Create Account

S53 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 05:02 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

The S53 SMJHL finals are upon us at last after this inaugural season on our benevolent new sim engine, and we will see the Detroit Falcons face off against the Kelowna Knights for the first Four-Star Cup of this new era. As is tradition, these finals will come with a bunch of TPE available for you guys, in the form of Championship Week!

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S53 SMJHL ROOKIES (S54 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S54 SMJHL Draft, that's not you.

Quick edit: You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT instead of doing one of the tasks (2 TPE)

Code:
Task #1 - Create a fan giveaway item to be handed out at one of your team's playoff games (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) 
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on the game where the item will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Task #2 - How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less?
Requirements: 150+ words.

Code:
Task #3 - Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 150+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #4 - Who would win in a fight between an actual falcon and a knight? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.
Requirements: 100+ words.

Code:
Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the Four-Star Cup finals are over, so May 18th, at 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 04:58 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

Task #1 - For every Kelowna Knights home game during the finals, they will be giving away foam knight helmets with cloth facial coverings. Doing so will create an amazing visual, and hopefully intimidate those the Falcons as they play while being surrounded by thousands of the knights. In addition, the facial coverings will help reduce the spread of any infections diseases the fans may have. The helmets will be designed in such a way that allows for fans requiring glasses to be able to easily slide the helmet over the glasses while also keeping the helmet secured on the head. We hope every Kelowna Knight fan will enjoy taking home their very own foam knight helmets!

Task #2 - I don't think the end result would have been different if the match ups in the first round were different. From the start of the season, everyone knew that Detroit was going to be a powerhouse and likely would be in the finals. Detroit did look shaky in their series against St. Louis, but I don't think Newfoundland would have been able to stop the Falcons from moving on to the finals. On the other end of playoffs, you can't deny that the Kelowna Knights have been on a warpath. They have only lost one game during this seasons playoffs, and they have shut down the other teams defense to the point where getting more then 20 shots on the Knights was an accomplishment. If Anaheim was the best between Anchorage and Anaheim, I have no doubts that the Armada would have been sunk in the first round if they had faced Kelowna. They may not have been swept, but I don't think they would have won more then one game against the Knights of Kelowna.

Task #3 -
[Image: Ht8EPBn.jpg]

Task #4 - I mean, the falcon has the advantage of being able to fly and keep its distance, while the knight has a horse and some sweet armour. At the end of the day, the Knight wins every time. I mean look at this way, the knight can set traps and trick the simple bird brain. In addition, the armour they wear will likely protect against the talons of a falcon, at least protect them long enough to the point where they can just grab the bird and smack it against a rock or something. The real test battle would be if the knight treated the falcon as a pet. Would the knight outlive the falcon then?

Task #5 - There is only way for Justin Keahi to relax after a nice long, deep playoff run. It's the type of relaxation that would cause embarrassment if someone walked in. It's your alone time, they should have knocked anyways. You'll work up a vigorous sweat doing it too, depending who you are. That's right, Keahi will spend a lot of time alone until the draft. Doing what needs to be done, doing things that no one would willingly talk about. He'll only be playing with himself. That's right, he'll be spending time playing all his favorite single player games! After an entire season of playing chel or FIFA, the one thing Keahi misses is his single player games. He said he's really looking forward to playing some of the mods for the classic X-Com games, or even exploring some new titles like Mount and Blade: Bannerlord. Or he might take things slow, and settle down into the old times and play as Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2. His choices are endless, but it's the best way he'll be spending his time until the SHL draft. Oh also he'll probably be jerking off a lot.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 08:08 PM by Rotti.)

Task 1: This Sunday...Sunday...Sunday...get on down to the Knights and Falcons Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Finals game one! First four thousand fans to the stadium will all receive a special collector gift from the Knights, a limited edition Knights branded foam sword! You can use this sword to show your Knights pride, and show off how big of a fan you are to all your friends! Get there early to the Arena this weekend, and maybe even get a chance to meet some Knights! Let's get loud, cheer for those Knoots, and keep those Falcons from flying away with the cup! See you this weekend, Kelowna, and go Knights!

Task 2: I think if the matchups were switched around not much would really be different. The only real thing I can think of is the Armada being matched up with the Outlaws. It's quite easy to say the Armada would've beaten the Raptors, as they were the better team during the regular season by far. As we saw Kelowna beat Anaheim in the semi final, if they were matched up in the first round there's a good shot we could've seen a Kelowna versus Anchorage semi-final. That would've been an absolute battle, as the two teams always played each other tough in the regular season. Grit vs Grind, lots of fights and lots of hits. I can't say for sure who would've made it out, but I'd have to go with my squad and pick the Knights in 6 games. The Anaheim vs Kelowna series was so good, could you imagine if Anchorage and Kelowna played instead? I think there would've been more than a few injuries on both sides.

