Create Account

S55 PT #5 - Playoffs (Remix)

Black Screen. Picture of a baby. Picture of a hockey stick. Picture of a baby holding a hockey stick. Black screen. SMJHL logo appears, fades to black. Random highlight of an SHL player scoring a goal. Followed by the same SHL player scoring for his SMJHL club in juniors (Multiple versions for each locale). Screen flashes "WHERE LEGENDS MAKE THEIR START". Same SHL player scoring another goal for his SMJHL team, screen flashes "WHO'S NEXT", loud goal horn in the background. Highlights of the top SMJHL players (again, multiple versions for each locale) run on the screen, screen flashes "WHICH ONE OF THESE IS THE NEXT SHL SUPERSTAR, FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF". Screen fades back to the baby who begins to crawl, and flashes "THE SMJHL PLAYOFFS, WHERE LEGENDS MAKE THEIR START" SMJHL logo shoots across the screen, followed by a picture of the four-star cup being awarded the past few seasons.

{152 words}

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

PBE Affiliate

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

The average family sits at home, father takes a beer then hears door bell. He opens and there is country singer who comes in. Turns on TV and sips a beer – starts singing!

Almost offseason, Buffalo at Chicago,
Hamilton against Manhattan
Ice is cold there, colder than the beer
Players hear the fans singin' like a cheer
Challenge cup, take me home
To the playoffs I belong
Calgary, New Orleans
Take me home, challenge cup
All my players 'do what they need
Scored on breakaway, taking early lead
Charging and slashy, one player shy
Freshy taste of beer, teardrop in my eye
Challenge cup, take me home
To the playoffs I belong
Texas and Edmonton
Take me home, challenge cup
I hear the sirens in the end of period three
The announcer reminds me of my playoff far away
In the overtime, I get a feelin'
That I 've been home…

And in the end father realises that he was country singer…. All the time!

-162 words +work for catchy lyrics
And if You need instrumental

Empty Arena, ice-level camera angle. You see 8 players lining up on the far end of the ice. The camera pans to a close-up of each of the teams biggest stars. Aaron Wilson, Monkey D. Luffy, Daniel Smeb, Theo Morgan, Jimmy Slothface, Andreas Kvalheim, Ola Wagstrom and Barry Batsbak are the ones lined up. One for each team. Tense music comes in as the camera pans across their determined faces staring straight forward. More intense music comes on as they start to skate forward in slow-motion. Commentators start speaking in the background: "Look, it's Ola on a breakawaaaaaaay... GOAL RAGE!" "It's Pepperoni, to Kane, back to Pepperoni who finds MOOORGAAAAAN! What a shot!" "Clapper scores but what. a. pass from Aaron Wilson. Magnificent." The players cross the blue line in full speed as the camera lowers itself to film their backs and show what they're all skating towards - the Challenge Cup.
Music is becoming extremely tense, the players are giving it their all as the close-ups show them struggling. Suddenly, they all halt to a stop by the top of the circles, the cup glaring back at them from the crease. A player with a NOLA jersey emerges from the line. And as Jimmy Slothface skates towards the cup, he stops and turns to face the remaining 7 players standing on a line and shakes his head.
"This. Will Remain. With me."

Cut to black, aaaaand the end.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

PBE Welfare Claim

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

My commercial about the play offs for the Los Angeles Panthers will be one about all the local golf parks. And not any kind of golf parks, but putt putt gulf. As we all know that is way more fun then just smashing a golf ball far away. As you know the putt putt parks are always in a nice theme, and since we played like a bunch of clowns this year, our theme will be circus.

In our commercial we will show the golf courses for the bearded lady mczehrl, knox booth will feature with his five hole and david winter will be the clown course.
And as our big promotion, we will make sure for every ticket you buy, you can bring one extra person for free. On sundays you also will have a chance to meet the team, everyone besides Oliver Cleary has agreed to be there, but he found free agency talks more important.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Oh man this is a tough one, to the point where I was actually considering taking the video option for the hilarity that a deadpan collection of random "playoffs" insertions could provide. But oh well, I would need to work on my editing skills some for that so for now, let's stick to the written option. I would probably go a very different route than the example you provided however and go for more of a rock factor in my musical choices. It has already been used in the past but "The Boys Are Back" by the Dropkick Murphies is just such an awesome song to get people pumped and it is an especially great fit for a sport returning from a long and hard Corona-break. It works as a pre-game or -broadcast hype song as well as during commercial breaks and would feature a series of action hots, great hits, shots, saves, dekes and goals, you name it. No words spoken, just simple, pure hockey action.

As a quick bonus I would also have a second clip ready that strikes a completely different tone: A quiet, melancholic ballad, "The Boxer" in the Mumford & Sons version perfectly incapsulates all the feelings that an athlete experiences, especially in a time as important as these playoffs, capturing the loneliness of the road that leads there as well as the crushing feeling of defeat that can occur, without ever losing the glimmer of hope that keeps it all going. It's a perfect song to calm down down before an important game and works just as well as a bittersweet outro for the 15 of the 16 teams for which things won't have gone the way they hoped for this season.

