Create Account

[2x] Top goalie prospects in the season 56 SHL entry draft
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 04:46 PM by Matteo.)

[2x draft media bonus]
With season 55 coming to an end and the entry draft around the corner, I thought I'd take a look at all ten eleven of the goalie prospects available in this draft and see what order that they might end up going in.
[Image: default_avatar.png]
#11 - Tyrone Banks (@hockeytrb99) 161 TPE
 Raptors 
Member since July 3, 2020 | Bank balance: $500,000
Regular season stats - N/A
Playoff stats - N/A

I've got an easy start to this list here, as Tyrone Banks has been inactive ever since he did his first update. He also never spent his free $500,000, and never played a single game. His rights are owned by the Colorado Raptors, but I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays a game in his career, never gets drafted to the SHL, and for that matter, never logs on again.

#10 - Marcel Laflamme (@HydroRaven) 230 TPE
Raptors 
Member since July 15, 2020 | Bank balance: $31,000
Regular season stats - GP: 9 | W: 6 | L: 1 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.914 | GAA: 2.00 | SO: 0
Playoff stats - GP: 6 | W: 2 | L: 3 | OTL: 1 | SV%: 0.897 | GAA: 2.68 | SO: 0

Marcel Laflamme has pretty good stats for a player that finished the season with only 230 TPE. Still though, I had to put him 2nd last on this list because he has been inactive since mid August, and his bank account might as well be $0. I'm also not sure why the Raptors decided to roll with him in the playoffs instead of their starter, but he did decently well.

#9 - Edward Teach (@biggestshlchad) 236 TPE Outlaws 
Member since July 14, 2020 | Bank balance: $320,000
Regular season stats - GP: 14 | W: 5 | L: 6 | OTL: 2 | SV%: 0.881 | GAA: 3.42 | SO: 0
Playoff stats - N/A

We've got another inactive goalie in Edward Teach, as he hasn't updated since about the same time as Marcel Laflamme. The two are pretty interchangeable on this list, but I put Teach higher since he has slightly more TPE and a more healthy bank account. Also that extra day that Teach has had an account could be a game changer. Teach's stats during the regular season were also pretty below average on an average Anaheim team.

[Image: latest?cb=20191121163102]
#8 - David Danielson (@WildfireMicro) 218 TPE Citadelles 
Member since May 7, 2020 | Bank balance: $5,200,000
Regular season stats - GP: 33 | W: 11 | L: 19 | OTL: 1 | SV%: 0.900 | GAA: 3.91 | SO: 0
Playoff stats - GP: 1 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OTL: 0 | SV%: .862 | GAA: 5.54 | SO: 0

David Danielson is a little bit of an odd one, since I was on a team with him this season and have a bit of inside information. He has been inactive since late August, and while he's unlikely to return, that doesn't mean he never will. I put him at #7 on this list since he has a much higher bank balance than those below him, but he could also arguably be put at #9 due to his low TPE. He had pretty decent stats in the regular season as the starter of the novel Quebec City Citadelles, but didn't end up starting in the playoffs, coming in only once in relief.
[Image: 8477293.jpg]
#7 - Valtteri Aalto (@drodger91) 236 TPE Falcons 
Member since December 27, 2012 | Bank balance: $32,738,000
Regular season stats - GP: 14 | W: 5 | L: 5 | OTL: 2 | SV%: 0.889 | GAA: 3.25 | SO: 1
Playoff stats - N/A

I feel good about Valtteri Aalto's position on this list, as he's the oldest account on this list, and the wealthiest, but also hasn't updated since mid August. Aalto played the season on a pretty awful Detroit Falcons team, and while his save percentage wasn't great, he was by no means the problem with a .500 record.

