Create Account

S54 PT #5 - Parent's Day
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 09:38 AM by takethehorizon.)

I currently have no children and no plans to have any in the near future. Without even a girlfriend, it is my time to focus on hockey. However family is family. I had the chance to talk to my mom and plan something nice for Father's Day this weekend. I had the family fly up to Kelowna to meet me for the long weekend. I was able to score them some tickets to our game against STL and take them out to dinner afterwards. We went to Waterfront Wines Restaurants which is right on Okanagan Lake. My father loves fine dining and always seems to find a nice seafood dish on the menu. I sent mom out for some shopping the following day so I could spend alone time with my pa. He was a big reason I am the hockey player I am today. He didn't play much growing up but he was able to give me the resources I needed to develop myself to this point in my career. I cannot thank him enough. Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there!

(186 words)

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Rhys Pritchard doesn't have kids yet and he lost his father to heart disease when he was a child. His mother is very special to him so for Parent's day, he flew her, and his younger brother Owain, out to Los Angeles to do some sightseeing and spend some time on the beach. Rhys plans for them to stay through the end of the season and hopefully for a chunk of the playoffs.  Especially if the Outlaws will be able to secure home ice in the first round. Depending on opponent, Rhys may have them travel with the team in order to see another North American city or two. With this being his last season in Juniors, Rhys hopes that his mum and brother will be able to stay with them for the duration of the playoff run, but it's unclear if their schedules will allow it. As for a gift, Rhys prefers to always take his mum out for a nice dinner, so they hit his favorite spot in downtown LA and of course went to get some ice cream after.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Kata Vilde celebrated his late father Randy Macho Man Savage in a very special way. He was given much of his father's old ring attire so he got all dressed up in the Macho Man outfit,grabbed a crapload of Slim Jims and went off to visit Calgary's homeless shelters and Children's Hospital. Vilde has the ability to mimic his late father's voice and even though he doesn't look exactly like him he can do a pretty good imitation. The homeless shelter went crazy when he walked in and hollered ohhhhh yeahhhhh, snap into a slim jim! He spent quite awhile there and passed out the spicy treats to all who wanted them. After that he was off to the Children's hospital where the kids didn't quite know what to make of him. They laughed like crazy at his funny outfit and his voice and hopefully for awhile he was able to give the kids something to smile about. All in all he felt it was a fitting tribute to his father.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

06-22-2020, 02:01 AMhotdog Wrote:
06-22-2020, 12:41 AMZombiewolf Wrote: I have no children so how am I supposed to do this pt

Do you have parents

no

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

06-22-2020, 10:57 AMZombiewolf Wrote:
06-22-2020, 02:01 AMhotdog Wrote: Do you have parents

no

sad

you can write/do a graphic about someone else's children/parents then

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: unknown.png?width=819&height=596]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I'm not a parent; while I do have a girlfriend, we haven't really started planning about having children since we're both on the young end (I recently turned 20, and she's a couple months older than me). So for Parents' Day, I ended up gifting things to my parents, naturally. I flew back to Alkmaar to visit with them (having not seen them in about a year or so, although I stay in touch with them), and made sure to give them things that I thought they would like and be close to their heart. The first thing I gave them was the stick with which I scored my first SHL goal. They've been really supportive and I wanted to thank them for their support of my career. I gave my dad a new AZ Alkmaar kit, as he's a big football fan, and I gave my mom a new set of sticks for field hockey, as she still plays it recreationally. It was great to visit back home and see my parents.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Phelps has 3 kids, for father's day they woke him up with breakfast in bed, which was just toast with peanut butter on it, but the thought was nice. After breakfast he got up and they had set out a bunch of candy bars and chocolates for him on the kitchen table and made him a father's day card. The card had thumb prints on it that had been made into little mr potato head looking characters, each made to look like one of them. It was cute. In the afternoon the kids and Nicole, Robert's wife and kids cleaned out his daily driver, a pearl white Range Rover Sport. And for dinner they barbecued some steaks, corn on the cob and baked potatoes and had Robert's parents come by to sit around the yard and eat dinner. It was all in all a great day.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Mika is not a father himself. He's a single guy living in Toronto who isn't interested in being tied down at the moment. He does miss his own parents who are all the way back in Siberia Russia, though. They had a nice long video chat and they were able to catch up. He's been filling them in on how his career and life is going in Toronto. Now that he's making the big bucks here in Toronto, Mika decided it was time to give them a great gift. So, Mika decided to buy them a house in Toronto so they could come live in North America and stop working so hard on the family farm. Mika thought this would be a great thing for them to do and enjoy the retirement years of their lives closer to him and in a bit more luxury. His parents were thrilled and will be moving to Toronto to spend most of the year there near Mika. His dad is especially excited to be close enough to see him play hockey in person. They are both extremely happy and excited about this new chapter in all of their lives.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