Task 3: The two players I'm going to be looking at for this task are myself, up and coming Rotticus Scott from the Kelowna Knights playing Left Wing, and star send down Jack Kanoff from the Detroit Falcons playing Defenseman. I have it on good authority that these two came up through the Canadian travel circuit together, and are quite good friends. Although good friends, the two are extremely competitive, and love poking fun at each other throughout games. You can expect these two to get tangled up a few times in this series, and expect it to be quite intense when it inevitably happens. Kanoff is a year older than Rotticus is, but Rotticus has never let that stop him from dropping the gloves, or laying a big hit. If these two get tangled up, don't worry for either's safety, they tend to know each other's limits, and when the other one is done with the tussle....usually.

Task 4: There is just no way a Falcon could beat a Knight. Assuming the Knight is in full armor, and knows what he's doing, that Falcon won't win. Although the Knight won't be killed, I think it'd be hard for the Falcon to die too. Obviously the Falcon would have better maneuverability as it can literally fly, so it'd be hard for the Knight to land a legitimately good strike on it with a sword. We could give the Knight a bow, but even then the longbows from the middle ages would be hard to use when trying to hit a Falcon. I'll give the edge slightly to the Knight just because it could outlast a Falcon, but it'd be a long fight.

Task 5: This is a weird time for me as I'm both in the J finals, and preparing for the draft. It's good because most of the SHL teams are still dealing with playoffs and stuff (or they're scared of my bank account and don't want me). I've talked to a few teams, and all of them seem like good options. Most of my time has gone towards watching film on the Falcons with the rest of the Knoots, and trying to devise a plan on how we're going to beat such a juggernaut. Even though I'm fully focused on the task ahead of me, it is tough for sure to not think about the offseason and everything that comes with it. There's a good chance I don't see SHL ice until S56, but still the team that drafts you is important right away. Along with that we have the WJC tournament coming up with team Canada. Its going to be a super busy off-season, and these next few weeks are going to be a flurry!

[Image: rotti.gif]

Task #1: A great giveaway item for the finals would be a rally towel. It is the easiest to make and can be super creative. The towel will be given out in game 1 of the finals in Detroit. While this could be a little bold and gorey, I think that having a severed knight head on the ground being pecked at by a falcon as the main graphic would be awesome. It would be a badass design that would rile up the crowd and get everyone ready for the matchup to come. It would just need to be approved by a test group first. Don't want to get in trouble now.

Task #2: Would the matchups had been swapped around, it really would not make much difference. There were two sweeps and two that went the full seven games. Detroit and Kelwona are powerhouses and should still be able to take on any of the opponents that they come across. The other two matchups are more interesting. In the end, the better team should win theoretically. There could always be a huge surprise in store but the Outlaws and Scarecrows should take the battle against the Raptors and Kraken respectively. If you were to instead replay the two series that went 7, there very well could be a different result. If you just swap around a few teams, not much is going to change. Hockey is a more random sport as compared to a higher skill one like basketball so upsets could happen, but I do not think they will. The system is how it is for a reason, no need to change it.

Task #3:

Task #4: In the fight between a falcon and a knight, I whole heartedly believe that a knight would win. It would be the longest most boring fight ever. Falcons are birds of prey and are very fast in the skies. With deadly talons, they will certianly be dangerous. The knight on the otherhand has heavier armor that those talons cannot pierce. The only downfall of the knight is that they are slow and will have a hard time landing a blow on the falcon swooping around them. Eventually after missing for hours and taking a rest or two to regain energy, the knight will have to land a blow to the bird and send it to the ground. The knight could opt for a crossbow to try and take the bird down at range but that will be hard to do when you are looking through the tiniest hole in your helmet and can't aim properly. The falcon could go for the hole or try to break chainmail, but that is very unlikely. The knight should win this fight but it is not easy.

Task #5: With how the season went, it's time to gear up for the next one. Not making the playoffs is rough, but we are a young team and were not ready to compete yet. Right now I've been hanging out overseas in my hometown. I've been working on my football skills so that I can translate the agility and positioning to the ice. It's great cardio too. Of course going on the ice helps, but sometimes you need to train and condition off the ice as well. I'm excited to meet the new rookies who come out of the draft. I never got a chance at the draft so this will be a special moment for me as well. Having them on the team should help boost us up for the regular season. Maybe I'll even get to move up in the lines after the work I put in this offseason. I'm ready to get back to the grind.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 10:55 PM by Evoner.)

Task #1:

As a whalers player, our fan giveaway item would be an item that boost the morale of the audience and players alike. The best way to boost morale would be a fan chant. The item we would be giving away are 2 thundersticks that are shaped like whale fins. Thundersticks are balloons that can be used to make a lot of noise and can be used in a fan chant. The fins will be a blue color with a green outline and have the  Whalers logo on the back of the fin. Also the whole whale fins would look cute and be a nice souvenir for the kids.

