Create Account

S55 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 06:46 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

Berserkers NEWFOUNDLAND BERSERKERS Berserkers
VS
Timber MAINE TIMBER Timber

The S55 SMJHL finals are upon us, and we will see the Newfoundland Berserkers face off against the Maine Timber for the Four-Star Cup. As is tradition, these finals will come with a bunch of TPE available for you guys, in the form of Championship Week!

Here's how this will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S55 SMJHL ROOKIES (S56 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S56 SMJHL Draft, that's not you.

You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Berserkers and Timber (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)
Requirements: 150+ words.

Code:
Task #7 - 2 TPE
This season has seen a new 12-team playoff format introduced, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  4th vs 6th. What is your opinion on the new format? Good or bad?
Requirements: 100+ words.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Berserkers (Vikings) and a squad of Timber-making Lumberjacks? Would the brute force of the Vikings win out, or would the honed skills of tree-cutting give the other axe-experts an edge? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S56 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. Leo Bloomfield and Cale Amundsen have both been fantastic these playoffs, putting up numbers that can make a case for either to be the playoff MVP at this stage. Who has the edge in goal for this series?
C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Kelowna are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

Code:
Task #15 - Podcast, 3-4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S55 season (on or off the ice)
- S55 playoff round-up
- S56 predictions

Can be done solo or with a partner!
Requirements:
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
LINK TO TRIVIA FORM

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 5 full days after the Four-Star Cup finals are over, so Friday, September 11th at 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 11:05 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 4: 3 TPE

As hockey players we have the opportunity to live and experience life very differently from your average joe's. We're lucky enough to play a game for lots of money so it's important to not lose sight of what others may be going through. We also, sometimes, take the mantle of role models, especially for kids. You want to set good examples and be someone they can look up to. That's why, with my platform and privilege, I wanted to do something for kids fighting cancer.

When I got drafted to Colorado, one of the first things I did was get in touch with the local Sick Kids hospital. They informed me that the kids there loved their Raptors in the SMJHL and that they'd love it if I could stop in and visit them. Of course I agreed and we set up a day to come by.

When I got there, the kids faces lit up. All of the pain and treatment they were going through and they still had smiles on their face because they were meeting a hockey player for their favourite team. I spent all day with them, playing games, signing autographs, and just talking to them and getting to know them as people. It was one of the best events in my life and I treasure it every day I'm lucky enough to step on the ice.

We have it set up now where I come in for visits regularly for as long as I'm in Colorado. Anything I can do for those kids, I do.

(260 words)

Task 5: 3 TPE

If I'm making a dream team from the two teams in the Four Star Cup, there's a good group to choose from. Both the Berserkers and Timber have quality all throughout their lineup so let's get going.

Centre - Mats Marner Berserkers
Marner was the points leaders in the regular season and arguably the MVP of the season. His 32 goals also led the league so his fire power is more than welcome. An easy choice to go with Marner, the best player in the league.

Left Wing - Ryuuji Minamino Berserkers
Minamino finished 2nd in league scoring and was Marner's sidekick all along the way. He led the league in assists with 35, so he's the perfect choice to put alongside Mats Marner. I true set up man is much needed.

Right Wing - Kyle Sutton Timber
To round out my forward line, I'm taking Kyle Sutton. He's currently tearing up the playoffs, leading with 22 points. He also finished with 41 in the regular season. He's a balanced player who can do whatever you need him to do. He can dish and shoot the puck whiile also playing in the defensive zone, as you can see with the 40 shot blocks he had. A nice compliment to the offensive powerhouses beside him.

Defense - PBJ Souppan Berserkers
Souppan had a great season with Newfoundland, showing his offensive prowess by putting up 30 points. He's the perfect player to start the rush off from his own zone and make a clean first pass to his talented forwards.

Defense - Mikkel Asmus Sondergard Timber
Sondergard puts up points, he had 30, but he's also rock solid in his own zone. He put up a 74 DGR and is carrying a 78 DGR in the playoffs. He blocks shots and stops the opposing team from cycling the puck in the defensive zone. A great balance to round out my defense.

Goalie - Cale Admunson Berserkers
Give me Admunson to guard the net. He had a fantastic season, posting a 2.06 GAA and a 0.917 save percentage. He's also having a great playoffs and has shown he can carry the load for a contending team.

(357 words)

Task 8: 3 TPE

With my rookie season in the books, it's natural to look back and examine how you did. I knew when I got drafted that it wouldn't be easy pickings. The SMJHL is deep with talent and it's tough for a rookie to come in and perform with the best. My biggest thing was I didn't want to be a detriment to the team and I wanted to produce enough to where the coach was comfortable throwing me on the ice in any situation. Looking at my season, I can be nothing but happy with my performance.

I finished the season leading all rookies in goals with 14 and points with 32. I was trusted by my coaches to play meaningful minutes and was put on a great line which helped me succeed. Offensively I really had nothing to complain about. For next season, it's clear that I need to improve my defensive game. I want to be know as a great two-way player so I need to sharpen up my skills when I don't have the puck. Overall, though I was a plus player and I wasn't a liability on the ice so I'm really happy with how my rookie season went in the SMJHL.

(205 words)

Task 13: 4 TPE

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

The player that has the best name is PBJ Souppan. Every time I see it I'm reminded of food and it gets me hungry. Anything that makes me think about food is a plus in my books. Also, who doesn't love a good PB&J sandwich or a nice bowl of soup? That's comfort food right there and Souppan reminds me of that. (62 words)

B. Leo Bloomfield and Cale Amundsen have both been fantastic these playoffs, putting up numbers that can make a case for either to be the playoff MVP at this stage. Who has the edge in goal for this series?

I'm giving the edge to Cale Amundsen. He had a better regular season which was the bigger sample size along with identical numbers in the playoffs. He also has 3 shutouts in these playoffs compared to 0 for Bloomfield. Also the fact that Amundsen went through the second best team in the league and still has fantastic numbers makes him the choice for me. (64 words)

C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Kelowna are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?

First with Carolina, what went right from them was Newfoundland got complacent they took them by surprise. Newfoundland was the best team all year and took the series for granted and Carolina jumped on them early and rode that momentum to a series win. For Kelowna, what went right was they didn't choke away a 3-2 series lead. They were able to solve Bloomfield all series and that continued in game 6 where they peppered him with shots and never let him get in a groove. Their skill finally overwhelmed Maine's and they finished them off. (96 words)

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

For Newfoundland, their key player was Mats Marner. He was unstoppable in the regular season, leading in goals (32) and points (62). Every time he was on the ice, something good happened for the Berserkers. He was a cheat code this season and carried the Berserkers offense. For Maine, their key player was Mikkel Asmus Sondergard. As a defenseman he put up 30 points, but also led the team in GR and DGR. He was their workhorse, leading them in ice time, and did everything on the ice for the team. He was solid offensively and shut down opposing teams defensively. A great all-around player for Maine. (107 words)

Task 16: 3 TPE

Verification: Strongo

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 10:31 PM by Andy.)

Task 4:

It is no secret around the rink that Kamado is a big pet person. While not necessarily the most important of causes, Kamado created a charity that focuses on helping homeless animals to be trained and then used as therapy animals for locals in Nevada. Nevada at times especially outside of Las Vegas can get lonely. Whether you ended up there to work on a building project for the strip or you got a job opportunity and got stuck there, it can get lonely. That is why Kamado in spare time both trains and raises money for therapy animals. They mainly specialize in dogs but also work with finding cats good homes as not everyone out there is a dog person. Part of his charity also includes helping lower income families with pet care as raising a pet is a great opportunity for children to learn responsibility but also is a way to help families cope with their feelings when they are lonely.

