Create Account

Phineas Gold 1 Year Presser (Ready to grade)
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 08:57 AM by Z0REM.)

One year on the site. 3 cups to my name. Won my first cup with a rookie GM and a mostly rookie team in my first season. Repeated it with the Rage.

The floor is open for questions about my player, my experience as his manager, my life as a new scout for the Rage, balancing SHL and a new kid, and plans going forward.

Go ahead (I need $$ so please ask anything)!

07-30-2020, 12:14 PMInf1d3l Wrote: How cute is @"luketd" ?

Do you like your role with Manhattan so far?

Who is the one player in the league you'd love to play with someday?

I feel bad for those that haven't seen Luke in the flesh before. If you thought he was good looking buried in a helmet and a shielded visor, you ain't seen anything (seriously). If we really want to get into it you should see the expose we have on Luke on the bathroom as he tries to chase us to get the camera back. Then you would all know. That being said you can't have him.

As a person, being in Manhattan has been great. Originally I was planning on just floating by and just being a member of the team. It was going to be pretty laid-back approach to becoming the best Gold on the site. Then the team voted to give me an "A" and I decided I wanted to step up and be a bigger part of the organization. It's already fun to just be in the LR and listen to alumni come back and shoot the shit. But now we also have new guys that are coming around. We don't pick up many news guys each season thanks to our aggressive trades. The expansion draft is going to be pretty horrible but it is what it is. Now I hope to continue my role as a scout for the team as that was fun last season. I did get a little distracted with life but I'm about to be back to all in!

I would love to return and play with Michael Fitted again. That guy is probably the most interesting person on this site (prove me wrong).  Not only is he a ball of energy, the hype man of all hype men, and probably going to be a franchise record setter for TBB. He is also a pretty down to earth individual.  While not playing a character per se, he is going all out with his own version of the FHN.  I for one hope to get a feature sooner or later.

Quote:Do you think you would have front office aspirations someday?

Is there a player from history you would love to bring to the present to play with in their prime?

Who is the one player you always want to do better than?

I do not think I plan to run for front office.  I appreciate everything they do for the site, but I currently do not have any better ideas to spruce up the website.  If I find that this changes, then you will see me throw my hat in the ring but not before then.  I do not want power for the sake of power.

Being a new player, there was not a lot of interaction with the past besides award names until this most recent PT.  I would have to say that I do not know the history.  We have a section for it, but I haven't really cracked it open.  Maybe this is an eye-opener that we need to have more media that engages the past.  I know Jaywhy did a great piece on GMs that I read, but I do not know much about individual players. I guess I would want to play with Turd Ferguson because anyone with high PIMs probably would have been a fun player to have in the LR, but I have no other knowledge about him.

Next question:

I have two rivalries right now.  One is known and one is entirely one-sided.  I have a open rivalry with Ivan Maximus, that Russian son of a gun really knows how to get under my skin in games.  I love being able to prove him wrong.  My other rivalry is against a former teammate.  Bobby Lane was always just slightly better than me and since losing the Jester to him, I always want to do my best to keep him in my sights as he can be surprising.

Quote:How has your player's career gone and is it what you expected when you started? Are you thus far satisfied with it?

Coming to the league, did you know anyone that helped you through things or what is all new?

How have teams' identities shifted since you started in S49? are there are noticeable changes in any of them?

Who is your favorite S50 player and feel free to say "Tom Fiddler"

I think my career has been a dream.  3 cups in 5 seasons.  Just need that international medal.  I am satisfied exccept that my player hasn't been a huge helper since moving up.  With the change to FHM I wanted to create this scrappy player that picked up second chances like crazy, but in the sim he just doesnt play that way. With my next round of changes we will see how I improve, but I am definitely picking up the rebounds.  Now I just need to score goals.  Thats what I want.

It was new. I was bored and wanted more hockey.  I jumped right in and tried to ask a few questions as possible because I wanted to create my player my way.  Obviously I did listen to advice from my coaches, but for the most part there is no welcoming committee that works to get you engaged.  It's all this is what you can do and then they kick you out of the nest.  Now not everyone wants to get involved, but in my opinion there should be some things that throw all the rookies together.  Choosing a fan vote for best SHL player from a J's perspective? could be fun.

It seems that a lot of teams has their last hurrahs S49 or S50.  TBB was strong with that cup run, SFP and LAP were household names.  Now the old guard is holding out while they can while some teams are rebuilding for the future.  That's what makes hockey great, you get some dynasties who with bad luck get overthrown and you get new teams looking back to their glory days.  I think the change I would like to see is team identities.  To build to win, a GM has this cookie cutter plan.  Get good players, make everyone have the same general stats, or give everyone the same role.  It'a little unfortunate that there is no way to create a goon team.  Players that are high aggression and still do well. SHL hockey is fast and flirty and not big and dangerous.  Skilled players are left to dry.