Task #2

Honestly, I feel like the results would've been the same as the winner, the Detroit Falcons, completely dominated their group standings. Although, Kelowna Knights did put up an amazing fight, seeing how strong the Falcons were in their own bracket was a sight to see. Big congrats to them and huge props to the knights for pushing them to game 6! As one of the teams that did not make playoffs, I feel like it would've been the same regardless of who we went up with since I joined the team late. The cooperation for our team was a bit all over the place but after a hard defeat, the team rounded up and got closer. I believe we will do a lot better this season coming up since I will have more experience and Tpe build up on my player. I hope to be someone who can get a lot of points and can help my team.

Task #3

What an amazing game 6 between the Detroit Falcons and the Kelowna Knights! Such a close game and intense sportsmanship between both teams. The team most expected to win was the Falcons as they demolished in their bracket but the Knights did not give that cup up easily and went out with everything they can offer. Today in our SMJHL Magazine, we talk about these two amazing players! Joseph Fantobens from Detroit Falcons and Daniel Laforest from Kelowna Knights! These two incredible players both have more than 300 tpe! Such a drive to continu
ously improve creates a lot of competition between the rookies and send downs! A comment by Walito Gretsky of the Vancouver Whalers stated that he "wants to strive to be a player that can earn more than 300 tpe and catch up with his class of teamates and competitiors." What a great season! This writer is definitely looking forward to the next season and watching all these amazing players!

Task #4

Silver knight

Red Falcon

As the links above shows the personification of a falcon and knight so they can fight, we can see who has the higher stats and in what category. The knights seems to be statistically more advanced but it seems like thats only against other knights and not a magic red bird who can spew fire. The Falcons stat suggests that it has the fire power to get rid of any foe standing in its way. Even though the knight tried fighting something they had no experience fighting before, the falcon will win due to the unexpected fire power, magic and abs.

Task #5

Sadly, the Vancouver Whalers did not make the playoffs this season which is fine since we are all working harder during the offseason to catch up and win the cup. Since as a player, I joined pretty late and did not have the opportunity to earn as many tpe as I would have liked, I need to work a bit harder to get some tpe and finally be someone my team can rely on. I'm looking forward to playing with all my teammates in Vancouver as we all started to get closer and now that we have some new rookies on the team, we have to work hard and make our way to the top. Right now, a bunch of members of the Whalers team are just trying to get to know each other and play a bit on the ice in a scrims like environment. Everyone seems to be in top condition and watching out for each other. I feel like we will be a very strong team in the upcoming seasons and we will always have the drive to take that Cup and be the top SMJHL Team.  Whalers
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 09:50 PM by Thor.)

Task #1 - Create a fan giveaway item to be handed out at one of your team's playoff games (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) 
Clearly the best thing for the Falcons to give out at a home game to support their best backup goalie and playoff bench warmer, Thor Odinson would be literal thunder. "Oh but Feeler, how would they give out thunder? that's a stupid idea" I hear you say, but here's the thing - it's going to be an app that uses every mobile phone speaker in the building to blast thunder noises at big moments throughout the playoff games - as Odinson would desire. See, he's riding the pine for this series so the general managers in their infinite wisdom have decided to give him the controls of this app to give his team moral support whenever he believes they need it most.

Task #2 - NSFL Welfare

Task #3 - Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
The comparisons we're going to make here in this task cover the two Detroit goalies through the playoff series and how they warm up for their game. As Jobin has been the starter through this series, he spends his time warming up on the ice, you know - usual goalie stuff (whatever that is) butterflies and practice shots and other weird stuff Odinson doesn't really understand. On the other hand we will find Thor in the team change rooms warming up with a nice warm cup of tea and his favourite rug, by this stage in the playoffs he has started to bring his tea, rug and tablet out onto the bench with him to stay warm throughout the whole game.

Task #4 - Who would win in a fight between an actual falcon and a knight? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion
Ok this is a real easy one, the major variable for this fight is that it's going to take place on the Falcons home, which will give the Knights a serious disadvantage as I'm considering that to be the sky. Now as we know, Falcons are capable of flying and can travel significant distances by wing, whereas knights on the other hands are covered in very heavy armor and as far as I'm aware can not fly at all. This would lead to the knight plummeting rapidly to it's death as the Falcon cruises around enjoying the view. Now, the one thing I didn't consider here is trebuchets.... Maybe the knight has a chance after all.

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
Thor has one thing and one thing only on his mind after this season, whether the cup goes home with him or not he's looking for pussy. That's right, Odinson has two cats at home that need looking after and he's hoping that they haven't made their way through the giant pile of food he left for them over a month ago and proceeded to escape. He's pretty sure there was enough there, but it's entirely possible at this point that they can't tell what's food and what's poop by this stage. Thor has contract money, he could have done something else with the cats to have them be looked after - but then that wouldn't have suited the one liner joke at the start of this task, would it?

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

Task #1 - Come root for Jimmy Wagner, Velveteen Dream, Frans Eller, Vitek Vitecek, and the rest of your Carolina Kraken in the first round of the SMJHL playoffs in S53! For both of the home games in the series against the Detroit Falcons, the Kraken will be giving away a pair of tentacle-shaped thunder sticks to the first 1,000 fans to enter the arena. Make sure to make some noise for your hometown team by banging the tentacles together! The underdog Kraken will be the hosts of Games 3 and 4, and it’ll be a chance to show the Falcons you mean business. Let’s go Kraken!

