy. I mesan i never believed i would come this far and for that i would like to thank everyone thats helped me in my career. I am really excited but kinda nervous to. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Interview Well drizzy, it wil be interesting to see what team you end up with tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a successful career. You've been trying really hard and working very hard and i hope you do just fine.

Drizzy: Thanks and one last thing, i would like to wish every draftee good luck, because tomorrow's the day where dreams come true. Some of us might be teammates, some of us rivals. Good luck tomorrow guys.!!! and thanks for having me. Smile
[Image: Reilly_AB70666-240x300.jpg]

Pictures: 2
Words:1087

Good stuff diglet, good luck in the draft! Tongue