Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

1st Game of the season

Toronto North Stars VS Manhattan Rage

Ruslan's first game was always going to be a big moment. Its that rubber hits the road moment. Are you going to be able to adjust to the league? How will you fair? Everything seems so fast and overwhelming, your nerves are shot and your jumpy. Each hit seems much harder, each player battles that much harder than before. Is all your summer training ready?

Interviewed after the hectic game, Ruslan said of it. "It was all just happening so fast, you are trying to take this moment all in. But you remember you have a game to play so it gets hard."

With the score tied 1-1 in the first, and the Rage hemmed into their own zone, special just got better.

"Kandinsky corrals the puck for Toronto. Sends it to McMaster at the blueline.
Donny McMaster flips it to Ruslan Zaporozhets.
Ruslan looks for open space.
turned away by David Vent.
Ruslan cuts back into the slot
SHOOTS!
Peter Larson fooled, Ruslan Zaporozhets scores!
Welcome to the SHL RUSLAN ZAPOROZHETS! ITS 2-1 TORONTO!"

Your first goal, in your first game? That's how you adjust to the big time.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 07:33 PM by shutdown.)

"And now, announcing your captain of the Anaheim Outlaws, Nick Connolly!!

“Nick. The GM wants to see you.” says the assistant coach of the Outlaws.
“Oh, great. What did I do now?” Nick thinks to himself. He hurriedly takes off his gear and tries to make himself look presentable before walking into the GMs office. A little nervous, Connolly is asked to take a seat when greeted by the GM and head coach in the GM’s office.
“We’re quite pleased with your play lately, Connolly. We like your hustle in practice, you’re vocal on and off the ice, and you represent the Anaheim Outlaws very well. This upcoming season, we’d like you to lead our team and be our captain.”
Nick was stunned. Just a few seasons ago he was a rookie scrub on the 4th line. Now he’s playing on the top line of one of the best SMJHL teams and also asked to be captain of it. He couldn’t be happier with how his hard work has paid off and is ecstatic leaving the meeting.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Definitely the best moment of my SMJHL career so far is my first start on opening day of the S53 SMJHL season. Will be something Scoochie will never forget. Opening day is always more hype than any other game until the playoffs so it was a lot of fun.

(PBP in the arena) "...and starting in goal, for your ANCHORAGE ARMADA, from Dallas, Texas....number 29...SCOOCHIE STRATTON"

(PBP on TV) "Was a little unexpected this season that the Armada's opening starter for the squad would be rookie Scoochie Stratton. He won the job after having an incredible pre season with a .933 save percentage with a record of 3-0-1 and an impressive 2.34 Goals against average. Scoochie was arguably the top goaltender of the pre season so him starting here was definitely well earned. It should be a fun duel of the future of SMJHL goaltending with Cal Covid attempting to outduel Scoochie in the other end. Covid is coming from the preseason with a .869 save percentage with a record of 2-5-1 and a 4.85 goals against average. Even though Vancouver isn't expected to be as strong of a team this year, this goaltender has been one of the bright spots for the team even though his stats weren't the best."

Even though we ended up losing the game it still was by far the best moment of Scoochie's career so far. Hopefully a lot more to come.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 11:16 AM by Otrebor13.)

Canada has found themselves in a game here as team DACH has cut the lead to 3-2. You can feel how tense it is, with Canada going up early.

Here we have a faceoff in the Canada zone, won by Atlas Rush. The puck moves it’s way behind the net to Gabriel Johnson. He holds it behind the net for a minute and looks up the ice, he sees a streaking Theo Morgan cutting across the middle of the ice. Johnson wires a pass off the boards and Morgan picks it up, he’s in all alone! He goes to the forehand, pulls it back to his backhand and tucks it in behind the DACH goalie and Canada takes a 4-2 lead! What a play by Johnson to find the open man and for Morgan to put that one past the goalie at full speed.

And just like that the final buzzer sounds and Canada is your Season 48 WJC Gold Medal winner! What a tournament and they cap it off with a nail biting game! Prior to the gold medal presentation, the WJC commissioner steps up and says: “What a fantastic tournament from both teams. I am here to present the DeMaricus Smyth Trophy for the WJC’s top forward, as well as the Brady McIntyre Trophy for the tournament MVP. With a fantastic tournament overall and adding a big goal in tonight’s game, your tournament MVP: THEO MORGAN!”

