Create Account

S54 WFT #1 - Goal Songs
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 11:44 PM by hotdog.)

During last season, we saw the introduction of goal songs into the FHM streams. For this task, pick a goal song for any SHL or SMJHL team. Maybe it's a good fit for the location of the team, maybe it matches the team's theme, maybe it'll drive the opposing team crazy, or maybe it's just a jam - no matter the reason, match a song to a team and tell us why in 25+ words. YouTube links to the 10-second song section you would use are encouraged!

For meeting the 25+ word requirement, you will receive 1 TPE. 8-10 members who go above and beyond on this task will be selected as Participation+ members and will receive an additional bonus 1 TPE.

Deadline: Sunday, May 31st at 11:59 PM ET

This PT is for SHL players and senddowns only; it is not for SMJHL rookies.

"hey hotdog it's wednesday night why are you putting up the weekend fun time now dumbass"
With the elimination of the PT cap I want to give people more time to do the tasks since it's no longer possible to make up a "missed" capped TPE anymore; also I never really loved the "weekend fun time" name so if you have suggestions for new names for this smaller weekly task i'm all ears

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 12:00 PM by goldenglutes.)

The New England Wolfpack goal song should be Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi as a throwback to the STHS days when we used to pray to Simon before every game. Clearly we didn't pray hard enough.

Also the new WFT name should be Wednesday Weenie Words

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2020, 04:17 PM by Skeleton Party.)

Call it mandatory fun time.

I'd like to recommend that the Vancouver Whalers have Led Zeppelin's "Moby Dick" as their goal horn.  Firstly, it's a badass song and a huge pumpup for a crowd that's probably asleep.  Secondly, the lyrics perfectly match up with what Vancouver is doing this year:

Code:

Finally, the song Moby Dick is named after a famous Herman Melville story about a ship's leadership leading a crew of whalers to their death, which seems appropriate.

Whalers  Whalers Go Whalers. Whalers  Whalers

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

The New England Wolfpack goal song should be American Idiot, in reference to people who willing support teams in the New England Area. Sorry not sorry

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I feel like as a team based in Toronto, the Stars should pick any song by Drake. Like I mean... isn’t that given though? Honestly pick any hit Drake has and I would be happy with it.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 12:12 AM by boom.)

First off, the WFT label works fine if you rename it to Weekly Fun Time.

As for the goal song, my favourites in the SMJHL are Vancouver’s (okay, I’m biased, it’s still a jam) and Carolina. The Kraken used, fittingly, “The Kraken” from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, and the organ theme works flawlessly with their branding. Vancouver switched this season over to the Victoria Royals’ goal horn, which uses the famous song “Brass Bonanza”. This song is already linked to the Hartford Whalers, so the branding is natural, and the Victoria horn gives it some West Coast flair.

If I had to pick a SHL team’s goal song, this might sound a little unoriginal, but I’m going to go with ”Barracuda” by Heart for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, because it’s just an obvious fit with the name.

I’d also love to see Newfoundland in the SMJHL use an actual goal song. I don’t know why, but the “ha ha” just doesn’t do it for me. Perhaps a little Newfie-inspired Screech Out?

And finally, ”Hey Baby” by DJ Otzi. I may be the only person here who actually likes this song, but if it’s good enough for Canada’s actual WJC team, it’s good enough for here.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2020, 07:55 PM by _Blitz_.)

For the Scarecrows, I've been messing around with a few options that I'm not quite ready to reveal yet. I've seen a couple of good ones in the thread, though.

For the North Stars, I draw inspiration from Andrej Sustr's time with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Drej wasn't a good goal-scorer in the NHL, much the same way that Toronto isn't yet known for our offensive prowess. The main difference is that he preferred a more defensive role. In his last season, we still did goal songs for individual players, and his was "Oops, I Did It Again" by Britney Spears.
It's no secret that Toronto is tanking. Every goal we score is counterproductive in that effort. Oops, we scored again just seems like a fun temporary thing until we're out of our rebuild and ready to kick some ass.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 12:14 AM by Rotti.)

Chicago's new goal song should be 25 or 6 to 4. Why you ask? Well because that song is by Chicago. Where do the Syndicate play? You guessed it. Chicago. It all fits, and its a sick song.

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 12:54 PM by Matty7478.)

Here in Tampa Bay, the Barracuda faithful will not likely hear their team's goal horn very often this year. So, we may as well make our song something great over annoying, to get us even more hyped when we do something good. That is where my goal song choice comes from: Barracuda by Heart (0:57 --> 1:07 would likely be my choice). It's a rock classic made in 1977, with a fantastic guitar track and vocals that would get anyone excited. It shares a name with the team - hence why it makes sense to be used in this situation -  and would provide some solace every time it would be played during what will likely be an altogether tough season to play for the Barracuda.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

Hell Yeah by Rev Theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LuSP4QaXiQ

If this song doesn't make you want to run through a wall with the boys then I don't know what will. Between the BMS nostalgia and the absolute fire up, the goals would be piling up behind whatever poor soul the other team decided to sacrifice in net that night.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

It's definitely a good thing that I'm too lazy to take initiative and make a goal horn for us to use (we went with the Waters shitpost one instead), because I probably would've used a shitpost of some sort, like some sort of grainy audio of a rap song or something. I would say we could use Say So by Doja Cat but unfortunately she's cancelled now so that wouldn't be a good move.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

CBT

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 12:41 AM by frithjofr.)

Maybe for Toronto the goal horn could be a garbage truck backing up, or a toiler flushing, since they only seem to score in garbage time. Maybe 21-31 seconds from this? (But only that, because the rest of that song is deplorable, and Toronto should be shamed for even considering it.)

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Being the Vancouver Whalers, one may think we would use a call back in Brass Bonanza but you would be wrong. Since we are whalers and not whales (that is a key distinction) a perfect song for the goal is The Corries "The Bony Ship The Diamond". It's about a whaling ship and describes the hard task that was hunting for whales back when all you would use is a harpoon and a rowboat. A classic sea shanty that is a jaunty tune will surely get the crowd chanting. Simply the chorus will do:
"For it's cheer up my lads, let your hearts never fail
For the bonnie ship, the Diamond, goes a-hunting for the whale"

It should be a contender for a new goal song in upcoming seasons.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

The St Louis Crows song would be Dont believe the hype by Polo G because we dont buy into the hype of other teams we know what we have as a team and as a city. a verse in the song "I climbed out the darkness, now my patek shining bright" because we were down but now were up and will continue to shat on this league