Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

Man, more people in this league need to learn about my man Fitted. Dude's a riot at all times, can put down drinks like no one's business, and is someone I've drank over discord with. Absolute top tier drinking buddy.
For things I was voted for on, I'd agree with it not being me. The outliers being podcast where I think HTT was too new to really be fairly judged, and SHN which Smalinowski7 and I are both a part of.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Code:
Best produced media: Smalinowski7
Of course I'm going to argue FOR my baby Zerker..! It was @"Smalinowski7"'s media that caught my attention when he just only created in preparation for the SMJHL draft. I still can't believe, to this day, that we saw him drop to 17th so we could bring him in... Seeing him interact with an already immensely active user that was selected 3rd OA (@"NeonLime"), and then seeing them motivate other members to integrate the locker room (@Nhamlet, @Patty, and @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn, namely)... And then Ham started producing quality content too, which only incensed them both to strive for higher quality of content...

I'M JUST SO PROUD OF MY BABY ZERKERS, OKAY, AND I LOVE THAT PEOPLE RECOGNIZE HOW AWESOME THEY ALL ARE

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Code:

I am FOR Smalinowski winning the award for the best media pieces produced. I really look forward to any article that he releases because I know that even though it's probably going to be long, it's worth reading. I especially like his "Corsi Corner" articles because I'm always interested to see how the advances stats play out in the SHL.

Code:
60 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Code:
Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

On a level, Finn is a fun trash talker but there is no one close in SHL history to the one and only @gorlab when it comes to talking trash. Although he has been banned for over 4 years, everything that he posted was legit laugh out loud hilarious. I don’t think there’s ever been a time I’ve laughed more on the site than when he waged one man wars against different groups including the Renes, JP, the Blizzard and just about anyone else willing to argue with him. He was truly hilarious, had a way with words when it came to shit talking and no one will ever come close to the standard he set

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
Against, nothing personel kid, my favorite user is Kimmy

Most dedicated SHL sser: luketd
For, dudes a nerd.

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap
Agsinst, I think drinking with @kit would be wild! 

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
For. No contest. 

For. Pent up anger gets unleashed on SHL. Stay strong brother. 

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko
Against. Jobin no contest

For. actually true 

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
Wasn't there a snussu podcast that was pretty good? 

Best at graphics: Wasty
Probably a tie between wasty and Brandon

RETIRED

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke

Hoo boy, I think that the boys at the Big Slappy Hour are going to have something to say about this.

I have not listened to any SHL podcasts in some time, so I can only go based on what I knew at the time, but I think that the majority of typical podcasts that are around these days are equally good at providing quality entertainment for different reasons. I think any answer can potentially be the right or wrong one depending on how you look at it, but objectively speaking the best podcast is the Garbanzo Beancast, even if it may be dead.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

06-11-2020, 12:44 PMCarpy48 Wrote:
Quote:Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
I'll have to go with "against" here and be another member of Toronto picking our own GM. @ml002 has been doing an amazing job turning a team around as a relatively new GM and building Toronto up from basically nothing. I 100% trust his plan going forward and so far haven't seen anything negative. Not only that, he seems to know some FHM magic too that makes us win games that we shouldn't win.

Looking at your team page for the three s49 players your team drafted in the first round. Hmmmmmm

RETIRED

Like many of the categories, it's tough to pick just one team as the best managed. Buffalo is surely a worthy contender, but I'm very impressed by the patience of my own Texas Renegades in developing a deep and effective prospect pool, so I'll give them a vote and go against the proposed team (but no offense Buffalo)

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

06-11-2020, 04:40 PMNerio Wrote:
Code:

For, but only in the context of the rest of the league. WBF has an elevated trash talk game that manages to trigger half the SHL while not being offensive. Though in the Buffalo locker room, the trash talk direction is literally reversed on him.

Actually I think Weretarantula (or any Aussie/Kiwi in general) is up there for trash talking because not only will they do a very good job of making fun of you, they'll word it in a way that'll make you yourself laugh

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-11-2020, 06:45 PMMayuu Wrote:
06-11-2020, 12:44 PMCarpy48 Wrote: I'll have to go with "against" here and be another member of Toronto picking our own GM. @ml002 has been doing an amazing job turning a team around as a relatively new GM and building Toronto up from basically nothing. I 100% trust his plan going forward and so far haven't seen anything negative. Not only that, he seems to know some FHM magic too that makes us win games that we shouldn't win.

Looking at your team page for the three s49 players your team drafted in the first round. Hmmmmmm

Yes pls ignore my team

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

[Image: wbf.jpg]

I guess I'm for this. Finn is practically omniscient when it comes to finding places on this site to talk shit, so even just the pure volume is commendable. On top of that they're funny more often than they aren't. So well done Finn, you're good at being a big jerk.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Lmao this absolute joke of a person is not the best trashtalker. In fact, he gets consistently dominated in his own home by Aaron Wilson who is his biological father and the real man of the household. Imagine thinking Lee is anything but the small little beta that he is.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I would definitely argue in favor of best at graphics being Wasty. The man is a legend in the community and never fails to please with his work of art. The great thing about Wasty's graphics is that they are never the same. He always cooks something fresh and amazing.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

06-11-2020, 07:17 PMml002 Wrote:
06-11-2020, 06:45 PMMayuu Wrote: Looking at your team page for the three s49 players your team drafted in the first round. Hmmmmmm

Yes pls ignore my team

<3

RETIRED

Against on this one. Personally never seen WBF go deep on anyone before. Maybe he has in the past but as a new user if he has this title he should show it soon because the SHL needs some more trash talk. Honestly not sure who would be the best trash talker on here because I haven't seen very good trash talk. So maybe there should be call to arms to lets see some more scuffs.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]