Winning gold with that team and getting those trophies for the tournament has been one of the biggest highlights in my career so far.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

We're down to the final minute of the opening game of Season 54! The Jets have seen their 2 goal lead evaporate and New Orleans has tied it up 3-3 and have been pressing hard this third period, scoring on the powerplay with 2 minutes remaining to tie it up and the way they are going, they don't want to see this go to overtime!

Specters pressing hard as time is winding down ... but what's this!

The puck is knocked loose ... chipped over the line ... and it's Goku Muerto blazing up the wing! He cuts wide, blowing past the defender!

He's in all alone ... fakes, shimmies, dekes ....

HE SCORRRRRRRRESSSSS!!!!

Goku Muerto has scored with just 30 seconds left to give the Jets the lead again! What a beautiful goal as his legendary speed was on full display! He made it look like the defenders were standing still, walked in all alone on Aleister Cain, and deked him out of his jockstrap before tucking the puck neatly behind the line! The fans here in New Orleans are stunned into silence as their comeback is denied, Muerto with his second goal of the game and the Jets will go on to win on Opening Night!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

There is only one candidate for this activity:

"With the twenty fourth pick in Season Fifty Four of the Simulation Hockey League Draft....

the New England Wolfpack select....

Originally from Biddeford High School....

James LeBlond - Defense - Anaheim Outlaws...."

A moment like that transcends any other moment in your life. When you realize your hard work has finally paid off and has taken you to the next level you have been looking for your entire life. But there's something particularly special about this one moment. Because it's a moment when a certain reality comes full circle. In that moment, you realize something that you only thought was merely a fantasy growing up your entire life. You realize that you get to play in front of your family and friends on a rather regular basis. You realize that creates a certain level of pressure, raises the bar, and requires a heightened sense of focus. You also realize it brings a special familiarity to your life, as the dream turns into effort, into dedication, into rewarded loyalty.

It's that moment it all came true....you're playing for the team you dreamed of playing for as a kid. You're wearing their colors, earning the right to have your name on the back supporting the colors and logo on the front. 

You're going home.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 01:36 PM by Evoner.)

Day 7: DET vs VAN

Radio Show: SMJHL ON Ice

Rep OrTer: Hello everyone and welcome to another beautiful day to play hockey in the home for the Vancouver Whalers, I'm Rep OrTer and this is my co host New Wrighter, and today we will be commenting on the Vancouver Whalers vs the Detroit Falcons. Now, I don't know if you know this but the Detroit Falcons were the previous CHAMPIONS of the season so this will be a tough match for any team let alone the Whalers.
New Wrighter: You got that right boss, with all the attention on the Falcons for another back to back championship, will the Whalers come through and make a splash or wash up on shore and crash?
Rep OrTer: Haha.. Good one, anyways on to the face off. Now, we got to be on the look out for this seasons rookies and send downs as they are slowly making an impact on the season.
New Wrighter: I'm keeping an eye out for Jason Desrouleaux and Devin Basher as they are the new rookies here tonight look at the plays they are making right now.
Rep OrTer: That's right but don't forget the veteran players like Name Redacted and Sven Yxskaft.
New Wrighter: Oh, can't forget the dark horse Walito Gretzky who joined the league a bit late but is slowly integrating into the league.
Rep OrTer: Of course, already picked up as a last pick by the Steelhawks SHL team, this quiet player will be someone to watch for.
New Wrighter: You better watch this game, the Whalers just scored 3 goals in the first quarter.
Rep OrTer: What do you mean it's only been like 8 minutes my coffee mach- oh low turnip prices, I can't believe it. It's only been one quarter, can the Falcons come back?
New Wrighter: We got to just sit and watch, do you have some donuts? I accidentally broke the coffee machine before the game.
Rep OrTer: ....Why don't you go and fu-
New Wrighter: And that was the first quarter lets go on break.
New Wrighter: Second quarter just ended in a heated battle but no goals on either side and the Falcons trailing by 3 goals still what an upsetting games for the Detroit Falcon fans. Right OrTer? OrTer? Where'd you go?
Extra: He went for coffee on the bottom floor.
New Wrighter: ooooh right, ok. Sorry OrTer. Third period starting soon after this break.
Rep OrTer: ...................
New Wrighter: ...........
Rep OrTer: ...................
New Wrighter: ...........
New Wrighter: Soooo, hows the coffee?
Rep OrTer: I actually hate you.
New Wrighter: Wow, strong emotions coming from my co-host, almost as strong as this play by the Whalers, what synergy passed along from their side to the Falcons side. Entering the PK Area. And a miss but picked up yet again by the Whalers Basher pass to Gretzky on the far right and shot from downtown.... A Goaaaal by Gretzky! Did you see that!?
Rep OrTer: What an amazing play, almost as good as this coffee.
New Wrighter: Stop being so petty.
Rep OrTer: Reach the ice and I'll smack you up.