(163 words)

Task 6:

I think if Nevada had been able to play QCC in the first round things would have been completely different. Granted I don't believe we would have advanced further, winning our first playoff series as a franchise would have been very exciting. There is an expression about defense winning championships. While I don't think our very strong young defense would win us a championship yet, it definitely would have allowed us to sneak out a win in the first round. In the regular season we were fairly evenly matched including our early wins vs the QCC. As we ended up slitting time more evenly for Weaver we did not get to see more of our arguably stronger goalie against the Canadian squad. What the key to that series would have been as well would have been the development of Ruutu in terms of winning faceoffs and really competing with their top centerman. I think it would have been a 4-2 NBB win if we could have played QCC in the first round.

(177 words)

Task 8:

For Kamado his rookie season showed how being an offensive forward in juniors is a long road for him in the minors. When you are a big strong shooting defenseman, your team is required to keep the puck in the zone. When analying his games this past season, setting up in the offensive zone was not the strong suit of the young Nevada team. Most of their goals were scored breaking out of the zone or on the counter attack. This showed by Kamado's three short handed points he had, more than any previous Andy player in a season unless I am mistaken. This also was seen by the power play points that Nevada had as a whole. While Kamado was able to log power play time, their ability to hold the puck in zone was limited to say the least and their ability to get him the shot with the right shooting lane never materialized. I think though that next season, as Nevada gets better as a whole, their ability to keep the puck in the zone and get Kamado his shots will make a big difference in his stats and the teams performance overall.

(199 words)

Task 10

For us as a whole, next season will definitely be a coming out part for the Battleborn. Although we were a very young team. We are looking to return at least 8 highly active players, all of which will be updating this coming offseason. Being a deep and young team meant that this season we were going to take our lumps without a doubt. While we did not draft the 425 TPE players this past offseason, it does allow us to have one more season with our current send downs. That means that teams like QCC who drafted them for this year means that next season they may lose them. That gives us opportunities for our few send downs to go from the 350 TPE they were out and take a big step forward at 425. However having mostly capped players, including a possible entire defense front that will be capped at 350 will make us a scary team, including having not one but two goalies who are capped at 350. Our depth will show, and although we may not be as dominant as want to be, S56 will be our coming out party and hopefully S57 will be the year we wreck everyone.

(204 words)

Task 13:

Calvin Hobbes is by far the best name in this series. The ability to combine two comic book characters pay homage to one of the best comics of all times. Also this name could insinuate that Calvin is the one on the ice and Hobbes is able to tell him what is going on around him on the ice and make him a better player. Overall I would be glad to see the Calvin from the comic books grow up to a SHL star. I think that would have been a fitting glow up for the beloved character.

After looking at the stats, I think I have to give the edge to Bloomfield. While I did not necessarily want to at first glance I dove into their stats a little more. First you Bloomfield's overall grade which is nine points higher than his Newfoundland opponent. However what makes Bloomfield's stats more impressive was his better overall success than Amundsen. In 5 more games he still holds a higher .SAA percentage and only has a .5 higher .GAA. I feel that even thought MET is not as much of a juggernaut as NL, Bloomfield's ability to keep them in games gives him the edge in goal.

I think for the two of them, they had two very different win conditions to win their playoff series. As seen in the previous answer for Kelowna, they had to get through to Bloomfield. This was shown with them blowing their 3-2 lead by not being able to score the goals and get to the four star cup. This also was the same team that played close games mostly against Nevada. For Carolina it was all about slowing down the Juggernaut that is Newfoundland. This was a high scoring team from the get go that lead the SMJHL in scoring with multiple players being in the top 10. If Carolina was able to really slow down their offensive and not play such a high scoring game, they had a chance to change the story about what happened.

For Nevada it was all about Matt Marner and his teammate on the top line with him. Both Marner and Manimaro averaging over a point a game made a big impact in putting the NL team deep into playoffs and giving them a first round bye. While I give Marner the nod, I do have to hand it to Manimaro as well to help his linemate succeed and have their team be as good as they were in the regular season as they are now. I do want to give a small shoutout to the MET team in terms of actually being able to score by committee. As a team they had 6 players over 30 points and both their starting and back-up goalie had over a .500 record. I believe that this approach has lead them to the 4 star cup and was a big impact for them as well as Kyle Sutton's 25 points in 22 games these playoffs.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 06:23 PM by JSS.)

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

[Image: CW1.png]

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried

[Image: CW2.png]

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

[Image: CW3.png]

Code:
Task #7 - 2 TPE
This season has seen a new 12-team playoff format introduced, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  4th vs 6th. What is your opinion on the new format? Good or bad?

The SMJHL has changed their playoff format many teams with their expansions, some seasons in the past every team has made the playoffs and in others there have been teams that were not as fortunate to see themselves competing for the four star cup. With the recent expansion to 12 teams, the SMJHL is now back to a format where every team makes the playoffs and personally I am fan of this as there is higher chancer for underdogs going all the way, player retention will improve as every first gen will see their player in the playoffs and overall there are more benefits with this format than the previous one.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S56 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Evangelos Giannopoulos is an upcoming draftee from the Detroit Falcons. Drafted 6th overall by the Falcons in this past SMJHL Entry Draft, high expectactions were placed on the young kid to perform and prove that he is one of the best players in his draft class. While on the ice, expecations may have not been met Evangelos Giannopoulos trains just as hard as anyone else in his draft and in if have a conversation with the kid about his work ethnic he would tell you he is the hardest working player in his draft class. Giannopoulos is currently ranked 10th in his class in TPE, however he is behind some kids that had more time to develop compared to him. Teams that would like to Evangelos should expect a locker room leader as well as a leader on the ice. Evangelos is ready to prove to many that he can be any team's franchise defenseman.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Word: JSS

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 05:47 PM by Pythonic.)

Task #1 / 3 TPE:

[Image: wgbfcwk.png]

Task #7 / 2 TPE:
I'm definitely not a fan of the new playoff format that involves all twelve of the teams. I get that it gives every team a chance at the Four Star Cup, but that's just not how it should work. Stuff like inter-conference series before the finals is also a big turn off. You don't see real NHL teams like the modern Chicago Blackhawks or the Los Angeles Kings making the Cup Finals with their current roster, let alone the first round (outside of 2020's wacky playoff format, of course). The playoffs are meant to determine who the best team of that season is, not which team has the best luck with the simulation - the fact that bottom-tier teams like the Whalers even made it in, and swept St. Louis in the first round, is just further proof of that.

Task #8 / 3 TPE:
Valtterri Kauppinen definitely did a pretty good job in his rookie season. Not the best by any means, but definitely good for playing third line and minimal power play minutes on a Vancouver team in the middle of a rebuild. In the regular season, he managed to pair up 8 goals and 5 assists for a total of 13 points in 50 games, once again not at all bad for the time he was playing. He definitely broke out when the Whalers entered the playoffs, though, clocking in 2 goals and 3 assists in the 8 playoff games played by the Whalers. In fact, he was the only reason the Whalers were able to sweep the St. Louis Scarecrows in round one. During game four, Kauppinen was the only player in the game to score a goal - 13:59 into the game, Daniil Nikiforov drops the puck at the blue line, which is then picked up by Ryosuke Sato and quickly wristed on net and deflected off of Kauppinen's stick and into the back of the net.

