Create Account

Graphics Grading and where we go from here

04-27-2020, 11:02 PMWasty Wrote:
04-27-2020, 10:42 PMDollarAndADream Wrote: I definitely agree with that overall, but I don't think that directly applies here.

When people come to the SHL, they get told they have to earn money to maximize their TPE. Then they're told the 2 big options of earning money outside of contracts are doing media or graphics. Whether you love doing those or not, you're basically doing them for the money, at least to start. At least in the beginning, people are literally doing graphics/media for the money, especially if you're just starting out and have no idea about the league or what to write about/do graphics for.

Doing graphics for the love and fun of it does come with it down the road, but that's after some trial and error and knowing how to even use Photoshop/whatever properly.
What I meant more isn’t to push people away from graphics, the money is there when they put more than just trying to make money. The work gets better when the motivation isn’t JUST money.

The more people quit it’s because they’re so dependent on thinking this is just for money and only produce graphics with just that motivation, which hurts their work, their development and their payout. Then they quit thinking there’s no money in graphics, but there is when you’re consistently making them and getting better NOT caring how much they’re doing to make but knowing they’re going to get paid atleast something.

When I started I wasn’t making 4/5s and 5/5s all the time but I continued to get better and consistently submitted graphics and made the bank I have now.

Just waiting for one week to do graphics? Of course there’s no money in graphics if you do it once a season. Consistent work gets consistent payouts.

And with that mentality wouldn't you want to nurture that enthusiasm and not drive it away with a super strong critique off the bat and barely any reward? Because you know that's exactly what is given, and it does absolutely nothing to help that person be interested in submitting anything ever again 95% of the time.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics Grading and where we go from here - by Weretarantula - 04-27-2020, 11:08 PM