Task #2 - For the Eastern Conference, whether or not the results change would depend on what teams get switched. If the Falcons and Scarecrows are still in separate matchups I think they’d still both make the next round. The Scarecrows would be facing off against a worse team in the Kraken, and the Berserkers probably wouldn’t be able to take Detroit to seven games like they did St. Louis. If the Falcons and Scarecrows met in the first round, it would be much more evenly matched but I assume Detroit would probably take the victory like they did in the conference finals. Newfoundland vs. Carolina would be a very entertaining series between two young and hungry teams but I believe the Berserkers would come out on top.
For the West, it’s hard to image Colorado not losing their series in an uneven fashion to whoever they match up with (maybe Anchorage could’ve gone to five games). Based on their 4-1 handling of the Outlaws in the conference finals, it seems like the Knights would’ve beaten anyone to come up against them in the first round, too. The only thing different would probably be Anchorage making the second round if they came up against the Raptors.

Task #3 - Graphic
[Image: zWxCZaW.png]

Task #4 - I’d give it to the Knight, personally. Falcons are cool, don’t get me wrong. They’re fast, they can fly, their talons are sharp. But they’re fighting against a human who is far more intelligent and has a size advantage. And sure, that intelligence and size may not work 100% of the time, but this isn’t just any human, this is a knight. A knight has a suit of armor, which would easily protect the knight from any possible attack by the falcon, they have a sword which could probably cut a falcon in half, and they’re combat trained so even if they’ve never fought a bird before they still know how to handle themselves.

Task #5 - Getting swept by the Falcons was a tough pill to swallow. It was a nice surprise to sneak into the playoffs in my first season, but I’ll admit I had a slightly tough time in a new environment. I took some time to relax and get my mind off of hockey after the series, but that’s over now. I’ve been working hard both in the gym and on the practice rink since then, trying to get ready for next season so I can take the next step with the Kraken. My agent and I have been talking about the draft a good amount too, so I’ve been watching the tape on some of my competition and prepping for some interviews with teams. Hopefully I can prove to some GMs that I have a good understanding of the game and can be a part of the future of their franchise. I have no idea where I’m going to go, so I’m excited to see where the next step in my career will be!

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 01:51 PM by Steve.)

Task#1
For the first 1000 Falcon fans that enter the arena, you will be given your very own living falcon. Whenever the Falcons score, you simply squeeze your falcon and make it screech. Just imagine 1000 screeching falcons. What fan wouldn't want to do that? I know I would be there early and pick out a huge falcon. For the first 1000 Knights fans that enter the arena, you will be given a set of ear plugs. This giveaway does not have the endorsement from P.E.T.A. Sadly they think it could be harmful to the falcons that are squeezed. I think a good falcon squeeze is all in good fun and I bet they enjoy the attention.

Task#2
I can't think of any combination of teams that would make much of a difference here. Detroit has been blowing teams out of the water all season long. I am not sure about any team really wanting to play them in the finals. The road to the finals was fun to watch and the outcome was obvious from the start of the playoffs. Detroit is just in a league of their own at this point. I'm not saying they can't lose, I'm saying that it would be Detroit vs the Knights regardless of match ups. I am sure that some teams had a rough go and would have liked a different match up, but the end results are not going to change. Most everyone that has eyes could see this coming a month ago. I'm not a betting man, but my money is on Detroit. It's a no brainer here. I wish Newfoundland could have made it this far, but we will see next season how we do.

Task#3
[Image: FKykA9e.png]

Task#4
I would have to believe that nobody would win in a fight between a knight and a falcon. How on earth would a knight, with all his heavy garb on even move fast enough to even see a diving falcon. On the other hand, what falcon in their right mind would dive and attack iron armor?, correct, not a single one. So, my conclusion would be that they coordinate a fight, call it a draw and go have some beers.Then again, what knight would want to be hit by a 1 pound rock dropping from a falcon diving at over 300 mph? That would knock that helmet right off and the falcon could talon the shit out of said knight's eyes and then go for the jugular.

Task#5
Oh yeah, the off season. Time to reflect on past successes and failures. Time to unwind and prepare for the next season. Time to think about things that were forgotten while playing a busy season schedule. Like, clean the house, spend time with the kids and wife. Have that special time with your wife is important, like every night important.

After a couple of weeks of the fun and relaxing, it's back to the gym and rigorous workout regime. It's always a good time of the year to build your physical form up to a point that you should come back in the next season even better than the previous one. I am sure the coach will want everyone to watch a ton of videos and go over some core system details, but that just comes with the territory. You can't expect to perform is you don't put in the work. I feel tired now and going back to bed.