As stated above.  Michael Fitted is still my pick.

Quote:What's your evaluation of the league after a year? What would you change if you could?

How do you think Phineas is going to do this season?

Thoughts on the NHL Covidome restart?

After a year with the league I think that the league is too siloed.  I dont know anyone outside USA, Kraken, or Rage.  There is no need to interact and no one outside of those teams know who I am.  I run into names during fantasy, but for the most part I don't know their players.  Maybe this league needs more mixers.  We pride ourselves that retention comes from engagement, but I don't feel engaged to participate in offseason drama, or the TD, or GD.  Some of it is definitely on my desires to not engages as it would diminish my experience though.  I'm not sure what we could do to improve it at this time.  When I do, I will run for commissioner.

At the beginning of the season I had high hopes.  In the offseason I spent my TPE boosting my physicals hoping I would have a break through.  Unfortunately, it hasn't increased my production and I was demoted to the third line.  i am on a line with high TPE forwards, but a drop from 1st line to third line hurts and I don't know if my build changes are working.  Don't pick me for fantasy next season.  But maybe S57 will be my time.

From a viewer perspective is was amazing.  Hockey all day every day.  From a different perspective, this cup win will be a sham.  Whoever wins this year will go down as being said "you won the 2020 cup, that does not count"  People are going to write it off, so I think it should have been up to the league to do something different.  Maybe create a new cup, a one time big deal award unless this same situation appears. to both memorialize the crazy year and acknowledge the struggles of a much bigger bracket.  Awarding the stanley cup this year just feels like a bad move.

Quote:God damn has it really been a year?

How have you enjoyed your time on the site?

Better LR, Kraken, USA, or Rage?

Favorite moment on the site?

What's next for Phineas Gold?

Will Phineas ever go to FA or leave the Rage?

What do you think of the FHM changes overall?

What do you think of the SFP trades and GM situation?

Hot dogs or hamburgers?

Yes it has. A lot has happened. Crazy. It feels like I joined the Militia yesterday and was having an amazing time down with the team. The competitiveness, the brotherhood, Mike Hunt MVP. A lot has happened outside of the SHL too. Or has it?

I'd have to say that I look forward to sims and TPE rewards above all else while glued to a couch. I've met some pretty interesting individuals. Seen teams rise and fall. Won a few cups.

Kraken.  Sorry Rage, but the Kraken is just a fun smorgasboard of people.

Winning the 49 cup.  It was a rush.

Win IIHF gold, win another cup with the rage, keep improving.  I want to be a top goal scorer, but I havent realized that dream yet.

I have been thinking about this for a long time.  It really depends.  If the rage take a turn and decide its time for a rebuild with the our aging vet core, then I might ask for a trade to a competitive team.  I probably wouldnt want to test FA because I don't thin my worth is that much right now.  It would be several seasons and I could even hit regression myself then and be less than a blue chip.

I like FHM.  I like more stats.  I like being able to build diferently than everyone else.  I like tactics.  I think it was just a good move.  Less luck, more about experience.

Not my place to judge a GMs moves.  You make a plan, you execute the plan.  If someone wants out, you trade them or risk losing a player completely.  I think there should have been better returns, but the GM wanted to either do right by his vet core and get them on competitive teams or is ready to play another long game.

Hamburgers.

Thank you.  That is all the time we have for questions.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

How cute is @"luketd" ?

Do you like your role with Manhattan so far?

Who is the one player in the league you'd love to play with someday?

Do you think you would have front office aspirations someday?

Is there a player from history you would love to bring to the present to play with in their prime?

Who is the one player you always want to do better than?

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 02:07 PM by PremierBromanov.)

How the fuck has it been a year already

How has your player's career gone and is it what you expected when you started? Are you thus far satisfied with it?

Coming to the league, did you know anyone that helped you through things or what is all new?

How have teams' identities shifted since you started in S49? are there are noticeable changes in any of them?

Who is your favorite S50 player and feel free to say "Tom Fiddler"

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

What's your evaluation of the league after a year? What would you change if you could?

How do you think Phineas is going to do this season?

Thoughts on the NHL Covidome restart?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Do you still love me?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

God damn has it really been a year?

How have you enjoyed your time on the site?

Better LR, Kraken, USA, or Rage?

Favorite moment on the site?

What's next for Phineas Gold?

Will Phineas ever go to FA or leave the Rage?

What do you think of the FHM changes overall?

What do you think of the SFP trades and GM situation?

Hot dogs or hamburgers?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa