Create Account

S55 mPT #3 - you can't be good at everything
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 05:34 PM by hotdog.)

You've proven yourself of being quite capable as a hockey player, but what is something you're absolutely terrible at? Write about your player's off-ice woes, whatever they are laughably bad at. (25 words min.)

Thanks @kenvald for the submitted suggestion; kenvald may claim 1 TPE by linking to this post.

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements; 10-ish users who go above and beyond in this task will be awarded an additional bonus TPE.
This PT will close Sunday, August 16th at 11:59pm ET.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Ethan Price struggles with quite a few things in life. If you had to pick one, then without a doubt it would be his ability to cook. He's a man who struggles to even cook Easy-Mac as he always forgets to put water inside of the little cup.

Code:
You've proven yourself of being quite capable as a hockey player, but what is something you're absolutely terrible at? Write about your player's off-ice woes, whatever they are laughably bad at. (25 words min.)

One thing that I am terrible at is tying laces, I am notoriously bad at doing my laces to the point where I have had fellow teammates help me do my laces because they would keep going undone. 

Code:
38 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 03:16 AM by hockeyiscool.)

Dwight Knight is bad at being on time. When it's hockey related, there's no issue. When trying to meet up with friends, late. Has a steamy date arranged for the night, late. Calling his mom on her birthday, you guessed it, late.

Jed Mosley is an all world hockey player.....but a terrible cook. Mosley burns anything and everything. His peanut butter to jelly ratios are terrible and his past is always terribly over done. Thankfully with the big money deals he has been making, Mosley has found time to hire a chef.

51 words.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 12:13 AM by Faelax.)

One thing that Roach has always been bad at keeping up with is cleaning. Thankfully, we have services for that nowadays and it is easy to pay someone else to do it.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Tig Murphy has struggled to maintain regular bowel movements for a number of years. There does not seem to be a medical reason for this, and it instead seems to be caused solely by his diet of Cheetos, tequila, and Krispy Kreme donuts

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I mean Meszaros has a lot of on-ice woes to speak of based on every season in juniors, but off-ice he has been a constant disappointment to his parents.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Knox Booth sucks at being a leader in the room. He's good at keeping it calm and cool on the ice but when it comes to rallying the troops he can fall a bit short. He needs to work at finding his voice.

[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 01:14 AM by _Blitz_.)

Danny Marston is not the most confident guy. 
He doubts himself a lot, which seems strange to the outsiders looking in. Most people see a Junior career that saw him nominated for 3 awards, winning 1 award, and 2 All-Star nods, a young General Manager, or a promising rookie in the SHL. 
But, after rejection from his first major Bantam team and social stigma for focusing so intently on sports (instead of cartoons and video games, and later girls), Danny is introverted. He gets along well with teammates, but tends toward quiet nights in and small groups of close friends. Most of the time his lack of confidence is taken for modesty, and these days he's getting more confident. Danny still has a long way to go.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Rikard is terrible at keeping to one language while speaking with teammates and friends. He's liable to slip into back and forth from Svenska till engelska utan att lägga märke till medan du pratar med människor (Swedish to English without noticing while talking to people), then getting weird looks when he finishes a sentence, and vice versa (though the Swedish-to-English is not as bad as more Swedes speak English than his teammates speak Swedish).

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

The only thing I'm bad at is humility. Despite it being a core value growing up it never really stuck with me and I have a hard time not flexing my strengths on others.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Harry has always been really terrible with numbers and just math in general, which is why he's glad he didn't have to study anything related to it with the possibility to fail and got a job as a pro hockey player instead.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

James Kimanje is a jack of all trades. He is very decent at many things and is bad at very few. However, the one thing he struggles with?

Figuring out what in the hell to order at restaurants from the incredible spread of available options.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 03:14 AM by Dextaria.)

When he is off the ice, Ryosuke Sato really struggles to do one of the most important things... drink water regularly. Since he was little, his friends and family noticed his lack of water drinking. He would carry a bottle of water around all day and barely even take a sip. As a result of this, Sato was dubbed the name "Cactus" due to his ability to go prolonged times without water. Quite a simple thing for a hockey player to be bad at.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!