Create Account

S55 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

[Image: Colorado.png]

Welcome to the SHL! The Colorado Raptors are excited to learn more about the prospects entering the league. With a first round playoff exit last year but a strong core of young players, we are excited to add new talent to our team in our chase of the 4-Star Cup!

We have some questions for prospects interested in joining the Raptors listed in an easy copy and paste-able format. Please provide your answers in the space under each question and a member of our scouting department will reach out to you if we have any other questions.

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far?  What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required![/b]

[b]2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?[/b]

[b]3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.[/b]

[b]4) What is your favorite dinosaur?  Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?[/b]

[b]5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more![/b]

As always any of you can message me or @NONAME directly either on site or on Discord and we'll be happy to help you however we can (LordBirdman#8555). The SHL is a cool community and can quickly become an addictingly fun hobby! I hope you enjoy your experience with the SHL and good luck at the draft this Saturday!

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far?  What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!

The only simulated sports league I have experience with is Hockey Dynasty, if that counts. The site's pretty nice, so far. Was brought here by the partnership with HD.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?

python#7936

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.

Speedy sniper, along the lines of Tarasenko of the Blues or Marchand of the Bruins.

4) What is your favorite dinosaur?  Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Utahraptor. Yeah, sure, why not. And as a Bruins fan... yeah, you know it.

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more!

I like building computers for my friends and other people in general, so I make a bit of cash off of that. I enjoy all sorts of games, from Mario and Pokemon to Red Dead Redemption and Counterstrike. Used to play JV lacrosse back in eighth grade, before I upgraded to hockey.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far?  What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!

Coming up on 3 years since I joined SHL, I don't really dabble in any other leagues.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out?

I use discord, already in yours

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons.

Two-way playmaking center

4) What is your favorite dinosaur?  Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Probably the giant fish one. I'd happily play for you guys if I was drafted but truth be told I think it would be cool to play for a different SMJHL team than I did with my last player (Gary Grease). I heavily dislike the leafs.

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more! I guess you could say that the SHL is my weird hobby. As far as games I mainly play CSGO or whatever new story based singleplayer games come out. The only sport that I mainly watch is hockey.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Currently have a player in the NSFL. First time SHLer, was made aware of it by fellow NSFLers. Site is pretty good, I like the banking system and such. Lack of PT and ice time has made it a little harder to stay involved/interested but I know that's just temporary so no biggie.  

Yes, I can and will discord - Kyamprac#1695

Currently building two-way defense, open to other builds if the team needs something else more/is willing to help.

Albertosaurus maybe, dino gang sounds pretty sweet. Maple Leafs... do you meant the Make Beliefs? 

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more!

Currently playing Bioshock, Subnautica, and a handful of other games. Might be worth mentioning one of my fav games (despite its flaws) is Ark, so woo dino gang. Love sports generally, but mostly watch hockey (Oilers fan), football, and soccer. Don't really have any weird hobbies outside of these sim leagues maybe. Met my husband online in another forum-based game so I guess that's kind of a weird fun fact. I don't know, if you want to know anything else just bug me on discord - happy to chat anytime Smile

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!

I have all the experiences on the SHL that one can have.

Yes, I'm active on discord.

Elite, two way player.

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?

I'm basic, give me the T-Rex. As for the Leafs, as if you have to ask.

I like almost all sports, play video games (halo, pokemon, sports games) and can have a conversation about almost anything.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

1. 3 years worth of experience across many sim leagues.
2. Yea I have discord.
3. Solid two way guy
4. Idk the flying one is cool
5. Well my name is JSS, is that enough info

[Image: 3.png]

This is my first Simulated sports league and I am loving it so far. I was told about it by my friend who is already a part of this, Nhamlet.

Yes I have discord. username is Festinator#2626

I am looking to build a quick, offensive rushing defenceman that is still responsible in his own end.

Triceratops for sure. Gang gang! I do not like them but they are exciting to watch I must say.

I play beer league hockey, started a year and a half ago and have been loving it ever since. I like single player rpg's mostly, played a lot of dragon age and the witcher 3. Also play a lot of chel and fifa. I watch soccer a ton, it is my second favourite sport, and i participate in either multi-sport leagues or basketball with some former coworkers.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 07:35 AM by jRuutu.)

I have been on the site for multiple years and I´m now starting my third player. I also have some experience from other sites.

I use it or well I have it, not a huge fan of it, but I try to be there here and there. Also, I do check messages etc in Discord once per day. jRuutu#0351

I have a rough idea, currently building sniper center of some sorts, going to have some physical element as well, but basically a strong player who is close to the net and likes to shoot, that is the plan at the moment.

