Create Account

Smirnov Light Next Big Center?

[Image: 20040626_draft_malkin.jpg]
We are here to interview Smirnov Light after the draft, he went 34th overall to the falcons. We want to ask him how it was to be drafted to the falcons which especially felt Special to him because of the teammates he will have there, but more over the atmosphere of winning the GM has created. We also want to ask the center who has received comparisons to Evgeni Malkin due to his tremendous size and also because of his great skating playmaking and scoring ability. This kid is truly skilled. But will he keep on improving? Will he show the other teams that they shouldn’t have ever passed up on him, that he could become a big deal. We also wanted to ask him about the long wait especially because he thought he would go in the top 15. Also from our last interview he told us that he plans on improving on both sides of the puck and not being just a goal scorer and assist machine like how he could become easily, he wants to become a premier pure skating big sized two-way Center, and will want to win it all with the Falcons.
Interview Can you tell us, what was the atmosphere with your family during draft day?
Wow, that is a hard question, well I stayed with my parents until the draft begun. It is a very nerve-racking event which I would never ever forget. I was waiting anxiously thinking who and or where I would be drafted. And I couldn’t be happier about being a Falcon
Interview Are you happy about being drafted where you were?
Yes I would say so. I was welcomed into the Falcons organization by the GM’s and our first round pick diglet, who I feel we could create a dynamic juggernaut style offense for the falcons, he will surely get the puck down and now way would I ever hog the puck from him, if he is open, I’m hitting him with a pass

Interview Were you surprised that you lasted this long in the draft?
Maybe just a little bit but not too much. I was expecting more of the 12 – 23 part of the draft, But also this is a deep draft of great players which I wish the best of luck for and hope they move on to a successful career (unless you want to win the cup this year and are not a falcon :D) it is always interesting being drafted.
Interview were you envious or upset about being drafted so late in your terms?
No not really. People had the players all over the place, no one knew where anyone would certainly go, I had no clue tbh, I took a big guess and I got wrong, but without a bit of an ego you can’t play good, like one of my great former coaches said “you look good, you feel good, you play good” he told me that after I looked a bit shell-shocked early on in my career.
Interview Where do you expect to be playing?
Probably top 6 time as a center. I want to be playing with diglet on the PP and see the Magic that could be created with two great pure skaters
Interview anything confirmed about your role anything they want you to do?
Actually they want me to do a lot of task points, they say I have a lot of potential and I believe them, about my role, I would say create plays. I am not a grinder, but I do have the size and strength of one, but most possibly no. I am not too good defensively I can admit it, but I will work hard and do whatever they want me to do.
Interview Tell me, How many calls did you get during the day, either congratulating you or just in advance telling you best of luck and stuff?
Oh, Too many to count, all of my parents friends definitely called and every call I really listened to closely and thanked each one for their help along my way up to getting to the falcons organization in Detroit, I have taken some trips there and seen their arena before but never really got great access to the behind the scenes stuff but look forward to it.
Interview what do you think you can bring to your team?
Like I said, Power skating ability, I can skate past any defender, and I can use my strength to get passed any defender, and also I can pass the puck to a player on my team. I also feel on a 2 on 1 no matter what there is a goal that will happen, I can shoot and score, and I can pass the puck to my teammate, I can also stick handle past the goalie and skate it straight into the net. Defensively I am a big Body Checker and can clear out the slot of players looking to shoot, I will get them on their backsides within the 2 seconds I see them lining up.
Interview there were rumors of you being un-focused about the NWJHL and just caring about getting to the SHL, what do you think about those rumors?
Of course prospects would want to get to the majors right away, I mean which prospect wouldn’t, I would’ve never believed that I am a semi-modest person, I want to improve as much as I can this season so I can dominate in the SHL, if that is what you mean, then you’re incorrect. It is not just all about me improving, it is about developing into the correct player needed in the Majors, and more importantly being that leader who can step up for the falcons and can improve during the season to help us make a push towards and playoff run and win the championship which we can do when we have the players focused and developed by the end of the year.
Interview Glad to have you here again, hope you will have a great season with the Falcons, hope you had a great time, and more importantly don’t get frustrated down there, and you should always want to win.
:ahh!: thank you, and I wish to see you again. Great talking to you again.

1,054 Words
2 Pictures

[Image: tumblr_lnbjofCVzV1qenoqdo1_500.jpg]

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

sorry they are URL Tongue didnt get IMG in correctly :D

nice taron B) u better stay active :D

[Image: cuffana.png]

click IMG then paste the URL in the little box and say ok

ah.. too hard. do it next time. and thx :D

DONE Smile

great read buddy! Smile

Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons

Nice job. Falcons Falcons Falcons

Great article , loved it Falcons

dion knows taron lol hes that scrub who runs that shitty ehm league dion

what shitty? Number 1 EHM league running on forumotion. Most Active.

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Jul 9 2012, 10:37 PM
what shitty? Number 1 EHM league running on forumotion. Most Active.
i was joking <_< shitty for NJ lol my team sux therre im good on big js league

Quote:Originally posted by bballhandcuff@Jul 9 2012, 07:33 PM
dion knows taron lol hes that scrub who runs that shitty ehm league dion
I know Taron he is a beast and I'm glad we drafted him, going to be a huge steal and a future star in the SHL

yea.. Couldnt of picked a better team/GM/teammates/And a thing called BBall Tongue

Steal.