Extra #2: Aaaand that's all the time we have folks, tune in next time on the media tab as these two go head to head on the ice with their respective teams? I don't get paid for this.

"And as the clock runs down, that'll do it! Your Season 23 Champions!!!! The New England Wolfpack wins their first every Challenge Cup against the Edmonton Blizzard!!!"

"Wow, Dick, what a team effort that was. The series started off a bit shaky - after those three wins from the Blizzard I thought for sure the series was over. But Alex Read stepped back onto the ice for game four and the team seemed like they regained all of their energy and confidence. And wow, Jermaine Tennyson - announcing his retirement and then coming out to show that he still had a bit more to give, what an amazing performance! When you were talking to Dean Colt during warmups today, I know he told you this team was going to come together and win for sure tonight - I can't believe I ever doubted him."

Obviously this was a big one for our team and for me specifically - my first season as GM, the team's first ever championship win, with an amazing group of players and facing down a huge and unexpected rebuild and we managed to pull it off. I remember the excitement all day between when the game was simmed and when the PbP happened as Storm and I waited to be able to share the excitement with the rest of the team. (And lots of references to specific things going on that season that some people who were there might still remember...)

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Code:
Written option: In 150+ words, write out a radio/TV announcer’s call of one of your favorite moments from your player - from this season, a past season, or even a past career with a different player. If you want, include a color commentator’s breakdown of how the play happened. As part of your PT (it counts towards the word count), explain what makes this a special moment for you.

"Commander Shepard dumps the puck in the Chiefs zone for Winnipeg. The Chiefs coral the puck but a speedy Shepard gets there quickly to nudge the defender off the puck. He finds a wide open Liam O'Callahan and O'Callahan's wrist shot is blocked by Gallagher. The puck finds its way to a trailing Calogero Crudelli who snaps a shot into traffic. He scores!!! His first as a Jet. Crudelli uses the screen perfectly and is able to beat Markus Tegernako glove side to give the Jets a 1-0 lead halfway into the first period."

This was a special moment for me because this was my first goal as a Winnipeg Jet. After having struggled the first couple of games into the season, it was nice to finally get the monkey off my back and score a goal. I've always dreamt of scoring a goal in the SHL and I'm very thankful for all the people who have helped me along this journey.

Code:
162 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

June 5th, Tonight, the St. Louis Scarecrows take on the Carolina Kraken.
(This was an amazing game for Kriss Darzins, he scored 2 goals in 8-0 St. Louis win against Carolina)

''Welcome back everybody, this is an amazing game by St. Louis team, they lead by 7-0 and we are back to see something more in this game.''

''Caroline Kraken lose the puck, Meszaros gets it...''

''He goes through the ice center.. passes to Elwulf Jericson..''

''What a move by Jericson, he passes to Darzins..''

''Here comes Darzins, he sends puck deep into the Kraken zone..''

''Foley gets it but he's hammered by Mega Tron, what a brilliant play by Tron.. ''

''Tron passes to Danny Marston, he makes fantastic move, he's already alone ........ ''

'' HE SHOOOOOOTS ''

''Someone tips the shot ....... waaaait , .... THAT'S A GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL ...''

''Goal scored by Darzins, he was the last who tipped the puck ...''

''That's he's 9th goal of season and second of the night, what a brilliant play by Darzins''

''Assists by Marston (13) and Tron (7), St. Louis with a comfortable lead now, the new score is 8-0.''

