Create Account

Kwame Dakari/Updater Punishment

It was brought to the attention of SMJHL HO that a S54 player(Kwame Dakari) on the Carolina Kraken roster has played over the 350 TPE Cap. The player was updated past the cap on 6/6 and was corrected today. In that time the player played in 19 games with an illegal build.

SMJHL HO has decided on the following punishments regarding this issue.

1. Kwame Dakari(@Zaitsev) will serve a 9 game suspension, effective immediately.

2. The updater(@Nhamlet) that processed the update allowing the illegal build will be fined 1M

As with any punishment, Carolina & Nhamlet are allowed to appeal.

Tagging those affected as well as CAR management
@FuzzSHL, @"cpetrella", @Zaitsev, & @Nhamlet

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

updaters are being hunted in droves

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 11:46 PM by bluesfan55.)

welcome to the over the cap club (led by me) where all the cool kids reside

(to be honest, how the fuck did it take 19 games to find out this guy was playing over the cap)

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Everyone tryna be like Andrei.

None of them as clean.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

06-19-2020, 11:49 PMJNH Wrote: Everyone tryna be like Andrei.

None of them as clean.

Lmao literally out loud

[Image: Wally.png]

06-19-2020, 11:46 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: welcome to the over the cap club (led by me) where all the cool kids reside

(to be honest, how the fuck did it take 19 games to find out this guy was playing over the cap)

On me for not checking updates as I should, especially after having 9 or so players wrong in the file earlier this season. I remember how confusing things were even in my second season in the league, it’s easy to have certain things slip your mind when you’re excited about things. The updater should have caught it, but knowing Hamlet I know it was an honest mistake.

I don’t know how it was caught, but I’m glad it was. I just feel bad for Zaitsev through all this. Guy’s excited about the league and a rookie mistake (literally) is costing him.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 02:13 AM by hockeyiscool.)

I hope Dakari gets a say in his final 350 build.

Seems like new updater saw this mistake. Props him for that.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

The updaters have added functionality to our sheet that will tell us when a player has gone over 350 so we can catch this earlier and remind players of the rules.

That being said, updaters do a lot of work and are human. By my count Nhamlet has updated 530 players over the past 3 seasons and this is first (I think) mistake, meaning he has been 99.8% accurate. The constant "hurr durr updates messed up" commentary is frustrating, especially for a site that constantly blasts punishments for people not taking responsibility for knowing the rules. We don't shit on people when they have demented updates with simple math errors (publicly at least) and until updates are completely automated mistakes are going to be made as much as we try to avoid them.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Fair punishment and glad to see there is now a system in place to prevent this

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

::(

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

06-20-2020, 01:42 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
06-19-2020, 11:46 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: welcome to the over the cap club (led by me) where all the cool kids reside

On me for not checking updates as I should, especially after having 9 or so players wrong in the file earlier this season. I remember how confusing things were even in my second season in the league, it’s easy to have certain things slip your mind when you’re excited about things. The updater should have caught it, but knowing Hamlet I know it was an honest mistake.

I don’t know how it was caught, but I’m glad it was. I just feel bad for Zaitsev through all this. Guy’s excited about the league and a rookie mistake (literally) is costing him.

Zaitsev ain't a rookie here

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France