Create Account

S55 Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 01:57 AM by Katth.)

Knights  Knights  Knights

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the GM. We finished last season losing in the second round unfortunately, but we're looking for new players to help us return to the finals & walk away victorious this time. Below are some questions to help us decide who would fit in our organization. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? 

10. Anything else you would like us to know?

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind.

Knights  Knights  Knights

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) Closing in on 3 years in SHL

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Championships

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Crosby

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 2 or 3

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I do graphics often if I get orders in my shop or feel like doing them.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I'm pretty knowledgeable about the site so I could help out new people.

[Image: bufflook.gif]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Music, gaming

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? I'm excited to play for whoever drafts me!

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Nothing that comes to mind.

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind. That is terrible, but you seem set in your ways so I don't know how I could convince you.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)

Yes, but I'm still fairly new to them. Joined NSFL a couple of months ago. 

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

Think having a good locker room environment is what really makes the game fun, but winning is a definite bonus. 

Two-way defense, but willing to change it up to whatever the team needs most. 

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

Kind of indifferent, still getting to know the league and don't mind staying down as long as necessary.

More interested in graphics but will try to do both from time to time to keep something in the bank account.

Pretty chill person who gets along with others, try to support my teammates and do what I can to help out. 

I was lucky enough to get cheap tickets to this game before Smytty announced his retirement (he's one of my fav Oilers players), so this one's just a neat memory.

[Image: 61Y0ir7kqDL._AC_.jpg]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

I like sports - mostly hockey, football, and soccer. Also play a lot of PC games.

I'm interested in playing with whoever's interested in drafting me, although a Canadian team would be neat.

Not that I can think of at the moment.

I can't disagree with this logic. 

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 02:15 PM by Pythonic.)

If Hockey Dynasty counts as a sim league, then yes. I've been with it for about a month and a half now.

As much as I'd love to win championships, I'd probably enjoy making connections in the locker room more.

Speedy sniper type, along the lines of Tarasenko and Marchand.

Preferably about two seasons. If it's possible to make it up in just one season, then I might just try going for that.

I'd probably be far better at writing media articles and such.

A down-to-ground kind of personality, along with a guy for a drive for success in the future.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

I like to play video games, mostly. I also play the saxophone.

Yes. It's kind of why I'm making this post (also tpe lmao).

Nope.

You don't combine the sweet flavor of pineapple with the cheesiness and sauciness of a pizza. It just doesn't work.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Nope this is my first one!

A close-knit locker room will lead to championships!

Quick little fffensive rushing defenceman, think Quinn Hughes.

Probably 3-4, depending on how good the group is.

Will be focusing on trying to be pretty consistent with media.

A positive attitude, consistent presence, frequent updates on the winnipeg jets, and hopefully some sim luck.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Some gaming (mostly like single player rpg's), playing rec/beer league hockey and also some other sports depending on the season, reading

Ya i'd be down.

Blake Wheeler is bae.

You know who else likes pineapple on their pizza? Leafs fans. Make of that what you will.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 08:51 AM by Mooney.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters) NSFL for 5 months? (Time flies)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? At the SMJHL level the locker room is more important. Ultimately its a development league and while you can and should make every effort to win, its not important for the leagues development

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) I know very little about NHL but I would like to be the best build to score goals, currently a sniper build

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) I'm happy to stay in the SMJHL as long as I'm needed there. As an offensive player I expect to be down for longer.

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I like making Gfx in the NSFL and while not quite as active here, I would be happy to do some still

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I'm chill and friendly and like hanging out in my LR's. I hope to be active and help my team win.

[Image: cTG39XknR4l0M40DX_duUZIiyrVGRy7MNPe4vmc9...mDracr3HVA]

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I like gaming (PC), NFL, MMA and football (soccer) and drinking to forget life's problems.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? I'm interested in playing for whichever team would like me. Naosu was on KC in the DSFL and he seemed cool.

10. Anything else you would like us to know? Discord is Mooney#0110 if you want to ask me anymore questions.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are the one true authority on pizza and they say pineapple shouldn't go on pizza. Who are you to oppose the Turtles?

1. Nope.

2. Don't want either of them.

3. George Parros.

4. 1 season.

5. Barely.

6. Nothing at all.

7. Don't have one.

8. No hobbies.

9. Nope.

10. No.

11. No thanks.

[Image: 3.png]

Nope, definitely brand new, thank you for welcoming me to the league.

Yes.

Basically Pavel Bure.

/shrug

I'm sure I'll still crank out the occasional media, but I have some money left over so don't be too alarmed if I don't.

Frequent reminders that the Toronto Maple Leafs lost a National Hockey League game to a 42-year-old zamboni driver who works for the team.

[Image: cpt1228075597_low.jpg]

Gaming, especially iRacing.