For parent's day, Carlos flew down to his hometown for a surprise visit to his parents. The day was cut short when Carlos realized he'd gotten his dates mixed up and actually had a game to play that night. Carlos managed to lace up by game time but needless to say he was tired after a long day of air travel and very few actual time with his parents.

The game didn't end up going well for Carlos he didn't score and certainly didn't help anybody out there. After the game he got a call from his mother, as he always did after a bad game, to remind him how talented he was and how they were proud of him despite how much he sucks out there every night. His father however, had much to say about what he thought Carlos could've improved upon. Carlos didn't take advice though, and went on to suck for the rest of his career.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

Jimmy Slothface is most definitely not a parent yet, and it remains undetermined if that will ever change. He is quite happy not having kids though, so that isn't an issue. Jimmy would still celebrate both Mother's and Father's Days, and the SHL combo of Parents' Day would be no different. He would fly them out to New Orleans and they could stay at his large Victorian mansion that is in the heart of the city. The house is big enough that it won't be overbearing for either party, but it is nice to have the parents around. Jimmy and Olivier would treat the Slothfaces to some of the nicest amenities the city has to offer (spas, etc.) and set them up in a luxury suite at all of the New Orleans Specters games while they are in town. They would all try to get a nice dinner together each night and spend as much time together as they could. It would be a great trip for all four and I think it would give the boys a good push for the playoffs.
183 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Code:
Written task (150+ words): Is your player a parent? If so, what'd they get for Parent's day? Did the kids do anything special? If your player has parents, what'd they give their parents for Parent's day?

I got to travel home for parents day and got to spend the day with them in Vancouver, BC. For this parent's day I took them out to our favourite pho restaurant and with BC beginning to re-open its economy, restaurants and other places to gather are opening up. My parents told me that they do not like to receive gifts, so instead I just took them out to eat and we just caught up over pho. However, on our way home I surprised my father with a new car (as he has been using the same car for over 10 years now) and I thought it was time for an upgrade. It is rare to see my my dad cry so I know that this was a special moment and I cried as well  Crybaby

For my mom I got her a necklace from Tiffany's and I went with whatever the sales associate recommended for me for a mom because I do not have the slightest clue when it comes to jewelry, but I know my mom always wears a necklace! 

Code:
182 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Nicolaj gave birth to the shl scraper at a point in time. Was it painful? yes. Was it worth it? no. Actually he cant recall since the scraper recently died after a year of life. A year in bot years is like 20. Nicolaj took a leave of absence due to sad and came back to revive the bot and possible give it new life. To do this he needs the numbers on the front of your credit card, the month and year, and the three little digits on the back. This way he can make sure the bot stays alive for infinity years. Wouldn't that be so cool! Imagine. A live bot that lives and does stuff like post memes. Also his kid needs to be in 100 discord servers. So let's get it to 57 more so we can get that epic win! Imagine having a cool check next to the name and nicolaj gets a cool "developer" badge on discord. Do it or else.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]