Create Account

S54 Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2020, 04:33 PM by Katth.)

Knights  Knights  Knights

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the co-GM. We finished last season with losing the Four Star Cup Finals unfortunately, but we're looking for new players to help us return to the finals & walk away victorious this time. Below are some questions to help us decide who would fit in our organization. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? 

10. Anything else you would like us to know?

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

1. yes
2. winning
3. bad muthafucka
4. Dont care
5. barely any
6. nothing
7. Dunno
8. Being in quarantine
9. Yes
10. I was an OG knight

04-18-2020, 01:58 PMnour Wrote: we received 2 complaints from Site Member @caltroit_red_flames about his site rep being brigaded
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 10:42 PM by WannabeFinn.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

Yeah I been in a hockey sim league for a minute

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

They’re equally important duh

Luca Sbisa

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

Depends where I play and when Buffalo needs me

Not much but money isn’t a problem

League-wide disdain

Cheers

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

Snake jazz

You tell me

I was on Kelowna in Season 19. Fun times.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)

Nope, this is my first Sim League.

Obviously I would rather win than lose, but I think a solid locker room is important.

I am going after an Erik Karlsson-like build for my player.

I am not too sure how long a build usually takes, so I will go with 3-4 years.

I am trying to do media when I have material to write with to make money, but I have no experience in any graphic design. 

I'm pretty calm for the most part, I will contribute if I have something to say but I'm no overwhelming force there. As for the player? Some offense from the blue line while trying to stay defensively responsible.

They're the reason I started watching the Canucks, so it was a pretty emotional night.

I play a few video games, other than that it was watching games until..

Yes, you guys are one of the teams that have made somewhat of an impression so far.

Not that I can really think of, no. 

1. Yes, NSFL for one year.

2. Locker room, everyday.

3. An all around player Basically John Carlson

4. As long as you need me!

5. Not much

6. I’ll be active, but I don’t know Jack about this sim.

7. (I can’t post photos) Caps winning the cup.

8. Sim leagues and video games

9.Of course.

10. Nope
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 03:22 AM by Jorec.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

I've been on and off playing in the SHL since season five. I've tried various other sim leagues but most of them putter out.

Close knit locker room. Championships are a bonus.

Puck rushing defender.

Most of my players have gone up after a single season but I'd be happy to spend whatever amount of time is necessary to be prepared to go up and perform well.

I'll usually do the graphics tasks over the media ones. Occasionally I'll put out an article on the main media page.

A veteran presence.

I'll have to come back to this.

In my downtime I play table top rpgs and wargame.

Absolutely.

Nothing off-hand really.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Howdy! Domenic Alessandrini here! Would love to soon become a member of the Kelowna Knights!

SCORacing for a few months, NSFL for 2-3 months, here for around a month, SFL for 2 weeks, and Fake Baseball since December of 2017.

Both are incredibly important, but above all else I'm here to win. I didn't defect from Italy to lose. I'm here to devour the competition, limb by limb. Obviously the means of devourment are up to the big man, but either way, a calling is a calling.

Looking to build more of a team-first Left Wing that is nimble and sneaky on the ice. Not a huge NHL fan so I don't have a player in mind but know that as much as I love scoring, setting up screens and getting a good offensive read are far more vital to me.

As long as I am needed to! If that's one season, great! If that's 5 seasons, also great! I'm here to have the best career possible.

A lot! I've already made two SMJHL pieces about my player and his wild path to being here, and I hope to continue the dramatic, yet kinda slapstick media series wherever I end up. The pieces combined for over 2,000 words, so know that I am thorough. I also am known for making Jersey graphics. In Fake Baseball, I have designed over 500 uniform graphics for players across the league, and I intend to do the same here.

First off, I have lots of sim league experience across a variety of leagues, so expect me to be active on this forum and on the server. Next, I know how to improve my player fast, so expect me to level up and succeed early, while also assisting others along the way. Expect tons of awesome Knights graphics and media for my player and every other player on our team. Also, expect tons of Italian flavor everywhere.

[Image: 593482582001_3118947650001_video-still-f...771001.jpg]

Kellan Lain, the product of Lake Superior State. 1 game, 00:00 played, ejected for a game misconduct.

Fake Baseball consumes a lot of my time. Irl: I am involved in multiple student organizations with my college, serving in leadership positions with them. I'm a food connoisseur, and I love trying out different coffee shops and food places in my home town.

10000000% Go Knights!

One time I was kicked out of a Sears for lying about throwing away a half-empty cup of Dr. Pepper from a Sbarro's. You wanna hear the full story? Gonna have to draft me to find out Smile

Thanks for allowing me the chance to answer questions! Go Knights!!!

[Image: dyPZCI3.png]

[Image: 5ijj5Fv.png]

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Nope, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Both! I believe that having a close-knit locker room can lead to championships. (how cheesy Laughing )

I know basically nothing about the NHL, but I followed the Shutdown Defenseman archetype when building my player and plan to keep on that track.

I'll stay as long as I'm needed or until I get called up. I'd like to be at the top of the class in TPE, so who knows how long that will be.

I'm much more focused on written media than graphics. I have a S55 Class analysis coming out when the Draft Media Bonus is live that can prove that.

I'm active, positive, and not willing to engage in or with trolls or negative attitudes.

I don't have one, aside from the ones I used in my first Media about my player. If I chose one of those, it would be this one.
[Image: usa-today-8384980.png]

Lots of video games (LoL, Valorant, CS:GO, etc.), and disc golf!