Task #1 - Welcome Kelowna Knight fans to the S53 SMJHL final show down for the 4 Star Cup.  Come early and stay late to game three and  four at Prospera Place Arena.  The first 4,000 fans will receive a free Kelowna Knight puckhead featuring the teams colors and integrated goal light and goal horn.  Every time your favorite Knight lights the lamp, you get to light it with him and have a red light siren type swirl around your head and play your favorite goal horn through the two side speakers each giving out 60 decibels worth o goal horn havoc.

Task #2 - Looking at the East, I would of  preferred seeing a possible match up of Detroit versus St.Louis and the Crows taking this series in seven.  That would make for the other Eastern Conference  match up to be Newfoundland versus Carolina, and in this series the Berserkers would come out on top and win in 5 games and faceoff in the second round against the Crows.  In the Western Conference, swapping out the match ups, would make for a Kelowna versus Anaheim and I think that the Knights would still advance to the second round regardless and take out the Outlaws in dramatic fashion in 7 games.  The other match up would be played between the Colorado raptors and the Anchorage Armada.  Again the Raptors would fall to the hands of the Armada in a clean sweep.  Anchorage would advance to the 2nd round and faceoff against the Kelowna Knights.

Task #3 - I have for us going into this final showdown for the Four Star Cup between the Knights and the Falcons, 2 players who will be in each others faces for this best of seven series matchup.  From the Kelowna Kinghts we have RW- Kalevolaripaavo Kaspertommevisnapuu who in 9 games has racked up a league leading 12 points so far.  Adding to his stellar offensive game we find his league leading +8 and a GA/60 of 1,2 and an impressive GF/60 of 4,3.  he also has the highest shot count on the team at 32 shots on goal.  From the Detroit Falcons we have C- Luke McMaster who surprisingly leads the team in goals (5) and points (10) which ranks him among the best in the league at  4th overall.  His GF/60 is at 3,8 and his GA/60 is at 2,3.  

Task #4 - Sorry but I got to laugh at this one,  representing Kelowna none other than Justin Keahi and representing for the Falcons Toki Wartooth.  I chose Keahi simply because the guy has it in him and for some reason I have no doubt he can lay anyone out flat on the ice!  I chose Wartooth, for the simple reason to have the best of the best go head to head.  Wartooth dropped the mits twice in the regular season and won both, but this time he will go against a real tough guy and swallow his teeth!  Besides, I don't think Keahi plays fair, you were warned!

Task #5 - Plans have been set forth for some time now already, I will be heading back home to Montreal to spend enormous amounts of time with my family and loved ones.  My dad not in the best of shape and getting up there in age already has a list o things for me to fix or just simply get done (paint spare bedroom, redo ceramic in the kitchen and do some land scaping etc etc).  First and foremost topping his list is this Mulberry tree he has in the backyard of his home.  Been growing there for nearly 35 years and has seen some much better days.  He has asked me to cut her down as is has become old and dry.  He has even already purchased a brand new 24" Stihl gas chainsaw for me to christen on his behalf.   Once that's done, I do plan to visit the great National Parks aboard for some alone time and unplugged time.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Come one, come all, but for the first 1000 Falcon fans who arrive at our first home game in the finals, there is a special prize in store for you! For these lucky fans they will receive a 3 by 3 literal brick wall! Additionally the brick wall will be signed by our superstar goalie Jobin and will be a great memory from when Jobin had 3 shutouts in 4 games to propel the Falcons to the finals! During the game it can also serve as a footrest, something kids can stand on to see better or to do those funky exercises between games. Come now and get your Jobin Wall!

Task #2 - How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less?

PBE PT Welfare

Requirements:

A series which we thought would be full of high flying action and offensive powerhouse performances between the Detroit Falcons and the St. Louis Scarecrows actually came down to the two netminders, Elizabeth Doyle and A. Jobin. Other than the two blowouts by each side in games 5 and 6, every other game was won with a 1 goal margin. This meant that every save that each goalie counted for a lot. Doyle was tasked with facing a larger amount of shots compared to Jobin and did admirably, robbing Falcons players over and over again. On the other hand Jobin did not face as many shots as Doyle did but when he did make his saves, they were at crucial moments in the games to not turn momentum over to the other team. Both goalies did amazing jobs and showed why they are clear superstars in the making and what a difference it makes having an elite netminder on your team!

Task #4 - Who would win in a fight between an actual falcon and a knight? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

Well for this type of fight I am going to consider it a one on one fight between the falcon and the knight. This is because the knight and falcon are both honorable creatures so they would not want to stain their fight with people calling it unfair if there were more knights than falcons or the other way around. Anyway, I feel that for this fight the knight in all his shining armor will be too heavily built compared to the Falcon. The Falcon will also have the aerial advantage, you know being able to fly and all. So with the extra agility and aerial attacks, the Falcon will in the end be able to tire out the Knight and win. The Knight’s best hope is to be able to stab the falcon with their sword or lance as the Falcon will require quite a few attacks to knock out the knight. 