Task #9 / 2 TPE:
Personally, I find it an incredibly unfair match-up when you put a bunch of woodcutters up against the best warriors of their time. Lumberjacks are strong, for sure, but they don't know how to fight. They know how to use an axe to chop wood, but not how to use it to crush the skull of your enemy. The Vikings, on the other hand, are highly-trained warriors whom were feared all across Europe due to their prowess in combat. In fact, the Vikings were considered such great warriors and soldiers that they were enlisted to protect the Byzantine Emperor, one of the most important figures in Europe around this time, in 988 AD.

Task #10 / 3 TPE:
The Vancouver Whalers absolutely have a lot to look forward to come the SMJHL's fifty-sixth season. Key player William Hartmann may be moving up to the SHL and playing with the Blizzard, but many are coming to take his place. A handful of the season fifty-six class are close to hitting their 350 TPE cap, such as KnockedOut ByOvechkin, Valtterri Kauppinen, Sarah Burke, Dee Centerman IV, and Zebulon Leavitt, as well as many of the previous classes being at or near the max SMJHL TPE of 425. Beloved star goaltender Name Redacted, who sits at a whopping 652 TPE, is absolutely going to be called up to the SHL next season, thus the window for him to win a Four-Star Cup is closing in, and fast. Of course, he still has that one season left for him down here, so look out SMJHL - the Vancouver Whalers are poised and ready to strike at the league for their chance at winning a Four-Star Cup.

Task #16 / 3 TPE: Word: breezy

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 08:27 PM by Wawazat.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

At the final regular season home game for this Inaugural season of the Nevada Battleborn an announced crowd of 14,110 was given a fan appreciation gift as they entered the arena. Every fan was handed a navy blue t shirt featuring the Battleborn primary logo on the front and a graphic on the back printed Large in gold script “INAUGURAL 1ST SEASON” and a Battleborn secondary gold script logo. Each shirt had a large tag attached. This tag featured a peal-able 3” window sticker and a QRcoded identifier which fans could use to enter a giveaway for a luxury party suite for every home game of season two.
Even though the game was a 2-0 loss to Vancouver. Battleborn fan Beatrice Novak a 46 year old casino dealer at Caesar’s was a ecstatic winner. She and her ‘Flamin’ Hot Flamingos’ Roller Derby teammates will be partying it up all next season at the Dodge Ram Arena. (152)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

Season 55 in the SMJHL was the inaugural season for the Nevada Battleborn and C.K.Supernaw’s first also. Being a mid season free agent signee. I didn’t really set goals for myself it was more just get reacclimatized to being here and try to accumulate as many tpe as I possibly could. I knew going in I was the backup to a damn fine goalie in Phil Weaver(@W19eaver ) and I just wanted to be a good teammate and hopefully not shit the bed when I got a start. Well I got more than I thought (12 starts) and wound up with a regular season record of 2-8-2 and a 3.64GAA and a .914Sv% ...Not great but, not really horrendous..I.got 2 starts in the playoffs both losses But, the stats weren’t too bad ..0-2. 2.92 GAA, and a .933Sv%. So there’s a glimmer of hope that if I continue to improve and accumulate a lot more tpe I just might set some goals and consider myself a goalie...maybe...someday. (167 )

Task #10 - 3 TPE

The question for the Nevada Battleborn is “What’s NOT to be excited about. This team has no Real history …the Battleborn future is wide open. WE just need to stay committed to the climb up this ladder from expansion team to contender to eventual champion. It’s right out there in front of us we simply need to keep grinding. By grinding I mean we continue to work to make each of us the best we can be..The nucleus of this franchise is young and talented and barring any complications will be together for at least 3 more seasons. So we add a few more Battleborn thru the upcoming S56 draft and stay positive and keep together ,keep grinding and it will happen ..you look at the S55 Berserkers IF they take the 4-star cup …well we can be them by S57..fuck, we can be even better than them. Say it again…The Battleborn future is wide open. (156)

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE

- - It’s Newfoundland Def. PBJ Souppan. Who can argue with that one? It combines a beloved sandwich spread and the feels of Mom taking care of lil sickie you..It’s an awesome stupid name that will probably start a trend of foodie combo names. Like Kale Bologna, and Oreo Catfish… I’m staking my claim to “Dr. Pepperjack Daniels” for my next Recreate player. (62)

-It’s Cale “Don’t eat kale” Amundsen. He’s just a dominant goalie at a max build behind a juggernaut of a Berserker team. Cale has a sub 2 GAA at 1.78 and has posted 3 shutouts in these playoffs. Maine Timbers Bloomfield is also a S54 draftee but I believe he’s not at the same tpe level. So the choice has to be Cale..(63)

-For Carolina it was that they came out with their tentacles on fire in games1-4 (a Sweep)and Newfoundland never really got settled and simply lost their composure. The Beserkers were overconfident based on the regular season results. Kelowna won their series by dragging it out a full seven games and by simply being the more physical team.The Knights out hit and chopped the Timber down ..clear cutting their way to this alternate reality final..Also in this alternate reality COVID-19 was cured in 6 weeks by “Dr. Pepperjack Daniels“.(88)

S55 regular season scoring leader Newfoundland Berserker Center Mats Marner in 50 games scored 32 goals 30 assists, for 62 points and had a shooting percentage of 19.39%. It’s the dominant performance offensively for S55 and with quality center players at an extreme scarcity in the league. Marner’ s star shined even brighter. (52)

Task #12 - 3 TPE

SHL the Magazine...
When one looks over the Goalies available for the Season 56 Simulation Hockey Draft. There are numerous candidates that General Managers, Assist General Managers and Team Scouts have all dwelled on, examined and inspected ..these include names like Phil Weaver -Nevada ,Mat Smith- Quebec, Chimkin Tendy -Anchorage, and Valtteri Aalto of Detroit.
They all appear to be can’t miss prospects that simply need time and experience to develop.
Then there’s the list of names with longer odds that seem to be slipping or not adapting to the rigors of the daily grind or maybe it’s a lack of commitment. Edward Teach -Anaheim, Marcel Laflamme -Colorado, R-A Ragnarsson-Tremblay -Carolina . These prospects might still have a chance at getting their name called in a late round on draft day.
But, today we look a Prospect unlikely to be chosen...a dark horse.
A dark horse by definition is a previously less known person or thing that emerges to prominence in a situation, especially in a competition involving multiple rivals. A contestant that on paper should be unlikely to succeed but yet still might. The dark horse in the S56 draft is Nevada backup goalie C.K.Supernaw.
Supernaw is a late mid-season signing by expansion franchise Nevada who were frankly desperate to find a serviceable backup for phenom Phil Weaver. So they took the gamble.
The Positive..
Supernaw possesses good size and shows some raw talent in his limited time in season 55 with Nevada. (12 starts a 2-8-2 record with a 3.64GAA ,and a .914 Sv%)
He has shown a willingness to work at mastering the basics to playing in goal. Nevada split the starts for it 4 playoff games and Supernaw posted an 0-2 record with a 2.92GAA and a .933Sv%.
The Negative..
As he’s way behind most of his contemporaries, Supernaw would be a long term project for any SHL team. So it would probably be best to invest the pick elsewhere and should he continue to improve possibly the odds would be better on gambling a pick on him in the S57 draft. Oh ..yeah....there’s one other thing his agent ..well he has been ‘difficult’ in the past. (345)

Task 16: 3 TPE
Verification: Supernaw

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 02:37 AM by W19eaver.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE - 127 words according to wordcounter.net

Without fans of this great sport we love to play, the lucky few of us would never be able to play it for a living. So to give back to all the wonderful Battleborn fans out there, the Nevada Battleborn team has decided that during the first 3 home games into the S56 season, the first 500 fans through the arena doors will receive a miniature Dodge Ram 1500 Hellcat. The tiny miniature trucks all come mounted on a tiny plastic pedestal with the Nevada Battleborn team name written across the front. The trucks are also going to come in all the classic Battleborn colors, navy, blue, gold and white. So be sure to be one of the lucky 1500 fans to pick up a miniature Hellcat.

