Create Account

S54 WFT #4 - Playoff Race

Code:
Race for the #1 seed AND the last playoff spot, Western Conference:
Specters New Orleans Specters - 51 points, 13 games remaining Specters

pretty easy to see that the west is clear going to end in the hands of the most eastern team in the Western Conference. Albeit, these ghost bois are able to currently hold first place, in the West, while also actively hold the most games in remaining. Some, including the stats people over at the SHN, think this is a bad thing, however it is only pleasant meaning more points for the Specters to take home.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Code:
Race for the #1 seed AND the last playoff spot, Western Conference:
The #1 seed is going to be tight with LAP, EDM and NOLA. I think LAP and NOLA have the better chance just because of the games in hand they have. 3 games in hand is a big amount. But LAP is probably going to take it considering we play atleast 1 more time in the season and they have our number when it comes to our matches

The last playoff spot is going to be cool but the young Texas Renegades are going to take it. With the amount of kids doing the Renegade on tiktok, they have so much boost and fans that they have to make them proud by making the playoffs

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

I'm going to pick the race that hits closest to home for me, Hamilton vs Buffalo, I think Buffalo has the advantage here having more TPE on that team than Hamilton does. I don't really see a scenario where Hammy gets #1 seed, they will likely play Chicago in round 1.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

The Texas Renegades are going to be the underdog story of the decade. Not only will they make the playoffs, but they will be the #2 seed in the conference (falling just short of NOLA). Their deadly offense will carry them to the promise-land, while their D holds strong. Who knows how the Challenge Cup will go, but Texas is gonna be fighting for it!!  Renegades Renegades

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Race for the #1 seed, Eastern Conference: 

Stampede Buffalo Stampede - 62 points, 12 games remaining Stampede 
Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - 56 points, 13 games remaining Steelhawks 

With their win over Hamilton today, the top seed in the east will definitely go to Buffalo. Sure, Hamilton has a game in hand, but Buffalo has two games remaining vs Tampa as a highlight of their easier remaining schedule. 

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Tampa Bay Barracuda: Race to get a single point.

It's hard to predict which team will qualify to Play-Offs and which one will be in the first place, because all TOP teams are so damn close to each other in standings this season. There is only difference of seven points between first place of Western Conference and sixth place of Western Conference. On Eastern we have pretty similar situation aswell. It's much easier to predict how Barracuda will end this season. I see them winning championship title after 5 seasons, but now it's hard for them to even get a single point.

At this moment, Barracuda have played 38 games and all have been lost. They are in bad situation for now, but in good situation for the future. At this moment they have less total amount of goals scored this season than games played. 32 goals in 38 games. Plus, they just lost their GM. They have a lot of future draft picks and assets. For now - they need to focus on keeping their players active, because they might lose the interest if team performs so bad. They might go inactive or ask for a trade. Specially - new players. They had a lot of hits this season and it will be hard to get back on the track, but at the same time - with so many assets, it's hard to fail and not get back good or at least decent in few seasons.

They will have 2-3 bad seasons more and after that, their time will slowly begin. They will be back stronger and with pretty solid roster. For now - I think it's pretty easy to say that they will end this season with zero wins. They average less than a goal per game and they allow opponents to score five goals per game (average). They get crucified each game. Anyway - there might be some lucky game, but I can't see it right now. Their roster is bad in the background of all other teams. They have only one 1000+ TPE player and they could win only in SMJHL. But who knows - they might get lucky. Getting a single point might happen with some luck. For example, if game ends with 0:0 and Barracuda's goalie has an amazing game. It can happen, but I don't think it will...

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

The Manhattan Rage will not allow the New England Wolfpack to pass them, and they will hold on to the last playoff spot in th East. The handful of points they have on NEW at this moment will prove just enough to make it, and despite the game in hand the New England team will miss the post season.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Race for the #1 seed in the Eastern conference: Buffalo will win the race. They got close last year, but outschemed by the big 3 of the east, and knowing Tomen, he's got plans to lock up optimal seeding for his team. This is being typed 3 hours past the trade deadline, so I'm expecting to see some late-season schematics come in.

Race for last spot in the east: New England will make it to the playoffs, barely beating out Manhattan. Hotdog has the hottest strategies, and the team will be gaining momentum from the hotdog strategies vs the ace strategies. i think that's how it works. They've got a healthy and active squad that is going to keep updating until the league tells them its golf season.

Race to get a single point: Tampa bay has really made a late push and has come within 1 point of their goal of winning a game. with Trella now in charge of the flailing franchise (and a strong J franchise), I think he's able to shake things up and squeak out an overtime loss.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 06:28 PM by StadiumGambler.)

I feel like the Barracuda will somehow escape with an OT loss and win the race to a single point, if they have Toronto left and Toronto plays their backup, whoever that may be. The Fitted line is coming along, and they could steal one late in the year.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

I don’t think the Tampa Bay Barracuda will get a single point this season for the simple reason that you need to be able to score goals to get points and they average less than a goal per game and I don’t see it changing.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 07:58 PM by leviadan.)

Wolfpack Rage Wolfpack Rage

I think New England takes the last spot in the East over Manhattan. It's going to be tight, but they were just so dominant last year that it's hard for me to imagine them missing this time around. I haven't followed their story too deeply this season, but you have to imagine that things start going their way a little bit more in the back stretch here. Their a better team than their points indicate, in my opinion. Which, in fairness, does not mean much. I am by no means an expert, but as someone on a team that won it all last year but has had consistent struggles this year, I can understand New England's position a little bit. It's a long way to fall, and it's hard to watch. I hope the best for them in the last twelve games!

Rage Wolfpack Rage Wolfpack

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Although Tampa Bay with no points has shown that it could easily carry on this way, I think Tampa Bay pulls out and gets at least a tie. With 14 games remaining, there is plenty of time for another team to drop the ball against them. So, I think Tampa is able to actually pull it off and secure at least one point this season.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

For sure NOLA will lock up number 1 especially with amazing run they have been on. They are a deep team and jimmy slothface will lead this team to the cup they so desire

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Tampa Bay vs. Winning:

I think Tanka Bay is going to come out on top here. Outside of TOR, I don't see any team that Tampa is even capable of putting up a real fight against. That's nothing against Tampa, just more a function of them not having the firepower to do it intentionally.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Since I'm not in the SHL I think the race to get a single point is a great one to follow. TOR and TBB play each other a few more times I believe so two of the worst teams going at it could result in that first TBB win. Maybe they'll finally get fired up after their GM just got fired

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]