So of course we will be working hard and hopefully winning a cup after this is all said and done. In the end, with the cup victory or without it, I have clear plans for this offseason. First of all, I want to go and meet with my second cousin from another mother, the man himself, Tinke Jutila! We are distant relatives, but there are not that many Finnish people or other relatives in this area anyways. So me being over here in Detroit and him being in Newfoundland, the distance is manageable. It will be nice to be able to talk some Finnish and also to have an awesome road trip with him. You never know, we might be drafted to the same team in the end and so far we have just exchanged some calls and whatsapp messages so it would be nice to meet face to face. It would probably end with us drinking lots of beer and talking about how everything is so great in Finland.

[Image: MrEjaPX.png]

[Image: M6lTFl2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 04:03 AM by Dextaria.)

Task #1
[Image: wVxm2m4.jpg]
The Whalers didn't make the playoffs... so here's a Falcons t-shirt.

Task #2
In the east, I don't think the results could have been anymore different except for the potential of Newfoundland beating out either Carolina or St. Louis to make it to the conference finals. I don't think that Carolina could've won against any of the other teams and I can't see Detroit being beaten by any of them in the first round. In the West on the other hand, I feel like if Anchorage was able to continue their strong play and lock up first in the conference, they could've seen themselves further in this playoffs had they been paired up against Colorado. Then it would've been Anchorage versus Kelowna in the conference finals and the results could've been a bit different speaking of competitiveness and potentially even result. So to summarize, I think that ultimately the first round matchups could have favoured Newfoundland and Anchorage over St.Louis and Anaheim respectively giving a completely different playoffs series with respects to conference finals. Finals-wise I think it is tough to say that the results could have been any different.

Task #3
Comparing players of course we have to look at the tale between the pipes. For Detroit we have A Jobin who has been stellar in net. Jobin posted 3 shutouts in the last for games against the Scarecrows to help the Falcons move on to the finals. Jobin really did a great job helping out when the offense wasn't there as he helped Detroit win 4 one goal games between the two series. Coming into the finals, Jobin posts a 1.88 goals against average and a .916 save percentage with the 3 shutouts mentioned. On the other side Kavanagh has been no slack either. In the 9 games that he played, Kavanagh was able to post a 1.76 goals against average with an impressive save percentage of 0.923% and a shutout in first round. This finals appears to certainly be a goaltender's duel; however, it appears Kavanagh has the slight upper hand especially as he often get support from the Knights' offensive. It will certainly be interesting to see if the Falcons' offensive will be able to wake up this round against Kavanagh.

Task #4
Between a single falcon and a knight, let's be honest here there is a clear winner in this battle. The knight has armor, a weapon, and the knowledge of an average human which will allow him to launch attacks on the falcon while being able to defend himself well. Also, the knight would have the knowledge to help himself if injured. The falcon on the other had has no way on penetrating the armor successfully without being in range of the knight's attacks. Falcons are cool and are certainly predators in the wild but without a doubt the knight would win this battle

Task #5
As the Vancouver Whalers missed the playoffs this season, it certainly been a longer offseason than most. Thankfully the team is still kickin' as a group and we're able to meet up with each other from time to time. Most recently, us Whalers got together to watch the draft lottery in which we had 30 balls, tied most with the Maine Timber. The results were not what we had hoped for as we dropped to 3rd after the Berserkers were able to win it with just 10 balls. Regardless, I'm sure we'll be able to pick up someone great with the 3rd overall pick that would help the team immensely. As the offseason continues, I look forward to continue to chat with my fellow Whalers and work on other things. I've started doing more creative works and that is a nice change of pace from the fast and intense way that we play hockey. Can't wait play hockey again though.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 10:07 AM by Zaitsev.)

Task #1

At the home games for the Kelowna Knights, fans will each receive knight swords that work like those blow up sticks you slap together to make noise, whatever those are called. After each goal, fans will all raise their swords up in the sky as well because it will look bad ass. On the other side, The Detroit Falcons will be designing masks with a falcon head with a beak on it as well. These will all be worn by the fans during home games and be waiting on their seats as they arrive.

Task #2

Task #3

Task #4

Honestly I think it all comes down to whoever lands the first big blow. Clearly a knight has the size advantage and likely has some robust armour on. However, a falcon is clearly a very agile creature and maybe be able to pick their spots when needed. When I say, it comes down to the first strike what I'm meaning is let's picture the falcon is dive bombing the knight. I picture the knight winding his sword back for one large blow. If I'm the falcon, I'm going right for the eyes. If he can get his talons in there, gouge an eyeball or two, I think the falcon wins from there easily. If he can't do that, and the knight lands a sword blow, probably game over for the falcon. It's honestly tough to decide, I'd pick knight most likely but again if the falcon even gets one talon through those eye holes, that's game over.

Task #5

As a rookie looking to get drafted into the SHL, I'm definitely trying not to take too many days off. Definitely need to unwind after a season like this, first one in the SMHJL but I think as a team we outperformed expectation and will be looking forward to next year. As for myself, I've been still going into the practice facilities here in Carolina, getting my workouts in, trying to stay fit for the combine coming up. Other than that, playing a ton of golf. Going to be making a trip up to the Pinehurst resort for a week shortly with a few of the boys and play a lot more golf up there too which I'm looking forward to. After that, probably back to the gym and ice and stay sharp for everything that is upcoming over this next while. I want to be drafted by a good organization and try and make a good impact there as soon as I'm able to.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 02:37 PM by Fantobens.)