Megalodon, I don´t know that much about dinosaurs and what comes down to Leafs - no hate or love feelings towards the team.

I´m from Finland, I have no weird hobbies other than roleplaying as an athlete in these simulation leagues. I used to play a lot of NHL on PS4, but that has gotten really boring, so I have played other games like Kingdome Come, Wolf Among Us and the Batman Telltale lately. I listen to comedy podcasts fairly often, and of course I like to listen to all types of music.

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required! I've been in them all but this is my true love. been here for like 3 or 4 years.

2)Our locker room where we discuss all things SHL and otherwise is hosted on Discord, is that something you currently use? If yes, what is your Discord name? If not, would you be interested in trying it out? I pretty much live on discord, you can hit me up anytime at JR95#8100

3) FHM gives you the freedom to build towards a specific player type, is there a type of player that you are looking to build? Colorado has a slew of people ready to help you get the most from your first few seasons. Two Way Forward

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?Imma just skip to the last question cus thats an important one. I'm a sens fan, sooooooooooo

5) This question is designed to be open ended because filling these out is lame and time consuming. Tell us a bit more about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so it's important for us to try to get to know you a little more! Been playing a lot of Escape from Tarkov lately with a few SHLers, other than that I like to cook and am going to school in culinary management this fall.

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? How are you liking the site so far? What brought you to the SHL? Experience is not required!
Okay, story time. I stumbled onto the SHL nearly 4 years ago while randomly searching for the Swedish Hockey League. Now, here we are. I've got 40+ seasons of GMing experience across multiple leagues, including a brief stint in this one, and sim leagues have pretty much become my life.

ckroyal92#1023

I wanna go fast!

4) What is your favorite dinosaur? Would you like to be part of the Dino Gang? Do you like or hate the Toronto Maple Leafs?
Velociraptor! It's a rare experience for me to be drafted & not know where I'm going ahead of time, so despite my history with Kelowna, I'm trying to keep an open mind this around. To your last point, the Leafs still exist?

As stated above, sim leagues have pretty much taken over my life, so I suppose you could call that a weird hobby. I'm big fan of most sports in general & that's pretty much the only types of video games I really play; MLB The Show, NHL, OOTP, Rocket League, etc. If you guys have any more questions for me, let me know.

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

None and I am not liking it

I don't use discord I never plan on using it JP#3827

Nikita Kucherov type (speedy winger, can streak up the side boards and draw defenders out of position and find the open man. Conversely can cut into the middle and get open to get a goal)

Brachiosaurus or however you spell it. Big ol stupid alpha build giraffes

Haha glad to be a part of this interview!

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

just retired Cedric Robinson, the winningest goaltender in SMJHL history, winningest goaltender in Buffalo Stampede history, and 2x challenge cup winner. Former Detroit Falcons co-GM. Former SMJHL commissioner (for like two weeks). 

yeah i'm in your LR as an unrostered DFA right now

I'm building a defense-first center to eat heavy defensive zone minutes and PK time.

definitely hadrosaurs, the duck billed dinos are hilarious to me. dino gang is fine, i'm used to animal mascots. TML are my east coast team because as a 67 expansion fan who just got a cup last season i understand the pain of 50 straight years of failure.

Sure. i play a lot of video games but so does everyone here. i had a music minor in college so i still do some composing/arranging and keep up with guitar/drums in my basement. that's the big bits i think.

My last Player is potentially a Hall of Famer :eyes:
I am also in the NSFL, PBE, and GRSL

Yes, I use Discord.
Muford#9925

To Scor Gol. That is Petrov's main job.

T-Rex easy best dino. I wouldn't mind. I am indifferent to Toronto.

I don't think so. I work too much. Go to game right now is HotS. I enjoy Basketball and Football.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

ISFL for 5 months and you guys that we drafted to the Coyotes basically pushed me over the edge to join.

Yes Mooney#0110

I'm currently trying to build a sniper as my main goal here is to score goals (unlike my defensive players elsewhere)

Dinosaurs rule so I would indeed like to be part of the dinosaur gang. There arent many bad dinosaurs to pick from but I'd say the Spinosaurus is my favourite. I don't know much about NHL so I have no real opinion on the maple leafs

I spend far to much time on some weird internet simulation league. I enjoy PC gaming and sports various, NFL, MMA, football(soccer) and drinking heavily

1: I've been in the SHL since S25, and I very much enjoy the community and details of the league.

2: Yes, I use it very much. My username is WiC#7183.

3: I am open to adjusting my player to the needs of my future SMJHL team, but I envision being a two-way defenseman who is both physical and has offensive flair.

4: Pepe the Frog riding any dinosaur and fuck the Leafs.

5: I like soccer, and since only some of you might get this, fuck UEFA.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page