Create Account

S54 PT #4 - Cooking Show

What is the name of the cooking show hosted by Nicholas Williams you ask? You are assuming Williams is a good enough chef to do a cooking show, that is very concerning. Alas, you would be right, Williams does have a cooking show in which he streams on YouTube weekly on Tuesdays. Now you may be asking yourself, what kind of food does the Detroit born, Louisiana living cook? Why that is easy my friends, it is everything. The title of the show is "Williams Burns Your Favorite Meals" or WBYFM for short. It is a pretty cool concept really. Viewers send me their favorite recipes and I attempt to cook them. Last week someone sent me a recipe for an old fashioned coney dog with a flavor filled chili sauce. After gathering all the ingredients and doing my best to prepare them, I started cooking. Now I have to admit, making chili and cooking hot dogs is not a hard task, this was probably the first episode I did not burn anything, accidentally. I grilled the dogs until the had a nice black coating around them, put them on buns, and scooped some chili onto them, and done. Tasty. The aim of this show was to make me a better cook once playing hockey is no longer a thing.

[220]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Well, as Björn has always loved hunting and fishing it is pretty clear that he wouldn't host just a regular cooking show but one where him and they guest of the show first catch the prey, what ever it might be. It would be show with two hosts as Björn would have some professional cook there as his partner. Show would start with planning session where they decide what to hunt and where, for further away locations rest days between away games could be used for shooting.

Guests are given opportunity to try fishing and hunting but they are not forced to. Once they have their fish or game Björn prepares a meal out of it at the location, usually something simple like cooking it over fire. Guest gets to taste it and rest is packed for professional cook to use at the restaurant where he will do fine dining serving from same animal giving them two different experiences from the same hunt.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Kwame Dakari has an interesting background. Being an African born hockey player, he's taking his game from Sweden, where he grew up to the Southern US, being signed by Carolina Kraken of the SMJHL and then being drafted to the New Orleans Specters. This guy has been around plenty of cuisine, from pickled herring to the world's finest beignets. Welcome to Cookin' it up with Kwame.

The first few episodes would focus on Kwame's roots as an African, displaying all the fine cuisine Ghana has to offer. From there he would move into Swedish fare, showing his journey of life where he finally ends up in the US. From there obviously keying in on Carolina BBQ and all that beauty has to offer and moving into Louisiana, crawfish, catfish etc.

Once Kwame has shown his path through life via food, we'd bring in more members of his teams. Players from Carolina such as Frans Eller, Jimmy Wagner, Vitek Vitecek would be invited on to showcase their favourite foods and tell the story of their journey to the league. It would be both a cooking show and sort of an interview for fans to learn more about the players.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Welcome to another weekly episode of Grillin' with Gotze! I'm your host, Manual Gotze, and this is the cooking show where if your food doesn't have grill marks (and hard-hitting smoky flavor) I get to check you into the boards and send you to the penalty box. It's a race against the clock, your other competitors, and my patience - I build up quite the appetite skating around our custom built ice rink and occasionally charging directly at someone to really up the intimidation factor (my apologies to that one competitor I "accidentally" ran into during the main cooking portion). For this week in particular, I want you to honor both my current and former teams in some way, grilling up a dish that combines the heart of Texas with the northeastern New England flavor. Will you take a surf and turf approach or go in some wonky direction? I really don't care, as long as it tastes good and is grilled hard. Everybody have their helmets on just in case?

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 10:06 AM by leviadan.)

No matter how hard he tried to shake them, it seems that a TV crew was determined to follow Burlok to his farm in the off season. He had no idea what they wanted or what they were setting up for until he got a short call from his advisor Zeke. "It's a cooking show," he said. "You're a champion now. They just want to see you do something. I don't know. It pays."

Hello and welcome to Sulfurgold's Spuds™! The show where we pull up fresh Sulfurgold potatoes, and then eat them. You might think that's not a cooking show at all, just one of those Twitch streams where the host sits there eating. You'd be mostly right. Burlok grabs his potato stool and the crew follows him out to the field. He sits down, reaches into the dirt, and pulls out a big potato.

"The healthy ones will fight you a bit, but it's just to see if your worthy." 

He whacks it against the edge of his potato stool until it stops trying to escape.

"They can't feel pain. I don't think... Anyway now that it's dead you can just start eating, that's my preferred method. But there's a few special things you can try if that's a bit too rustic for you. The most popular is to just take a few of the leaves here off the top and give it a good rub down. That'll add a nice strong potato flavour. The other thing I like to do is wait for rain." 

The crew watches as Burlok looks up.

"Think there's some coming."

They sit in silence for a while. Sure enough, a light rain starts.

"Yeah, so the rain here is famously pH neutral. According to the scientists that were here a few years back it's the world's most flavourless water. Said they've never seen anything like it. Something to do with the mountains I guess? Anyways let this soak the potato for a few minutes if you prefer something a little easier to swallow. The exceptional lack of taste in the water will help preserve the potato-like quality that you're looking for, despite it being much softer."

He eats. When the wet potato has been finished in it's entirety, Burlok picks up his stool and heads back inside. The crew films as he goes.

They sure didn't get what they came for, but sometimes you find something more beautiful along the way.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 06:59 PM by Thelastheraclid.)