Task 1: come on down to the arena where the falcons play to game one of the finals against the knights. The first 100 fans in attendance will receive a game worn jock strap from falcons goalie a. Jobin! Not only that! The jock straps are signed by scarecrows goalie Frans eller! How did we make such a thing happen you ask?
We asked jobin about it and he said the following:
“Eller called me and asked what we can do to give back to the fans. I said why don’t you sign those jock straps you have, since you have been hold them all season. He was upset I asked for all 100 of them, but he understood I’m the alpha. He even rolled over and showed me his belly when I went to pick them up.”

Task2: I don’t think that the outcome would have been much different. Maybe if the playoffs were the same format as it was the final would probably be Detroit and St. Louis. Not trying to shit on Kelowna. Great team. Kind of had an easy path to the finals being the best team in the west by far in my opinion. And the only team I thought would give them trouble would have been the boats. They of course got knocked out by the bunnies. Though in a Kelowna versus Anchorage matchup I would still give the edge to the knights. I just think they would have played more games to get to the finals. On the east side, things probably would have ended up the same no matter how you aligned the teams. Detroit was going to be in the finals no matter what. I think at Louis was the next best team and that’s why they were 1 and 2. In conclusion I think with the way the simulation major junior hockey league is set into east and west conferences, it was predetermined that the knights were playing the falcons for the 4-star.

Task3: this is hockeyguyblog69 and today I was in Detroit getting ready for game one tomorrow between the Kelowna Knights and Detroit Falcons. I was sitting in a cafe and who was sat behind me but league rookies: the knights Simon Takshak and falcon Joseph Fantobens. They seemed to be eating together. Eaves dropping on their conversation they definitely know each other. Probably from the draft. They were talking about pregame meals. Takshak was talking about something in some language I didn’t understand. Fantobens said he likes to eat bagels and lox before games? I must have missheard him. Anyway they were also talking about which sticks they use. Both are Bauer guys. I must have gotten too close because that was about the time they noticed I was listening. They were very respectful when they told me to go fuck myself. for eighteen year olds they seemed quite well spoken. I asked them for a picture which they agreed to for some reason. I soon found out. They had a stranger take the picture. Just as it was being taken they pants me and dump a bag of flour over my head. Guess I deserved it for invading their privacy. They worked well together. And where did they get the flour from?

Task4: this is hard. Most times I would say the knight. Especially if he’s on the ground. In the air I give full advantage to the falcon. The real battle would be in the water. I don’t know how well falcons swim, but I assume it’s not that great. That being said it’s probably better than a knight in full plate armor. That fucker would sink super fast. I would call space a draw. So if my math is correct....
Falcons v knights in the sky. Falcon wins
Falcon v knight on the ground. Knight wins
Falcon v knight in the sea. Falcon wins
Falcon v knight in space. Draw.
By my very technical and science based fact finding mission, with two wins against one loss and a draw the falcon is the big winner of the fight for it all! Nothing screams battle for it all than a guy fighting a bird. Most people are afraid of birds also. So I may have to add that I. And go back and rework the math....

Task5: what I’m doing is having fun. Making calls to different press outlets under fake names, giving them leads on story’s about teams that have talked to me and saying things like “I’ve heard fantobens isn’t getting past#5” or something like that. Then call a different one with completely different information, “gms are talking and they don’t like fantobens effort level.” There’s no real point. Just like fucking with people. I like to watch others argue about dumb things, like mock drafts and TPE. I also like to direct message people that are in management in the shl and guilt them into picking me. If my grandmother thought me anything it’s this. Well two things, guilt has more power than you think. Guilt gets into your subconscious and stews. Just to rear it’s ugly face at a later time. And check pay phones for change.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 04:20 PM by Rabidsponge21.)

Quote:Task #1 - Create a fan giveaway item to be handed out at one of your team's playoff games (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
- GRAPHIC: Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

[Image: CW1.png]

Quote:Task #2 - How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less?

Round 1 - Maine vs Detroit

I know this would have necessitated Maine actually making the playoffs, but I think we would have put up a lot more of a fight than the Kraken did. For some reason Maine always came out to play versus the Falcons during the regular season. I think the playoffs would have been much of the same as the Timber would have known the real dance had begun. Would they have defeated the Falcons and moved onto round 2? Well you know the saying anything can happen in hockey, but realistically, no I don't think it would have changed the ultimate outcome, but I think for sure Maine would have taken the series to 6 games at a minimum. As far as the other match ups I would have loved to see the Armada match up against Kelowna at any point during the playoffs as we all know that would have been a lot better match up than what we got with Colorado, with even the Armada moving on as well.

Quote:Task #3 - Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.

[Image: unknown.png]

Quote:Task #4 - Who would win in a fight between an actual falcon and a knight? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

This scenario depends heavily on what sort of world we are basing this match up in.

Is it something of a more fantasy element? Or is it some based in real life?

If it's the fantasy spin, I picture the Falcons being something of a myth of legend like the Giant Eagles of the Lord of the Rings universe in which case I see them having the decided edge from sheer mobility and size advantage, but a knight with lighter armour and the ability to fire from horse back could still take the day.

Based in a real life situation? The Knight obviously. The Falcon, even if the size of the largest falcon type known (Gyrfalcon) is still tiny compared to a fully armoured knight. The fight would the Falcon flying around screeching and peaking as the knight sits in his armour chuckling before a shot from his bow or swing of his sword ends the annoyance within seconds.

Quote:Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.

Currently? I am preparing for the coming SHL draft.

Fielding questions, crafting media, doing anything and everything I can to bump my draft stock up as high as possible.

Also there is the part of helping the current SMJHL team I am on scouting as Maine has a really big off season coming up. As a whole the team had to spend this season truly rebuilding with a few solid picks from the last draft, and with us keeping many of our higher end pieces moving into next season this draft will be key in solidifying whether or not we are contenders for the next 2-3 seasons or a bubble team for another 3+.

For off season training Sondergard will be heavily focusing on his puck moving abilities both with his ability to skate and pass the puck. He spent a lot of time in spread sheets analyzing the top graded defenseman from the SHL this past season and finding similarities in their games to compare what yielded results.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 02:26 AM by hockeyiscool.)

Code:
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on the game where the item will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
[Image: cW7hIuJ.png]

Code:
I think if the team match-ups in the eastern conference were different there would be a couple of differences. If the Carolina Kraken were facing off against the Newfoundland Berserkers The Kraken would have made the eastern conference finals. However if the Kraken had faced off against the Scarecrows I think we would have had a repeat of a Detroit vs Scarecrows final. In the western conference I don't think there's any possible way that Colorado makes it into the second round. After trading away Lundquist Jr. to Detroit, a huge portion of Colorado's firepower was missing. Honestly, it was surprising they even made it into the playoffs. Their late season push can be attributed to the coaching staffs ability to adapt to what the other teams were throwing their way and put their players in the correct position. The only way the Western conference finals looks any different is if the Boat team played against the Colorado Raptors in round one. Then there would have been a clash between the Armada and Knights in the Western Conference final--semi-unrelated tangent: if M.v.d.H doesn't get the MVP it would be criminal :( 

Code:
Requirements:
Tracy here, with Reps for Jesus weekly. Today we're taking a deep dive into two different the pre-game rituals. First we'll look at the Carolina Kraken's very own power forward Panda Panico. Panda starts his pre-game ritual by crushing one pound of bamboo shoots, he then starts cranking out 200 pull ups, 300 push ups, and 10 squats. He then proceeds to lay down in his hammock set up in the corner of the locker room; Panda cuddles up for a nap with his panda plush toy for thirty minutes (pictured below) to center the mind. Once it's time to suit up, Panda rises from his slumber slowly. Gets all of his equipment on. Puts his ear buds in and Listens to Guns N' Roses, "Welcome to the Jungle" on repeat until he gets the tap on the shoulder for go time. He cracks open a power thirst, drinks it, and bolts onto the ice so fast people think he's from Kenya. [Image: 2IUu4B7.jpg]Next we'll be seeing what Toki Wartooth of the Detroit Falcons pre-game looks like. Toki Wartooth arrives at the arena, starts to juggle a soccer ball with some of the other members on the team then suits up and goes out on the ice. Such vastly different pre-game routines.  

Written by Tracy Chapman

[228ish words]

Code:
A knight is sitting on a park bench eating a Chicago-style hot dog. A falcon comes in tries to swoop in and grab the hot dog. The knight spots the falcon through his slit, raises his fist to block the falcon's path. The Falcon dodges the fist and flies on past. The Falcon then proceeds to fly over head of the knight and proceeds to drop a deuce on the Knight tarnishing the Knights shiny armor. The Knight then proceeds to draw his sword. The Falcon makes another approach talons out ready to strike...IN FROM THE TOP ROPE IT'S ADAM FRIEDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! Adam Friedland wins the fight, kicking both the Falcon's tail feather and Knight's ass.  

[117 words]

Code:
After getting my rookie contract, I've been taking my hand at the stonk market. With SARS 2 (covid) back at it again, I was avoiding some of the especially hard hit companies i.e. Aerospace, rental cars towards the start of the corona pandemic and put a large amount of my money into Grocers, Purell and other isopropyl alcohol based products :sanitize: and that has paid dividends. Now that the off-season is back live I've decided to put some of the gains into the struggling companies. Get the Aerospace market back along and live. I've even put some money into Carnival Cruise and am spending some of my time bashing on food, playing shuffleboard, soaking up the sweet sweet vitamin D and bulking up. Hopefully bulking up doesn't negatively affect my draft stock too much and I can get a solid pay out come the draft. 

[157 words]