So with all the crap going on in the world right now I decided that something old school that could be remade and made a statement at the same time would be Public Enemy's He Got Game but featuring a hockey theme with the Calgary Dragons. In Denzel Washington's place would be Old Balls Mike Izzy, Dragon legend. In Jesus Shuttleworth's role would be Dragon new generation star Barry Batsbak. Instead of the basketball shots I would show shots of Izzy and Batsbak in the hockey roles. I think it would translate pretty well while also making a statement the the SHL cares as evidenced by all the money raised this past summer. It is a very political message in the song but also is translated into sports. I especially like the lines

What's love got to do with what you got?
Don't let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart
Nonsense perseveres prayers laced with fear
Beware 2 triple O is near

I'd change 2 triple O to 2020. I'd also see if I could get Flavor Flav to introduce the track for the commercial. We all take the playoffs so seriously and don't let a win go to your head or a loss to your heart is perfect imagery to me for the playoffs. Here's the original video in case you haven't seem it.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

The TV commercial for the S55 SHL playoffs will feature the song Bittersweet Symphony (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74), mostly the instrumentals, and jump between highlights of various players growing up, playing in the juniors, and playing in the SHL. In an attempt to win over new fans, the commercials will focus on SHL superstars Cassius Darrow, Tony Pepperoni, and Dick Clapper. Each commercial will feature one of these superstars, including a voiceover of the player talking about their dreams of winning the Challenge Cup growing up while either pictures of them in their youth or videos of them playing midget or pond hockey run in the background. It then quickly jumps over to some of those players’ best highlights from their time in Juniors, laying out big hits, making silky smooth passes, and bus floor piss dirty snipes. The player will then talk about all the hard work they put in to get to this stage and how nothing is certain in the SHL, while some other great highlights of their SHL plays are shown (with play by play announcer audio). The end of the commercial will be a close up of the player’s intense looking face as it fades to black.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Hockey is all about tradition and class.....Neither of those sell the sport to fringe fans. For my commercial the theme is "These guys are good". I will highlight the stars including Wagstrom, Roenick, Wilson and Smeb. We will be showing off their best goals, greatest dekes and most hyped moments. We will also be showing some of the most bone crushing hits from the likes of Atlas Rush and Hippo Passmus to highlight the grittiness and tough guy mentality that fringe fans love to see. All of this will be done with 7 Nation Army by the White Stripes playing in the background before transitioning to Not Afraid by Eminem and a special tribute to Mike Izzy as he laces up the skates to go battle for the Challenge Cup one more time. This commercial will give something to the true SHL fans to get excited about while also highlighting the stars and the bruisers to bring in eyes on the game that normally would not show up to watch.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

-Intro to the commercial starts quiet, quick flashes of last year's playoffs come onto the screen.
*Stampede and Syndicate*
*Rage and Steelhawks*
*Blizzard and Specters*
*Panthers and Dragons*

Voice of legendary announcer, Dirk LaMaze: This year, we see 7 of 8 teams returning to the ice for the playoffs. The Eastern Conference sees rematches of last year. The Western Conference are two brand new match ups, the only new comers are the Renegades. Rivalries new and old are realized.

- Flash to scene of Steelhawks sweeping the Rage
- Flash to scene of both Conference Finals game sevens
- Flash to scene of Van Der Heijden scoring the cup winning goal

Logic - Take it Back starts playing in the background

-Cut to montage of teams celebrating goals, big hits on the ice, coaches yelling at officials, hand shake lines.

Dirk LaMaze: All of these teams are looking to make history, and win the elusive Challenge Cup, all of these players are looking to chase down their childhood dreams and will be looking to take their teams to the the end of the line. Who, in the end, will Take it Back?

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

[classical music]

ARE YOU READY FOR THE S55 PLAYOFFS?!?!

[crowd cheers]

THEN GET READY FOR THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE. EIGHT TEAMS WILL FACE EACH OTHER (screw you if your team didn't make it) IN THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES! WE HAVE THE... (music stops) Uh, hey, uh, are we supposed to list every team by name? Uh, screw it we're quickly running out of air time so, no. IN THE (music starts) S55 PLAYOFFS, ONLY ONE TEAM WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS. PLACE YOUR BETS NOW! OR ELSE THE ENTIRE WORLD WILL COLLAPSE BY ORDER OF THE HOCKEY GODS AS YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR BETS IN!

[graph]

THESE ARE THE CURRENT STANDINGS OF EACH TEAM. I LIED. THIS WAS SEASON 1. THIS IS SEASON 55! Uh...

[rapid slide changes]

Uh... John? I told you S55. Not S1. This is... is this a... ew, no one needs to see that.

[TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. PLEASE STAND BY.]

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 04:08 PM by Tate.)

When it comes to choosing a song for a music video that helps sell a message and a feeling, I have to go with a song I feel like is truly badass and has one of the best openings ever, and that's BLKKK SKKKN HEAD by Kanye West (Youtube Link). First of all it opens with dogs barking all menace like and scaring the shit out of me, and then second of all it has an amazing drum beat opening. The song is one of those unique tracks that will force you off your feet and get you pumped. The music video in terms of images will be a collection of the greatest hits, goals, and celebrations of the season- which will then transition into each logo of the playoff teams in a spotlight. As we see each logo of the team it fades into an image of one of their stars or captains. The final frame of the music video will end with a SHL Logo and the Playoffs slapped onto it. Let's go!

176 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]

So for this playoffs for the SMJHL playoffs it will feature none other than the chad daddy big bork lazer. In his Anchorage Armada uniform walking towards the camera coming out of the locker room gets his face right up to the camera. The start of (sic) by slipknot where it goes "here comes the pain" Bork Lazer will scream but you only hear the music. Then it will show all the big hit highlights of the season in the junior league this season. Along with some of the best fights this season as well. Then at the end it will be graphic showing the start time of the first games and the network it will be shown on. Very simple concept but gets the point across that when you watch the juniors playoffs youre getting the best action from the next upcoming stars and with face of grit that is Bork lazer, the best true defensemen in the junior league.

[Image: lazer2.png]

PBE Affiliate PT