Task #3 - 2 TPE - 183 words according to wordcounter.net

Athletes are the epitome of habits and superstitions. All great athletes that is have a set pattern, the way they train the way, the way the tape their sticks and the list goes on and on. Today we are going to look at the goaltenders for the teams in the SMJHL finals, Leo Bloomfield of the Maine Timber and Cale Amundsen of the Newfoundland Beserkers and compare their favorite pre-game meals. First we met up with Leo who told us that before every game he has to have a big plate of pasta. He said it doesn't even need to be the same type of pasta, spaghetti, lasagna, tortellini, whatever he can get his hands on. Now Cale is a bit different, he doesn't seem to gorge himself before games, instead opting for a light caesar salad and a half a glass of wine. The glass of wine has to be a sauvignon blanc because apparently that's what pairs best with salad. Whose to say which method is better as they have both been playing excellent for their teams heading into the finals.

Task #13 - 4 TPE 

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves). 63 words according to wordcounter.net

I would say Jonas Kahnwald a right defender from the Newfoundland Beserkers has the best name. I only say this because I'm a huge red wings fan and every time I see Kahnwald it reminds me of someone getting "Kronwall'd" by the now retired Detroit defensemen Niklas Krownwall. I'm not actually sure if it was done on purpose but I can only assume so.

B. Leo Bloomfield and Cale Amundsen have both been fantastic these playoffs, putting up numbers that can make a case for either to be the playoff MVP at this stage. Who has the edge in goal for this series? 94 words according to wordcounter.net

While no disrespect to Bloomfield, who has definitely been playing amazing, Cale Amundsen holds the edge in net for the Beserkers. While Bloomfield is actually leading the two in SV%, it's still really close with Bloomfield's .926 SV% to Amundsen's .925 SV%, it's the fact the Cale has combined this so far great playoff run with a great regular season as well. Bloomfield had a pretty decent regular season himself but Amundsen arguably had an MVP type season and then continued onto to dominate the playoffs. That type of consistency gives Cale the edge.

C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Kelowna are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost? 96 words according to wordcounter.net

First of all what went right for the Kelowna Knights to cause them to win in this wacko timeline, was that they found Leo Bloomfield's soft spot and exploited it. As they went up 3 - 2, they just kept on outscoring the Timber and closed them out in 6. As for Carolina they basically hit Newfoundland just as they were hitting a cold streak and took advantage of it. Just for a few games the Beserkers were griping their sticks too tight and just over and under skating the puck too much and it cost them.

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why? 57 words according to wordcounter.net

Well if you look at the regular season top scorers you'll see at number 1 on the list is Newfoundlands Mats Marner. He was the only player to score 30+ goals and 60+ points during the regular season. Marner was especially dangerous while the Beserkers were up on the man advantage with a league leading 27 points.

Task #11 - 3 TPE - 163 words according to wordcounter.net

Well the offseason started fairly quickly for Phillip Weaver as the Nevada Battleborn were ousted in a quick 4 games by the Kelowna Knights in the first round of the SMJHL playoffs. So with all that extra time before the S56 SHL Entry Draft, Phillip went back home to his parents farm in northern British Columbia. He was able to catch up with a couple of his brothers and some high school friends. Although there was some fun to be had (Phillip is a millionaire athlete now) he also kept up on his training to ensure he wouldn't fail any team physicals leading up to the draft. He kept in shape by waking up every morning and chasing the cows around the fields (and eventually getting chased by the bull) and by bare knuckling boxing his oldest brother. He's headed back to Las Vegas here shortly to meet back up with his teammates before the draft for some pre-draft pressers and photo shoots.

Task #10 - 3 TPE - 174 words according to wordcounter.net

Well it was definitely a tough way to end the season, but as an expansion team in it's inaugural season it was to be expected (Quebec are freaks of nature). Although there is a ton to look forward to for next season and even beyond. Not only is the management staff in Nevada, working endlessly to figure out ways to improve the roster (and that includes, scouting new players, helping players with builds and scouting other teams for potential trades), the locker room is also full of active rookies who most should be maxing out their 2nd year TPE cap before the season's over so really look out. Many of those rookies (not all mind you) are defensemen, and we all know that old saying, defense wins championships. So with close to 6 capped out defensemen, 2 capped out goalies and an improved forward corps, the Nevada Battleborn will definitely be a force to be reckon with and I guarantee they will not be a last place team next year. I'd bet on it.

Task #7 - 2 TPE - 110 words according to wordcounter.net

Well the wacky playoff formatting that came with this 12 team playoff format was anything less then ideal. It really through a wrench into being able to accurately throw up predictions which made those PT's not feasible for the playoffs. Now what is the best course of action to fix this? Do we maybe go back to the old style of playoffs where only 8 teams made it? That wouldn't make very much sense considering we just added 2 more teams. A 10 team playoff bracket? I don't even know how that would work, it would probably end up with similar shenanigans. How it is for now is probably best.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 02:08 AM by damienj10.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

the Item that the kelowna knights will be handing out is a one of a kind foam finger. Its a specific team that this foam finger is made for and its made for maine. its a foam finger flipping the bird. that is right its flipping the bird off to maine because they eliminated us this season so they get absolutely slapped every game they come to kelowna with a one of a kind middle finger foam finger. so listen up smarten up maine let us win next time thank you it would be appreciated if you did not eliminate us next season. if you do we will release another middle finger foam finger dedicated to you Smile ( 117 words )

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.

Peter Ramsey vs Damien Vertigo stats table

Peter Ramsey: GP: all of them, Saves: All of them sv% higher than 5 atleast, wins: enough to be on the stat sheet

Damien Vertigo: GP: Pine ride streak record, Saves: none but I did shout OH a few times from the pine, SV%: burgerking whopper of 0% Pine perecentage 100% though, Wins: Pine Ws all of them.

as you can see here who the better goaltender here on kelowna is which is Peter Ramsey but Vertigo will be a stat leader in laughs from the pine. LFP Leader: Vertigo. Goaltender Leader: Ramsey Good Season boys. ( 103 words )

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Requirements:

the first charity event Vertigo helped with was the pine give away organization. an organization for all the children who ride the pine all season like me. we make customized seats for the pine riders like me so they do not develop back problems. we give away these chairs for free. hence the name pine giveaway elites. we start off by taking measurements of spine and arse then we make a personalized butt seat for the pine. all the children love it as now they can ride the pine in style and comfort. the second charity Vertigo participated in was the food bank. the bank with all the food you know you line up 6 AM get that almost expired goods that walmart and other superchains would just throw out and you give them away for free. Vertigo was the cashier for the day. somehow ended up in a surplus of money somehow... hmmm anyways he is a good human, A good souls as you would say... (167 words )