Sure. Especially if I can bring cookies.

Nah.

You're subhuman.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) No

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? Close knit championship

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Nikita Kucherov (good speed, winger, can fly up the wing and find space, bang in a rebound, or get a puck on net so another player can collect a rebound. Hard to defend, quick winger)

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) 1

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? What are those

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? Brownies

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! no thank you

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). Heroin, PCP

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? Absolutely, Bent played for them, my first player Miller almost played for them back in S5

10. Anything else you would like us to know? No

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind. Agreed, it's actually good

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 12:34 AM by Leafs4ever.)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

SHL forever, NSFL and PBE as well.

A close knit locker room wants to win for their teammates, they are not mutually exclusive.

Elite, two-way player.

I assume I'll be down for at least 2 seasons, especially with the switch to FHM.

Graphics, no. Media, maybe. I have a huge bank built up so don't really need to.

Experience, humour, easy going attitude.

Most other sports, video games, music.

I have nothing against the franchise, so why not.

You won't regret it if given the chance to draft me.

I don't need to, you are correct.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters) asll of them for various lengths but the SHL is my one love. been here since S28 so like 3 or 4 years?

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room? LR for sure

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable) Two way forward in the mold of Marian Hossa

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal) at least 3 seasons

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics? I have league jobs that supplement my income so I don't do much media.

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team? I'm a strong and consistent discord presence and I'm as sure a thing as it gets. I'll be at the top of the class in earning and activity.

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo! \_ it's a hockey stick!

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.). I love gaming and cooking for the most part, even going to school in culinary management this fall.

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? I have no strong feelings one way or the other

10. Anything else you would like us to know? nope

11. I like pineapple on pizza. Change my mind. I'm gonna pretend I din't see that

I have, joined this place years ago and now going into my third player. Also, I have built quite a few players in other leagues like VHL and SBA to name few.

Championships if we are talking about in general.

2010 - 2011 Ryan Kesler, I want to score goals and be an annoying player to play against, aggression and crashing the net non stop.

I don´t know, 2 sounds most likely, but it depends on what the SHL team looks like and where I´m at as a player then. Can I get at least third line minutes, if not then I might stay for longer.

Not much, going to write here and there, but nothing massive to earn equipment money for example. When a idea comes to mind I might write.

Maybe some simulation league experience in general and humorous commentary.

Gaming little bit, I listen to music and comedy podcasts, lately started watching The Sopranos from the beginning as well.

Sure, if you pick me - happy to join!

I´m building a center

Cant be done, you are too far gone.

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
Started here in SHL almost 4 years ago. Since then, I've been in SBA, SFC, SCOR, ISFL, PBE, GOMHL, SLL & GRSL (I think that's all of em).

In my experience, they feed off of each other. If you're winning, people stay more engaged. If everyone's active, they'll grow into a competitive unit.

Petrovs have no equal. I wanna go fast!

Played here for 3 seasons my first time around, so I'm expecting about the same.

I'm not a big writer, but I dabble in some graphics, even if people like engi & Wasty make my stuff look like hot garbage.

Experience

[Image: QuickScorpion.gif]

I love sports in general, but baseball is my true passion. I like to play video games when I'm doing league stuff, mostly things like MLB The Show, OOTP & Rocket League as of late.

My first player is already in your Ring of Honor, so yeah I suppose you could say that.

NEED MOAR PETROVS

Why would I do that? It's delicious.

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

yes. just retired Cedric Robinson. former Detroit co-GM. former SMJHL commissioner.

LR culture is more important but the team has to be competitive for that to happen.

wal-mart brand ryan o'reilly

you know as well as i do that i have no agency in answering that question. ask the SHL team that drafts me.

limited. i was a professional writer in a previous life so i can knock out 1000 words in an hour if i need to. i'm also on the SHL dev team so i get occasional payments from that.

i am extremely active on discord, especially in special interest rooms.

brower goal against chicago in 2016.jpg

i was a music minor in college and still have a guitar/drum "office" in my basement.

meh? kelowna is kind of a nothing team to me. i know nothing about the current management or team culture. i would need to be persuaded to care about kelowna.

not particularly. this IP thread is very long so i can't imagine there's anything else you care about.

i have no interest in doing that

Yes. NSFL - Since Start. PBE - On and Off since Start. GRSL - Last Season. SHL - S38

Both of 'em. A close LR wins championships.

N/A (I don't know hockey well.)

2-3? Idk

It's there. I'll write maybe, once or so a season.

Petrov Love, Petrov Life.

N/A (I don't hockey much.)

Working. I guess. Football, and Basketball are my main sports.

I am interested in playing anywhere. As long as there is Petrov love.

No.

It's okay to be wrong.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]