Create Account

Rich and Luke - Episode 22
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2020, 09:59 PM by Rich.)

Hello SHL!

We did it! Episode 22 in the books.

Thank you to @UrsinZ and @honkerrs for the questions. We also talk a bit about what went down 19 seasons ago with Portland and how it is somewhat similar to what happened in SFP this week. I should have organized my thoughts more before recording, but that's life!

As always, thank you for watching or listening!

Video:
Twitch vod

Audio:
Anchor.fm link
Spotify show link - Episode 22 should be available soon.

please split pay between myself and luketd

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

We are live! We will begin recording shortly!

Adam Prpich Portal Link

Stream is over. Check out the twitch vod or audio recording links in the original post.

Adam Prpich Portal Link

I liked that you included story time, even though I felt this one was much easier to follow in the video version than if it was just audio.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

07-26-2020, 06:39 AMCarpy48 Wrote: I liked that you included story time, even though I felt this one was much easier to follow in the video version than if it was just audio.
Yeah, that makes sense. I know I have a hard time understanding trades unless I can see the assets for myself.

Adam Prpich Portal Link

Just to clarify, because I've heard a lot of different versions of the story lol...my stepping away from the league had very little to do with SFP and zero to do with either grape or daft. My interest has been waning for a while, and with everything going on in the world, expending any amount of emotional energy on the league just didn't feel worth it for me personally anymore. It's no secret that I asked for a trade a year ago, but I haven't asked for one since then. Grape actually asked me to come back and sign a HTD contract a couple of weeks ago to help out with the budget and I did that. I would have let them keep on signing Lockhart's corpse for the rest of his career if they'd wanted.

I had no idea about any of the drama going on and I only found out about the trade when Izzy and Esa DMed me. I love both of those guys and I love the Calgary locker room, so I came back to say hi when they asked me to and ended up getting sucked back into the league. It was a nice/much needed break, and coming back to a new team has been refreshing. But just to clear the air, SFP didn't drive me away and my coming back is definitely directly related to the trade, but not in the way that's been suggested.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

07-26-2020, 11:42 AMej27 Wrote: Just to clarify, because I've heard a lot of different versions of the story lol...my stepping away from the league had very little to do with SFP and zero to do with either grape or daft.  My interest has been waning for a while, and with everything going on in the world, expending any amount of emotional energy on the league just didn't feel worth it for me personally anymore.  It's no secret that I asked for a trade a year ago, but I haven't asked for one since then.  Grape actually asked me to come back and sign a HTD contract a couple of weeks ago to help out with the budget and I did that.  I would have let them keep on signing Lockhart's corpse for the rest of his career if they'd wanted. 

I had no idea about any of the drama going on and I only found out about the trade when Izzy and Esa DMed me.  I love both of those guys and I love the Calgary locker room, so I came back to say hi when they asked me to and ended up getting sucked back into the league.  It was a nice/much needed break, and coming back to a new team has been refreshing.  But just to clear the air, SFP didn't drive me away and my coming back is definitely directly related to the trade, but not in the way that's been suggested.

Pls comeback to ANC I miss you and Sadie Crybaby

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2020, 12:18 PM by Rich.)

07-26-2020, 11:42 AMej27 Wrote: Just to clarify, because I've heard a lot of different versions of the story lol...my stepping away from the league had very little to do with SFP and zero to do with either grape or daft.  My interest has been waning for a while, and with everything going on in the world, expending any amount of emotional energy on the league just didn't feel worth it for me personally anymore.  It's no secret that I asked for a trade a year ago, but I haven't asked for one since then.  Grape actually asked me to come back and sign a HTD contract a couple of weeks ago to help out with the budget and I did that.  I would have let them keep on signing Lockhart's corpse for the rest of his career if they'd wanted. 

I had no idea about any of the drama going on and I only found out about the trade when Izzy and Esa DMed me.  I love both of those guys and I love the Calgary locker room, so I came back to say hi when they asked me to and ended up getting sucked back into the league.  It was a nice/much needed break, and coming back to a new team has been refreshing.  But just to clear the air, SFP didn't drive me away and my coming back is definitely directly related to the trade, but not in the way that's been suggested.
That makes a lot of sense. There were a lot of rumors flying around while the trades were happening, some accurate, some not. Glad you're back, in any case.

Adam Prpich Portal Link

07-26-2020, 12:14 PMml002 Wrote:

Pls comeback to ANC I miss you and Sadie Crybaby

lol I can't. The discord link in the lr is expired. Either that or ass banned me. Hmm

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

07-27-2020, 09:29 AMej27 Wrote:
07-26-2020, 12:14 PMml002 Wrote: Pls comeback to ANC I miss you and Sadie Crybaby

lol I can't.  The discord link in the lr is expired.  Either that or ass banned me.  Hmm

I'll yell at them to update the discord link in the LR

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Ty for loving me, @Rich. The feeling is mutual.

For the record, I didn't specify NEW as the only team I'd go to and I didn't even ask for a trade, in case that rumor is still out there lol. (I know you said you weren't sure if I asked for NEW specifically, and yes, you were correct that I did not.) But Dom was starting regression and Daft probably thought he wouldn't get much for Dom once his contract was up in two seasons. He was nice and made sure I'd be okay going to NEW before he made the trade, and obvi I'm okay with where I ended up. But plz tell the masses I'm not a big ole jerk (at least about this), ty.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

i have really fond memories of our lr & team back then, funtimes
yeah i was in the same boat pretty much Rich, we all thought a overcap punishment was on the way - which was my tone was so nonchalant about it all in my infamous thunderdome review video/podcast
i was also then punished for that podcast rip
another big factor was wally and i stepping back in as GMs last minute after Haz and Tanner surprisingly stepped down
rip grapehead

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Just wanted to say I really enjoy these pods. I don't tune in live but I listen on Spotify. You guys are great with talking about current stuff and then talking about some of the rich (no pun intended) history of the league. It's good stuff.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

07-28-2020, 06:08 PMtweedledunn Wrote: i have really fond memories of our  lr & team back then, funtimes
yeah i was in the same boat pretty much Rich, we all thought a overcap punishment was on the way - which was my tone was so nonchalant about it all in my infamous thunderdome review video/podcast
i was also then punished for that podcast rip
another big factor was wally and i stepping back in as GMs last minute after Haz and Tanner surprisingly stepped down
rip grapehead
Oh yeah, I forgot about the GM swap.

Adam Prpich Portal Link

07-28-2020, 06:27 PMLeoben Wrote: Just wanted to say I really enjoy these pods.  I don't tune in live but I listen on Spotify.  You guys are great with talking about current stuff and then talking about some of the rich (no pun intended) history of the league.  It's good stuff.
Thanks a lot. I really enjoy talking about the league. I'm glad people like to listen.

Adam Prpich Portal Link