Create Account

Impact Add a RW Destined for Greatness

Impact Add a RW Destined For Greatness

The Montreal Impact are now in full off season mode as they prepare for the upcoming draft. The scouts are making their final trips and the general managers and their draft team are beginning to set up their draft board as the draft quickly approaches. During a pre draft scouting meeting with the Montreal Impact staff, Darian Scherbluk received a call from Toronto North Stars general manager Krever about another player that he was planning to send down this season to the Montreal Impact. This player has a lot of potential and with the right coaching and guidance these he can develop into top six forwards for the North Stars in the near future. This right wing has a high upside and is just scratching the surface of his max potentials. To become an elite forward in the SHL he will have to be willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears it takes to reach greatness.

So you may be wondering who is this forward I am talking about...well its none other than offensive forward Phil Schenn! Schenn will be getting the opportunity to play with the Montreal Impact throughout season nine. Phil had played his junior season with the Los Angeles Archange were he put up some average numbers with nine points in twenty one games. It seemed like he was just trying to just find his game and adjust to this faster pace game at one of the top junior hockey leagues in the world. Phil already showed improvement during the season eight NWJHL playoffs as he picked up his scoring pace and score seven points in seven games. Sadly though the Archange ended up losing in the first round of the playoffs in a hard fought seven game series. This was the end to Schenn’s junior season and he just wished he could have had the chance to raise the four star cup.

[Image: d454feab432e89e76ecbe818ba98.jpeg]
(Phil celebrates a game winning goal as he forces a game seven in the first round of the playoffs but he would soon experience the disappointment of losing a game seven)

Then in the season nine SHL draft the Toronto North Stars selected him in the second round of the draft knowing that this player has the potential to be an elite forward in the SHL one day. After having an average junior season the North Stars decided that they would give Phil another season into NWJHL to help develop his game. This young forward is looking to have a breakout year with the Impact this season and after already having a year of experience in the juniors I see all sign’s point toward Schenn leading the Impact in goals this season.

The addition of Phil Schenn for the Impact means that they will have that “true sniper” on their teams that can score at any given time and has to be kept in check at all times of the game. Phil has one of the quickest releases in the league and his accuracy is just incredible as if you give him just a bit of space this guys wire the puck to the exact point of where the goalie has no chance of saving the puck. NWJHL defenders better keep a close eye on Phil this season or he will burn you. This player has the potential to rack up thirty goals this season and be the Impact leading goal scorer.

[Image: 4a22728d4b8d990cfb0b192e0d2c.jpeg]
(Phil has a deadly shot that should wreak havoc on all goalies throughout the NWJHL in the upcoming season)

Now we had a chance to speak with Phil Schenn as he flew into Montreal to get ready for training camp which will be starting up soon.

Interview Welcome Phil to Montreal and thanks for taking the time to sit down with us today. Many Impact fans are excited to hear that you will be playing with the team next season and hope that you can help lead the team back to the championship.

Interview Now what was your reaction to being drafted by the Toronto North Stars in the second round of the season nine SHL draft?

Phil Schenn: I was extremely excited because not only was that the team i wanted to go to but i went there with an active goalie in Serpe and its great to be able to play with a goalie as talented as Serpe. I also was excited because I knew it would be great to have another season with Ochocinco asI was coached by him last season as he was the Las Agnelas Archangles general manager.

Interview What do you plan to accomplish this season in the NWJHL after being sent down to the juniors?

Phil Schenn: I am not overly surprised of being sent down to the juniors but I am hoping I can score a little more then I did last year. I also want to help guide some rookies this season who are on the Impact. I hope I can bond with my fellow North Stars as well.

Interview How does it feel to get an awesome opportunity to play in the hockey capital of the world here in Montreal?

Phil Schenn: Other then the fact that I am going to have to learn French it is great. I know Montreal is a great place to play and after playing against Montreal last year I know the fans love their Impact and are very into the sport here. Montreal also has some great food Wink

Interview What are some of the on and off ice qualities do thinking you can provide for the Impact this season?

Phil Schenn: I can bring a great attitude and a good locker room presence. I hope I can help some of the rookies develop into a great player and be a leader on the team. I will also bring an elite scoring ability and also someone who can pass the puck as well.

Interview Final question, what is your biggest strength you bring to the Impact and what is one area of your game you would like to improve this season?

Phil Schenn: My biggest strength is definitely my scoring talent. I had just 6 goals and 3 assists last year during the season but in the playoffs I got moved onto the first line and I showed very well that I am an elite scorer getting four goals and three assists in just seven games. I know I can improve on defence as it is not too bad but I want to be reliable in both ends of the ice.

Interview Thank you for the interview Phil and we are looking forward to speaking with you again throughout the season.

This player will help the Impact in many ways this season from his various offensive talents from setting up clean and crisp passes to sniping goals top shelf by opposing goalies. Montreal is lucky to add a first line forward to their roster before the draft. The Montreal Impact are hoping that Phil Schenn can bring the same scoring touch Armin Brovalchuk did for the Impact last season and lead the way offensively. Last season a big reason why the Impact were not able to win a championship was because of their lack of offense. So can Phil Schenn fix the Impact’s offensive struggles from last season??? All I can say is we will soon find out.

[Image: phil_kessel_wallpaper.jpg]

(1,250 words 3 pictures * credit goes to phil schenn for the interview)

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Welcome Phil (eve though I'm not an impact...) lol

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

good read, and i look forward to playing with you or against you this upcoming sesason

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Look forward to playing with some of you draftees as im sure it will be a great season for the impact. Thanks leafs. Great article.

With the likes of Schenn, I know we're going to be awesome this season!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

LET'S GO SCHENN! U AND SERPE BETTER LEAD THE IMPACT TO VICTORY!

And leafsftw1967...VIVE L'IMPACT

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Phil Schenn: Other then the fact that I am going to have to learn French it is great.
Luckily I'm not Montreal GM or you would be benched <_<