[Image: 8477424.jpg]
#6 - Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay (@LarryTheMVP) 223 TPE Kraken
Member since June 15, 2020 | Bank balance: $4,600,000
Regular season stats - GP: 13 | W: 11 | L: 2 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.913 | GAA: 1.99 | SO: 1
Playoff stats - N/A
When I first made this list, I accidentally left off Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay (or RART as his teammate so lovingly referred to him as), and for that I apologize. Maybe it's because subconsciously I knew that his long-ass name would ruin my spreadsheet. Whatever the reason, he's in now, and I've decided to put him at 6th. I wouldn't call him inactive by any means, but I did notice that he has missed many updates since he created his player, which is why his TPE sits a little on the lower side at 223. Despite this, RART was able to build a respectable bank balance, and also have very good regular season stats.

[Image: 8470594.jpg]
#5 - Damien Vertigo (@damienj10) 239 TPE Knights
Member since March 14, 2015 | Bank balance: $5,275,000
Regular season stats - GP: 7 | W: 5 | L: 1 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.872 | GAA: 2.93 | SO: 1
Playoff stats - N/A

And with Damien Vertigo, we've come to our first fully active player on this list. Vertigo is by no means a max earner, but he never missed an update. Vertigo is also one of the longer-tenured accounts on this list, being around since 2015, and he has a healthy bank balance to show for it. On the ice, Vertigo's save percentage could have been much better, but he got a good record so not too much to complain about there.

#4 - C.K. Supernaw (@Wawazat) 237 TPE Battleborn 
Member since January 16, 2019 | Bank balance: $15,741,000
Regular season stats - GP: 13 | W: 2 | L: 8 | OTL: 2 | SV%: 0.914 | GAA: 3.64 | SO: 0
Playoff stats - GP: 3 | W: 0 | L: 2 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.933 | GAA: 2.92 | SO: 0

Goaltending was definitely not the problem for the expansion Nevada Battleborn, and you can see that from backup C.K. Supernaw. He ended up finishing on the lower end of the amount of TPE that he could have gotten, but still updated every week and is active. Supernaw has been around for over a year and a half, nearly coming up on two years, and in that time has been able to earn a very good amount of money. His stats were also great, much better than his record would show, has he was able to keep the Battleborn in nearly every game they played.

[Image: kr0vrEu.jpg]
#3 - Mat Smith (@Matteo) 265 TPE Citadelles 
Member since July 22, 2020 | Bank balance: $10,550,000
Regular season stats - GP: 23 | W: 6 | L: 13 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.905 | GAA: 3.91 | SO: 0
Playoff stats - GP: 10 | W: 4 | L: 6 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.920 | GAA: 2.98 | SO: 0

This is actually my player, so I'm gonna try to be as objective as possible. Mat Smith is the greatest goalie to ever grace the SHL with his presence, if I had to describe him in only two words, it'd be Golden God. Jokes aside, I had a pretty good first season, especially considering I'm the youngest account on this list and missed a few key TPE earners like the interested prospects thread and season predictions. I was able to earn 265 TPE by updating every week, which is good for 2nd on this list, and put together a pretty good bank balance if I do say so myself. I spent the regular season as the backup, or "1B" goalie, and my stats could have been better, but in the playoffs I took over as starter and played well, helping the Citadelles get to round 2 where we got absolutely squashed by the Newfoundland Berserkers.

[Image: 8475215.jpg]
#2 - Chimkin Tendy (@Ragnar) 258 TPE Armada 
Member since April 3, 2013 | Bank balance: $10,674,953
Regular season stats - GP: 10 | W: 5 | L: 4 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.910 | GAA: 2.31 | SO: 1
Playoff stats - GP: 1 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.857 | GAA: 2.67 | SO: 0

I decided to put Chimkin Tendy as #2 on this list even though he has the 3rd highest TPE. This is because he hasn't missed an update since he created his player, has been around for over seven years, has a good bank balance, and had pretty good regular season stats as well. I wouldn't look too much into his playoff stats, as he only came in once in relief of his starter.