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words

Vertigo and his first season well it went really well. Had a shutout in his debut then went 5 and 1 on the season. good start to this young tendies season. He was undrafted because the paperwork did not get input in time for the SMJHL draft that season but oh well hes gonna go ham when he is fully developed. what can I say when you are the back up you leave a mark on that pine. that is okay with me because everytime I come off the bench I just slay at all times. for next season I think I will keep chilling as the back up as I do not think I have hit my full potential yet. I want ramsey to just dominate and Ill be there for morale support and just come in when my homie needs a break and rest for his body. I think I play 8 - 10 games which is a good amount of games for me and my development. I want atleast 1 shut out next season and maybe a higher sv% but hey we will see where we are at come next season. for now I just gotta grind next season and get that TPE (205 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

yea literally the Kelowna knights just got eliminated from the playoffs 5 hours ago? absolutely sad as we thought we had it we really did think we had it :(. we ran into a hot goaltender he just would not give in no matter how many shots we had on bloomfield it would not go in. anyways we were eliminated game 7. next season we will be back swinging for the fences. we are too good to not go for another run. I am excited for next season. we are gonna win the four star mark my words. kelowna has it in the bag they are going to slay next season yall watch out. I personally will be grinding TPE and so will my teammates. we will come out swinging next playoffs. Ramsey gonna be max build and have 50 shut outs. 100 save percentage. just you watch prove all those haters wrong. GO KNIGHTS!!! (155 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

It is the off season and only one thing is on my mind and it is the SHL draft. I have no idea who I am going to get drafted by which is part of the fun because as a goaltender there is a ton of us but only some of us will get starting time. I will be grinding my heart out to eventually be a starter in the SHL. I see myself going late third early fourth round. which is great because when you look back on our draft Ill sky rocket in every redraft ever made in our season lol. I am super excited for the draft and get some new team mates. I really do wonder who is going to draft me. Does anyone even need a future goaltender right now? lol anyways I guess I will find out on draft day whenever that is. hopefully soon because I am super anxious for it. 158 words

finished bois
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 04:51 AM by jRuutu.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

The item Nevada Battlehorn is giving out is a product that offers the fans the ability to make noise and that way support their team. I'm of course talking about the 'Goat horn', when you blow in it a sound comes out - a sound of a goat! If you are familiar with ´vuvuzuela´ you get the idea, similar but a lot smaller, and the product is made from plastic materials, so no goats are harmed in the manufacturing process.  You can get a goat horn during the first five home game of the next season, we are giving out thousands and thousands of them. We also sell them on our website, so make sure to get one! (110)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

I think I was able to play fairly well overall, the amount of goals I scored makes me think so at least. I was able to score over ten goals in a somewhat limited role, I did not play on the powerplay that much for example, which for a rookie player would be a huge thing in terms of racking up the points, but I was still able to be dangerous offensively. I do realize that I did not get nearly as many assists as I scored goals, that is one area that I need to work on, I need to use my teammates more in the future and in general try to be more aware out there, I often felt like I was in the wrong position or could have done slightly more if I was ready right at the moment.

On top of that I need to work on my fitness and general physical attributes, the long season showed at times, I was out of energy in some nights, but I'm happy with the season, I learned a lot and I know what I need to do next! (180)

Task #9 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Berserkers (Vikings) and a squad of Timber-making Lumberjacks? Would the brute force of the Vikings win out, or would the honed skills of tree-cutting give the other axe-experts an edge? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

Vikings would win in my opinion, they are ruthless and have more fighting experience. I would give the lumberjacks the strength and power advantage, all that time moving trees around and walking in the woods means they are jacked and in great shape. Vikings travel around in boats, which has to show if the fighting takes place in a place that requires a lot of moving around, I can't imagine the Vikings can keep up with lumberjacks in the woods, but as mentioned the Vikings have more combat experience, they are dead inside and can do things normal people are not able to do, they are victorious in the end.

Task #10 - 3 TPE

For Nevada the answer is simple, a lot of the younger players are now year older, they know what it takes to play in this league. Simply put the Battleborn players are going to be better hockey players next year compared to this year. That will automatically put certain expectations above the team, everybody wants to play a better season, which includes winning more games and putting up a better fight against the top teams of the league. I don't know how much the rosters of different teams will change but I'm expecting Nevada to get above the 20 wins mark next year, maybe even above 30 wins.

Individually a lot of the players should have career years next year, that is something that will bring a lot of joy into the team, perhaps some play so well that they are called into the big show after next year? I think that is something that motivates some players to really go hard next year.

Overall, the expectation of a better season is a challenge, but it's also something we can all look forward to, the toughest part is in the past! (180)

Task #11 - 3 TPE

This off-season is fairly similar to the last off-season, it's important to use every day well. The last week or so I have just rested, it was a long season, but I have also made sure that I eat well and work out every day. I was thinking about flying out somewhere, but the Covid put a stop to those plans. I have spent my time in Nevada mostly, which is not so bad, we got the sun here and I can use the training facilities as much as I like.

In the near future, we have the actual draft, which is going to be an exciting event. We are going to take part in who knows how many interviews during that day and before it, I have tried to practice some answers and think about what they might ask, but there is no way to know. In a similar fashion as last year before the SMJHL draft, I'm not going to spend my nights turning around in my bed, what happens - happens. (170)

Task #12 - 3 TPE

Raivo Helminen is a big center, he uses his body well to protect the puck. Raivo also has a great shot, not the hardest but it sure is accurate. We saw evidence of that during this ongoing season when Raivo was among the top goalscorers for Nevada. When going forward Helminen needs to work on his skating, even if a player could technically get by positioning correctly most of the time, you still need to be able to skate faster than Raivo is skating now. Another weak point in his game is the mental side, at times Raivo loses his cool over the smallest things, which is not going to promise positive things in tight games or in playoffs where every penalty minute could be costly. He did not take too many penalty minutes, but he is constantly on the edge, either by running his mouth or pushing players around on the ice after the whistle.

Talented player for sure, has an eye for scoring goals, and he likes to play a simple game. Could fit in well into SHL, but needs to first work on the mentioned skating and mental side. (190)

Verification: Stone

= 16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 04:44 AM by krazko.)

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
135 words according to wordcounter.net

For the planned fan appreciation day and to celebrate Leo Bloomfields insane playoff so far, we decided to create a remarkably simple but fitting item. A small timber wall wearing a Leo Bloomfield jersey. After losing game 5 against the Kelowna Knights the toy wall was ready. With everything on the line, management decided that game 6 was the time to hold the fan appreciation day as it could be the last home game of the season. How very fittingly that was as Bloomfield had yet stellar performance and saved everything the Knights threw at him and recorded a Shut Out. Seeing the performance Bloomfield had with the item available, management decided to give one of the Bloomfield walls to every Timber fan that joined the team on the journey to Kelowna for game 7.

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Berserkers and Timber (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
292 words according to wordcounter.net

Centre - Mats Marner Berserkers
As a Maine player, it’s difficult to not favour or own top Centers Hammarberg or Shepard. But given the season Marner has had, it’s almost impossible not to include him as the Center. 62 points in the regular season. Marner was outstanding and quite possibly the best player in the league.

Right Wing - Ryuuji Minamino Berserkers
It’s difficult to not put Minamino on the left wing given his success during the season with Marner. Minamino had the most assists and tied 2nd for points. The case can be made for both Lucas Hellquist and Alexander Oscarsson who both had impressive seasons where they did more defensive work. But Minamino does have the edge and gets the spot.

Left Wing - Kyle Sutton Timber
With the playoff Sutton is having, 22 points so far, it’s impossible not to pick him for the second winger. Together with Bloomfield he’s carried the Timber team at times.

Defense - Rikard Bjerg  Timber
Bjerg is another Timber player that has had a very good playoff so far. Often doing lots of defensive work. 70 DGR during the playoffs he’s one of the Timbers key defensive pieces.

Defense - Mikkel Asmus Sondergard Timber
78 DGR in the playoffs, highest of the players remaining. He blocks shots and stops the opposing team from cycling the puck in the defensive zone. A great balance to round out my defense.

