Create Account

Gabecast 2: DaftRaincloud's Wild Pride

LINK HERE

4 months after Gabecast 1, the SFP situation made me feel compelled to do another podcast, except this time I was half-asleep and had a drink that was maybe a little on the strong side beforehand so sorry if anything I said was incoherent.

TIMESTAMPS:

- Start: I talk about the Winnipeg deals for Pojo Biscuit, Yoshimitsu McCloud and Victor Ball
- 14:50: I talk about the blockbuster 3 1sts deal that sent Theo Morgan, Hiro Fujikawa and Jon Toner to the Blizzard
- 18:18: I talk about the New Orleans deals for Nicolaj Muller and Rex Kirkby+Boris Poroshenko
- 24:58: I talk about the massive deal that landed Hamilton Guy Zheng and Dick Clapper for 4 (!) 1sts
- 35:10: I talk about Manhattan's additions of Ola Wagstrom and Geoff Moore

- 39:15-end of the podcast: The part everyone cares about now, I talk about the San Francisco trades and the site's meltdown over them.

If anyone disagrees with my rambling, this thread or my dms are open for me to respond.

I'm serious about the SHN too, awful media conglomerate that ruins our young media consuming minds @luketd sign me

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

good job gabriel

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Heckin Gabe

[Image: lebbish.gif]

smh should've talked about IIHF for a few minutes and labelled this 2x IIHF media

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

ah ah

wagwan crodie

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

If you think I want to listen to you spit up on yourself for a whole hour you thought entirely right buddy

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Wow... you were tired

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Going to tell my kids this was the joe rogan experience

Good analysis of all trades

Regarding the Ball trade, I know this is a weird trade and all your comments are accurate. SO, originally I didn't draft him because our plan going into the Draft was take our 3 picks in the first 3 rounds and then call it a day, so I kind of checked out after the 3rd round. I had been crunching numbers and was certain I couldn't afford another prospect beyond that. After the Draft, a few days later when finalizing the budget I realized I had a spare 500K to spend. BUF made a smart move imo by snatching up every last standing prospect when everyone else passed, even if it was just to troll Carlz, because some of those guys had value regardless of their draft position. There were a few unsigned prospects being offered up to anyone with budget left, and I'm part of the faction on SHL which thinks you should give active guys a chance if you can. When I looked at who all was available, I felt Ball was the best option to add to our prospect pool, mostly because there is both a weird Latvian IIHF and BAP connections on our team and I felt he could feel welcomed, and has been! The future pick is far enough in the future that Ball has 3 seasons to build an SHL-roster caliber player. If he does, I would happily extend him and feel a 2nd is always worth an active roster player, and feel I didn't do that badly. If either I don't offer or he chooses not to extend, then I'm out a 3rd and, that's still a minimal cost. But yes I agree if I had just drafted him in the first place I could have avoided this whole convoluted story.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

07-24-2020, 09:26 PMMuerto Wrote: Good analysis of all trades

Regarding the Ball trade, I know this is a weird trade and all your comments are accurate. SO, originally I didn't draft him because our plan going into the Draft was take our 3 picks in the first 3 rounds and then call it a day, so I kind of checked out after the 3rd round. I had been crunching numbers and was certain I couldn't afford another prospect beyond that. After the Draft, a few days later when finalizing the budget I realized I had a spare 500K to spend. BUF made a smart move imo by snatching up every last standing prospect when everyone else passed, even if it was just to troll Carlz, because some of those guys had value regardless of their draft position. There were a few unsigned prospects being offered up to anyone with budget left, and I'm part of the faction on SHL which thinks you should give active guys a chance if you can. When I looked at who all was available, I felt Ball was the best option to add to our prospect pool, mostly because there is both a weird Latvian IIHF and BAP connections on our team and I felt he could feel welcomed, and has been! The future pick is far enough in the future that Ball has 3 seasons to build an SHL-roster caliber player. If he does, I would happily extend him and feel a 2nd is always worth an active roster player, and feel I didn't do that badly. If either I don't offer or he chooses not to extend, then I'm out a 3rd and, that's still a minimal cost. But yes I agree if I had just drafted him in the first place I could have avoided this whole convoluted story.

Fair enough! I forget if I mentioned it in the pod or not, but regardless of where Buffalo drafted jcf, from a purely Winnipeg perspective it can end up being easily good value if Ball develops into a solid career player for you guys.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

If the SHN won't take you, why not join the BHN?

Ilike

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Finally got around to listening to this. Loved it man. Great stuff.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]