I'm interested in playing for any team! Kelowna has proven to be an excellent organization and I'd be super excited to play for you!

My Discord tag is AgentSmith630#7472

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 05:57 PM by Pamplemousse.)

Yop, I joined the SHL two years ago, but I only did 3 seasons, 2 in SMJHL and one in SHL (with the Raiders and Rage)

the Locker room is a very important part of the team, but I'm here to win and I will!

I'm trying to build a player who's always ready to stand out and score a goal, a fast and agile forward

Two seasons at least, but I'm not sure, it will depend on a lot of factors, like the opportunities and the development of my player

I won't do any graphics and few media, but I'll try to put some effort in there

I'm a gentleman, not the one who gets involved in the fighting, you can describe me as a mediator

[Image: c2e5c7e881ba2f5d29dbf371121e29f7--steven...htning.jpg]

I play Ultimate Frisbee, I play music too, piano, guitar, trumpet, saxophone, but my main passion is gaming, I love grand strategy games like Civilization VI or Europa Universalis 4

Yes, this team looks great and it looks like a wining team, so I'm hyped to see if you're interested in me

that's all

Best regards,
Pampel

Yes. In my 4th PBE season, where I am the Demons GM, an updater, and PPT head, and in my 6th NSFL season, where O am the Otters GM, updater, Twitter team, and fantasy manager.

I think having both is the best. You don't want toxicity, but you also don't want a team that never wins.

I don't know any comparisons, but I want to be a guy that is not afraid to get dirty on the ice but is also a calm as ice guy who is clutch as hell.

I'll do whatever the SHL team needs. I'm a team player.

I can write media, i just rarely have time. I have no skill in graphics.

Sim league management and experience as well as a chill personality and team spirit.

Uh, I don't have one, actually.

I play Apex and Madden along with Werewolf and ToS. Thats about it outside of sim leagues.

Sure. I have no bias against anyone ans would be open to playing anywhere.

Not that I can think of.

BESL for about 4 years
championships
Erik Karlsson/Jacob Trouba
I don't know. As short as possible, I guess?
Probably a media piece a week or so.
I'm very talkative in the discord
[img[https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/20...820&crop=1[/img]
[Image: artemi-panarin-and-the-leg-kick-celebrat...hockey.jpg]
What you don't see is he's about an inch from the ref

I play some hockey, but the rink is shut down of course.
You guys have a good team, why not?
Draft me with your first pick, I don't want to go in like the 4th round or something lame like that.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

I have been in this one once before, but quit fairly early on.

Enjoying my time here and get the opportunity to improve my player. So in short, a close-knit locker room!

Not sure if I can make an NHL comparable, but highly skilled playmaking winger is my goal.

Until I am ready to contribute offensively for an SHL team, or until that SHL team sees it fit for me to move up.

I'm not gonna overdue it, but will aim for 1-2 articles a month. More if I feel like I have something to write.

At first just a friendly spirit and some questions. Later down the line, hopefully some knowledge to the new rookies coming through.

It just has to be this one!

I play and coach in video games (League of Legends, specifically) and spend most of my time either working, commuting, gaming or hanging out with my gf.

If you are interested in having me and developing me, I'm interested in playing for you!

If you were to take a look at my current build and see where it is heading, how would you help shape it?

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 11:25 AM by Southie.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?

I've been in the PBE for about two months.

I'm not sure. My instinct says Championship but I do like the locker rooms that I'm in PBE and they are quite fun. I think I'm too inexperienced to give a good question this answer.

Patrick Kane and Pavel Datsyuk had a lot of influence on how I built my player so I would say those two,

That's a hard question to answer without knowing what my SMJHL stats are.  Without playing a game, I'd say three seasons.

In PBE I try to get an article out every week but this is a different league so I might shoot for two articles a month or something like that.

I know Hockey decently enough. I'm not a complete rookie when it comes to sim leagues and I try my hardest to succeed in whatever league I'm in.
I'm also active on discord so that could help as well.

[Image: 5d0807dba38510c3fddab9d01a2280a1.jpg]

I play a lot of DnD.  I have two campaigns going at the moment.

I'm interested in playing for whoever will have me.

If you guys any advice, my PM box is always open. I enjoy thinking about builds.

I joined NSFL for like 2 weeks.

I've won a cup or two on teams that weren't close and it just feels like no big deal at all. The dream is to be on a meme filled team of brotherhood/sisterhood that wins all the cups while dunking on the competition.

Jarome Iginla

I like to write media for money but haven't tried graphics.

Dad vibes. Active player who will help my teammates whenever they need it.

[Image: MkLmloH.png]

Humans, Gaming, Reading, Music/Dancing.

Hell yes brother!

I had a player on the Knights before and I went inactive after he was capped in TPE. I hope to stay active this time and would love to be back on the Knights.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

1. I played for this site called the Simulation Hockey League for a bit. I also was in the VHL for like 2 seconds.

2. Locker room

3. A Zach Werenski type defenseman except he dishes more than he shoots (I guess that's just a Seth Jones type of player then)

4. I don't care

5. I'll pretty much be doing 4 gfx a week unless something crazy comes up, but money's not a huge issue

6. I'll bring my cooler of snacks and capri suns for after games.

7. [Image: 2364e5d261d31ea82578dd967826d20e.jpg]

8. I watch a dumb amount of TV and movies and write a lot

9. Yep

10. I grilled an egg on a tortilla this morning. It was pretty good.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]