Goalie – Leo Bloomfield Timber
While Admunson had a great regular season and has played well in the playoffs. I have to pick Bloomfield here, the way he has stepped up and straight out won games for Maine is insanely impressive. When Bloomfield is on form like he has been these playoffs, he’s a scary opponent.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
157 words according to wordcounter.net

Coming into the league for the first time I had very few goals in mind as I didn’t know how good the rest of the field was.
The main goal I did set for myself was of ending the season on a positive +/-, something I unfortunately failed at ending with -3.
Apart from that I wanted to contribute to the team’s success, which I think have done with my 15 points. As a forward you always want to score more points, but I’m happy with the 4+11 I manged.
As I noticed during the season that I was struggling defensively I worked quite a lot on that and, for now, I’m happy where I am with that part of my game.
For next season I would want to further boost my offensive abilities to help the team score more goals. Also work on my game senses so I can deliver those passes that I love doing.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
190 words according to wordcounter.net

In the pre-draft scout report, we’ll look at Maine Timbers 14 overall pick in the SMJHL draft, Calvin Hobbes.
Hobbes is highly active and working hard and constantly improving as a player. He’s good offensively, more a set-up player than a goal scorer with 11 assists (& 4 goals) in his rookie season with relatively limited ice time (around 9 minutes per game).
Hobbes isn’t the strongest player defensively yet, but that’s not been his goal either, he is a player that wants to be involved offensively and help the team create scoring chances.
While I see no current risk in this, the biggest risk for such a young player like Hobbes is losing the enthusiasm and the drive to constantly improve. Now, that can be said for any young player, but is especially true for the newer young players.
A rumour is Hobbes is active in the locker room and always trying to maintain a good atmosphere.

As a conclusion the team drafting Hobbes is looking at an active player that is looking to improve as much as he can with no major downside at this point in time.

Code:
Task #13 - 2 TPE
A 59 words
B: 71 words

It has to be Hennesey-Gallchobhar O'McGuiness, the name is so Irish it screams an Irish pub, next to a golf course. And who doesn’t love a good Guinness to sit down and relax, after a round of golf during the off-season, or just after a long day, preferably at a British pub with some random sport on the TV.

The obvious MVP for the playoffs for me is Leo Bloomfield, he has several games with a save % above 95%. He’s clinched so many games for the Timbers and helped them win 2 series in 7 games after playing at a superhuman level when facing elimination. On top of that, he’s been bombarded with shots and has single handily won a handful of games that almost looked hopeless for Maine.

Code:

Trivia done
Word: Hobbes

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Task #2 - 2 TPE

During the Whalers final regular season home game against the Quebec City Citadelles the Whalers are giving out t-shirts to all the fans. The t-shirts are the team color and feature the top 3 scoring members of the Whalers for the season which are William Hartmann, Daniil Nikiforov, and Bryce McMahon. On the back features the entire seasons schedule and all the results up to the final home game. In order to ensure that all the fans get the shirt size they want please follow the massive signs we have made for different sizes of shirts around different spots of the concourse. In order to get your shirt you just need to bring your ticket to the booth of the shirt size you want and the person working the booth will hand a shirt and punch your ticket to make sure every fan gets only one shirt. If you've got multiple small children and need to go to different lines, don't worry, we've got enough shirts in each size to ensure that everyone will get the shirt size they want. 

Task #4 - 3 TPE

As part of a way to give back to the Vancouver community Kobo along with his fellow rookie teammates on the Whalers decided to work with the Vancouver Food Bank to provide meals to the people in need in Vancouver. They started by arriving at the Food Bank and packing up meals that were to be delivered that day. Then each player rode in a delivery truck with a driver and went all over the city to deliver meals to all the people on their list that day. The players personally brought the food to these people and sometimes would stay for a small amount of time and talk with the families. At the end of the day Kobo had been particularly touched by one family that had quite a few young children that were big Whalers fans, but didn't have money to afford team gear or game tickets so they had made their own team shirts that they had shown Kobo. So after he was done delivering meals Kobo went and bought the family Whalers t-shirts, hats, and hoodies and also bought the family four prime seats to a home game later that season. 

Task #8 - 3 TPE

In some parts I would say Kobo's first season in the SMJHL was a success as he was on a team that was massively improved from last season and even had a bit of success in the playoffs. On the other hand though Kobo individually did not have a great season. He was on the fourth line and was only on the ice for less than 9 minutes a game. Though he played in 50 regular season games he only managed to score four goals the entire season. That's less than a goal every 10 games. He also only managed 4 assists in 50 games as well, so he only had 8 points all season. One actually decent stat for Kobo was that his plus minus stat for the season ended right at 0, which means he was on the ice for as many goals for his team as he was for the opposing team. A lot of players in the league were negative in this category, so ending at 0 is actually an accomplishment. Kobo clearly started improving as the season went on and it looks like he might get an opportunity to play more minutes next season, so look for a big boost in stats for Kobo next year.

Task #9 - 2 TPE

This is going to be a gladiator team style matchup where both groups have an equal number of combatants and they know what's coming. While the Lumberjacks are big and strong I don't think they will stand a chance against the Berserkers. They won't be ready for the craziness and sporadic nature of the Berserkers and quickly the Berserkers will overwhelm the Lumberjacks. The initial wave from the Berserkers will take down a good chunk of the Lumberjacks and they are not ready for the wild tactics of the Berserkers. After that initial wave the Lumberjacks will try to regroup and while they won't go down easy the Berserkers will inevitably win the battle, but really it's all of us that got to see the battle that really won. 

Task #10 - 3 TPE

The Vancouver Whalers are a team on the rise in the SMJHL and while we will be losing our top point scorer to the SHL in William Hartmann we will overall be a much better team next season. We've got a lot of young players that will be at or near their TPE cap at the start of the season, which should translate to more wins. We were already much improved from last season to this season going from 11 wins to 24 wins. Don't be surprised if we have a similar leap in wins next season and end up as one of the top teams in the West. We've got a big rookie class that should all be hitting the cap. We may have almost four full forward lines of capped players which is huge for competitiveness in the league. There will be no weak point on the team, so every line will be able to contribute equally. That will keep our players from getting tired as fast which will lead to more wins. I am calling it right now that the Vancouver Whalers will be competing in the 4-star cup finals next season!

Verified

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE

We are going to be holding a Teylora and Boris Petrov Bobblehead night. Do you know the three headed dog from Harry Potter? Well, how about you come to the game where the Quebec City Citadelles will take on the Detroit Falcons and you could get a two headed Petrov Bobblehead? It is one of a kind, so you really would love to see what this thing is going to look like. Do not miss out, it's once in a lifetime opportunity to own this! This will only happen at one game this year. Any extras will be sold at the team store, but I would not expect it not to sell out, so I would be here if I were you.
Words: 122

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE

Teylora Petrov has been a huge fan of the Make a Wish foundation, a foundation that grants so many wishes to kids throughout the country, so this is something that he has really wanted to give back to. So, because of that, he has really focused on this organization as well as the Special Olympics. He is going to hold an open skate for any Special Olympics kid that would like to join after their Olympic Games are over. It will celebrate all of those kids who won medals and all of them that are huge hockey fans. It is really important to give back to the community, so Teylora Petrov really wants to do that as well. Along with a couple of his brothers, the Petrov clan will absolutely be looking forward to putting on this event. It is a really great event to celebrate kids and have fun in the community. There will be Chick Fil A served there as well since Teylora Petrov really likes Chick Fil A.
Words: 171