#1 - Philip Weaver (@W19eaver) 289 TPE Battleborn 
Member since July 16, 2020 | Bank balance: $22,100,000
Regular season stats - GP: 38 | W: 8 | L: 28 | OTL: 2 | SV%: 0.902 | GAA: 4.13 | SO: 1
Playoff stats - GP: 2 | W: 0 | L: 2 | OTL: 0 | SV%: 0.864 | GAA: 5.69 | SO: 0

If you payed attention to the SMJHL in season 55 at all, then Philip Weaver at #1 should come as no surprise. I wouldn't even be surprised if he ends up going in the 1st round of the SHL entry draft. Weaver has the 2nd youngest account on this list, yet he has the most TPE and the 2nd highest bank account, only behind a user who's account is nearly 8 years old. It goes without saying that Weaver never missed an update, as his TPE is one of the highest among all positions in his draft class. His stats weren't the greatest, but this is mostly due to him being on the last place expansion Nevada Battleborn, and like I mentioned earlier, goaltending was absolutely not the issue on this team. What I find most impressive out of everything though is that Weaver was able to pull a shutout out of nowhere, I'm not even mad that it was against my team. I'll be looking forward to seeing how the rest of Philip Weaver's career plays out, and I especially will like to see what will happen in a couple seasons when most of the Battleborn, along with Weaver, is 425-capped.

I'd also like to add a final note that I could see numbers 8, 9 and 10 being interchangeable, as well as numbers 4 and 5, and numbers 2 and 3 (like a Byfield/Stutzle situation). I do think that numbers 1, 6, 7, and 10 are all pretty set in stone though. Thank you for reading what I have to say! If anything's off or you're one of the goalies on this list and I didn't get your player render right, please let me know and I'll edit it!
Word count: 2040
Edit: I forgot about Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay! I'm so sorry to LarryTheMVP, and I'm glad you haven't logged in since I posted this! I've added RART so all should be good now!

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

The disrespect to RART..

09-09-2020, 02:03 PMoverdoo Wrote: The disrespect to RART..

Sick  did I forget someone?

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 02:42 PM by JURT.)

09-09-2020, 02:12 PMMatteo Wrote: Sick  did I forget someone?

You killed forgot my father my brother. Prepare to die for the TD.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

ay I made top 5 lol

Quote:Marcel Laflamme has pretty good stats for a player that finished the season with only 230 TPE. Still though, I had to put him 2nd last on this list because he has been inactive since mid August, and his bank account might as well be $0. I'm also not sure why the Raptors decided to roll with him in the playoffs instead of their starter, but he did decently well.
Oh oh! I know why! The starter is inactive and has an absolutely unplayable build. He had a Goals Saved Above Average below -20 for the season, which was far and away the worst in the league. Colorado probably could have won several more games last season with even league average goaltending, instead of league worst, by far, goaltending.

Laflamme, even several hundred TPE below Huuveri, was the best shot at winning against KEL. They likely would have gotten swept with Huuveri in net.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I'll take #2. Thanks!

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

@Ragnar sweg

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-09-2020, 02:40 PMlespoils Wrote:
09-09-2020, 02:12 PMMatteo Wrote: Sick  did I forget someone?

You killed forgot my father my brother. Prepare to die for the TD.

I added him in! I must have skipped right over him when I was looking at S56 prospects!

@Matteo

Thanks for including my late season azz. Wish you a happy draft landing and much success .

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

09-09-2020, 03:58 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: @Ragnar sweg

sweg

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Battleborn with the best goaltending depth in the juniors. Either will be great adds to any SHL team.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Code:
When I first made this list, I accidentally left off Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay (or RART as his teammate so lovingly referred to him as), and for that I apologize. Maybe it's because subconsciously I knew that his long-ass name would ruin my spreadsheet. Whatever the reason, he's in now, and I've decided to put him at 6th. I wouldn't call him inactive by any means, but I did notice that he has missed many updates since he created his player, which is why his TPE sits a little on the lower side at 223. Despite this, RART was able to build a respectable bank balance, and also have very good regular season stats.

Respect on adding him in @Matteo, by no means did you have to go back and add to your article. He did mention he had a little break but is back and good to go now, so that'll explain some missed updates. Smile

I see goalie article - I upvote. Great stuff!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

The next wave!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother