Create Account

A Problem That Will Soon Occur in the NWJHL

I've recently noticed that many teams are sending their newly drafted goalies down to the NWJHL. While this is fine for skaters, it isn't for goalies. As a junior GM, what am I supposed to do? Start the send down and honor the PDC, or give the new active time? Splitting time evenly could work for now, but in the future, we will need to solve this problem.

Quote:Originally posted by Corcoran@Jul 9 2012, 12:41 PM
I've recently noticed that many teams are sending their newly drafted goalies down to the NWJHL. While this is fine for skaters, it isn't for goalies. As a junior GM, what am I supposed to do? Start the send down and honor the PDC, or give the new active time? Splitting time evenly could work for now, but in the future, we will need to solve this problem.

Yeah, I thought about this problem too. While the reduced number of teams should be good for activity and won't hurt active skaters playing time much, it could indeed be a problem for Goalies. There will either be quite some teams with 2 goalies from the get-go, or some Goalies may go undrafted. Obviously some of the drafted goalies will be Inactive so it won't be a problem if they aren't playing, but I can also see some teams having two active goalies and that would be a problem. We could implement a back-up rule for the NWJHL as well, but a different one like (every active goalie has to play in at least 1/3 of the games for his team), but it wouldn't be an ideal solution and could still be demotivating for juniors, if they only play every 3rd game.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Montreal already has 2 goalies that were sent down :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Jul 9 2012, 01:10 PM
Montreal already has 2 goalies that were sent down  :lol:

Yeahthat

I doubt that Montreal will give a drafted goalie any playing time this season with their two send downs.

Montreal doesn't HAVE to draft a goalie...since obviousl they've got Brown and Serpe meaning that another NWJHL team will end up with multiple goalies, which is a positive thing because if both are active it creates a positive competition for the #1 position.

Quote:Originally posted by Joker5123â„¢@Jul 9 2012, 01:26 PM
Montreal doesn't HAVE to draft a goalie...since obviousl they've got Brown and Serpe meaning that another NWJHL team will end up with multiple goalies, which is a positive thing because if both are active it creates a positive competition for the #1 position.

but brown will most likely call back by the steelhawks in the season.
so they might draft a goalie to be save, because if serpe gets a call back aswell, then they don´t have anyone.

... but okay thats theory and not our job.

Quote:Originally posted by joecool37@Jul 9 2012, 07:33 AM

but brown will most likely call back by the steelhawks in the season.
so they might draft a goalie to be save, because if serpe gets a call back aswell, then they don´t have anyone.

... but okay thats theory and not our job.
Well that's called calculated risk, they have to either take the risk of relying on their two send down goalies and get an extra skater or draft one of the inactive goalies to play it safe but then they'll be down a skater.

ppl stop creating goalies

The need for goalies should be much less, like 2-3 or so each year not 6, with the inactives and send downs, unless the SHL expands, but I doubt that will happen next season.

Perhaps the NWJHL would allow some of the new goalies to recreate prior to the draft?

Would be fair to them and perhaps give them more playing time? Though it is very close to the draft and hard to build much rep if you switch now.

So many goalies go inactive anyways or they will be active in juniors and not in SHL not many active back ups in the SHL and not many jobs (unless the comets or rage rookie fail) I don't see this being a big issue but it may lose the 1 or 2 goalies who actually stay around to become something G is the most inactive position with maybe 1-3 G ever being drafted as active and if ur lucky that 1 will stay active

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Jul 9 2012, 08:43 AM
thank u

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Jul 9 2012, 07:43 AM

yep...eventually just decrease the amount of goalies needed until there is none

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

I would say we need to just start requiring 3 or 4 goalies each year.

I think all teams should only have a cpu goalie, cept the Kings, tbh imo

Quote:Originally posted by Duey722@Jul 9 2012, 05:00 PM
I think all teams should only have a cpu goalie, cept the Kings, tbh imo

CPU Goalie > MacPherson :ph34r:

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]