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
Honestly, this season was such a roller coaster ride. When you looked at what Quebec City was expected to do as an expansion franchise pretty much comprised of just rookies, there was a question mark to what this team would able to even do on the ice compared to teams that have 800 TPE and other teams that were built a lot longer than Quebec City was. However, I will say, I think we surpassed everyone's expectations. I really think that I did as well. As someone who is not going to be on the scoresheet, putting up goals and assists, I feel like my impact was noticed pretty well out here. I would say that I did just about how I hoped in my rookie year. Now, with that said, there is so much more that needs to be done, there is so much more growing that needs to happen. I need to learn from all of my mistakes this year and move forward for next year. I think that's going to be the most important thing.
Words: 178

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE.
This offseason is really just preparing myself for next season. I am likely going to be back in Quebec City after spending some time at my new SHL's team facility for training camp, but I will likely get sent back to Quebec City. Am I mad about that? Not at all, I really enjoyed my time in Quebec City, but I can get experience and get to meet a lot of the guys that I will be playing with eventually when I get up to the SHL. I think it is more of the same, just keeping in shape and really working out to make sure I am in the best shape to show up to training camp and impress people. I will be honest with you, I have no idea where I am going to be going in the SHL Draft. I have heard from a couple teams, I have not really heard from many, so it is a wee bit concerning if I am really being honest. I think just keep the bus rolling.
Words: 176

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE.
When you look at Teylora Petrov, you pretty much know what you are getting from him. He is someone that is going to work really hard to get better, and not make a ton of mistakes in the defensive zone. Now, do not expect anything flashy out of him. He is very much going to be an old school defensive defenseman that puts bodies on the offensive players and keeps the puck out of his own net. You won't want to draft him in fantasy, but you will want him on your team if you are a coach. He is someone the goalies love and someone that coaches love as well. Now, the only thing that could be a little concerning is his injury history. He did tear his ACL a couple years back, so that could have some issues, well, maybe. You never know, but everything looks good, he did not have any issues of taking games off or being injured for Quebec City. I mean, I would obviously be concerned, but keep it in the back of your head.
Words: 181

Code:
Task #13 - 2 TPE
A. Honestly, I am partial to Vaseline Podcalzone, because that name is so funny to me. But, I mean, is a calzone a sandwich? I really think that a Poptart is a Calzone, so this makes me intrigued to what in the world made you think of this name? What does it mean, why did you pick it? I really love this name, so I have to say that this is my favorite.
Words: 72
B. I think it's going to be Cale Amundsen with the edge just because of the team that he plays on. It's going to be insanely hard for anyone to beat Newfoundland, so I really think that he is going to be the better goalie. The team in front of him is better, so therefore, he will be better.
Words: 58

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 10:09 PM by funk.)

Task #7 - 2 TPE (2/16)
This season has seen a new 12-team playoff format introduced, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  4th vs 6th. What is your opinion on the new format? Good or bad?

Well, Nevada got into the playoffs, so that's an automatic 'plus' from me. I do think, though, that it takes away from the thrill of the playoff hunt. It's great that everyone gets to participate, the crossovers are fun, the seeding was exciting. All of that was great. I just think it's important for the seeding path to benefit the best regular season teams. If the 1 seed is playing the 2 seed, it's arguably a benefit for the 6 seed to finish where they did.

Moving forward, I think the best course of action is a 3-round, 8-team format where the top 4 in each division are seeded. The crossover in the semis is dope, but the whole 12-team format is a little too generous in my opinion.
(129 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE (5/16)

"I've been working out daily, getting my reps in, and working with my personal trainer a few times a week. I want to blow the doors off of this league in the coming seasons, so I don't have time for much rest. I'm looking to shed a bit of weight and get that first step a little bit quicker. The puck handling has been improving pretty steadily and I've been working with some great playmakers to get a better understanding of how they see the ice.

On the defensive side of things, I'm definitely focusing on my positioning and stickwork. Being able to read the play a bit better and execute on those pinches is gonna be huge. Just general all-around improvement type stuff.

Whatever down time I have is usually spent reviewing game tape and playing some video games to unwind. None of that Fortnite shit though. That killed Laine's career and it's not going to get me." - Grandmaster Funk
(161 words)

Task #12 - 3 TPE (8/16)

"Another absolute centre piece of the Nevada Battleborn, Funk has been one of, if not the most active member in our locker room. The amount of tactical input is absolutely amazing and his desire to win is inspiring. Every team should be lining up to draft this guy. You just can’t go wrong with him." - @Jearim

At the outset of the season, Grandmaster Funk had three goals; get good, get wins, and get noticed. Funk's drive to contribute to his team is second-to-none in the draft as he's taken on additional assistant-management and coaching roles with Nevada, all while playing all 54 games for the club this season. Always working with the team staff to adjust and improve on Nevada's tactics and roster, Funk is one of the more involved players this draft has to offer.

As far as on-ice performance goes, there are some points of contention amongst scouts. While Funk posted the second-to-best defensive rating on the Battleborn this past season, his offense was often lagging behind with a paltry 9 points throughout the regular season and just a single assist in the playoffs. This has been a vocalized point of improvement going into Funk's sophomore campaign in the SMJHL, but we'll just have to wait and see as to whether or not he makes that jump.
(220 words, 163 words from me and 57 from the Jearim quote)

Task #13 - 4 TPE (12/16)

For this series, I'm going to have to go with Newfoundland's Matthew Forrester. The dude's name was literally designed to kill Timber. Forrester sounds like the type to go right through the Timber with an unguarded circular saw brandished in either hand, buzzing down every bit of lumber in his wake.
(51 words)

Gotta say Bloomfield. As hot as Amundson has been, he's been in a pretty cushy situation with that Newfoundland defense helping him out. Having only played 9 games so far in this postseason, Amundson has been great with a 1.78 GAA and a .925 Sv%, but Bloomfield has been putting up similar numbers on a much higher workload.  16 games played, 2.68 GAA and a .926 Sv%. Gotta go with the guy who's been battle tested a bit more, but I think the Newfoundland defense will lead them to the win.
(91 words)

For Carolina, more scoring all-around. Lots of guys on their roster only managed a few points in the postseason and while they had 3 players who were point-per-game or better, nobody really took up the mantle of being an elite force on the offensive end. The goaltending was there with Blunt Man posting a .927 Sv%, but he just didn't get the shot support to make the finals.

For Kelowna, it's a similar story but the point totals are a bit more inflated due to the increased number of games played by the team as a whole. Realistically, a bit more scoring could've got them over the hump. The defense was fantastic in terms of shot suppression and Peter Ramsey definitely held his own in the crease. A bit of luck here and there could've sent Kelowna to the promised land.
(141 words)

Mats Marner. No doubt in my mind. I've analyzed this guy in the past and he was an absolute killer this season. Leading the whole league in points and goals, solid shot volume, consistent as all hell. This guy is the premiere offensive player in the SMJHL right now and was a key piece in allowing Newfoundland to employ such a sturdy defensive system without sacrificing offense at all. Absolute stud, and my vote for league MVP.
(77 words)

Task #15 - Podcast, 4 TPE (16/16)
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
LISTEN TO MY RAMBLING PODCAST HERE
(10.5 minutes, so there's at least 7-8 minutes of worthwhile talking in there)
= 16 TPE

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

My chosen tasks with running tally for my own benefit, and maybe whomever is grading. 

Task #2, 100 words, 2 TPE, Total 2 TPE
    To celebrate their first home playoff game in several seasons, the Whalers have decided to surprise their fans with a commemorative item to thank them for their support.  Every ticket holder walking through the door will be given a foam harpoon in the traditional one-flue style that is most associated with 19th century whaling. The word “Whalers” is wrapped around the handle in the traditional blue letters over the greens and whites that make up the rest of the teams’ colors. The flue is entirely blue except for a white outline on either side of the customary whale tail logo.