[Image: Q304fQQ.png]
(edit for broken link)

Culinary Quarantine with Nat Emerson

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Code:
Written option (150+ words): What is the name of your player's cooking show? What type(s) of food will they cook? Will they invite on any special guests? Describe the show - either the overall concept, or the details of a single episode.

Calogero loves to cook and more importantly, loves to eat. The name of Calogero's cooking show would be Crudelli's Italy, kind of like Lidia's Italy, which is a popular Italian cooking show which has been going on for some time now. I want to cook all of the Italian classic dishes, some of my favorites are obviously pizza, any kind of pasta with tomato sauce, arancinis, lasagna, etc. I think I would do kind of what Serge Ibaka has done on Youtube, where he invites different teammates and personalities to his house and feed them his traditional food. I would invite someone from the Jets every episode and we would just eat and talk and the most important part, drink. Most of my teammates probably haven't been involved in much cooking in their life so I think what I'm going to do is have every special guest help me while I'm cooking so it can be more interactive and they can also learn a few things.

Code:
166 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Brady's cooking show is called Cooking Cookies! It's sort of a joke because you don't cook cookies, you bake them. Every episode is just Brady McIntyre baking cookies with a different person and talking about stuff going on in the SHL. The first guess, you already know, is going to be @Blastmeaway and we might toss a little something extra in those bad boys to make em a little more smooth if you know what I mean.

We're mostly going to be baking chocolate chip cookies pretty much every episode unless the guest brings their own idea on for the show, although Brady will still make his own chocolate chip cookies. Sort of like a running joke. "So Brady what are we making?" and he responds "Well it's been a while since I've had them so I figured with the season (interchangeably use the phrases just starting/in mid swing/coming to an/over) I figured now would be a perfect time to make a nice from scratch, homemade batch of chocolate chip cookies just like mom used to make.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Phineas has been having a cooking show since before this was even an inkling in the federations eye. In fact, early in his career, he tried to share with the league his recipe for the perfect Pumpkin Cake... called the PPK (Phineas Pumpkin Cake, the perfect thing needed for every Penalty Kill). Unfortunately, the league shot down his idea for a cooking show and it was doomed for failure until later on another player tried to revive the same thing. Thankfully the league shot that person down too otherwise vengeance would have been had.

The show centered around Phineas cooking with his dog Ice and just being generally goofy in his apartment. It was going to be a slice of life piece that would have had great Nielsen ratings amongst teens and 20's females (mostly because of his good looks). In the show, he would be baking delicious sugary treats and doing fun things with his dog like dressing him up or having a food fight.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

My cooking show is titled "The Dangler Party" in a crude play on the popular "Donner" party, which cannibalized their friends and loved ones for survival in the Rocky Mountains [I'm open to a better name suggestion]. Like the Donner Party, the focus of the show is going to be on cannibalism. As a cow hockey player, my co-host and myself will show a recipe for and against each of the guests on our show. The first few episodes are slated as such:
Eko Van Otter & Julio: Prime Rib and Fried River Otter Stew, Fish and Grass
Hippo Passamus & Julio: Nile Rump Steak and Manhattan Strip, Crocodile and Cud
Monkey D Luffy & Julio: Monkey Brain Stew and Sirloin, Grapes and Grazing
Harry Carpet & Julio: Carp and Avocado Rolls and Beef and Broccoli
The show is really going to rely on the personalities to retain viewers. No advertisers have contacted us about sponsoring the show.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Nick Brain would say no to the cooking show because as we all know, TV is soon to be a dead industry and everything will be available on demand through the magic powers of wi-fi. Instead, Nick Brain would do a YouTube cooking show, and to ensure solid first episode views, he'd invite Andrew Babish (creator of the Binging With Babish cooking channel) to do stuff.

The first episode would be cooking foods from Super Smash Brothers, with Nick lamenting the lack of Street Fighter related dishes and deciding to settle for the next best thing. The show would feature a perfectly cooked turkey, complete with bizarre lemon and tomato garnish for some reason, an in-depth look at the art of the shish kebab, and finally the making of a traditional cherry pie. All the food items would be tasted and judged as delicious, and then Nick would pull Babish's t-shirt over his head and pummel him into submission for having the audacity to steal the last stick of kebabs. It would all be in good fun though, and 25% of whatever ad revenue YouTube condescends to let Nick have would go to various charities.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Emilia hadn’t shown any penchant for cooking – and she certainly hadn’t publicized it were that the case – so she was a bit puzzled when approached for a cooking show out of the blue. But she was never one to flat-out deny an opportunity, and eventually opted to take one of her ‘lazy days’ to start shooting her show: Swede Off Your Feet with Emilia!

Now naturally, having just moved to the States a year and some change ago, there were some parts of American culture she still has trouble understanding. But she does love her traditional Swedish foods, which would be the frequent focus of Swede Off Your Feet; it would feature such foods as raggmunk with lingonberries and how to arrange and the perfect smorgasbord complete with meatballs, prinskorvar (little mini-sausage), and cured salmon. More than anything, though, she’d be excited to bring on teammates and even management to the series to showcase some of the awesome talents on the Stampede and Outlaws. As I suspect the viewing would be quite small at the beginning, she’d want to bring on local celebrities from SoCal so they could prove their cooking chops (no pun intended!) and her hockey mentor, Daniel Bischoff. She'd also have a blast feeding some of her guests with traditional Swedish food - including the pickled herring, of course!

Claiming this PT in the NSFL, where my username is Mysa!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!