Akira Ren’s rookie season was a tough one, he definitely did not score as many goals as he would have liked. Scoring his first goal at the SHL level was quite the highlight for him, here was the call of the goal:

“Here we are back at the United center to start the third period between the Chicago Syndicate and the Buffalo Stampede. Faceoff is won by Daniel Smeb who draws it back to Jules Watt. Watt moves it up to Lallo Selman who brings it up over the blue line, Selman passes it back to Smeb but he is hit by Marius who steals the puck and is headed back the other way. He dekes around Watt but is nailed by Akira Ren! Ren moves it up to Westbroek who dumps the puck in. Retrieved by Selman who fakes the shot, dishes it to the blueline to Ren who shoot and scores!!!! Akira Ren his first SHL career goal from Selman and Westbroek to open up the scoring in the third period”

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

S53 Opening game

Players step on to the ice
They start to skate around goal in their own zone
Fans are cheering
Lights are flickering
Music is blasting through out the arena.
Its the opening day
Everything gets silent
Players line up to the blue lines
Crowds start to get up from their chairs
National anthems start to play
Young lady is singing
Crowd is 1000% in it
Players are singing from their hearts

This is the magic of opening day. This is the one day of the season where everyone gives 100%. The Players, Coaches, Trainers, Fans of both team, Commentators. Beers are spilling, Hot dogs are eaten. Nachos and Popcorn fly around.

Fans get loud again. Starting lineups start to get announced
Starting lineups get ready for puck drop
You can hear the player skate
You could hear a needle drop
Its dead silent
Puck drops
Fans start to get loud
Players are excited.
The season has started

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Game 6 of the S50 SMJHL Four Star Cup Finals, The Kraken are leading the Raptors 3-2 in the series, and it is 4-3 with about 3 minutes left. The raptors are putting pressure in the Kraken zone and after a lengthy shift with the puck in the zone, the Kraken can cross the line and get a dump and change in. Padraig Sarantez and Kaspars Claude jump on for the defensive pairing, Ravyn Tedisko, Bobby Lane and Joseph Weston hop on the ice and get a quick pressure going. Pinning the Raptors in their zone, the puck gets intercepted by Bobby Lane who passes it to Kaspars at the blue line for possession. The Kraken get a chance to set up in the offesnive zone. Claude sees Joseph Weston open along the half wall. Passes it, and like a sling shot he gets it right back and the opposing team got confused on that play. Kaspars is tracking along the blue line, moving to the middle of the ice where he sees an opening. Back door, he passes it to Ravyn Tedisko who shoots!......misses the net short side. Ravyn retrieves it and comes back infront, the goaltender has not held his post. Shiqa Vitalievich can not get there in time and Ravyn Tedisko wrists it! SCORESSS Goal Ravyn Tedisko assisted by Kaspars Claude and Joseph Weston. The Kraken go up 5-3 with less than 3 minutes to go and that could do it, and send the Raptors home for good and give the Kraken their first franchise Four Star Cup in their history of existence.

That officially gives Kaspars Claude his 3rd four star cup in 3 consecutive seasons playing with 3 different franchises*

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

First game, first point

“In his first every hockey game Josef Kubinec will probably see limited ice time. He just signed with Halifax earlier in the week so they barely had time to get a jersey for him and a number stitched on. The Raiders need all the help they can get though so even though Kubinec is an unknown commodity, he might pan out. Late in the first period now and the Whalers are leading 2-1. Jaguar Johnson his hit by Duggan and the puck is loose. Kubinec picks it up now. He’s had a few shots tonight but nothing on target. He takes it into Vancouver territory and launches it! No luck, missed the goal but Perry Morgan wraps around the goal and it’s in! Perry Morgan ties the game as we end the first period. Kubinec’s gets his first point in the first period of his first game. Promising start for the youngster.”

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

And here he is coming all the way from the Czech Republic... Vítek Víteček! In the recent interview, he said he was disappointed about not being nominated for rookie of the year. This season he is definitely looking to make some noise.

Michael Lee now with the puck looking for an opening, he passes it to the Czech talent... Panico scores! Tic tac toe from Lee, Víteček, and Panico! Carolina is up 2-0 against Kelowna in the season opener!

This is a special moment for me because this was the start of something great. I was coming into the season with hopes of getting at least 40 points. Right now I'm sitting at exactly one point per game with 22 games played and I'm at a great pace towards my goal. Despite having a slow start to the season I was really able to pick it up. I hope I can keep the point per game pace throughout the whole season.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!