Task #4, 274 words, 3 TPE, Total 5 TPE
    Growing up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire in a tiny town has given me plenty of backwoods experience especially in the hiking department. After an interview about my experiences I was contacted by the Take a Hike foundation which servers underprivileged youth in the Vancouver area. I didn’t really understand at first how just taking kids hiking was going to help them, but I like hiking so I said sure. I begin to accompany small groups of kids for walks in the forests surrounding the city. They are usually quiet at first but as we move along and see more they get much more animated and forget that talking scares the animals away! As I begin to see more and more of the same kids on some of these journeys I begin to realize that hiking does make a difference. It seemed to build their confidence. Many of them confessed that they didn’t think they would be able to hike as far as they did. Some of the kids who never smiled when we first went out seemed to not be able to stop smiling. One of them told me that “Mother Nature has the best graphics!”
     Some of the stories these kids tell me are heartbreaking. It can be tough living where I did but my life was a cakewalk compared to what some of them have gone through. I think I’ve gotten pretty good at listening but I don’t usually know what to say. Counselor Jenny tells me that listening is enough. I am enjoying the experience and plan to continue doing it as long as I am in Vancouver.

Task #7, 161 words, 2 TPE, Total 7 TPE
     Honestly, the playoff format didn’t make much sense to me. I get that the first four teams had a bye as a reward, but why did the last four teams even make the playoffs?  We could have had an eight team playoff right from the start.  And what was the point of having divisions or conferences if the teams all just got ranked by record? We ended up with the two best teams playing each other in the semi-finals, teams that were in opposite conferences!
     However, I get that we are somewhat limited by the system we are using. If we decide to continue with the same format, I recommend (if possible) getting rid of the divisions and conference and have each team play another 5 times for a 55 game season. This would give no schedule advantage to any squad in the league, and allow for the two best teams in the league to meet each other in the finals.

Task #8, 231 words, 3TPE, Total 10 TPE
     Zebulon Leavitt: I had a rough start as a rookie Whaler and my biggest issue (especially with the coach) was taking dumb penalties. I got benched a few times during games and it is quite humbling. As the season went on I got the message and started playing a bit more disciplined. I didn’t completely stay out of the box but I spent a lot less time there. Well, except for the fight but the coach doesn’t mind those as much. 
     I focused mainly on improving my defensive skills over the course of the season. During practice for special teams they had me especially concentrate on being shorthanded, which I actually enjoy.  That in particular improved overall for the team and I like to think I was an essential part of that. Playing with Slimey Snail helped quite a bit. He is along the same prototype of the player we both want to be and we worked together on strengthening our games. He especially assisted me in improving my hitting, checking, and how to shot block better while reducing your chances of being injured. 
     The coaches thought I could use some work on my passing so I spent plenty of off hours on that as well and it paid off! While I only put up 8 assists that wasn’t disappointing especially since they came in the latter half of the season.

Task #9, 165 words, 2 TPE, Total 12 TPE
Battle between Berserkers and Lumberjacks: If I was gambling man, I would always bet on the Berserkers. Lumberjacks are experts in cutting down trees and moving them. Berserkers are trained to fight.  History has plenty of examples of hard working civilians going into battle with trained warriors and having their asses handed to them. Lumberjacks are trained to swing their axes at an object that doesn’t move. Unless they can convince the enemy to stand still they are pretty much doomed. 
However, if woodsmen could somehow lure the Viking warriors into a dense forest they might be able to take advantage of their forest knowhow and use guerilla tactics to defeat them. I daresay they are as much experts in climbing trees as the Berserker is in warfare. Leaping from tree to tree would allow them free reign to rain destruction from above with little the Scandanavian army could do about it.
So the winners are… the Berserkers unless the Lumberjacks get the terrain advantage.

Task #12, 191 words, 3 TPE, Total 15 TPE
Prospect Review for Zebulon Leavitt: The future is bright for this young defenseman, and he will be a welcome addition to any SHL team. He hits, he blocks shots, and he isn’t afraid to drop the gloves to defend his teammates on occasion. While he has plenty of areas of the game to work on, he has also proven he is willing to work on them. A team source indicated a both seriousness in becoming a pro accompanied with willingness to put in extra time in improving his game. “He spends extra time in the weight room and on the ice, he has never been late for a single meeting, he listens to both the staff and his peers, he is encouraging, he is exactly the type of player you want in your locker room.”
He also appears to be quite active outside the arena, participating in kayaking and hiking which can only improve his strength and stamina. Upon arriving in Vancouver he almost immediately volunteered for a local charity group dealing with underprivileged children, an indicator of a person who wants to improve not just himself but those around him.

Task #16 , 1 TPE minimum, Total 16TPE

Verification word: Shrapnel

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:28 PM by AW13.)

Task #16: Verification Word - Nuggets

Affiliation: PBE PT - AW13

Task #2: The Vancouver Whalers are known for being an interesting team and this year's commerative playoff item is no different from their interesting ways. This year in their first home playoff game the team gave away commemorative playoff thongs to both the men and the ladies to emphasize the 'Whale Tail' side of things. They could be shot out on the ice after goals, waved around as a rally towel sort of thing or even worn for team support under or over clothing! It was a hell of a time in the arena and a lot of fans got a chuckle over it so I think it was a winning promotion! Such a Whalers thing to do!

Task #4: Rikki Petrov is always known for his giving nature's especially when it comes to charities and helping others! There are two charities that Rikki Petrov is associated most closely with and that is helping local animal shelters as he loves animals, caring for them and helping them find homes. Petrovs volunteers to go help at the shelters to give the animals love and care as well as help set up adoptions for their forever homes. Through a concentrated effort between the Whalers and Petrov, there have been record numbers of animal adoptions around the Vancouver and greater British Columbia area and that is a huge thing. The animal shelters are not inundated with animals and families are getting loving pets for their homes. The second thing Rikki Petrov is heavily involved with is Fight Hunger charities as he believes that these are very important. No one should go hungry so Petrov donates both time and money to working for these causes. He is a monthly contributor to the cause and also has worked to set up multiple food drives to help the less fortunate. He really has done a lot for his charities and looks to continue that as an SHL pro player as well.

Task #8: Overall, while I wasn't over the top happy with my performance I would still say I'm pretty content with how the season turned out both on a personal level as well as on a team level. Rikki Petroc had a lot of solid games during the season to help Vancouver have some hot streaks during the season and even advance in the playoffs when 'Playoff Rikki' came out to play. It was pretty fun being a two-way center and overall I think what I had hoped for was true. Not expecting a huge role, for a third line center, Petrov had solid hit numbers as well as overall assist numbers as well which is what I was hoping for and those expectations got met. I think also for the most part Rikki was over 50 percent on his faceoffs as well which was a big thing I wanted to do to help the team get possession whenever we could. I continue to look forward to Petrov's growth in the league. I think for his game he just needs to keep improving at what he is already good at and that will help him go a long way. He could be the next great two-way center in the SHL!

Task #9: When I think of an actual fight between some Vikings and Lumberjacks, I don't think there is even a challenge here. Vikings were known for being pillagers and conquerors while Lumberjacks just cut some trees for some paper companies and stuff or to make some firewood. Vikings, at least when I think of them are also in possession of axes, usually more of a battle ax than a woodcutting ax and that is a huge difference. I'd like to see a lumberjack in his flannel shirt go toe to toe with an armor clad Viking with a battle ax. Vikings win 10 times out of 10 here, it's not even close.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]